Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2009 6:56 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was very interesting episode, in the monitor everyone could see Momoko, ok I feel sorry about her have negatives presence since she doesn't make any friends.
This was more about Momoko pasts, then relationships with Yumi developed and she learn more about fun to conversation with people etcs.
There wasn't so much Mahjong here but in the next episodes this will end and the same as Mahjong start for Saki match, we saw Koromo there sitting on the chair and play.

BTW Anyone have any news about volume 6 yet? It seem like there will get into volume 5 soon.

Volume 5 spoiler - Spoiler warning

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 5, 2009 7:07 PM

Jun 2008
I was disappointed we didn't get to see the end of the Nodoka match. I didn't think Momoko's past was such a big deal, and I wouldn't of minded it so much if they didn't replay the same scenes like 3-4x.

Next weeks episode should be so much better.
Jul 5, 2009 7:26 PM

Feb 2008
Well, probably a few people want to know about her pasts, what's happend with her and how she become friends with Yumi?
Beside this anime is 100% based of manga and nothing can be changed from it.
Repeating the scenes becuase they want to filled this episode a bit more probably they will the manga created of Saki to completed the volume 6 somehow since it's not even done yet or even publish it to ours publics.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 5, 2009 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
alamarco said:
replay the same scenes like 3-4x.

That was horrible today, Momo standing up in the dawn like 5x (including OP), and some other scenes 2x, 3x, 4x .... Gonzo just produced half the video material you need for one episode :/

On the other hand it's Momoko yeah, one of the very special characters in Saki :) - I found it quite amusing Yumi found her just looking at the IP adress lol.
Next episode should be awesome, "Mamono" and some of the preview pictures announce some predicted Koromo ownage.
Jul 6, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
What a ridiculously bad episode, and character to boot.

Jul 6, 2009 3:02 AM

Apr 2008
what a yawner

Jul 6, 2009 3:18 AM
Jan 2009
Wow this episode sucks...i don't want to see her past, wtf -_-
Jul 6, 2009 4:48 AM

Jun 2008
Oh my.. this was bad..
Jul 6, 2009 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
Reuse more shots plox Gonzo.
Jul 6, 2009 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
What's wrong to know her past? She is one of the special characters in the anime, Stealth Momoko.
Did someone read my texts. Volume 6 of the manga is not even done yet that's why they refilled this repeating scenes.
This was quite ok episodes.
Jeez stop agreed with others and gave your own opionen.

Are your guys agreed with it together or your gave yourself your own opionen?

Jul 6, 2009 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
i don't really care about the back ground story of the other players....i guess they gotta talk about something for 25 eps.
Jul 6, 2009 10:00 AM

Sep 2008
I like Momoko :<
Jul 6, 2009 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
Blackbird said:
Well, probably a few people want to know about her pasts, what's happend with her and how she become friends with Yumi?
Beside this anime is 100% based of manga and nothing can be changed from it.
Repeating the scenes becuase they want to filled this episode a bit more probably they will the manga created of Saki to completed the volume 6 somehow since it's not even done yet or even publish it to ours publics.

My problem wasn't really about her past. I don't really care for Momoko that much, but I can see where her past fits in. It's just the repeating of the scenes that get to me. I don't mind adding a little bit of filler content into the episode. It can be easily done in an anime like Saki. For instance, they could of easily showed Momoko playing a match of mahjong so we can see her talent. This would of been more appropriate than repeating scenes.

I know many people complain about filler, but personally I find it more appropriate than repeating the same stuff over and over. You also can shorten the number of episodes if filler isn't an option.
Jul 6, 2009 11:28 AM

Jul 2008
hmmm looks like they didnt finish the match this ep
looks like Saki is going to finally play next episode i think based on preview <_<
Jul 6, 2009 11:32 AM
May 2009
Hah. I thought this episode was really cute. Put a smile on my face at least.

Stealth Momo is cute, the IP stalking was hilarious, the "I want you!" was hilariously cute. Plus, added bonus of Yumi being embarrassed over the incident and explanation of Stealth Momo's powers.

They've already foreshadowed the next episode in terms of Momo's performance and Momo's bane in terms of mahjong playing.

Also, preview wise: Haha. Sucks to be the 13 Orphans person. Waiting for a 1 pin and someone else has a concealed kan of 1 pin. ROFL!
Jul 6, 2009 11:32 AM
Oct 2008
I found it hilarious, mostly because I knew how mad it would make people.
Jul 6, 2009 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
Grrr... This show just runs on exposition of unimportant people. But still Momo is cute so I'll be slightly less mad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2009 12:15 PM

Sep 2008
poor girl ,reminded me of Kagerou Usui of sayonara zetsubou sensei
but even so nodoka is going to win for sure
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 6, 2009 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
yeah was an ok ep. momo was ok and all but the match was a bit boring.
woah koromo playing , now i am really excited about it.

Jul 6, 2009 1:56 PM
Jul 2008
btw can we call how momoko's play "cheat" :P
Jul 6, 2009 3:08 PM
May 2008
Wow, surprising episode... more Mahjong, lol.

In all seriousness I think they took the disappearing metaphor a bit too far to even include it in the Mahjong match.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 6, 2009 3:37 PM

Aug 2007
Weak episode... hardly anything keeping this one from being really boring
Jul 6, 2009 7:59 PM
May 2009
NeloDeath said:

In all seriousness I think they took the disappearing metaphor a bit too far to even include it in the Mahjong match.

What metaphor?That's her power and specialty. It's no different than Saki's Rinshan Kaihou, Nodoka's Nodocchi, Mihoko's uber eye, Jun's ability to feel the flow, or even Hisa's hell waits. Almost every notable character has a power of some kind and they're going to use it and probably use it with lots of special effects.
Jul 6, 2009 10:40 PM
Oct 2007
As much as I like Momoko, that was a very annoying episode. It would have been much better if they hadn't used the same scenes over and over and over and over.
Jul 7, 2009 1:46 AM

Apr 2008
cheap sia xD very low existance

Jul 7, 2009 1:51 AM

May 2008
Momo rocks, this is indeed one of those interesting backstories , Stealth mode on !!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 7, 2009 2:59 AM

Jan 2009
I'm surprised at how many people didn't expect the repeating scenes from Gonzo.
It's Gonzo! They're known for being plain-out bad.

The episode wasn't as annoying to mas it seemed to be for most of you... the only thing I found annoying was Momo's disappearing abilities. I mean... yeah. I guess it's in the manga too if it's shown like it was in the episode, but maybe Gonzo just made it look worse. Cause you know; Gonzo makes everything worse.
IaMP with me.
Jul 7, 2009 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
I think Momo's power is kinda dopey and it's my least favorite of all of them.

I actually rather like the show's working to get sympathy toward the other characters. Sadly it seems in some cases many here don't appreciate it enough. I love it.

Would have preferred it if they didn't keep re-using that I WANT YOU scene, but it didn't strike me as being bad enough to warrant, say, punching my screen or anything. The only footage that really bothered me that they re-used was from when Saki was running to greet Nodoka from a couple episodes ago.

RE: SAKI FILLER EPISODES FOR ANIME/MANGA PACING:
What about Kyotaro? Doesn't he compete in the individual competition? Will we be seeing anything from him? Even though I'm watching this as much for the yuri as I am about the surreal mahjong gameplay, a little bit about his run through the tournament would make decent filler, and while I love the fact that everyone gets a fairly complex characterization -- there are very few flat characters, regardless of whether or not many are cliche -- it strikes me as odd that we know more about the players from Ryuumonbouchi than about him.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jul 7, 2009 11:32 AM

Sep 2007
Momoko... is really beautiful.
And i have loved this episode for one thing : The music...
Realy good.
Jul 7, 2009 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
HoaRy said:
alamarco said:
replay the same scenes like 3-4x.

That was horrible today, Momo standing up in the dawn like 5x (including OP), and some other scenes 2x, 3x, 4x .... Gonzo just produced half the video material you need for one episode :/

On the other hand it's Momoko yeah, one of the very special characters in Saki :) - I found it quite amusing Yumi found her just looking at the IP adress lol.
Next episode should be awesome, "Mamono" and some of the preview pictures announce some predicted Koromo ownage.

More like Nodoka fully awakening and owning everyone.

I'm betting that they will strech it and the episode will end when Saki, Koromo and co will be sit down on the chair, just when the game would start to create suspense.
Jul 7, 2009 8:51 PM

Sep 2008
Eh.. decent episode I guess, not as great as majority of the others. Saki seems to thrive on the yuri relationships >.< I don't mind the character developments, but I'd rather watch the games. That's what this anime's supposed to be about afterall.

Is (forgot the name of the main characters' school) the only one without at least one person with special (superhuman) powers? Kinda unfair.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jul 8, 2009 2:24 PM
Jun 2008
katreus said:
NeloDeath said:

What metaphor?That's her power and specialty. It's no different than Saki's Rinshan Kaihou, Nodoka's Nodocchi, Mihoko's uber eye, Jun's ability to feel the flow, or even Hisa's hell waits. Almost every notable character has a power of some kind and they're going to use it and probably use it with lots of special effects.

Those aren't real powers, though. It's like their specialities are visually personified.

For a minute though, I wondered if that girl was a ghost/ninja/ninja ghost.

I was entertained. Mostly because I never expected much from this series in the first place. Although the "Look what I can do--I can stand up!!!" scene really bit, especially since it didn't tie into any sort of development or anything. It was just repetition with no pay off and no deeper meaning.
Jul 9, 2009 12:28 AM
May 2009
tehnominator said:

Those aren't real powers, though. It's like their specialities are visually personified.

For a minute though, I wondered if that girl was a ghost/ninja/ninja ghost.

I was entertained. Mostly because I never expected much from this series in the first place. Although the "Look what I can do--I can stand up!!!" scene really bit, especially since it didn't tie into any sort of development or anything. It was just repetition with no pay off and no deeper meaning.

Ahahaha. Well, the odds of always getting a haitei if you get there or the odds of always getting a Rinshan Kaihou if one calls a kong... For that matter, Saki's power doesn't just seem to be Rinshan Kaihou but the ability to know the entirety of the dead wall. That's, um, impossible, to say the least. Momoko's power is more within the realms of possibility than Saki's is. Granted, Momoko's power is an exaggeration but it is quite possible to not notice possible ron opportunities and going into furiten or not noticing riichis.

For the stand up scene, it's mainly to show off her arms melting into smoke (i.e. her power) and of course, being all alone in a classroom. Too much repetition of the scene decreased its impact but it's an interesting scene in terms of showing how isolated she was from the rest of her class. It's the afternoon so usually people would be in clubs but instead, all she has for company is her laptop and even then, she's isolated from the mahjong club members.
Jul 9, 2009 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
I thought the anime would be at least serious during the matches, but i was wrong. Wtf with that almost invisible girl ? Even if she has no presence, i can't believe the other players haven't heard her declaring riichi twice...
Jul 10, 2009 3:48 AM

May 2008
i don't really care about the back ground story of the other players....i guess they gotta talk about something for 25 eps.
Jul 10, 2009 5:00 AM
Jul 2009
Fabrice said:

Oh but I do truly care about each character's background...
For me at least. Thanks.
Whatever events may happen in Saki, I'll still go for it whether it's bad or good.
Jul 10, 2009 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
It was nice to see some scenes from Tsuruga High School.
It's been all about the three other schools till now.

It was sad to see Momoko's history though. =/
Jul 12, 2009 6:44 PM

Sep 2008
it seemed like they covered the background twice during this ep..

was way to much.. should havef cut it down by either 1/2 or 2/3..
Jul 14, 2009 3:11 AM

Jan 2008
HoaRy said:
I found it quite amusing Yumi found her just looking at the IP adress lol.

Yeah, that made no sense. The only way that would work is if she was plugged in via. hard line and there were reserved address blocks for each classroom.
Jul 16, 2009 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
h4x0r ghost girl
Jul 20, 2009 10:51 PM

Dec 2007
I liked this episode because Momoko’s background is interesting enough. Overall, this episode wasn’t annoying at all; however, I do hope that Gonzo don’t make everything worse.
Aug 1, 2009 12:03 AM

Jul 2008
holy crap its anti-spiral, wait i mean an anti-existence, scary stealth mode, but nothing nodoka won't be able to handle!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 21, 2009 10:56 PM

Nov 2007
hmm an okay episode, so they explained about Momo's past =/ Want to get to Saki's match already D:
Apr 11, 2012 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
Im so happy im not the only one who found this episode a disgrace
May 23, 2013 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
Saki, stop making me cheer for everyone except the main characters.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 24, 2013 12:21 AM

Dec 2011
Marow said:

Aren't you cheering for them as well?

But yeah, Momo is the greatest character ever.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
Marow said:

Aren't you cheering for them as well?

But yeah, Momo is the greatest character ever.

Barely. They're rather flat and we barely know their stories.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 3, 2014 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
Holy moly, things are getting crazier. Momo's lack of presence is like an exaggerated version of Kuroko from KnB.
Apr 21, 2014 12:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet backstory about this Momo character actually, interesting development in general but well for a reason I'd like to get this over with and see Saki play!
Nov 26, 2014 4:09 AM

Mar 2014
Abandoning your logical play just to stand out .. well .. that's rational if you've the upper hand .
Misdirection takes place !! She ends the first half with an unexpected stealth play !!
The phantom of the table controls the tiles with her Invisible spectrum !! Non-existing one !!
The Enlightenment for a shadow of nobody ~ !! Happy for her !!
Power of anti-existence vs. the other 'unearthly' beings !!
Senpai notice you alright ~ !! Finding the right one !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.