Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2009 1:26 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ah this has to one of my favorite episodes.

lol akane can't even cook and she's taking up into that kind of task...
Jul 28, 2010 11:47 PM

Jan 2008
He didn't die!!!! DANG IT!! Him and Kodachi need to just get destroyed and never come back.

I normally like Ryoga but he annoyed me this episode, screwing up a great scene grrr, serves him right getting washed out to sea!

Looking forward to next episode! Shampoo. Wo Ai Ni
Mar 8, 2011 5:34 PM

Sep 2008
Darkmage530 said:
He didn't die!!!! DANG IT!! Him and Kodachi need to just get destroyed and never come back.

I normally like Ryoga but he annoyed me this episode, screwing up a great scene grrr, serves him right getting washed out to sea!

Completely agree. HATE Happosai and Kodachi. The show was actually enjoyable without them, now it feels more like a job watching the show since they're in it every episode doing/saying the same exact thing! Not to mention Ryoga interrupting that scene in the dojo, i like Ryoga to....but damn lol it always happens. I'm 58 episodes in and there has barely been any forward development between akane/ranma it's just the same jokes/pranks/fiances/pantie thievery every episode.

P.S. I thought this whole Happosai curse/death episode was episode 58, not 57.
CptObviou77Mar 8, 2011 5:56 PM
Feb 25, 2017 4:20 AM

Feb 2013
That medicine looked really gross.
May 23, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Ryouga the Cockblocker.

Well, but it was interesting and funny episode, on one hand we've seen Ranma and Akane being finally okay with marrying each other, even conscious and embarassed when they were talking about it, while on the other hand there was heck lot of fun with the smelling elixir.

Anyway, Miyo seems very fishy.. it's like she cursed them in the first place or something. I wonder if she returns again in one of future episodes. And we'll also get Shampoo's sister next time!

What an influx of new characters!
Jun 7, 2021 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
Damn Ryoga, I wish he would've been washed away forever, but unfortunately we won't be that lucky.
Jul 14, 2021 4:23 AM

May 2020
Rare case of Akane's cooking not killing somebody
Aug 1, 2021 2:16 AM

Jun 2021
I remembered Happosai falling ill and believing he was going to pass away, but not the fishy """""fortune teller""""" that obviosly failed the marriage prediction and risked being assaulted by Happosai herself
Apr 17, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2018
ROFL at Genma turning Ranma into a girl, taking off his shirt, and kicking him in front of Happosai. That scene was gold.

Man, I was Happosai really died but I peeked at future episode names and he won't go away anytime soon. The series was better without him. The (((fortune teller))) is sus as hell. Anyways, what's the deal with Ryoga lately? He just shows up and ends up doing nothing of significance. In this episode, he was especially weird. What was even the reason for P-brain to be this aggressive towards Ranma?

I like Shampoo but when is Ucchan returning?
Oh and the new ED is nice Ig.
Nov 25, 2022 10:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The death was near!!!! kekeke
May 5, 9:18 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yeah I knew Happosai wasn’t dying this episode, I could only see it happening if it was something that just effected him, but the curse or whatever it was also caused everyone else to become ill like him so of course he had to be saved, not that I want him to die but it is nice seeing him down lol. And it got to the point where Akane was the only one who could save everyone, and she somehow managed to do it thanks to Miyo, the one time she can actually cook something right lol, but since everyone here is sus of Miyo being a fortune teller I wonder if it’s because Akane fucked up the remedy that it worked, guess we’ll never know for sure.

And speaking of Miyo I like the addition of her quite a bit, she’s an interesting character and I like her design, and I don’t think it’s impossible that she’s a fortune teller but as I said before, it’s possible this was all something she caused, there’s just no way to know for sure, her reaction to Happosai at the end there could mean something but everyone reacts that way to that old guy lol. I do hope we see her again tho, and I was surprised to see we got a new ED without the OP changing with it, I like this one a lot, probably one of my favorites so far, it’s a shame no one else really gave it much note in this thread.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 65 Discussion

enkil - Aug 17, 2009

14 by TheColonel76 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 64 Discussion

enkil - Aug 16, 2009

8 by TheColonel76 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 62 Discussion

enkil - Aug 15, 2009

9 by TheColonel76 »»
May 17, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 61 Discussion

enkil - Aug 14, 2009

10 by TheColonel76 »»
May 17, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 60 Discussion

enkil - Aug 14, 2009

9 by TheColonel76 »»
May 17, 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.