Edit Anime Information

Rating: PG - Children

Favorites: 1,613

Oct 3, 2008
Koru-chan (All reviews)
The first Cardcaptor Sakura movie was, to me, a great disappointment. The story never really gripped me. So when I heard of the second movie, I was rather nervous. I'm happy to say, though, that I was greatly impressed with this movie. The story was will done, the relationships were expanded on, and it had one of the cutest endings.

Story 10/10: The story was a lot more gripping to me than the first movie, mostly because this movie was a direct sequel to the series. I truly enjoy the relationship between Syaoran and Sakura and was rather disappointed in how read more
Feb 19, 2007
Ceray (All reviews)
Cardcaptor Sakura, or better known as Card Captors in the U.S., is probably one of the anime series that comes to mind when you think about what series you started with. The story of the animated series is about a young girl named Sakura Kinomoto/Avalon who captures these cards known as Clow (and later, Sakura) Cards which possess magical powers. in her adventures she is joined by and followed by her friend Tomoyo/Madison, Syaoran Li, and Li's cousin Meilin Rae/Li.

The movie takes place after the anime TV series, where Sakura is still reflecting on Li's confession from before he moved... Yeah. One day Sakura read more
Jun 3, 2010
mamen (All reviews)
i love this movie! :D
i really love the works of CLAMP, especially cardcaptor sakura.

in the anime, syaoran grew a warm feeling for sakura and when he confessed, sakura was at first, confused but in the end, she knew what she also feels for him. the ending was kinda "bitin" but still, i'm satisfied with it...

then, i saw this movie. i was really excited to watch it and witness the continuation of their lovestory.
i won't spoil anyone esp those who didn't watch it yet but i'm telling you it's really a happy ending for them.
the movie is really heart-warming and "nakakakilig".

i was "kinikilig" the whole time read more
Aug 28, 2010
Pitrocks14 (All reviews)
I have to say this was a really great movie and so beautifully animated from such a great series. I scanned through some of the first movie, and I'd have to say it was a HUGE disappointment for me according to the series. The first movie just didn't seem anywhere closer to its original series. It was much too fast-paced and I could not understand how the plot went. But this one, I picked it up from the library, looked at the screenshots and I was nervous this was going to be worst than the movie, but as I watched it, it appeared to be read more
Apr 15, 2019
Tinker_Jet (All reviews)
So, I'm going to throw my bias out there right now: this movie managed to hit many of my cheese buttons in a good way. I'm an absolute sucker for it.

The creators definitely do their best work when they're not pulling themselves a million different ways and making the story drag for basically no pay-off.

Here, you have one story and a side plot needing resolution. This kept the writers focused on moving toward said resolutions and the results are stunning.

Also, they wasted very little time getting to the foreshadowing, which was great.

Sakura also has something in this movie that she seems to have lacked until read more
Feb 16, 2014
b0sspenguin (All reviews)
The first movie was a huge disappointment for me.. but this movie made up for it. I love it and it's absolutely cute and wonderful!
The story is much better, CLICHE, but much much better. It picks up after the end of the anime and it is the perfect wrap up. This makes the entire anime complete. I enjoyed it and absolutely loved it! The movie even made me tear a bit once in a while. Best ending I could have asked for! All Cardcaptor Sakura lovers MUST watch this!