Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice:

Overall a fun and cute series imo although story lacking a bit. All dem memories of Dela. I'll miss this show a bit and definitely Choi-chan. Well, she left a blue crane so that's some memories right there.

6/10. Lol @ the ending, oh typical Dela.

May 2010
Good speach Tamako. :'D

Glad she stayed.

I'm gonna miss this show. T^T

DERA!! He stayed ^_^
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"

Nov 2007
lol @ Ouji almost not recognizing the bird, because it got too fat. "Mecha Matsui Mottekita" ? Is that what Ouji said about his name? Everyone's curious about him.

It was all misunderstanding after all. The smell was from a flower from floral shop and the dark skinned girl wanted fiance to be Tamako. Ouji came to pick them up because he was lonely.

LOL @ the bird cannot go back (back as Tamako's gift from the guy).

I don't know how to rate the anime. I think 8 is too high, but 6 or 7 sounds too low. It was ok and at least was kind of enjoyable.

Edit:

I don't see it coming. Though the official site says "rebroadcast decided", not second season decided. Though this talks about there's probably movie instead of 2nd season.
tsubasaloverMar 27, 2013 6:40 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
契約更新????????

season2???????
Mar 27, 2013 9:03 AM

Jul 2010
lol at those body guards.

zimno said:

season2???????

Twitter account seems to imply so.

https://twitter.com/anime_chu_2/status/316942043287011329
Mar 27, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
Mar 27, 2013 9:12 AM

Jul 2010
Elite60 said:
lol at those body guards.

zimno said:

season2???????

Twitter account seems to imply so.

https://twitter.com/anime_chu_2/status/316942043287011329

yeah, it comes
http://www.anime-chu-2.com/
Mar 27, 2013 9:48 AM

Nov 2008
I'm not surprised Dera stayed and glad he did, just look how good he has it in Japan, plus a possible second season would feel empty without him.

Mar 27, 2013 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Since the series is directed by Naoko Yamada, the same director for K-On! and K-On!!, they'll at least add an extra episode in the DVD pack. Also, since both K-On! and K-On!! got OVAs, Tamako Market will most likely get an OVA too.

So I'm predicting at least two more episodes in this season.

As for the episode, I haven't watched it yet (no English subs out >_<), but I'm hoping for a second season, but before Tamako Market season 2, they should work out K-On! season 3 (most likely will be titled K-On!!!, but I mean, they have enough chapters with the main girls in college and little Azusa forming a band with Ui and Jun with two new freshman in the manga, so I girl can dream, right?)

As for Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! season 2, I never watched the series, and I'm not that interested (not saying it's bad, though). I'm just hoping Kyoto Animation can do another season of a series that came out way before Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (like Haruhi Season 3, maybe some more visual novels), so I'm hoping Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai season 2 isn't Kyoto's next work, but I'm not saying the series should never have a second season, it's just too early, since most Kyoto sequels wait two or more years, well, minus K-On!.
Mar 27, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:
Since the series is directed by Naoko Yamada, the same director for K-On! and K-On!!, they'll at least add an extra episode in the DVD pack. Also, since both K-On! and K-On!! got OVAs, Tamako Market will most likely get an OVA too.

So I'm predicting at least two more episodes in this season.

As for the episode, I haven't watched it yet (no English subs out >_<), but I'm hoping for a second season, but before Tamako Market season 2, they should work out K-On! season 3 (most likely will be titled K-On!!!, but I mean, they have enough chapters with the main girls in college and little Azusa forming a band with Ui and Jun with two new freshman in the manga, so I girl can dream, right?)

As for Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! season 2, I never watched the series, and I'm not that interested (not saying it's bad, though). I'm just hoping Kyoto Animation can do another season of a series that came out way before Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (like Haruhi Season 3, maybe some more visual novels), so I'm hoping Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai season 2 isn't Kyoto's next work, but I'm not saying the series should never have a second season, it's just too early, since most Kyoto sequels wait two or more years, well, minus K-On!.

I'm taking it you're a girl like me.

I don't know why you're not interested, but if it's because of the "action" it's actually a slice of life with some drama in the last few episodes.
Mar 27, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
I'm glad they finally got the whole bride thing straightened out. I'm a bit bummed Choi-chan didn't end up becoming the bride though :(

Overall, this was a relaxing series to watch. It's unfortunate it didn't sell too well. I'm hoping that wont deter KyoAni from making more originals. Hopefully next time they can do something far different than their previous works.

As for the Chuunibyou 2nd season:

Mar 27, 2013 3:24 PM

Feb 2011
AOAOAOAOAO The most exciting thing is that Chu2byou is getting a 2nd season .
Mar 27, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
I smiled throughout the whole episode until Dera almost left. I am happy that things were resolved in such a sweet and easy manner.

Kanna is still the best character. When she gave Choi the hammer and was bummed that she accepted it was too funny. I would love a spin off with her character.

I still love..love..love the ending song.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 27, 2013 3:37 PM
Nov 2012
Ultimately this anime was a waste of time; nothing happened.
Mar 27, 2013 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
Mumble200 said:

I agree. It didn't really do anything for me even as a slice of life.
Mar 27, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
Kanna's evil smile! o_0

hnnng! x_x
Mar 27, 2013 3:42 PM

Sep 2007
I'm going to miss the sugary sweetness but I'm not sure if I can even recall a single episode. A little bit losing in substance. The best thing was the fact that that we'll be seeing Rikka again!

Mar 27, 2013 3:42 PM

Mar 2011
Yvese said:
Overall, this was a relaxing series to watch. It's unfortunate it didn't sell too well.

I think that's actually good thing.
Mar 27, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
MOOOOOOOOOOOE
That was a really fun MOE ride, will miss the series.

8/10
Mar 27, 2013 3:52 PM

Jan 2010
I'M GONNA CRY
I hope KyoAni comes out with something similar to Tamako Market just with a more satisfaction for viewers sigh
i didn't really like the ending but it wasnt too bad
i sorta sad mochizou never confessed, i really wanted to confess right at the end oh well
Mar 27, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Mumble200 said:

Ok, so this anime didn't have any catastrophic happening and gave off a lazy Suday feeling. But it was the subtle moments and the general overall good feelings, that made this show for me.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 27, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
I'm going to give my blunt, honest thoughts here. Annd before I do, just wanna point this out:

I don't hate KyoAni, I kept watching this because I enjoyed it, please no "lol dnt like it dnt wach it", and it's my opinion. I can see why people won't agree with it but it's still mine.

Honestly, I'd say more, but I'm sure I've already upset a lot of people with these thoughts, and I apologize for that. If you enjoyed this, then I'm glad. If you disagree with me, I'm glad. It's better to like something and feel fulfilled watching it then just an "eh, I watched it. It's done. What's next?" I realize I may be wrong in some of these points, but this is just how I feel.

I've been waiting to get this off my chest for a few weeks now. And now, I await the start of the next anime season. Woo.
Mar 27, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
My rating: 4/10

It started getting boring around episode 8. The ending didn't seem very proper, either.
Mar 27, 2013 4:15 PM
Oct 2010
this was pretty great. can see what happened to her mom :( that was a sad moment.

more chuu2koi FTW. few people on twitter were meniotning that. i personally loved tamako market
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Apr 2008
Something I noticed: Right before the car drove off, Choi touched the ring around her neck right at the spot where Tamako has her mole. A subtle hint?

Mar 27, 2013 4:28 PM

May 2011
And so it ends... I feel sorry for that friend zone guy, Mochizou, was it? Such a shame. I cringed when he was thinking that if she was happy, he would be happy. He's never getting out of that zone at this point.

What saddens me the most about Tamako Market ending is no more Anko. *sob*
Mar 27, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2011
Ehh ultimately it was kind of boring. =.= There were a few episodes that made me smile and a couple that made me laugh, but a lot made me facepalm. Literally the only characters I really liked were Mocchi, Kanna and Dera.

I was really looking forward to this episode because I thought that the Prince would do something to kind of kick start Mocchi into confessing to Tamako, but that didn't happen and it was a really open ending, sigh. A real downer.

Nothing really changed, no character development or anything. I hope next time KyoAni comes up with a better team to make their anime.

I didn't love it, and I didn't hate it, it was okay. Average.

5/10

I've heard that Tamako Market is not doing so well in it's sales, am I right?
Mar 27, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
7/10 in the end, decent but nothing special.
Mar 27, 2013 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
GarLogan78 said:
Mumble200 said:

Same here for the most part.

Mar 27, 2013 4:37 PM

Nov 2012
Well, some words were said, then the prince left and its over. Kinda wanted her to head off with the prince just to see Mochizou bawling his head off. Oh well.

Ok show I guess, if your into moeblobs without much of a story. Nothing at all wrong with that, just not my cup of tea. 5/10 for season if for nothing more than the art.
Mar 27, 2013 4:44 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I was actually a bit surprised Chio and the prince didn't connect.

Kanna is awesome - a hammer as a going away gift.

Tamako is all about the market district - that is her home, where her friends are, and that's where she wants to be. Works for me :)
Mar 27, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:

The DVD's ranked in at ~620 sales, and the cut-off mark for the BD sales was around 4,000 and Tamako wasn't listed this week in the BD rankings. So basically, it sold under 4,000, which yeah, isn't that good at all.
Mar 27, 2013 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
KyoAni cannot into original anime.

5/10
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 27, 2013 4:50 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:
(lots of stuff) Honestly, I'd say more, but I'm sure I've already upset a lot of people with these thoughts, and I apologize for that.
Everyone should have an opinion and the purpose of this place is to share them. As long as that's all it is -- sharing opinions -- I don't care what anybody says.
Mar 27, 2013 4:53 PM

May 2012
10/10 for me!

But, I'll admit, I'm not hard to please xD

I never expected the relationships to get resolved, and anyone who did wasn't following the information before this came out. They specifically stated that nothing would happen with the romances. They let us know that so we wouldn't get up our hopes at any point.

I still root for Midori, and she hasn't lost either~

The show was never meant to be some huge drama or anything from the start. I don't understand how people didn't get that from the get-go. this was a laid-back slice of life story about how Dera's intrusion changed the lives of those in the market.

And people's lives did change. Nothing huge, but lots of little subtle things here and there. Like how Mochizou finally got up the courage to give Tamako a birthday present. And how Midori started to treat Mochizou like a rival/friend, rather than just a rival.

Just little things like that. That's all this show was about, and all I expected from the show. And it gave me a little more than I expected as well. All in all, I very much am happy that I watched this show from start to end~

I think I've already started babbling xD

So I'll stop with a Go Midori! and Go Choi! Don't give up, and you might just end up getting to be with the person you love!

A second season would be nice, but I guess the Japanese didn't take too well to this sadly...
Mar 27, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
Should've replaced this with a 3rd season of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.

Actually Tamako Market was alright, just sort of bland. Didn't ever do anything unexpected or surprising.
7/10
Mar 27, 2013 5:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
vampko said:

No, you're rambling ;)

vampko said:
So I'll stop with a Go Midori! and Go Choi! Don't give up, and you might just end up getting to be with the person you love!
I laughed at the look Midori and Mochizou exchanged when they heard Tamako tell the prince 'thanks but no thanks'.
Mar 27, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2009
Not a great ending but nice none the less. Very enjoyable 8/10
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Mar 27, 2013 5:12 PM

Oct 2012
Dayum...

... I know Japan doesn't have all that many, but still, could they use a less blatant stereotype?
Mar 27, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2012
it was alright, but lacked a good storyline

7/10
Mar 27, 2013 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
Nice, but mostly forgettable.
Kanna made this show.
7/10
Mar 27, 2013 5:41 PM

Oct 2012
Slice-of-life personification. Even it is not so memorable overall. But this show is worth of watching at least once if only for Mawaru record.

7/10
Mar 27, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
ihateeveryone said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

The DVD's ranked in at ~620 sales, and the cut-off mark for the BD sales was around 4,000 and Tamako wasn't listed this week in the BD rankings. So basically, it sold under 4,000, which yeah, isn't that good at all.

Wow, for KyoAni that's not good at all. I guess they can take this as a reference in the future of what not to do.
Mar 27, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2010
I thought I was going to start tearing up when it almost mentioned her mom. ;-;

No more brown girl. :(

Mar 27, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2012
I'm miss Dera man. :(
Mar 27, 2013 6:03 PM

May 2012
Cratex said:
vampko said:

No, you're rambling ;)

vampko said:
I laughed at the look Midori and Mochizou exchanged when they heard Tamako tell the prince 'thanks but no thanks'.

I laughed too xD
I love all the little things it did throughout~
Mar 27, 2013 6:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:
I'm going to give my blunt, honest thoughts here. Annd before I do, just wanna point this out:

I don't hate KyoAni, I kept watching this because I enjoyed it, please no "lol dnt like it dnt wach it", and it's my opinion. I can see why people won't agree with it but it's still mine.

Honestly, I'd say more, but I'm sure I've already upset a lot of people with these thoughts, and I apologize for that. If you enjoyed this, then I'm glad. If you disagree with me, I'm glad. It's better to like something and feel fulfilled watching it then just an "eh, I watched it. It's done. What's next?" I realize I may be wrong in some of these points, but this is just how I feel.

I've been waiting to get this off my chest for a few weeks now. And now, I await the start of the next anime season. Woo.

I pretty much agreed with everything you pointed out ^^ I'm glad you wrote out your honest opinion on this, because I'm sure you're not the only one who has these thoughts. I didn't really care about Tamako that much, despite her being the main character. I liked Dera, Kanna, and Mochizou the most. It was a cute and funny anime, but nothing more, in my opinion :/ I love slice of life, but for some reason, it seems like there's something missing.
Mar 27, 2013 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
Well that was cute, kinda random and pointless but cute. :'D It was nice to look at and very relaxing. I especially like it's two theme songs <3

Mar 27, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
An original out of KyoAni and I don't think it was all that bad. It is by no means fantastic but it was very good when you size up the anime.

It's KyoAni, their animation is always top notch. They know moe. They are champions at everything moe. The story is very simple slice of life but cute and heartwarming. Dera was a boss and was the highlight of the show. I enjoyed it from week to week.

8/10
Mar 27, 2013 6:09 PM

Feb 2012
Fuck the haters! Tamako Market was excellent!

8/10
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

175 by bakakisima »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

132 by katakumplat »»
Dec 31, 2023 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.