Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
With the release of a new PV (yet unknown premiere date), curious to see what people expect from this show especially from studio Bones.
Feb 9, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2012
Bones is one of the studios I like, Brotherhood, Darker than Black, Xamdou and others had one of the best animations overall I've seen.
In this one I think the fights are pretty good but then the art looks a little plain or oldish(like in kill la kill?), but I think will grow to like it, like in the manga.
SnaitaFeb 9, 2016 12:33 PM
Feb 9, 2016 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Looks like Saitama converted from monk class into a magician class and jumped into another anime xD, can't wait !
Feb 10, 2016 5:20 AM

Jan 2016
So I heard it's funny, looking from mob's plain face I can't really tell what's so funny about him (pretty much like the baldy). I'm definitely waiting for another ONE's absurd comedy.
But the scenes in the pv tho, pretty sure Bones will nail it.
マジ Saitama 殴り
Feb 11, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
K_Omsa said:
So I heard it's funny, looking from mob's plain face I can't really tell what's so funny about him

Nothing's really funny about Mob, that role is for based Reigen and Dimple.
Feb 11, 2016 8:59 AM
Dec 2014
WhiteFact said:
Looks like Saitama converted from monk class into a magician class and jumped into another anime xD, can't wait !

K_Omsa said:
So I heard it's funny, looking from mob's plain face I can't really tell what's so funny about him (pretty much like the baldy). I'm definitely waiting for another ONE's absurd comedy.

IMO mob psycho 100 is far better a comedy than One Punch Man, and if you like ONE art, the fight parts are good as fuck too.

And also, for me, Mob Psycho 100 is better overall than One Punch Man.

@ArtemisFlow Reigen is god.

Feb 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2014
Honestly, I expect it to be hit or miss.

I think it'll take loads of people either by surprise or many people will have hyped it up due to it being written by the same writer of One Punch-Man and then when it finally arrives and people can dive into the content they may be underwhelmed. Who knows...

Hoping for the best, looks promising.
Feb 13, 2016 4:50 PM
Mar 2014
It will ultimately come down to how many episodes they got and how well paced it is. They've nailed the aesthetics so that's one worry I can check off the list.

Also of note, they showed scenes from 2 of the side-story chapters, which hard to say what that will mean for it's run time.

Mob is MUCH more character development driven and is a bit more of a slower burn compared to OPM.

If they can get to at least chapter 50, without ruining the pacing, it'll be a solid season. Any further then that is just icing on the cake.

If they don't get that far, we'll barely get out of the prologue before it ends since the CLAW branch arc is huge (stretching from the end of the Teruki confrontation (shown in the trailer) all the way to chapter 50).

Though if we use OPM as a guide, everything they've shown in the trailer will happen in the first 3 or so episodes. Which...i'm not sure...at 4 chapters per episode that might be a little fast. Though it will be interesting to not even see the titled 100% until the climax of episode 2 (as opposed to OPM showing off the one punch before the opening even rolled).
ZanathKariashiFeb 13, 2016 4:56 PM
Feb 16, 2016 7:22 PM
Aug 2014
Which scenes of the side-stories??? I read the manga but I did nit reconize side stories on the PV? can you please tell me which side-stories ZanathKariashi?
May 13, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2013

314KO said:
WhiteFact said:

K_Omsa said:

IMO mob psycho 100 is far better a comedy than One Punch Man, and if you like ONE art, the fight parts are good as fuck too.

One Punch Man is MUCH more focused on comedy than Mob Psycho 100. Even though both are comedys and have battles with insane animaton (which we can tell Mob will have because of the PVs), One Punch Man has much more comedy momments than Mob Psycho. Sure, Mob can be pretty funny sometimes, but not as much as OPM.

The manga is really good. I'm looking foward for the animation.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2015
i will awiting patiently for where bones lead too... this series is have heavy SOL atmosphere on it but i never know bones doing SOL before so i don't know what i expect in this matter... i don't mind if they lead more to action and comedy thou...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 15, 2016 6:49 AM
Dec 2014
Satoshiek said:

314KO said:

One Punch Man is MUCH more focused on comedy than Mob Psycho 100. Even though both are comedys and have battles with insane animaton (which we can tell Mob will have because of the PVs), One Punch Man has much more comedy momments than Mob Psycho. Sure, Mob can be pretty funny sometimes, but not as much as OPM.

Commedy moments doesnt mean funnier.
May 15, 2016 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
314KO said:
Satoshiek said:

Commedy moments doesnt mean funnier.

It means in this case. Mob just does not have much comedy in it. But it does have some parts where I really laughed my ass off. And I agree with you about the good fights. I can see the insane animation already. I wish we could see the
but that's far ahead in story so it's obviously not happening.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 2016 9:32 AM

Mar 2015
i think i am the wierd one because i though mob psycho 100 is more heavy on sol and psychological rather than OPM.. when OPM is more action.. as for comedy, i though they are same, if we including extra on mob psycho..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 22, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
Leak shows that we might we getting up to the infiltration arc

http://nanieverse.tumblr.com/post/144658623182/guys-this-is-important
Jun 2, 2016 4:47 AM
May 2016
it's so pointless to compare MP100 to OPM because they're so different you'll only end up dissapointed. also comparing mob to saitama is just. . .insulting almost, they're completely different characters and have next to nothing in common. i think people who go in expecting another OPM will be severly dissapointed and there's a risk MP100 will be getting a lot of shit for "not being as good a comedy as OPM"

honestly i don't think either MP100 should be classed as a comedy at all. but that's just me. it's got comedic elements sure(and as said earlier, i agree i think it's funnier than opm too!) but overall the story is not a comedy at all- it's in fact very dramatic and focused on human relationships and growing up.

i'm super worried people will not see it for what it is and just constantly compare it to OPM though. . .ugh
Jun 10, 2016 6:13 AM

May 2013
Someone looking at the code of the official site found out that they are probably planning to have at least 24 episodes, so the anime will be a lot bigger than many people thought.

With so many episodes I think that the best end point will be chapter 73.
Jun 10, 2016 6:40 AM

Feb 2016
Daw11 said:
Someone looking at the code of the official site found out that they are probably planning to have at least 24 episodes, so the anime will be a lot bigger than many people thought.

I hope this 24 episodes is true so that Reigen 1000% is happening.
Jun 10, 2016 6:43 AM

Mar 2015
Daw11 said:

is that true? source?

well if it's true, that's something really glad to hear.. i got guaranted they will adapted in decent pace and adapting episodic story..
Jun 10, 2016 6:57 AM

May 2013
Kuma said:
Daw11 said:

is that true? source?

well if it's true, that's something really glad to hear.. i got guaranted they will adapted in decent pace and adapting episodic story..

The thing is here but this doesn't guarantee that they'll do all the episodes.
Jun 10, 2016 7:05 AM

Mar 2015
Daw11 said:
Kuma said:
is that true? source?

The thing is here but this doesn't guarantee that they'll do all the episodes.

thank you...

the source is not that long.. and the action part can will be fast to adapted... i don't mind they go trough to latest arc either (esper organitation arc)...
Jun 10, 2016 7:15 AM

May 2013
Kuma said:

thank you...

the source is not that long.. and the action part can will be fast to adapted... i don't mind they go trough to latest arc either (esper organitation arc)...

If they end at chapter 73 the pacing will be exactly 3 chapters per episode.
The first episode will probably be 4 chapters though.

I think that they'll do around 3.5 chapters per episode, with a couple of bonus scenes or episodes once in a while.
Jun 10, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 2015
Daw11 said:
Kuma said:

thank you...

I think that they'll do around 3.5 chapters per episode, with a couple of bonus scenes or episodes once in a while.
mob psycho chapter is not that long especially in early chapter (one of problem to guessing the pace is amount of page is really incosistant)... and most of bonus also really worth to adapt too (like dimple extra).. well, lets wait how they will pull it out...
Jun 10, 2016 7:25 AM

May 2013
Kuma said:
Daw11 said:

mob psycho chapter is not that long especially in early chapter (one of problem to guessing the pace is amount of page is really incosistant)... and most of bonus also really worth to adapt too (like dimple extra).. well, lets wait how they will pull it out...

Some anime do an entire episode with less than 15 pages of manga. I'm sure that they'll manage to do an entire episode with over 30 pages of Mob.
Jun 10, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
Daw11 said:
Kuma said:

Some anime do an entire episode with less than 15 pages of manga. I'm sure that they'll manage to do an entire episode with over 30 pages of Mob.
exactly.. the currently boku no hero and bungau stray dogs adaptation is surprisingly slow and have justice with adaptation... the previous kekkai sensen goes to their own route... on the other side, they has noragami who rushed... what we can do is only wait and hoping they not screw up whatever route they chose...
Jun 10, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
Bones doing a 2 cour anime would be surprising, but definitely great news if true.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 12, 2016 6:02 AM
Jul 2014
I REALLY hope this isn't compared to OPM too much D: other than a powerful protagonist they're both so different. (/_;) I do favor both mangas/anime's/web comics but in all honesty Mob psycho 100 was a lot better :D and that's saying a lot for me because I was a little defensive since I loved opm ALOT plus the transition from Yusuke to ONE'S art I thought was harder but it actually added on to the comedy for me XDDDD. I'm so glad they keep the art style too. This is perfect for Bones just like OPM was perfect for MadHouse. I really hope people love it just as much as opm but doesn't over hype it ლ(ಠ益ಠლ).
Jun 17, 2016 5:14 AM
Apr 2016
Talk about anticipation...was seeing the stats and people scoring 1 even before it starts.
Jun 18, 2016 11:31 PM
Jan 2013
As a Twgok fan I have a special stake in this....
Let's hope it does not dissapoint.

One punch mans style,with some special character development.

Jun 21, 2016 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
hmm..... i honestly think it will be a good anime, but probably the only reason the majority of people are watching it is because the original webcomic was made by the creator of the One punch man webcomic.

im honestly pretty hyped because i have been reading a lot of the webcomic, and i absolutely love it! i just hope it will become an anime thats popular for more than just becuase "its from the creator of One punch man"
Jun 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2015
Looks ok, I'm not getting my expectations up. If it sucks that's fine but if it turns out to be awesome that'll just be a pleasant surprise.
Jun 22, 2016 10:59 AM

Sep 2013
RamK said:
Talk about anticipation...was seeing the stats and people scoring 1 even before it starts.

Would be cool if the "10" score was changed into a "100" for this show as a joke - it would obviously still function as a 10 and not give a massive rating increase
Jul 16, 2016 8:17 AM

Jun 2010
in my watchlist but haven't started yet. I really don't expect anything, but I don't see it as a hit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 9:27 AM
Mar 2014
Conservatively optimistic.

I'm a little worried about pushing so much action into the first couple episodes, I know they might be just trying to assure viewers that it won't be ALL slice of life and the troubles of youth +psychic powers, but it could also give them the wrong expectations when the story does have long periods of slow introspection and soul-searching.

Or they might start strong and then go into wildly different directions with the story.
Aug 22, 2016 6:08 PM
May 2012
WhiteDivinity said:

My thoughts exactly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Mob is autistic? ( 1 2 )

TASM18 - Apr 4

57 by moonlighteevee »»
May 26, 3:17 PM

Poll: » is mob psycho 100 a battle shonen?

deg - May 16

33 by n7pidgey »»
May 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

407 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
May 17, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

406 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

267 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.