Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2017 11:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. I got the feel of the first season back with the humor, action, and character interactions.

I think it was very easy to get into this sequel again especially if you've enjoyed the previous season. Zapp is still very fun to watch because of his personality while the rest of the main cast has their own roless that I found entertaining.

It didn't take long for this sequel to join into the action either. Leonardo seems to have gotten into some trouble again. Great start for this season.
Oct 7, 2017 12:48 PM

Feb 2011
I don't know how I feel about this. The opening is pure hype and I liked this episode but I'm not sure how much it follows the story.. if there is a story at all in this anime.. can't really remember much from the first season since it lacked memorable scenes and the plot was all over the place and on top of that the last episode was delayed a lot. Guess I'll stick around.. maybe this time it'll make sense. Oh and so far the change in staff isn't that noticeable but I guess we'll see some differences as the show progresses.
Oct 7, 2017 12:51 PM

May 2015
Nothing but fun here. Rie Matsumoto may not be directing this season, but I have to say I'm impressed with the first episode. Shigehito and the rest of the staff have done a fantastic job retaining Matsumoto's chaotic influence from S1. I'll be looking forward to more.
Oct 7, 2017 1:06 PM

Aug 2016
I enjoyed this episode, and the soundtrack was really awesome for sure. I guess the flow between shots were kinda hard to comprehend at times [even for a show as chaotic as this lol] but other than that it was a really cool first look at the new season! Does anyone know who is the episode [not series] director?

Side note; Leonardo has gone full Shinpachi this time around.
Oct 7, 2017 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
still as stupid and random as ever..
Oct 7, 2017 1:12 PM
Apr 2015
Somali_Otaku said:
I enjoyed this episode, and the soundtrack was really awesome for sure. I guess the flow between shots were kinda hard to comprehend at times [even for a show as chaotic as this lol] but other than that it was a really cool first look at the new season! Does anyone know who is the episode [not series] director?

Only this time around? He's always like that, and that's why I love him AHAHAHHAHA
Oct 7, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
It's nice to see this crazy, over-the-top show make its return, and I love seeing all of these wacky, eccentric characters again, especially Zapp. This episode wasted no time jumping straight into the action, and Leonardo still can't catch a break as he deals with these unlucky situations. Him sharing the same VA as Shinpachi makes his reactions so much better, and I seriously can't imagine any other VA doing as good of a job. The show, judging from this single episode, seems like it has retained the first season's style, so that's nice to see given the staff changes. I thought things would be radically different, hopefully things stay this way for the rest of the season.

That hip hop OST at the beginning of the episode was on point. Also, the OP was pretty good. I could live without the Engrish lyrics but I still like the song. That's 2 fire OPs from Unison Square Garden in one season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2017
I was really looking forward to this and I really liked it, Still as chaotic and all over the place but I guess that's what makes this anime great. Anyways I hope I can get the story this time around
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 7, 2017 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
I already have the nuclear codes ready for anyone daring enough to say this season's OP is better than Hello, World.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 1:28 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Man it just feels sooo good to have BBB back. Missed all these characters so much.

Was pretty funny having Leonardo fall from the skies at the beginning, with those cute but deadly little monsters in those head jar thing. Also R.I.P Leo's X Station, now he'll have to wait to play the latest Hard Dive 4.

It was nice that everyone gets a little bit of screen time to kick ass while Leo makes his delivery. Very strong first episode and I cant wait for the next one.
Oct 7, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2016
KatieOphe said:
Somali_Otaku said:

Only this time around? He's always like that, and that's why I love him AHAHAHHAHA

Lmao true, but that "X! X! DOUBLE X!" Reminded me of when Shinpachi loses his shit during those idol concerts.
Oct 7, 2017 1:33 PM
Nov 2016
Yaaay, it's back. I quite enjoyed the first season and this season feels just like the previous one.

The familiarity is awesome. Hellsalem's Lot is still as chaotic as ever with Leonardo getting into trouble and the Gang(Libra) having to save him. Klaus, A, KK and Renfro are still as cool as ever.
Oct 7, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
They really went beyond with that intro. Fucking insane. Loved it.

Hope to see more of Chain this season.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good start, it feels like usual and it didn't take long and I was totally into it again. Hope this season will be overall on the same level as the first one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2017 1:54 PM

Dec 2015
I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the first season, but I did like the world of Kekkai Sensen, it's great to be back.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 7, 2017 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
Yup. I'm still in love with this series.

ONE FOR NON SENSE, ALL FOR NONSENSE!
Oct 7, 2017 2:12 PM

Feb 2014
Nice to see the new staff's love for previous season. They even put White as cameo in OP and that throwback at White & Black's arc at the end of episode really tears me up.

The action at the beginning was so dooopeee!!! As expected of the ace of BONES, Yutaka Nakamura!

Although it feels different without Rie's touch, the new series is taking into good direction. And I have a feeling that they will use Michella's role to tie up the overall story this time (just like how Rie use White & Black).

Again...I love Kekkai Sensen so much...the wackiness, visual, music, voice acting, all of them are good.
Oct 7, 2017 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Ah there couldn't be a better thing to wake up to before a 9 hour Sunday shift then the banging beats and crazy world of Kekkai Sensen

I'm a little disappointed there is no Bump of Chicken but hell the DAOKO x Yasuyuki Okamura ED is easily on the same danceable level as Sugar Song to Bitter Step for S1 ED. For a series like this it's all hella good fun
Oct 7, 2017 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Yep, this is just as crazy as the first season and Zapp never fails to make me laugh.

Oct 7, 2017 2:34 PM

Dec 2014
So happy this is back! And what a start that was, chaotic, messed up, bloody and full of awesomeness.
Before starting this show I was never a fan of monster/alien stuff, however the characters, story and battle scenses got me hooked on this great anime.
Something tells me that this season the focus will be on the little sister, looking forward to how things will unfold.
Oct 7, 2017 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit, the series sure started strong. With that epic battle against Femt's monsters, reintroducing all the characters again. How much I missed them. The sakga was spectacular, just as expected from Bones.
Too bad Leo's X-Station went to shit just when he was prepared to play it. The biggest tragedy this episode.

Opening wasn't as good as previous one (then again, the previous one was very good), and about the ending, well, I didn't managed to hear much. Hopefully, it will be good.

Also, did anyone noticed the Trigun's cameos?
IllyricusOct 7, 2017 3:30 PM
Oct 7, 2017 3:02 PM
Sep 2017
Didn't care at all, bunch of shit happening just because.
I guess they wanted to show all the characters to the new comers, but besides the good production, nothing interesting happened. It was just random whacky stuff nad super powers.
Oct 7, 2017 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
I'd take exposition through rap over talking in a cafe any day.
Oct 7, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
Ah glad to have this back, thad ending song reminds of space dandy op for some reason.
Oct 7, 2017 3:15 PM

Feb 2015
The episode had the same crazy feel as the first season. I liked it a lot.
Happy for all the characters to be back.
The OP isn't as good as the first one but I liked the ED song, now I wonder if the new ED will top the previous one in visuals.
Oct 7, 2017 3:18 PM
Apr 2015
Somali_Otaku said:
KatieOphe said:

Lmao true, but that "X! X! DOUBLE X!" Reminded me of when Shinpachi loses his shit during those idol concerts.

Oh yeah! AHAHHAHAHAH totally lost it there, his va is so good, I almost feel like watching gintama while watching this anime, so many shared va lol
Also the way it is totally crazy and overdoing things
Oct 7, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 2016
That was as crazy & as extravagant as the first season, despite the different main staff. I am absolutely impressed. Nothing more I can say.

AvidAnimeViewer said:
I'd take exposition through rap over talking in a cafe any day.

Yeah, the overly-long exposition from the first episode of first season does not make a comeback here. Which is a nice change.

Kariossus said:
. . . , bunch of shit happening just because.

That's exactly what BBB is all about, in a good way. It's the execution that made it work. Though I would agree that sometimes it lacks in term of meaningful story, but that's not what made BBB great. It's the polished craziness that made it great. It's like asking a comedy anime for an impactful character's death, which is weird.
Oct 7, 2017 3:47 PM

Aug 2015
Loved this episode and although the opening and ending of this season are not as good as the last ones but still they were both enjoyable.this first episode will get a 8.5/10 from me and i hope that this show become even more enjoyable later on also i wish to see leo getting a girlfriend in this season.
Oct 7, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
Episode was amazing, the visuals, soundtrack and the fights omfg. The animation in the beginning was godlike, Nakumura is a beats.

And WHITE! ;_;. Fills me with joy the new director didnt abandon her or pretend she didnt exist since shes ao. Hopefully her apperance in the OP leads to something, thank god.

10/10 episode easily AOTS along with Mahoutsukai no Yome, welcome back Kekkai Sensen.
Oct 7, 2017 4:04 PM

Jun 2015
Still as bananas as ever, I see. Man, I missed this show...
Oct 7, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2015
MagicalMahou said:
I already have the nuclear codes ready for anyone daring enough to say this season's OP is better than Hello, World.
Same lol lol lol(MAL character minimum pls)
Oct 7, 2017 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
I missed that! ^^ and my most favorite werewolf. ;P I was a bit afraid not becoming an awesome OP (or ED), but OP is awesome, ED song is also something interesting. That will be a cool autumn. =D

edit: i liked that scene: food, check! drinks, check! never made bed, check! x)
summerwarsOct 7, 2017 5:01 PM
Oct 7, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
X-Station, Double-X!
Poor Leo, they didn't even buy him a new console, I would quit that job if I were him.
Oct 7, 2017 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
For me its more like continuation of episode 10. The last two episode were really meh and forgettable so I will assume those two twin Black & White are actually good for dead.

Whatever, this first episode was totally amusing! Comedy felt even more than the first season and glad to see that we got see every good guy on the screen(in a most funny way). It was quite enjoyable ride indeed! There was no boring moments at all!
removed-userOct 7, 2017 5:08 PM
Oct 7, 2017 5:17 PM

Jun 2015
Glad to see this show is back. This was an action-packed first episode. It was awesome. The mission to bring back the president's head was funny to watch. Poor Leonardo couldn't catch a break. The first season was good, so let's see how this season is going to be.
Oct 7, 2017 5:22 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode. Excellent return for the anime!
I'm glad that White has appeared on the OP, hopefully later in the anime she will come back!
Oct 7, 2017 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
hmmmm.. getting some Samurai Champloo vibes.. but more modern...ish
Oct 7, 2017 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
That was one of the best first episodes I've ever watched.

wow!
Oct 7, 2017 5:43 PM

Apr 2017
Yare.. Yare...

This is just chaotic as the first season

Good to see Nakamura is doing the animation again...

DOUBLE-X DOUBLE-X

Heyy.... Could it be from the new manga.... Back to back??

Totally get the feeling of Samurai Champloo OST VIBES here

>D O P E
-HippySnob-Oct 7, 2017 5:55 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 7, 2017 5:45 PM

Dec 2015
chaos , random destruction , oh i miss this anime
Oct 7, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2007
"Not being allowed to do as one wishes is the mark of the politician."

Coming from a representative of the US government, this is the single most unrealistic part of the entire episode.
Oct 7, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode, kind of sad there was no ending video, unless where I watched cut off the end song stuff which idk why they would.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2017 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
TheTsunami said:
"Not being allowed to do as one wishes is the mark of the politician."

Coming from a representative of the US government, this is the single most unrealistic part of the entire episode.

IDK what you mean, politicians(for better or worse) can't do what they want all the time, it was one of the more profound statements.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Epic episode. Was hilarious like season 1 and action packed too. The soundtrack was awesome too. At first I was sad bump of a chicken(still sad as Hello World was awesome) wasn't doing the op again, but the op was acc good. I also liked the ED song(if that was it)

10/10
removed-userOct 8, 2017 4:37 AM
Oct 7, 2017 6:07 PM

Mar 2012
Sugar Song to Bitter Step is really hard to top and I feel that this season ED can not do it.

Anyway this is divine retribution(if there is any divine being here at all) for Leo that he chose to buy X-Station than give the money for Michaella.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 7, 2017 6:49 PM
Mar 2016
something flank im my heart
oh right, no Bump of Chicken anymore............

New Season and More Chain
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
they truly learn about Chain's Lack Appearance on S1
Oct 7, 2017 7:02 PM

May 2012
Yayy, it's back.

As crazy as the first season, if not crazier. Leo's also a lot more loud than I remember?
Wonder what the overarching plot for this season's gonna be. From the looks of the OP along with his sister this episode, I'll just assume that it'll somehow involve her?

Anywho, excited to see more from the anime once again. Even though she's gone, it was also nice to see a cameo of White.

Oct 7, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
Man the level absurdity and casual choas is still the same as always music is on point and the characters are still fun to watch,sure as hell is more Kekkai Sensen.

good to see they didn't cut back with all the love that goes into the sakuga ,still looks like some of Yutaka Nakamura work mixed in there
Oct 7, 2017 7:43 PM

Dec 2014
That was wayyyyyyyyy better than I expected it to be. That was the most Kekkai Sensen Kekkai Sensen could be and that was with a different director. Amazing!
Oct 7, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
X! X! Double X!

I fking love this kid LOL.

So happy this series is back. <3
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.