Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 13, 2022 6:04 AM

Feb 2020
Well, a decent and emotional movies.

SerafosMar 26, 8:19 AM
Sep 7, 2023 8:33 AM

Nov 2012
good movie, not too familiar with the history of that island but it did make me want to learn more about it!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 20, 2023 11:34 PM

Jul 2013
Kanta's death broke me. This was a great movie, 9/10. Appalled by the rating. To the people who are complaining that this movie shows the Japanese as victims do understand that not every civilian in a country is responsible for the actions of their leaders (especially imperialists). The villagers are loyal to Japan! Of course they would be but that does not lessen their suffering. I hate war.
Jan 12, 12:19 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 3.5
[Overall] - 3.5

A heartbreaking film but also, an heartwarming too with moments of struggling with the new life they live after post war and meeting new people that change the life you lived a will always remember them long past. Tanya impact on the film is to good that she's not a main character was a bit surprising to me, even if her time was short her presence was felt throughout the film. Really was hoping to see her again in a way it was through her grandchild. The Music was really good and the animation was interesting, mostly the scene with Tanya and junpei
CcCharlesJan 12, 12:37 AM
Apr 27, 10:01 PM

Feb 2020
Interesting story, unique art, and I think the studio did a great job conveying a story that is often forgotten. Definitely a great watch, and this movie is clearly underrated.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» This movie is so SO UNDERRATED!

EDGE666 - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Jax »»
Apr 2, 5:55 AM

» The BD/DVD will come out on the 6th of August.

rederoin - Jun 9, 2014

0 by rederoin »»
Jun 9, 2014 4:44 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

2 by dekopinn »»
Feb 11, 2014 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.