Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2020 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like everyone is on the move this episode but it's really cool to see Kuroko doing all she can to help fight the good fight.

I like how they gave roles to almost everyone relevant this arc including Saten. Misaka in her current state is no pushover for sure. Felt sorry for Misaki in this though against that doctor. Kuroko vs Mitori is the highlight of the episode for me this episode. Very happy to see Railgun back again!
May 1, 2020 7:03 AM

Apr 2010
It almost looked like a recap but thank god it wasn't.

Kuroko was having a hard time but she figured out a way to defeat her enemy.
Misaki was using a pretty interesting stratergy but she also managed to get her guy.
Tho was it just me or was she not wearing a bra? It kinda stood out.

Now they need to find out a way to save Mikoto.
May 1, 2020 7:10 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode! 2 battles down! Uiharu leading Kuroko to victory and Misaki with mind games on mind games!

5.3 and then uncontrollable state. The main battle just stopped at the climax.

Welp, "The Dragon strike" hoping soon ...
allenjkeMay 1, 2020 8:07 AM
May 1, 2020 7:12 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting to have first 12 eps. summary from that ponytail girl. I'm glad she did the explanation but I missed that she got the information from Misaki girl sending information via remote controller to her brain.

Camera used for enemy's eyes. Judgment's work of image.

Main girl evolving to level 6...

So Misaki girl sacrificed her air to make that scientist to press the bottom. With that it seems like Main girl's conscious woke up. The evolving is still working, though.

I cannot wait to see how main guy from Index stop her in next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 1, 2020 9:07 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I was expecting the arc to be over this episode but they actually continued it.
May 1, 2020 9:15 AM

Feb 2019
Finally it’s back! Fridays don’t hit the same without Railgun. Corona chan has taken its toll on this series, but hopefully we don’t have anymore delays

Recap first 5 mins. I’m guessing was added to refresh peoples memories because of the gaps in releases. Scared me for a bit there.

Uiharu really got some nice shine this episode helping out kuroko. Always nice to see her in the fold

Kuroko v Mitori had some amazing sakuga/art quality. That was a really cool fight

Confirmation Misaki doesn’t wear a [bra](https://imgur.com/a/xp8PYUO)

Great episode. Really fun as usual! Was expecting the arc to end this episode since we got that tweet with the new arc’s visual, but looks like we got another episode or so. Looking forward to next week(hopefully)
Marinate1016May 1, 2020 9:33 AM
May 1, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2019
Aversa said:
It almost looked like a recap but thank god it wasn't.

Kuroko was having a hard time but she figured out a way to defeat her enemy.
Misaki was using a pretty interesting stratergy but she also managed to get her guy.
Tho was it just me or was she not wearing a bra? It kinda stood out.

Now they need to find out a way to save Mikoto.

Misaki doesn’t wear bras.
May 1, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2019
Started like a recap episode but turned out as a masterful episode with absolutely great animations. Especially Kuroko vs. Kouzaku. Also loved Misakis mind games. 5/5 with ez.
May 1, 2020 9:52 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, Kuroko taking that knife to the hand and then punching Mitori with the same hand was amazing! Even tho all Lvl 5s have some mind blowingly amazing powers, Kuroko's teleportation is still my favorite.

Shokuhou gambled with her mind games against Gensei and won. Switching limiter and self-destruct codes with her Mental Out and then forgeting that just to lure Gensei into a false sense of safety was so simple and genius !

Next episode we are getting some Dragons!!!
well that's just my opinion.....
May 1, 2020 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. The small recap at the beginning was a nice addition.

Kuroko's fight against Mitori was awesome to watch. Kuroko is a total badass.

It was nice to see Misaki defeating that mad scientist.

That index style preview tho.

May 1, 2020 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
I thought that was pretty slick when she used her own remote control/ ability to erase her own memory.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 1, 2020 10:00 AM

Apr 2017
And this time around Daisuke Shibukawa was the MVP, that Kuroko kick was fantastic.
Well, Aoki needs some rest (but he still did KA for this episode) so Shibukawa got his back.
Great episode and Misaki really tricked that old man, what a girl!!
Can't wait for the next episode!
May 1, 2020 10:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I wonder if all that recap time was because they figured people would somehow forget after being on break for a bit, or if they just wanted to cut down production time due to the effects of the pandemic
May 1, 2020 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
Kuroko was absolutely brutal lol, that fight was great.

Shokuho pulled one over Gensei, she outsmarted him outsmarting her. I came to like her a lot in this season, hopefully she'll have more screentime from now on.

This arc is almost over it seems. Touma just needs to save Misaka.
May 1, 2020 10:02 AM
Dec 2019
Was expecting the best part and it didn't happen in this episode :( hope there won't be a fourth delay next week. Been w8ing for that awesome moment from the Manga then I don't mind w8ing for the new arc no matter how long the delay is just 1 more episode to finish this arc pray they won't postpone it for two weeks or even more.
May 1, 2020 10:06 AM

May 2018
It's back. Kuroko is so badass. Please no more postponed.
May 1, 2020 10:11 AM

Nov 2019
Touma saying "When magic and science cross paths, the story begins." at the next episode preview : What a king.

Kuroko's confrontation was really cool, Daisuke Shibukawa's work is great.
May 1, 2020 10:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, Touma infiltrating the next episode previews was hilarious. That's guts, no doubt xD.

Looks like the tides really have turned on two fronts and the final one is now up to noneother and none more reliable than the man, Touma, himself. Damn, Sugiita's state looks horrendous but I doubt this is enough to beat his guts down, lol. Go, go, Touma & Sugiita!

Shirai-san v Dolly's old friend was a peach to watch, I thought for sure she'd go for the teleport with the first knife too. I suppose being tired might've just saved her. Gee, that was some blow to the nose and then the dropkick!

Dolly's old friend. Yup, had the pleasure to binge the first 12 episodes earlier today and I caught that earlier too but it's nice to have confirmation. We still haven't seen the weird white thing from the ED though so I'm guessing this isn't just over yet.

Uiharu-san with the tech mastery. Damn, that must've been some insane hacking. Saten-san blowing her pad to Uiharu-san bit was hilarious given the timing and such though, but very well deserved nonetheless.

And finally, Shokohou's grand plan. I didn't think she'd come up with something of this sort but hats off to her!

What an arc this has been! Here's to hoping they'll keep this tempo up and finish it on a high. I wonder if MEMBER will be making a late cameo...

No news of Episode 14 slated next week just yet, on the other hand...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 1, 2020 10:36 AM
Apr 2019
A very good episode to watch and appreciated the recap in the beginning as a refresher of sorts due to delays between certain episodes.

Kuroko vs Mitori was a fun battle to watch with great animation and surprisingly impactful hits with Kuroko taking damage and wearing her down mid-fight. The mind games of Mitori was also fun to watch as she thinks on her feet, analyzing the situation to best put her in a better position compared to Kuroko. This leads to a fight full of mid-battle mind games that constantly pushes both of them to constantly adapt and use their powers in more and more creative ways. Also, really cool how Mitori would play out situations in her head before doing them which emphasizes that she isn't just reliant on her liquid metal power.

Misaki vs Gensei ended with a very interesting reveal with Misaki basically playing to lose and switching the activation code and self-destruct code, basically destroying exterior while also overloading Gensei's mind. An interesting end to the battle and really interesting how Misaki can alter her own memories (wonder if they explore that more)

Misaka edges closer and closer to instability as her powers grow and Touma and Gunha are looking more and more hopeless (although Touma hasn't used his trump card yet so really excited to see that).

Lastly, love the short cute moments of Uiharu and Saten :D

Can't wait for the climax of the Misaka vs Gunha and Touma battle as the other fights are over. One last fight to wrap up!

May 1, 2020 10:41 AM

Feb 2016
Thought that this was going to be a recap episode I'm glad that was not true.

So Mitori helped Gensei to kill off Alister for what happened to Dolly but both were defeated

The index styled preview was unexpected but that's fine because it's Touma's turn to be in the spotlight need episode
May 1, 2020 10:47 AM

Jan 2008
Seems Mitori was also bothered by the fact she thought she killed Kuroko, even though she's basically going to end up destroying the entire city if the plan goes through.

While very short, Kuroko's CQC was pretty awesome. The blood splatter from the palm into her face/nose was pretty gruesome.
May 1, 2020 10:56 AM

Apr 2018
Finally it's back. Watching kuroko fight is really cool
May 1, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2016
The ONLY thing I didn't like from this episode was the 5 min recap (it's better than most shounen episode recaps, tbf), but I'm pretty sure that was intentionally inserted to set up the cliffhanger for next week.
May 1, 2020 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
i guess this is how it feels to have the power of god and anime on ur side :P
May 1, 2020 11:20 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This anime is always a blast to watch.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 1, 2020 11:47 AM
May 1, 2020 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting the episode to start off with a 3 minute+ recap, but since we've had many delays with Railgun T because of a certain virus, I do welcome this this recap with open arms. Plus, it was from Kuroko's POV, which made the dialogue funnier. =3

Kuroko's tense battle against Mitori came to a closure at last. It was as much of a battle of mental whits as it was with physical attacks and esper powers, but Kuroko was able to outsmart Mitori during the climax of their fight in the sewer by NOT teleporting to avoid the incoming and instead take the hit to her hand (ouch) and landed some sick combo attacks that finished Mitori off. Solid job from Daisuke Shibukawa for some great animations cuts during the fight.

As for Shokuhou, her 500 IQ battle against Gensei also came to a conclusion, with her winning. Ultimately, her gamble to wipe her memory and trick Gensei into inputting the self-destruct code for Exterior worked. She's done really well. =)

They're saving the best fight for last, so we'll see how the rest of the fight of Misaka 5.3 vs Toma and Gunha goes in the next episode. I really hope it comes out next week, since this conclusion to this fight will be truly spectacular. ^_^
May 1, 2020 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
Marinate1016 said:

But why? Your answer sounds like there's a whole backstory about it.
May 1, 2020 12:50 PM

Nov 2019
Wow, they intentionally inserted a recap from Kuroko to use correct amount of source material for next episode!
Kuroko learning from her grave experience against Move Point and using that to corner Mi-chan was brilliant.
Misaki again proves why she is my favourite Railgun character - messing with her own memories to finally checkmate the most cunning man in the science side.
Misaka has regained consciousness but Level 5.3 has taken over and it is all down to a final battle with TouMan and Guts.
Bittersweet next episode preview, it reminded me of the Index previews. A delay again, this is real suffering :(

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH MISAKA AND HER VA 🎊
Laplace_kunMay 1, 2020 1:05 PM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 1, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2019
My girls kicked butt.. I hoped she'd say the iconic "Judgement desu no" line down there tho !!
May 1, 2020 1:00 PM

Nov 2019
asdqua said:
Marinate1016 said:

But why? Your answer sounds like there's a whole backstory about it.

You are almost correct (Hint: She didn't always require bra her whole life). There is also the fact that she is physically quite incapable, and the lack of athletic tasks makes wearing bras a redundancy.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 1, 2020 1:35 PM

Jan 2019
The first few minutes of the episode being a recap scared me, but after that, boi, this episode! Kuroko was such a badass in it and the fight with her and Mitori was hype. Great animations and shots. I love her even more now. So, I guess Mitori's goal was to eliminate Aleister for being responsible of Dolly's death?

As for Misaki, you always felt Gensei was 2 steps ahead of her, but she was 50 steps ahead already with her strategy that was quite a gamble. I'm glad she made it through though. I remember some dude in the early episodes discussions saying she was useless. Well, you can suck it.

Now with the two baddies out, it's time for the two boys to put an end to it all. Misaka regained her awareness, but some weird shit about to happen. Even Gunha is having a hard time dealing with her.

Also, thanks Touma for hijacking Railgun with your Index preview line.
May 1, 2020 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
O M G... That was awesome. Although I'm chomping at the bit to see what is happening with Misaki it blended whats happening outside with the other battles being fought. Diamond eyed girl was epic in this episode. But 100% best sequence of the whole anime season was that build and then fight in the sewer. Hell yes. That was epic beyond words.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 1, 2020 2:50 PM
Mar 2015
too enemies down Time to save the Zapper
May 1, 2020 3:01 PM

Apr 2015
That little recap was a bit worrying when it started, but luckily that wasn't the case for the entire episode! I am really glad we a got a new episode so soon again! Shame to see that EP 14 is already delayed again though, It's what it is!

Misaki outsmarting Gensei in the end, with a little sacrfice of her memories, which she didn't really need anymore with Exterior being self destructed!

Kuroko finally defeating Mitori was awesome, the sequence in the sewer was really dope to watch!! One more injury to add to her list though :(

Can't wait to see the climax!!
May 1, 2020 3:05 PM

Mar 2017
Good episode tho, Kuroko doing pretty well on Kouzaku, and i didn't thought on using mental out on himself, Good Job Misaki!

Also, i'm ready to see some fights with Touma in the next episode!
May 1, 2020 3:52 PM
Feb 2017
Still killing it. Mad respect to the folks at JC Staff.

The recap part was a bit spooky but i guess it made sense with where the episode ended so killing 5 minutes was understandable. Animation is rock solid and the the episode just flew by with so much happening. Maybe the best T episode so far for me.

Personally really am OK with waiting 2-3 weeks between episodes when they are delivering this quality. 2 knockout episodes a month is way more then we can ask.
May 1, 2020 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
great episode and HBD to Mikoto <3
i hope they just delay the Dreamranker arc to summer, looks like working now is so hard for them(cuz of the delays), anyway i'm thankful for the animators for working in this hard times <3
May 1, 2020 4:26 PM

Dec 2015
tried to make a full Misaka 5.3 screenshot but it ended up not so good lol

Tsukumo_YuumaMay 1, 2020 4:29 PM
May 1, 2020 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
Kuroko proved to be more badass than any other character Literally let the knife penetrate her hand.

Meanwhile Touma literally poking the ball of deathly death for like 3-4 episodes now when he could have done it right away... Couldn't literally reach out and cancel the entire thing? it's like his power is now nerfed just to make the arc last longer
May 1, 2020 5:04 PM

Apr 2015
Such a captivating episode!!!

The recap at the beginning doesn't seem to be planned imo, Corona-chan...

The ending of the episode felt like something got cut from the episode.

Railgun>Index. 5/5
May 1, 2020 5:47 PM

May 2019
Awesome!

That scene in which Kuroko gets hurt by guessing Mitori's plans and using them against her has left me speechless.

Misaki had a very clever plan of erasing his own memories and playing it all or nothing.

And that final scene with Touma clenching his fist with determination ... this is more epic than Avengers Endgame lol
May 1, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2019
Chikenfrieds said:
Kuroko proved to be more badass than any other character Literally let the knife penetrate her hand.

Meanwhile Touma literally poking the ball of deathly death for like 3-4 episodes now when he could have done it right away... Couldn't literally reach out and cancel the entire thing? it's like his power is now nerfed just to make the arc last longer
This is going to age horribly

And it's just regeneration, not a nerf. You can see his power is useless against an entity that can regenerate itself. I believe it's showed in Index Episode 1 or 2...
May 1, 2020 6:13 PM

Dec 2015
Chikenfrieds said:

but he tried to touch Misaka what r u talking about, it didn't work because she keeps getting power from the Misaka network (like many powers he couldn't negate in index like Innocentius and the rune cards).
now that she's not getting more power from the network (thanks to Misaki and kuroko) he has a chance to stop her.
May 1, 2020 6:37 PM

Oct 2008
Kuroko was so badass!!!
5/5.

May 1, 2020 6:53 PM

Aug 2019
Kuroko was amazing in this episode
May 1, 2020 8:41 PM
Nov 2014
I think everyone has already said what needed to be said, but to follow the trend.

Kuroko was amazing! I've really grown to love her in this third season, and she was always great even in the older seasons.
May 1, 2020 9:23 PM

Jul 2013
Kuroko learning from her fight with Awaki. Good shit.
Misaki with the big brain moves. <3
Gensei can get fucked!

Aight, Touma and Gunha are up next episode!
May 1, 2020 10:00 PM

Jan 2017
Damn, besidest the seemed unplanned 4-min recap, this ep is great.

Both Kuroko and Misaki sacrificed something to win their respective battles, moreso on Misaki's part 😢

Also lmao at Touma doing an Index-style preview of next ep (though next ep is delayed again)
FragmantLemonMay 1, 2020 10:06 PM
May 2, 2020 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
Chikenfrieds said:

Heh, it's not like Index showed at least 4 instances where his Imagine Breaker didnt cancel a power.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by frierentr »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by frierentr »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.