Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 24, 2019 6:54 AM

Aug 2017
Yuri certified! Another masterpiece by Ikuhara, and definitely the best yuri anime since Utena. Great themes, intelligent use of symbolism and metaphors, creative direction. 10/10, Ikuhara is a genius.
Sep 25, 2019 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
Taking out the Subliminal message or symbolism, MC turned into a Bear kinda disturb me abit.

So by removing the exaggerated theme,
I am the story were about a girl who fell in love to another girl and trying to confess their love will be excluded from the community, hated or bullied.
Then World Severance described as Barrier of Straight people and Homosexualities in specific country law. (My country forbid homosexualities btw)

The judgement is technically the one mind struggling to pick a choice.

I guess that's the simplest description about this whole anime. While I found the theme really absurd and stupid the message itself is quite strong.

I can't rate this, I enjoyed it and it'll probably count as the cursed one in my mind bearing as one of the important message of human society for the Queers.

Christ, I knew it would turn out like this, I expected it from the OP and first 3 episode.
Feb 9, 2020 11:02 PM
Nov 2015
symbolism the anime .

Yeah i kind of enjoy It cuz if i didnt i would just plain drop It , but im gonna be honest i almost drop It cuz firts 3 episodes were mega boring ... I watch utena and mawaru and i LOVE THOSE! SINCE EPISODE ONE, cuz they have a Story, a narrative and then underline / sutil symbolism, but this anime is plain ALL symbilism...

So here is my question, i get most of it, is not that hard to understand what the wall mean, what the invisible thingy was, what the bears represent and was clear as Water that un the end the lead Will be honest with her reality and accept herself even if the society WONT

But what does the little Prince methafor / symbolism mean???? What does It mean to bring the honey pot to her sis and she wanted to kill him ... Cuz if he died and she BECAME THW MOST IMPORTANT person in the Palace again means her brother really died , and she died too but again died wasnt DEATH as in not living but actually being oztetrized ... So what does that mean that LULU was with him???????
Apr 10, 2020 12:51 AM

Apr 2015
I'd imagine the language barrier contributed quite a bit to the modest score here, I watched an episode of English subs and they definitely weren't up to the monumental job of successfully translating and actually conveying the feel of the script
Nov 27, 2020 12:33 AM

May 2017
Way too many flashbacks and repetition. 1/10.
Jul 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Aug 2015
Can't believe I missed this airing and ever since have been hesitant to watch because of the ratings here..

Amazing as always! Ikuhara never fails to atleast provide an entertaining ride.
Being a 1-cour makes it a bit messy, but I found this to be much better than Sarazanmai.
8.5/10
I'm baffled by the MAL score.
Jul 17, 2021 2:15 AM

Feb 2020
Nice ending.

Overall, a pretty average show. All that excessive symbolism and metaphor stuff made the story a little confusing and uninteresting imo.

SerafosJan 2, 10:38 PM
Oct 28, 2021 5:36 AM

Dec 2020
Reading through these comments really helped me understand all the symbolism and metaphors more. Even with that help, the start I thought was tad weak but it ended on a really strong note.
Jan 22, 2022 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
Kunihiko Ikuhara is making the exact same talking points that he's done ever since Utena here but with less substance. Yuri Kuma Arashi has the weakest story and representation of each single anime he has created. The MAL score is justified. How many times can he explore the same themes? Alright, we get it, you're socially conscious and you like to criticize things, but you're starting to run out of steam. In an attempt for this to go unnoticed, he tries to overcomplicate the themes and intertwine them but fails at it. His aesthetics and directing are turning out to feel less novel as well. He should have stopped after Penguindrum. Also the rooftop reminded me of "Muslim LGBTQ support group - meeting moved to rooftop". All Kunihiko is good at is delivery and he failed at doing that with this one. Still I will watch his next anime though. 4/10
removed-userJan 22, 2022 7:10 AM
Jan 27, 2022 3:47 AM

Sep 2018
I'm rather disappointed by this, in the end - the Invisible Storm/Wuthering/whatever were clearly meant to be the antagonistic force, a metaphor for militant conformism and hate for those who deviate from the norm. Certainly, their treatment of Kureha and Sumika wasn't justified, but the way they were the only ones really fighting back against the bears made them seem almost like a necessary evil. The actions of the bears were not sympathetic in the slightest - despite the cutesyness, they were remorseless murderers who, despite being able to subsist off other food, chose to eat humans just for the sake of it. Perhaps that's another metaphor for continuing to eat meat in a world where vegetarianism is viable, but I digress.
Mar 3, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2021
Fucking awesome yuri absofreakinglutely approved
Aug 9, 12:18 AM
Oct 2023
LESBIANS SAVED MY LIFE
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2015

107 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2015

140 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2015

194 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

417 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2015

167 by sketchy12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.