Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ranma ½ Episode 161 Discussion

Mar 31, 2010 7:45 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really, is that how it ends!? You'd think that after 161 freakin episodes that they would at least be able to end it properly. "See ya!" REALLY!? Yeah you'll definitely be seeing me around complaining how you ended the series. Now I have to find where the manga left off just so I can let my self be satisfied.
Signature Here.

Jun 17, 2010 11:47 PM

The thing is there are a LOT more stores that could be covered. Season 7 ends with a story from volume 22 of the manga. The manga extends out to 34 volumes. The OVA's don't even scratch the number of remaining stories.

I feel the same way though. I just want more. Can't get enough Ranma. I'm almost finished reading the manga as well. What a sad day is looming on the near horizon.
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!

Jun 20, 2010 2:47 PM

I finished all the series now but now i don't have any anime as good as that :( expect Urusei Yatsura but they look more like a cartoon :(

Feb 8, 2011 3:05 PM

dam so sad that it ended like that but overall pretty good episode. Would like to know how it ends but I not much of a manga reader.
Sheepshaman.png

Jun 2, 2012 8:06 AM

Oh my god, I actually finished it? Shit, it's only been like 2 years! Man, I'm gonna miss this show...
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Apr 19, 2013 4:18 PM

I'm a little disappointed his mom never actually met him, though that rescue scene was awesome, it seemed like the perfect means of introduction, but no...

Also kinda disappointing that there were no real relationship developments, the only time Ranma would actually date one of the women was when he was under some kinda spell.

Overall the series was pretty good though, one that you can just kinda chillax while watching.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!

Feb 7, 2016 7:13 PM
Would've loved to see Ranma finally confess to akane and vice-versa with the usual cliche sunset or something along those lines but guess it wouldn't be the case seeing as the manga went on for much longer.

Either way, too bad there are no more episodes or a season 2 and never will be. I'll miss this anime!

May 18, 2016 2:43 AM
This ending...kind of reminds me of another anime of the author's. People who you cherish and want to spend time with, but because of circumstances can never meet...cough* cough* 50 years ago, pin to a tree. Yea I agree, I wish he could had meet his mom.

Oct 20, 2016 3:34 PM

Not the most satisfying end with his mother but I still really liked this little arc as the end of the series (still got the ovas and movie to watch though). Overall it was a good comedy but just wish for some more development.

Mar 12, 8:12 AM

At least his mother saw him for a moment.
This anime would have been great without the constant fights over Ranma.

Mar 16, 2:53 AM

Eh, it's the sort of non-committal ending I expected from something this long that still didn't properly adapt everything. It's about the ride, not the destination.