Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 2, 2018 8:51 PM
Jan 2010
I loved this series.

I started reading it somewhere around 2010 or 2009. And the stopped because of life changes, but recently I decided to give it another go and see how it all ended. In two days I read like 60 chapters and it was so worth it. Great plot, great emotions.

The ending was okay. Not gonna lie, I wanted the two Alices to survive and be on the world, I'm not sure why they needed to kill her...my ideal 'solution' would be to just separate her from the Will, but well, this universe is not mine so I have to deal with it. I also wanted to see Lacie somehow talk to Jack in the end. Maybe forgive him? Not that I liked the guy, but I wanted to see one last interaction between the two, Lacie was a very intriguing character. I also wanted to see a real Alice x Oz. Or maybe Echo x Oz, but oh well, no luck with romance I guess.

Overall, last chapters were a bit rushed but I'm fine with it. Personally I hated seeing Break die. I wanted SO BADLY to see him struggle and survive, and then fulfill Alice's wish :(. I know that Oz carried it on, but for some reason there was a special meaning for me to see Break embracing his mission.
Such an amazing character he is. The Hatter! Most badass moment on the series was when he summoned the Mad Hatter again after Rufus' plan. Actually, the series best moments were all involved with Break for me. The first time he went to the abyss as Kevin Regnard, and his desire to save everybody was the most touching moment (saw it on the anime btw), also when he was ready to die to avenge Riem.

Best death was definitively Eliot, and it was also the biggest twist, I guess everyone thought he was Glen...and to see even Vincent moved by his death just shows how noble the guy was.

So this is it. Great series for me, gonna take some time and re-read a bit. All the characters are interesting. Would love to see more of Jack and Lacie. And I will certainly miss Break, Oz and Alice.

I'm interested in checking the author's new manga "Vanitas no Carte". I wonder if it will have any Pandora Heart reference
GBcrazyMay 2, 2018 8:54 PM
May 23, 2018 10:24 PM
Jan 2018
This really deserves another anime adaptation. First manga ive read and im really satisfied (although i started it at ch 33) 10/10.
But I still cant fully understand Alice. Thats why I prefer the anime version T.T
Feb 10, 2019 5:41 PM
Dec 2011
Late to the party but just finished binging this series. Overall it was great! But I feel like a few things about Oz weren't addressed or maybe were unclear to me:

How come he still appears with Jack's body after they were separated? He also seemed to reincarnate to the same (Jack's) body after 100 cycles. His soul wasn't human to begin with, so not sure how that would affect the 100 cycles thing. And how did Oz forget his memories in the first place?
It seems to me like they kept him looking the same for the sake of the story unless there is a real reason behind that.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind Jack's rewinding-unrewinding. He was still around at the end as it showed him talk to Leo before vanishing. I didn't think he would come back after the end of the contract.
Jan 8, 2020 11:15 AM
Jan 2020
Rissachu said:
Late to the party but just finished binging this series. Overall it was great! But I feel like a few things about Oz weren't addressed or maybe were unclear to me:

How come he still appears with Jack's body after they were separated? He also seemed to reincarnate to the same (Jack's) body after 100 cycles. His soul wasn't human to begin with, so not sure how that would affect the 100 cycles thing. And how did Oz forget his memories in the first place?
It seems to me like they kept him looking the same for the sake of the story unless there is a real reason behind that.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind Jack's rewinding-unrewinding. He was still around at the end as it showed him talk to Leo before vanishing. I didn't think he would come back after the end of the contract.

I'll try to answer this
How come Oz still appears with Jack's body after they were separated? actually after they separated, Oz at first came as black rabbit so maybe Oz still in black rabbit form. It is just in the picture we see him as Oz, like Alice as b-rabbit at Oz's ceremony from early chapter. (but honestly it was more impactful for Alice and Oz to say their last words in their human body)

I actually think that because abyss had the power to give soul to unliving things then they also came to life, they just didn't have human body.

After Oz and Alice reincarnated, MochiJun didn't draw Oz and Alice's face so maybe they were actually different from before. Or maybe Abyss was in the work here courtesy from Vincent. The same with their memories, the reincarnated souls usually forgot their previous life.

As for Jack, since his soul broke in pieces he was rejected by abyss. Therefore he also wasn't accepted in 100 years cycle of life so he was rewinding until his soul was no more and only then he would vanish from this world. At the time Oz was 'born' Jack's soul at his body was already diminish.
Jack made the plan so Oz and Alice would go searching for memories. Jack got back his soul from the memories that Alice and Oz found. The more memories found the more Jack got his soul back.
But then Alice stopped searching the memories that's why even if Jack was still around at the end he was then vanishing because there was no more soul in his body.

Well that's what I think, sorry if it's long and make you confuse. cmiiw ^^
Jun 20, 2020 4:25 PM

Aug 2019
A beautiful but very bittersweet ending, there's no other word to describe it. It was the best possible conclusion that this series deserved with every plot point tied up, though maybe just a tad bit rushed.
This last chapter and quite a few past ones have made me cry rivers and I'm still not over the characters' deaths, especially Break. The dream sequence at the beginning broke my heart, as did Oz and Alice departing. So glad that Barma was alive at the start. Damn, I really loved Vincent and Ada, though Vincent's reasoning was understandable and his death in Gil's arms was very sad, considering I hated him in the beginning. But the last scene was very heartwarming. Gil has waited a hundred years for them and he was finally reunited with Oz and Alice.
This is going at the top of my favourites. It's obvious that the mangaka had everything planned from the beginning and every point connects together. This manga is so amazing with such mind blowing twists and very emotional and heartbreaking moments, as well as well written, lovable characters and wonderful art.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 23, 2020 2:47 PM
May 2018
all i have to say is
i cried my eyes out
end
Aug 16, 2020 3:25 PM
Nov 2013
I finished the manga 2 days ago and I have been thinking about it all that time.
Sep 26, 2020 12:33 PM
Jul 2019
What a beautiful read. Fell in love with the characters. Character development in this series is wonderful and this manga will always be one of my favorites. Hope there will be a continuation of the anime. This is just too beautiful to miss.

I don't want it to end, but the ending was beautiful either way.

Thank you, Pandora Hearts! It was a great ride.
Oct 15, 2020 4:36 PM

Apr 2019
Wow what a bittersweet ending to a beautiful and heartbreaking series. One of the best reads ever. This deserves so much more praise. It needs an amazing anime adaption that does it justice from start to finish.

10/10
EdTheAlchemistOct 15, 2020 5:36 PM

Feb 10, 2021 10:25 PM

May 2020
This was a perfect ending. It tied up everything and satisfied me perfectly.

I was honestly unsure as to how to rate this series. It's art and story are strong 9's but somehow I felt like the characters were the weakest part. It felt like a really generic cast but as I read through the series, they were developed enough that I liked them. This is one of the funniest manga I've read in a long time and it's one of the few that commits to its darker themes. However, it's still a little too melodramatic for me and sometimes dragged down a work that could've been much better.

7/10

TitanInsaneFeb 13, 2021 7:17 AM
Mar 11, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
Been 4 years since I first read Pandora Hearts, but man, even in 2021, it's still a masterpiece. Especially better for me with this reread because I got to read the physical versions from the boxset. What a beautiful manga this was, and still deserves to be known as one of my favorite manga of all time. 10/10.
Mar 14, 2021 8:28 AM

Jun 2020
Came here just to say this. I have never read anything as good and beautiful as this manga. Each and every chapter, each and every panel, each and every moment is absolutely incredible. I don't have words to express how good this manga is. For me, it's just the best....
Apr 15, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
I just want to say that Break is a god, and Rufus Barma was easily the second best character in the show.

8/10. The story is good and makes sense (is also quite emotional) however I don´t think bombing you with plot twists for almost 30 chapters was the greatest read (I´m talking specifically from the Beginning of the Queen of Hearts arc to the beginning of the last one) however, I do think the fact that Jack being the bad guy was brilliant. Truly a great twist there.

The ending was bittersweet, but I think it was really good up until Oz and Alice saying farewell to Gil. The 100 years explanation, Sharon x Reim, Ada (a character I never liked), Leo, Gil and Vincent just dissapearing. All of that was quite strange. I also feel like Jack got away with everything he did, and well, I didn´t liked Vincent´s "redemption". His character was so out of place and unstable by the end that he doesn´t look like the dude he was at the beginning of the series.

All and all it was a really good read, just too much time travel, possessions and messy memories. If you think about it, 8 out of 9 characters in the main cast had memory issues.
May 28, 2021 10:11 AM
Aug 2020
pandora hearts is the beautiful thing that i ever read in my whole life!
Jun 9, 2021 1:19 PM

Oct 2019
What a great ending. I literally cried at the end of this manga. Pandora Hearts really deserves a new anime adaptation, hopefully with the 15th anniversary having a new project planned for the series, this story can see a complete adaptation. I never thought I would ever read a manga that surpassed Dorohedoro for me, until now.

10/10, nothing more and nothing less
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Jul 1, 2021 7:53 PM

Sep 2020
What an ending. I'm glad I decided to pickup the manga after watching the anime. The amount of tear-jerking scenes this had alongside all the dark, dreadful scenes and plot twist is incredible. I don't think I'll be able to recover over Break's death, I love him so much and seeing him in that dream made me so sad. This was such a fantastic manga, the characters, the plot and everything about this series was amazing, definitely in my favorites now.
Jul 3, 2021 11:53 PM

Mar 2020
TitanInsane said:
This was a perfect ending. It tied up everything and satisfied me perfectly.

I was honestly unsure as to how to rate this series. It's art and story are strong 9's but somehow I felt like the characters were the weakest part. It felt like a really generic cast but as I read through the series, they were developed enough that I liked them. This is one of the funniest manga I've read in a long time and it's one of the few that commits to its darker themes. However, it's still a little too melodramatic for me and sometimes dragged down a work that could've been much better.

7/10

CHaracters are actually the best part about the series..I mean every one of them has layers especially Oz,xerxes and jack which are literally one of the most complex characters i have came across. The only one whom i can call generic might be Alice and even that is debatable.
Jul 4, 2021 12:02 AM

May 2020
234Mannan said:
CHaracters are actually the best part about the series..I mean every one of them has layers especially Oz,xerxes and jack which are literally one of the most complex characters i have came across. The only one whom i can call generic might be Alice and even that is debatable.

LOL Jack and Oz being "complex characters". I've seen much, much more complicated characters than both of them. Nobody in Pandora Hearts cast is particularly interesting or memorable for me. If you've read a lot of manga, you've seen these characters before.
Jul 4, 2021 12:23 AM

Mar 2020
TitanInsane said:
234Mannan said:

LOL Jack and Oz being "complex characters". I've seen much, much more complicated characters than both of them. Nobody in Pandora Hearts cast is particularly interesting or memorable for me. If you've read a lot of manga, you've seen these characters before.
Bruh... It kinda feels like you didnt understood them..No offence and you are the first person whom i have seen who claims that... Oz reactions characteristics,philosphies, development, and everything as a whole... Jack past and how it links to him in having so many personalities as a whole(A true hypocrite) and alot more.. Explaining them can take alot of time frankly but Your opinion about characters is quite wrong(even if its subjective). I mean yeah you can like characters from other stories much more but you cant say that pandora hearts has weak characterization considering the intentions and personalities of each and every one of them
234MannanJun 18, 2022 5:51 AM
Jul 4, 2021 9:45 PM
Jan 2016
I loved this manga so much. 10/10 no doubt.

However, I am surprised that most of the readers in the comment section didn't really talk much about the relationship between Jack and Lacie.
Maybe because I binge-read the whole manga in three days, I felt like I have developed a stronger connection/understanding of Jack out of all the characters in the show. Truly, he was my favorite character and his love for Lacie was so admirable. I cried because of how it ended for him, not being able to reunite with his Love. Also, I wanted to see Gleen(Levi) who impregnated Lacie get punished in the abyss.
Jul 8, 2021 5:40 AM

Mar 2020
Tsundere__Chan said:
I loved this manga so much. 10/10 no doubt.

However, I am surprised that most of the readers in the comment section didn't really talk much about the relationship between Jack and Lacie.
Maybe because I binge-read the whole manga in three days, I felt like I have developed a stronger connection/understanding of Jack out of all the characters in the show. Truly, he was my favorite character and his love for Lacie was so admirable. I cried because of how it ended for him, not being able to reunite with his Love. Also, I wanted to see Gleen(Levi) who impregnated Lacie get punished in the abyss.
I am glad that u liked it.. However i would like to make some corrections. Lacie was someone jack hated the most but at the same time he loved her the most as well. The thing is Jack had no purpose before lacie interfered. However due to that he suffered as well and it was only when he hated her or loved her that he truely felt that feeling/alove. He blamed lacie since he couldnt help it..SO U cant really say that jack loved lacie infact his feeling was something extreme between love and hate.Tbh this chemistry is one of the best things about this story in general. It was tragic literally and showed the importance of sef worth and extremisim with addition to how the world is actually a beautiful place...
Oct 31, 2021 4:43 PM
Dec 2017
At least everyone is happy in the second dimension. Vincent ends up with Ada in that world too.
Dec 31, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2021
I occasionally reread this chapter and it ALWAYS makes me tear up. Just wanted to show my appreciation for this amazing story some way. Truly one of the best shonen I've ever read. A shame it's not that popular tho.....
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jan 7, 2023 9:00 AM

Jan 2020
What a fucking kino ending. This series was very amazing and definitely lived up to the hype I got from people. I loved how the mysteries kept on piling up, creating this web of intrigue and how all of the characters were connected to it.

The series for the first half was just a 7/10 for me, but after Elliot died it became a 10/10 due to all of the insane twists and tremendous amounts of payoffs. The second half would not have shined anywhere near as much without the slower build up of the first half, so I'm not complaining.

All in all, this was an incredible series with great twists and characters. 9.5/10
Feb 15, 2023 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
wish we got 1-3 chapters explaining what happened in the decades that passed 
Apr 9, 2023 10:46 AM
作画

Nov 2019
damn. THIS is how you write a mystery manga.
May 4, 2023 6:40 PM
Sep 2019
Oh, damn, I'm. crying. It was beautiful. Probably the only ending to a book series that was really satisfying and not full of clichés! 

Well, except for Sharon and Liam marrying, I really liked everything.
- Ada & Vincent not getting back together again!
- Vincent spending his life on his own or together with Gil, traveling!
- Sheryl & Rufus not marrying, and staying best friends until the very end!
- Gil & Vincent being best friends!
- Jack finally dying for good! 
- the protagonist (Oz) not just miraculously surviving because he's the protagonist!
- Reo deciding that the children with red eyes should be visiting the abyss, and not cast there as a misfortune! Thank you, Reo.
- And of course, Gil & Oz (& Alice) finally reuniting.

How long can Baskervilles live though? If it really takes 100 years until a soul can be reborn, then that would make Gil pretty much immortal. Since he barely even aged. Well, not immortal but just really really slow. 
Why did Vincent die earlier, when he's the younger brother? I mean, Lottie also lived 100+ years and barely aged.

Also, Vincent kinda looked younger in the end. Is it just because of the shorter hair and different clothes?

And why did Oz and Alice have the same body again? Was it just their soul that Gil was seeing basically, but they do have different bodies? I hope so. 

I'm really really glad that the dream in the beginning was just a dream, and didn't turn out to be "a gift from the abyss" or something, as it is so often with stories like these. Where everyone is just revived and the protagonist gets all they want. It's very nice that Jun just mentioned the book thing, kinda breaking the 4th wall again, and just let it be an AU! 
Thank you, Jun, you're a mastermind.

I would've liked to see Lily's and Lottie's future too, tho. They probably didn't live that long, but still. What did they do? Travel the world like Vincent? Or settle down somewhere, and just live in peace in their final years?
May 4, 2023 6:47 PM
Sep 2019
rtyuuiii said:
with oz and Alice finally kissing, well at lest Oz and Alice is canon.
Oz is the plush animal of Alice... that is their relationship. The best friend, a guardian of a child. They protect each other, help each other fall asleep. 

If you really feel like there should be sexual stuff between a plush and a child, a friendship meant to be innocent; well, you do you, but please do this somewhere else. 
Jul 29, 2023 8:32 PM

Dec 2009
I imagine rereading this one day, but... for now;

Original Thoughts in 2015 after Completion:
May 25, 5:51 PM

Oct 2017
Just finished rereading the manga about 5.5 years after I read it for the first time. I can't believe I had forgotten so much of its plot, for it was and will remain a favorite series of mine. It all still hit hard and I cried so many times....

When Oz was announced to actually be B-Rabbit the Chain, when Gil sacrificed his arm, when Break said goodbye to Oz and co. and then died, when Oz and Alice had to say goodbye to Gil, when Vincent finally passed... man I cried a lot. The characters were well-written, the plot was great, and the artwork was spectacular.

I hope to reread it again, maybe 5 or so years from now. Waiting a long time will allow me to accept these current emotions, maybe forget 90% of the plot again (lol!) and re-experience the series again as if it was for the first time. I am blessed to have forgotten so much, which allowed me to re-experience so many raw emotions when plot-twists and other semi-unexpected things occurred.

Thank you, Pandora Hearts <3
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Your favorite chapter?

AsrielXL - Oct 13, 2022

7 by Jim_Heart »»
Aug 14, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 16, 2011

54 by kaichiharu »»
Jun 18, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

40 by kaichiharu »»
Jun 17, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 32 Discussion

tabiglows - Jul 8, 2009

19 by kaichiharu »»
Jun 17, 10:07 PM

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

11 by meyve »»
May 21, 3:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.