Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Kyouko and Reika basically completely switched roles. Hm.
Mar 22, 2013 7:33 AM

Nov 2012
poor kyoko. i feel bad for hating her now that we know she had to bear the weight of her injury all this time. i'm assuming her & hiromi will put aside their differences & become friends which i think might be a nice touch. the rivalry between ochofujin & hiromi is more interesting than the kyoko/hiromi rivalry was anyway tbh.
May 12, 2015 6:33 AM

Nov 2007
Yaaay finally a real shift in the plot/characters. Kyoko as an enemy was getting repetitive :P

Mar 25, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2012
obladi oblada.............
Apr 29, 2016 8:56 PM

Jan 2010
With a single episode, Kyouko became quite the interesting character. This does explain her rush to the top of the tennis world, her fierce jealousy and insecurities. Also, interesting to see that while Kyouko attacked Hiromi with underhanded tricks, Reika's doing the same but with intimidation and raw skill. This anime is seriously going places.
Dec 9, 2016 10:05 PM

May 2016
I am honestly impressed by how that explained literally everything about Otowa. I thought she would never become a remotely realistic character, and that becoming someone other people could like was impossible, but a 5 minute explanation did the trick. Maybe there is a lesson to be found here about passing judgement on people you barely know.

...Still no flaws to be found in Maki.
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Aug 21, 2017 2:05 AM

Dec 2015
Confirmation of the final boss. I'm a bit disappointed.

4/5 Excellent clarification.
Dec 24, 2017 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
About damn time.

Very good episode,due to me finally finding some symphathy for the character Otowa,think this development was desperately needed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 21, 2021 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
Who would've thought that we'd feel bad for Otowa? She'll never be able to move her arm again soon, but the coach assured her that she can still enjoy life, functional arm or not.

povsuduvolosy said:

I see that I'm not the only one who noticed The Beatles song lyrics in Toudou's notebook. You can even see the "Desmond has a barrow in the marketplace" lyrics underneath it.

Nov 8, 2021 11:02 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Otowa definitely needed that boost. I think there should've been more foreshadowing to her injury but maybe I missed something. Her rotten behavior really sucks but I can understand a bit of her resentment.

Ryuuzaki really needs to chip away at her pride and honestly I have no idea why the girls on their team are making it out like Hiromi is such a shit player, she's obviously growing but she's not actively bad???
Dec 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2010
I guess the author felt the need to dispose of Otowa as quickly as possible. The bullying shtick had gotten old and with Reika's bitter prideful streak emerging she's clearly becoming Hiromi's antagonist so I suppose there's just no need for poor Kyoko any more.

I'm disapointed as I thought she was an interesting villian who was motivated by the same thing that Hiromi is (initially) motivated by; admiration for Reika. That she was disgracing herself more and more with her bad behavior and just repulsing Reika was something that was not fully explored, nor how Hiromi shifts to being motivated by tennis itself instead of Reika, in a sense surpassing Kyoko.

I suppose it was too late to do any more storytelling that revolves around Reika as a distant idealized figure now that she's stopped off that pedestal to become Hiromi's "enemy".

povsuduvolosy said:

Oh, life goes on?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 4 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

10 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 3 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

11 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 26 Discussion

Seabury - Mar 5, 2012

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 27, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 20 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 7, 2016

5 by johneaston »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 23 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 10, 2016

9 by Perevodildo »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.