Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 26, 2012 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
Good quick anime. I really enjoyed it.
When sigfred just stood there and let luke spend who knows how long forging that katana I just burst out laughing thinking what I would have done if that was me. That part could have been better.

ending suked, this needs a second season. 7/10
Jul 31, 2012 1:53 AM

Feb 2011
These series were crap . 6/10
Dec 16, 2012 4:33 PM
Aug 2012
this shldnt have been the last episode because the goal of the hole damn series was to kill valvadear sigfred is more like a stepping stone on tht path this was most definatly meant to be at least two seasons long

plus luke only jst started to live for him selve in the last episode if this had been more popular and had better reviews im sure the story wld continue i guess ill jst read the manga
Dec 19, 2012 9:39 AM

Jan 2012
enemies left undefeated
things left unexplained
next season left unannounced

oh well.. 7/10
Jan 10, 2013 12:04 AM

Jun 2012
the producers are the biggist dicks ever if theirs no season 2 -.- i hate when i have to wonder in the end why cant they end it like code gease with no possibilities of another season
Aug 4, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
OK.It is necessary to read the manga.
Aug 16, 2013 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
That was a pretty craptastic ending, but I guess that's due to the fact that they adapted this series when there was barely any material out. I liked the setting and the characters were okay. Cecily was pretty annoying at times but her tits made up for that.

The fact that I knew that Cecily got raped in the original release of the light novel kind of ruined this series for me. I heard she still gets sexually abused in both the manga and the new release of the light novel. I swear these writers in Japan need to understand that rape doesn't make a series better or deeper.

7/10

I would love a second season. But I would definitely prefer a remake/reboot. I believe the light novel for this will release its final volume on the 23rd of August. There could be some hope for more.
ShuhanAug 16, 2013 5:12 PM
Jan 4, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2012
A bit disappointed with this finale, it was too rushed and felt over condensed. Didn't really feel any suspense either, just "ok she beat up the bad monsters, off to beat up the bad Siegfried." The battle itself just seemed so random and was disappointed by the one dimensional villain twist that Siegfried took on. "Love makes me puke! BLEGH!" The events after the battle were, again, rushed up because they ran out of time.

Overall I enjoyed this series despite being underwhelmed by it. I went into it knowing its rank and reception and knew not to expect anything noteworthy. Yet surprisingly enough, it did have its moments and the swordplay was actually really fun to watch. And I know Cecily is hated by many, but I personally thought she was alright, albeit a bit ridiculous at times. I like how she often spoke straightforward and from the heart. My only real problem was the terrible pacing which was a result of spending too much time showing off and joking about Cecily's breasts.

Not holding out for more of this, but not opposed to it either. 7/10
Jan 14, 2014 4:26 AM

May 2012
I really enjoyed this series. I do like to see a second season

8/10
Jan 20, 2014 9:40 PM
Apr 2011
I came here trying to remember what kind of utterly ridiculous nonsense they came up with to explain the politics after those little brats tried to kill Cecily and steal Aria. Then they ended up living with her. WHAT KIND OF... GAH!

So really, what nonsense explanation was it that they used when talking about the empire and why they couldn't punish the brats? I remember essentially being completely flabbergasted and thinking that it wasn't anywhere near what would actually happen in a political situation like that.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with the series, sure it was easy to love and hate certain characters, but the story didn't offer good explanations for much of anything nor did it offer a reasonable conclusion to the story.
Jun 20, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2012
A pretty good ending but the story is far from over and I really wonder and actually hope that we'll see a second season now that the novel is finished but well I must say all in all I quite liked this anime it had a pretty good pacing, character and story development so a solid 7 for me!
Jul 25, 2014 6:55 AM

Mar 2009
I found this anime to be entertaining. Didn't notice anything bad about Cecily even if She was talking crap.
For how much Cecily trained She had a good chance to hit Siegfried. He didn't expect her to have such skill with katana for the first time.
Pretty stupid for Siegried to not slash her in two when Luke was forging the sword but he was either overconfident or just looked down on Cecily being sure She cant best him.

Then I come here and learn that Cecily was raped in the novel and molested in manga :( For that alone if I were to rate manga and anime - anime would get +2 score. I don't know for some reason rape (abuse of female cause She's female) even in fiction makes my blood boil.
Oct 18, 2015 8:44 PM

Jan 2010
Siegfried sure was polite waiting for Luke to create that sword. That was a good 4-5 minutes in episode time he just stood there, including the time Cecily tried to be a human shield again, then through her spiel at the end.

Anyways, Sacred Blacksmith wasn't bad. Nothing special, but it at least didn't do anything outwardly wrong. Luke got humanized, Cecily managed to get some fights in, Lisa's story was told, we got a plot, and some established points leading into the source material. I suppose the show did it's job, but at the same time, it feels like it was just going through the motions. It didn't introduce anything new, but it functions fair enough as a good action show with some comedy thrown in. Though, I also suppose that its greatest flaw is not being very memorable, neither introducing new things or improving on things that already exist. For what it is though, it's fine.
Nov 21, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2014
It had many elements similar to Kaze No Stigma, which is good because i liked Kaze No Stigma, but this ended up more about how Luke wasn't able to cope with living a lie and about Celily helping and gaining Lukes approval, and was more of a girls take on the sword fighting genre, lots of bad fan service jokes too, i wouldn't watch a new season if it came out.
Jan 14, 2016 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
Worth it ~ .
Lock hilt forging .
Sacred blacksmith indeed ~ !!
Unwavering heart .
Great episode .

The last episodes were really great ~ !! .. it was a bit of satisfactory at the least .
Well , That's how it is and that's not how should it be done .
Really nice if they get all in their toes and make a decent revision of it :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 5:56 AM

Sep 2015
Shocked said:
Siegfried sure was polite waiting for Luke to create that sword. That was a good 4-5 minutes in episode time he just stood there, including the time Cecily tried to be a human shield again, then through her spiel at the end.

Lol, I was thinking like that too. Such a polite and patient villain he is.

I was wondering how much this anime diverge from the novel, too bad it seems there's no english translation? Well, as anime-only watcher, I enjoyed the first few episodes... then it became a bit boring in the middle (filler episodes?) until the story once again focused on Luke and Lisa. Luke+Lisa moments are what's keeping me to finish the anime since the MC is so annoying -_- .
Jul 24, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2014
Hm.... a fine yet rushed and inconclusive ending.... this could have been done much better, the anime as an overall could have been done much better, it had potential for more, I think.

By the way, I liked Cecily and disliked Luke, he really needs to learn some good manners on how to threat others - education. It's unbearable to see how he threat others. There was a time I got so happy cause he showed up so little for 2-3 episodes, could have keep like that.... =X

Despite all that, it was enjoyable to a certain level, 6-7/10
TechOtakuJul 24, 2016 8:39 PM
Nov 19, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
whoever was in charge of the action scenes must have took long time to decide the perfect BGM for the scene...after-all every time a duel started in the entire show the music was what kept me from feeling unsatisfied..

all in all it was good enough for me..and I won't feel bad for like getting baited by the Title Name expecting it to be heavily action packed series...I came for action and I got it..enough to call it desert..

Feb 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
So Luke was like " ohh, we're in the middle of a fight and my sword is broken, well excuse me while i make a new one real quick " ... like what the heck ? that's so lame af, although the fight between Cecily and the guy with white hair was pretty good, it was okay

6/10
Mar 24, 2017 4:01 AM
Apr 2016
SleepnDreamn said:
I found this anime to be entertaining. Didn't notice anything bad about Cecily even if She was talking crap.
For how much Cecily trained She had a good chance to hit Siegfried. He didn't expect her to have such skill with katana for the first time.
Pretty stupid for Siegried to not slash her in two when Luke was forging the sword but he was either overconfident or just looked down on Cecily being sure She cant best him.

Then I come here and learn that Cecily was raped in the novel and molested in manga :( For that alone if I were to rate manga and anime - anime would get +2 score. I don't know for some reason rape (abuse of female cause She's female) even in fiction makes my blood boil.
I fell the same, after i found out what happened i really struggled to continue reading the novel, rape is the thing i hate the most and i would take pleasure in torturing and killing every rapist that has ever lived. Which is why i found it hard to continue however after finding out that she wasn't actually raped in the manga but only the novel i read the manga instead, it still made my blood boil but it was a way to read it in bearable consience
Aug 9, 2017 4:53 AM
Aug 2014
Wait that's it? The blonde wasn't the blacksmith ex-girlfriend, but just a nobody and then we have Cecily easily defeating a generic antagonist.
Sep 27, 2017 10:13 AM
Nov 2013
I enjoyed this anime, but it is a real downer knowing that the chance for a season 2 is almost nil and they really needed more episodes to tell everything. I have not read the original material so all I have to go on is the anime series itself. No showdown with the big bad demon, end fight "bad guy" was wounded only and forced to retreat, left wondering if the Emperor was part of the whole plot and an active participant or just a pawn. What happens to all the demon swords still out there just floating around in the Emperor's collection. This series needed more seasons to explain everything and like one of several others never got another to flesh out everything and tell the whole story. Could have easily been an 8 or 9/10 but because of all the loose and untied threads need to score it a 7/10. I will eventually most likely buy the DVD, but so sad to see it is another series that had the potential to be great and falls short only because it was not given more episodes to tell the whole story.
Feb 4, 2018 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Just as I expected from this anime as hit-and-miss storytelling and its not like I was expecting a decent show but had some fun as a guilty pleasure anime. The production value and music was plus point for this show.
I wished the character dialouges chould been more unique because its feel repetitive at times. Not surprisingly the show left out some plot points but surprised to see the way show ended in a very incomplete sense.
Could been far worse imo but overall the anime tried to offer something entertaining.

removed-userFeb 4, 2018 9:22 PM
Aug 22, 2018 3:03 PM

Dec 2012
Well, this is a series I never expected to re-watch. I have to say that it was a more pleasant experience this time around. In the years since I first saw this, my feelings toward anime have changed considerably. While I still hold to some of my criticisms as to what The Sacred Blacksmith could do better, I don't think so harshly of its flaws anymore. In short, I lightened up to the antics and warmed up to this show's finer points.

It's definitely piqued my interest in the manga and I'll be sure to check it out in due time.
Sep 23, 2020 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
The ending (the final battle) was a bit rushed imo, but they had a happy ending which is great. Cecily had more time to shine and won the fight against Siegfried. I think Cecily really improved a lot as a knight compared to episode 1.

I did like most of the characters in this series and really wanted to know what was gonna happen next. I'm happy to have this series on dvd, I think it's kinda underrated. Though I agree it has it's flaws...
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

7 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Jun 19, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by a0o-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.