Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2015 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they are trying to give all the girls some fighting spotlight this episode...

Heh, I guess they have to so everyone can work together as a team to take down that monostrity. Outside of the school sure doesn't look pretty D: . Now we just need to get one of the girls an eye patch

Dat cheek kiss though.
Feb 19, 2015 11:27 AM

Feb 2008
Yuu can't remember anything about Mitsuki talk about being his first kiss, probably cause using of that overpowered power.
This episode show how much Mitsuki love her brother, probably more than just siblings.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 19, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2008
Mitsuki is just great <3

Feb 19, 2015 7:38 PM

Apr 2011
We are now starting to see the effects of using Yggdrasil. I think it won't be for long till Mitsuki and the others realize this.

I'm curious about the preview when that girl pull his hand to her stomach like "I am carrying your child" thing?

MagitoFeb 19, 2015 7:53 PM
Feb 20, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
OOOOOH looks like Mitsuki is having a brocon moment.
Feb 20, 2015 6:42 PM

Aug 2014
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, DONT USE THE "WE ARE NOT SIBLINGS CARD". Please dont.

But sadly, as it was shown in the flashback between the MC and Mitsuki, it looks like they are not really siblings. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 20, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2012
Well they took down the dragon, but Lisa was hurt pretty badly. Looks like she's back on her feet next week though...and fighting with Mitsuki? Wonder why...though speaking of Mitsuki her moment with Yuu at the end was sweet.
Feb 20, 2015 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
That Green Dragon Power is cool but bad because it takes your memory and this episode yet again shows a perfect example so if i was Yū i would want a different power but whatever, and it looks like he lost another precious memory Well till next time.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 20, 2015 9:29 PM

Jun 2013
Entertaining episode
Feb 20, 2015 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
Wasn't a particularly bad episode... but...

DID THAT GIRL JUST VANISH FOR NO REASON AT 4:16?!
Feb 21, 2015 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
misterdave35 said:

Wasn't the only one who noticed then.
Feb 21, 2015 4:08 AM

Jun 2014
Another one of those crazy headmasters....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2015 10:14 AM
Sep 2014
Akame strikes again!

j/k
Feb 21, 2015 10:22 AM

Jun 2012
Why adapt this in the first place if they air the episodes with "holes" in the animation? They think people don't notice it...
Feb 21, 2015 10:47 AM

Nov 2009
Snaita said:
Why adapt this in the first place if they air the episodes with "holes" in the animation? They think people don't notice it...

They didn't try to hide it...

Diomedea,the studio who made this, do 4 shows in this season. They might time some issues with time and QC (Most of their budget is put into "Kantai Collection" )
Feb 21, 2015 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
Mitsuki has feelings for her big brother Mononobe.
Feb 21, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2012
Marina2 said:

They didn't try to hide it...

Diomedea,the studio who made this, do 4 shows in this season. They might time some issues with time and QC (Most of their budget is put into "Kantai Collection" )

That really annoys me. I will never understand choosing quantity over quality.
Feb 21, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
It's quite rare to see a harem with the second girl to join being a loli XD Tear's pretty cute though :3

Mitsuki is a brocon. And Yuu's smooth as F*** with words even though he doesn't remember shit lol

Who's the girl that makes Yuu touch her tummy next ep? Already impregnating girls are we :P
Feb 21, 2015 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
Well it was already confirmed in a previous episode that they really arent brother and sister when they were on the cliff talking and they both lived in different houses. I dont think she called him Nii-san either.

Also he didnt lose his memories this episode, sometimes I wonder if people even pay attention when they watch something. When the dragon said that the data was incomplete and the power from the cannon wasnt enough Yuu said no, he didnt need the additional power because the power of the rest of the girls plus his was enough to destroy it. Thats why afterwards he said, "I dont feel different" indicating that he didnt feel as if something was taken from him.
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Feb 22, 2015 12:11 AM

Aug 2013
So. My guess about which memories he lost back after they killed leviathan was wrong too.

Everyone else guessed that he lost his memories of standing on the overlook with Mitsuki, because those were what flashed before he fired the cannon. I guessed that he lost his memories of first meeting Iris, which my logic was because when he said they were already friends, she asked "since when?" and he kind of stuttered before just saying "well I think for a while now".

But as it turns out he lost his memories of kissing Mitsuki. Not that that's a bad thing, since she's pretty annoying. So far nobody has done anything to make Iris lose her best girl spot.

Good thing he didn't lose any memories this episode either. But I have a feeling that's just a glimmer of hope before he pulls a Chaika or some shit.
Feb 22, 2015 12:23 AM

May 2013
Another price of memories. It's so common in shows like this. Seriously though, the preview for next episode looks to be interesting.
Feb 22, 2015 12:40 AM

Jun 2014
and then the show went right back to being mediocre.
I love the look of that cannon though. and Tears wings looked pretty cool. But the animations and colors got REALLY sloppy and muted during that fight.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 22, 2015 1:26 AM
May 2014
CreamZi said:
Another price of memories. It's so common in shows like this. Seriously though, the preview for next episode looks to be interesting.

Can you give some examples of other series doing the same?
Btw, lost memories =/= paid with memories.

Preferably not those that have mecha as its main genre/category, because those
tend to be quite boring, especially combination-mecha.
(Cross Ange and some of Gundam isn't)
konatachan80Feb 22, 2015 1:43 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 22, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
I'm guessing Yuu and Mitsuki are either cousins or siblings living in different houses maybe due to their parents getting a divorce. Either way, it's nice to see some Yuu and Mitsuki moments.

Finally Yuu realises which part of his memories he lost.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Feb 22, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2014
Oh LORD! the animation smh... but a good episode plot wise
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 23, 2015 2:09 AM

Oct 2010
Weak, quit being a puss and give her some tongue. She obviously wanted that brother dragon D. If this dude doesn't slay at least one girl with his dragon D, this show will be complete shit.
Feb 23, 2015 7:24 PM

Dec 2013
Welp, first half of the show being the conclusion of last weeks fight, with Yuu miraculously not having to expend another of his precious memory to kick the Dragon's ass. Still, I'm surprised that apart from the big mecha-gun he pulled out of the ground that Yuu still has a secondary exceptional ability in Anti-Gravity. I wonder how easy it will be to wield though, since if he just shot each Dragon with Anti-G, he could pretty much repel them all from the girls they are targeting with relative ease.

The argument between Tear and Iris felt a bit over-worked, since it'd be obvious that apart from Mitsuki, no other girl in their class would ever accept having Yuu shacking up with any girls.

That said, I too am curious as to the exact relationship between Yuu and Mitsuki, since his memories make it a bit jumbled up. I would assume something along the lines of close Cousins or actual siblings who were placed into different families to be raised. I mean, at least Yuu recognizes her as his sister right?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 24, 2015 5:24 AM
May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Still, I'm surprised that apart from the big mecha-gun he pulled out of the ground that Yuu still has a secondary exceptional ability in Anti-Gravity. I wonder how easy it will be to wield though, since if he just shot each Dragon with Anti-G, he could pretty much repel them all from the girls they are targeting with relative ease.

The argument between Tear and Iris felt a bit over-worked, since it'd be obvious that apart from Mitsuki, no other girl in their class would ever accept having Yuu shacking up with any girls.

That said, I too am curious as to the exact relationship between Yuu and Mitsuki, since his memories make it a bit jumbled up. I would assume something along the lines of close Cousins or actual siblings who were placed into different families to be raised. I mean, at least Yuu recognizes her as his sister right?

As with the other power, it doesn't seem to be his, but something Yggdrasil manages.
"Noin. Confirming request."
"All powers transferred at the time of Fear and Leviathan's defeat."
"Activation request: Code Fear."
"Activation request: Anti-Gravity."

Well, onii-san (and its variations) isn't used only towards a brother, but also towards someone
of older age or higher social standing.
The variations seems to be (from formal/polite to informal):
Onii-sama, nii-sama, onii-san, nii-san, onii-chan, nii-chan.

Recognizing someone as your sister doesn't make it so.

Btw, Tohue/Yggdrasil wants to get rid of all other dragons, but it doesn't seem to be one.
It is shown as a tree, iow World Tree/Odin's horse.
konatachan80Feb 24, 2015 5:37 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 24, 2015 7:05 AM

Oct 2008
Does Mononobe pretend not to remember the promise/1st kiss he made with Mitsuki or It's really the aftereffects of using Babel power?

Feb 24, 2015 8:30 AM
May 2014
matias067 said:
Does Mononobe pretend not to remember the promise/1st kiss he made with Mitsuki or It's really the aftereffects of using Babel power?

Well, paying with memories would most likely have the same result as paying with money.
-- Lord fifth
Feb 24, 2015 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
So the question is will this indecisive guy pick a girl in the end the same question that can be asked for countless of anime in this genre.
Yet in 99% of the case we get open endings and honestly speaking for this anime i don't really care.

None of the girls really stand out and the main is also very questionable.
He probably won't have any memory left by the end of this anime, seeing the paying with memory skill he has.
Feb 24, 2015 7:01 PM

May 2013
Taizong said:
misterdave35 said:

Wasn't the only one who noticed then.

^This. Dat animation.

Yggdrasil offers Leviathan's power in order to defeat Hecatoncheir, but then Basilisk is making an appearance soon.
Meanwhile, Mitsuki was Mononobe's first, but he doesn't remember shit about that at all. Must have been quite the hangover.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 25, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2014
That CGI on the D-D-D-Dragon. It just feels so off-putting.
But that one girl who uses the book to cast spells or something, just vanished like somewhere in the 4min mark of the episode. That's the second screw up I've seen in this show and I heard there was a few more before.
But when Mitsuki started talking about her and her brother's past together and their kiss, the dude couldn't remember. That must feel bad since it made her so happy to remember it.

Incest
Feb 26, 2015 10:32 AM

May 2012
oh hey, was that some plot progression i saw? after 7 episodes? god job fafnir, and did anyone else notice that animation derp where whats her face disappeared when the D-ragon took a step? :p
Mar 1, 2015 2:14 PM

Sep 2008
I like Mitsuki, but really piss me off when she play "tragic heroine" -.-
May 19, 2015 2:57 PM

May 2012
Another meh episode :#
Feb 20, 2016 2:34 AM

May 2014
His sister is such a Miyuki - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 22, 2016 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
lol Little Aria kissing Yuu on the cheek. Go get your man Iris.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 9, 2018 11:56 PM

Sep 2014
Dat anti-gravity bullet though
Jan 4, 4:03 AM
Oct 2023
This episode was one fugly dragon away from being the third perfect episode of the series, right when it needed it. The battle in the first half was perfectly choreographed. It was great how everyone worked together to defeat the dragon and everyone showed off some new abilities as well. The drama in the second half perfectly counterbalanced the battle. It added to the plot and it was really interesting. Lisa, the blonde (I actually remembered a name!!!), is still alive. And the incest (the big drama point) is starting to come out (at least on one side). Really good episode. One big visual mistake short of perfection. Through seven episodes, my rating is 7.143/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 5, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

32 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 5, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

33 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

35 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

39 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.