Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2009 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
new op and end .. cool~

Jul 16, 2009 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:
Scar wanted to touch that PANDA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I know, what was THAT about? XD

There was a certain data table published in the databook of manga.

Certain characters are "weak" against certain animals.

Scar and Al are weak against cats
Scar is weak against cats and pandas
Ed is weak against dogs
Hawkeye is strong against cats and dogs.

Whoa, I never got to see that o.o Thanks for sharing!
(I'm weak against pandas, too x3 My favourite animals.)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 5:50 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

So I was the only one who thought he wanted to kill the panda.
Jul 16, 2009 6:00 AM

May 2008
zomg some new characters haha , i tink ill get used to Ling

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 16, 2009 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
ntHai said:
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

xDD Such dark thoughts. You see, no one here ever suspected ANYONE of wanting to kill a panda. It's a well-known fact that pandas are unkillable.
(Do NOT come here and tell me you're a panda hunter, I'll slaughter you.)

greenmush said:
zomg some new characters haha , i tink ill get used to Ling

Get used to? You'll love him. :D

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
ntHai said:
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

Don't worry. I'm assumed the same thing and now after rewatching it, it was kinda obvious that he has a thing for weird alien pandas.

Kinda like Ling.
Jul 16, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
I knew that Ling Xao was being voiced by Miyano Mamoru the second I heard him. Boring episode for me.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 16, 2009 8:54 AM

May 2007
Oooh. New characters look awesome. :D Esp Ling with Miyano Mamoru's voice.

Jul 16, 2009 8:58 AM

Mar 2009
This episode had some great moments.
Ling seems to be a great new character.

And Al performing alchemy without the transmutation circle was a great development.
Jul 16, 2009 9:05 AM

May 2008
Good GOD the opening and ending themes are wonderful. <33

All in all, it was an okay episode. I just can't wait till they animate the part with Ed seeing Hoheniem again <3

Jul 16, 2009 9:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Decent episode. Though I liked the previous OP and ED better. Let's see what this arc has in store for us.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 16, 2009 9:46 AM

Jan 2008
Liked the episode, and Ling reminds me of Xellos. You know you're supposed to hate him, but you love him nonetheless. I've looked up the name of his seiyuu, but nothing really pops up as recognizable to me. I mean, I've watched a few episodes of each one, but nothing really stayed with me.

A few scenes were taken out, but I've gotten used to that by now when it comes to anime and manga.

I loved Ed's reaction to Al being awesome now. XD But what I don't know is what Ed wrote in blood afterwards when he collapsed on the ground. Anyone catch that?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 16, 2009 10:09 AM

Dec 2008
kevin_video said:
Liked the episode, and Ling reminds me of Xellos. You know you're supposed to hate him, but you love him nonetheless. I've looked up the name of his seiyuu, but nothing really pops up as recognizable to me. I mean, I've watched a few episodes of each one, but nothing really stayed with me.

A few scenes were taken out, but I've gotten used to that by now when it comes to anime and manga.

I loved Ed's reaction to Al being awesome now. XD But what I don't know is what Ed wrote in blood afterwards when he collapsed on the ground. Anyone catch that?
:O...you...you don't know who miyano mamoru is :(? *heart breaks..*

According to Eclipse's subs it says "Brother's dignity" - quick advice, you should watch their subs they are pretty good :)
Jul 16, 2009 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
kevin_video said:

According to Eclipse's subs it says "Brother's dignity" - quick advice, you should watch their subs they are pretty good :)
Oh, what're you doing here? : O
: D
and yeah, just gonna agree to Eclipse being pretty good, one of the better imo actually : p

OH AND BTW kevin_video, how can you Not know Miyano Mamoru? : O
he's behind alot of great characters O.O like Light (Death Note), Setsuna (Gundam 00), Death the Kid (Soul Eater) and Kyrie (World Destruction) ;_;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 16, 2009 10:29 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
kevin_video said:

I'm everywhere. You better watch your back. *evil smiles*
Jul 16, 2009 10:30 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
kevin_video said:

I'm everywhere. You better watch your back. *evil smiles*
oh my : o *cowers in fear*
so.. have you read the FMA manga too then?xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 16, 2009 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
lol no XD..I never planned to..but I might. Just not now...three more days TT___TT!!
Jul 16, 2009 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
lol no XD..I never planned to..but I might. Just not now...three more days TT___TT!!
there you go again about those 3 days : 3
and I wonder if I should start reading manga again.. haven't done that in quite some time now xD
Jul 16, 2009 11:08 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
and I wonder if I should start reading manga again.. haven't done that in quite some time now xD
I just want to be done :(...

You should, lotsa interesting manga out there
Jul 16, 2009 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
I just want to be done :(...

You should, lotsa interesting manga out there
well yeah I know : P put a bunch of manga from a bunch of anime that I've seen in Plan to read, since I guess they Might tell some more that the different animes don't : p

hmm btw.. you think this is annoying for others reading this thread about FMA-Brotherhood ep 15? since it IS actually a little off topic : D
Jul 16, 2009 11:21 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
well yeah I know : P put a bunch of manga from a bunch of anime that I've seen in Plan to read, since I guess they Might tell some more that the different animes don't : p

hmm btw.. you think this is annoying for others reading this thread about FMA-Brotherhood ep 15? since it IS actually a little off topic : D
Probably XD. But I've been annoyed with the inconsiderate spoiling and Ling fanboy/girling...so BLEEEH :P to people who are annoyed :3
Jul 16, 2009 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

Probably XD. But I've been annoyed with the inconsiderate spoiling and Ling fanboy/girling...so BLEEEH :P to people who are annoyed :3
idd : D but you gotta agree Ling is pretty cool xD at least he's funny : 3
Jul 16, 2009 11:30 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

He's okay, I didn't like this whole ninja atmosphere. He did pique my interest as soon as he spoke since I immediately recognized miyano's voice (I didn't know he was gonna be the seiyuu). It wasn't until he ran off right after he spoke in broken japanese with "sa-yo-na-la!!" did I started laughing XD

So right now, he's okay :P. Rather than loving a "new character" I'm really loving Hawkeye - she's getting cooler and cooler each episode XD
Jul 16, 2009 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

He's okay, I didn't like this whole ninja atmosphere. He did pique my interest as soon as he spoke since I immediately recognized miyano's voice (I didn't know he was gonna be the seiyuu). It wasn't until he ran off right after he spoke in broken japanese with "sa-yo-na-la!!" did I started laughing XD

So right now, he's okay :P. Rather than loving a "new character" I'm really loving Hawkeye - she's getting cooler and cooler each episode XD
yeah Hawkeye's cool : o and yeah the whole so-called "ninja atmosphere" is a bit.. exaggerated? : p
oh btw, except for this actually getting on topic again, Hawkeye, it's not true that she gets cooler each episode ! but she gets cooler each of the episodes where she gets screentime : p
Jul 16, 2009 11:34 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

yeah Hawkeye's cool : o and yeah the whole so-called "ninja atmosphere" is a bit.. exaggerated? : p
oh btw, except for this actually getting on topic again, Hawkeye, it's not true that she gets cooler each episode ! but she gets cooler each of the episodes where she gets screentime : p
oh you know what I meaaaan~
Jul 16, 2009 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

oh you know what I meaaaan~
oh yeah I do~ : 3
Jul 16, 2009 11:42 AM

Apr 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

I'm not xP Though I just found out that I annoyed YOU Dx Sooorry~ (but I can't help it, it's LING.)
But, good news: I think I'm done with the fangirling :D Yaay!

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Jan 2009
Cenedess said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

I'm not xP Though I just found out that I annoyed YOU Dx Sooorry~ (but I can't help it, it's LING.)
good for you *thumbs up* : 3
Jul 16, 2009 11:47 AM

Dec 2008
Cenedess said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

It's not so much the fangirling/fanboying that's annoying me, it's more like the spoilers that people always mention. I knew of Ling before he even showed up. I didn't like how that turned out :(

I just hope people are considerate enough to hold back their fanboy/girling for certain characters or events after it actually shows up in an episode, not before. Or atleast use spoiler tags :(..please to all.
Jul 16, 2009 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Cenedess said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

It's not so much the fangirling/fanboying that's annoying me, it's more like the spoilers that people always mention. I knew of Ling before he even showed up. I didn't like how that turned out :(

I just hope people are considerate enough to hold back their fanboy/girling for certain characters or events after it actually shows up in an episode, not before. Or atleast use spoiler tags :(..please to all.
idd . hey look at this, we agree on something, cool huh?: D

oh well off I go to play some Clannad : 3
Jul 16, 2009 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode, not brilliant, as it was introductory retrospective to the new four characters. Funny bits which is always good, looking forward to the next ep, that looks enticing. As for the new opening and ending, they are alright but I liked the first ones better, albeit this could be an aquired taste of mine.
Jul 16, 2009 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
Sami092 said:
As for the new opening and ending, they are alright but I liked the first ones better, albeit this could be an aquired taste of mine.
at least the first opening was better, dunno about the ending, didn't listen all too well xD (big fan of Yui : p)
Jul 16, 2009 12:16 PM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Sami092 said:
As for the new opening and ending, they are alright but I liked the first ones better, albeit this could be an aquired taste of mine.
at least the first opening was better, dunno about the ending, didn't listen all too well xD (big fan of Yui : p)

Here here, she is an illustrious singer for opening themes that are regarded towards anime!
Jul 16, 2009 12:17 PM

May 2009
The new OP and ED are both great imo. Some new interesting characters in this episode. Ling is really funny, lol.
Jul 16, 2009 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
am i the only that sees Tsubaki in RanFan?

and

Jul 16, 2009 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
yep

xD maybe not, I've got no idea, although I recognize her as someone else.. can't remember who though : p
Jul 16, 2009 12:52 PM

May 2008
Wow, episode just flew by. I want more and I want a panda hanging on my back on top of that!

Ran Fan is <3
Jul 16, 2009 1:51 PM
Jul 2009
canephalanx said:
Wow, episode just flew by. I want more and I want a panda hanging on my back on top of that!

Ran Fan is <3

lol i feel the same way
Jul 16, 2009 2:27 PM

Feb 2009
The episode wasn't bad and it's nice to see something new.

Ran Fan = <3

:3
Jul 16, 2009 2:33 PM
Dec 2007
Average episode, I'm quite dissapointed by the new material for now, it's scenaristically average at most. The new characters don't seem too interesting either, nor do the new OP and ED that are far weaker than the first ones. Hope that the Central arc will be better (if I'm correct, Winry never gets to go to Central in the first series? In this case it's a nice improvement, especially if she's taking a bigger role in the manga/second anime, since she's one of the best characters of FMA).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 16, 2009 2:43 PM

May 2009
Not a great episode. Again a bit too comic than necessary but that's what the episode demanded unfortunately. Let's see, the only time I liked the episode was when Mustang was interrogating Barry. Don't like the new OP either but the new ED is very good.

Overall, a step down from the previous episode. Scar seems the least likely guy to have someone following him, yet Yoki calls him master and there's girl with him now. Just too abrupt. That Ling guy though seems to have more depth than he's showing.

However, the next episode should be great. So, waiting for that one.
Jul 16, 2009 4:08 PM

Jul 2007
Aspha said:
am i the only that sees Tsubaki in RanFan?

More like Ogiue from Genshiken with a bit of Ohno's facial features. :P

Sapta said:
Again a bit too comic than necessary[/quote

That stuff will remain. A lot more of funny stuff to come, along with a lot of serious stuff.

However no matter how serious the serious stuff is, the funny things won't fade away ;]
AhenshihaelJul 16, 2009 4:13 PM
Jul 16, 2009 5:47 PM

Jun 2007
Possk said:
DeathfireD said:
Am I the only one that found Ling annoying? When I first saw his character in the OP I was hopping for a laid back guy that was semi-serious. I'm a bit disappointed that he's your typical happy go lucky nut case. Other then that and the jumping around, the episode was good.

For the beginning half, he's mostly the crazy, fainting awesome guy. He has a more serious side to his personality though and it shows more and more as time goes by. Can't say much more about him without revealing spoilers, but he's not just the typical nut, lol.

Ehh not my cup of tea then.

@Cenedess - those types annoy me :(.
Jul 16, 2009 6:07 PM

Dec 2007
I thought it was a good episode. I miss YUI, but I'm really liking the new ED.
Jul 16, 2009 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
Helix said:
I thought it was a good episode. I miss YUI, but I'm really liking the new ED.
pretty much so yes, all of it
Jul 16, 2009 8:07 PM

Sep 2008
Now we on the material i don't know, this should get interesting now. The new characters are not what i expected but they seem pretty cool. I guess not too much happened this episode since it was introducing them. Will be interesting to see what happens now.

Also i love the new op, I am a huge fan of nico touches the walls and i think it's another great song by them. I'm guessing tons of people just want Yui back right? New ed is alright too.
Jul 16, 2009 9:05 PM

Apr 2009
Gah waited for Eclipse to release >.<

But all in all worth the wait. I still love how the series is turning out. Now we bring in May and Ling.

Plus Hawkeye with her hair down = <3 :)

Now its back to central... Judging from the preview they are going to make it pretty emotional.
Jul 16, 2009 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
Just noticed it watching some decent subs - Amestris is the Israel of FMA
Jul 16, 2009 11:33 PM

Apr 2009
DeathfireD said:

@Cenedess - those types annoy me :(.

Dx Then there's nothing I can do. I'm sorry, Ling!

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 11:47 PM

Apr 2009
Nice episode. Ed always breaks his automail, lol.

looking forward to next week.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.