Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2009 10:18 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well all the girls did die, I am glad Kuniko found out so fast, dragging that stuff out hurts a lot.

Momoko got captured, not killed as I predicted.

And more stuff on carbon markets.
My anime list
May 31, 2009 10:53 PM

Jun 2008
Wow this episode went from humorous tranny antics, to a heart wrenching scene at the jail. Kuniko's crying made my soul hurt, but I am glad she found out.

And while Momoko didn't die this episode, I still think that she might in the coming ones. Come on, the preview showed that earring hitting the floor, and earlier in the ep we got a flashback of the "Live on" speech. If that's not foreshadowing, I'm not sure what is.

As always, can't wait for next week.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Jun 1, 2009 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah, there's a lot of forshadowing about his death, that's gonna suck, at first I was "ew, transexual!" now, he's awesome.

That prison scene was sad.... glad it wasn't dragged out though. The final shot where they drew back and panned out was brutal....

Mind you, I did laugh when Momoko called Sayoko old and she (Sayoko) went weak at the knees, I'd almost put money on some operating-table-rape scene...
EsquireJun 1, 2009 8:03 AM
Jun 1, 2009 2:36 PM

Mar 2008
Is momoko really a "he"? I am more inclined calling him a she LOL

Operating-table-rape = awesome! Show her what real woman (she's a woman right?) is made of!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 3:08 PM
May 2008
It was an alright episode but like someone else said it changed directions really quickly. I'm glad however that Kuniko found out about the girls at the prison because dragging that out any longer would feel unnecessary. Also I have the same feeling that Momoko will die within the next few episodes if not the next... because again like someone else said the past few episodes have had a large amount of foreshadowing. Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 1, 2009 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
i wonder what the significance of the earrings is? and orbital satellite= weapon? why?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 1, 2009 8:26 PM

May 2008
omg Kuniko's jokes are really.........

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 1, 2009 8:54 PM

Apr 2008
sad end =( Kuniko emo and cry

Jun 1, 2009 10:45 PM

May 2008
After that ending what's next? which reminds me so they
throw a girl into that water and that happens...wow
i was wondering who that person was....

it was a sad episode...
Jun 2, 2009 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
Hopefully Momoko will be alright because we're not sure what Sayoko will at this stage. The ending was just sad, Kuniko must be in deep pain after seeing everyone died =.=
Jun 2, 2009 4:52 PM

May 2008
This episode definitely changed the anime as a whole. I want to know what's going on with the satellite and the eclipse. Hope Kuniko recovers.
Jun 3, 2009 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
Ryouko's the kind of character that either dies by falling from a height, or is coerced into helping the good guys.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jun 3, 2009 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
Well, the eclipse was just a reference to how the sun and the moon meet. So thats mean the sun family and moon family were being watched for many generations a long time ago and both of them never met until now. But we still don't know the role of both of them yet.

I would guess the successor that the Hiruko said is referred to Karin and Medusa which might have something to do with Kuniko's dream at the beginning of ep3.

So now we have the sun, the moon, the land, the successor and Altas, and we are not sure about what kind of role they are.

As for the episode, I must say wow, man that is like over 50 girls lay down there. So I was right too about Momoko is not killed and he kind of awesome in this episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 3, 2009 2:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sick shit's still happening so early in the series.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 3, 2009 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
Bad shit is going on... But what exactly?
Jun 3, 2009 8:51 PM

Aug 2008
Boring episode. This didn't really do anything, but maybe Kuniko will finally be motivated to join Metal Age and take action.
Jun 4, 2009 12:26 AM

Apr 2009
There's not much going on, they keep fooling around showing fragments... I'm curious about the satellite, it looks like generating a tornado, and it looks like some weapon linked to Medusa, a new awakened medusa.

Boring theories. I can't pull off anything better. :\
Jun 4, 2009 4:52 AM

Aug 2007
Getting interesting; looking forward to seeing Kuniko's resolve.

Jun 4, 2009 5:20 PM
May 2009
Desirio said:
There's not much going on, they keep fooling around showing fragments... I'm curious about the satellite, it looks like generating a tornado, and it looks like some weapon linked to Medusa, a new awakened medusa.

Boring theories. I can't pull off anything better. :

It seemed to me it was vaporizing water in the ocean to lower the water level. Of course, this will make a lot of clouds and rain as a result, hence the "a storm is coming."
Jun 5, 2009 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
lenish said:
It seemed to me it was vaporizing water in the ocean to lower the water level. Of course, this will make a lot of clouds and rain as a result, hence the "a storm is coming."

That's a good one. Rising water level is caused by overheating, overheating is (in the anime) mainly caused by pollution (carbon pollution, I suppose). Lowering the water level might temporarily lower all the values on the carbon market, a good chance for the one manouvering the weapon to play with the market itself. Maybe the storm was just metaphorical, maybe not, we'll see.

I thought it was a tornado-like thing because it was somewhat spinning while evaporating... Maybe it's both! :P
Jun 5, 2009 1:45 PM

Apr 2009
Hope Momoko makes it, but somehow I'm doubting it. Sayako needs to meet her end, as well as Ryouko. Very interested in where things will go from here, can't believe so much is happening so early in the show. I'm glad I stuck with it this far, it's going to be one crazy series. The ending was quite heart-wrenching.
Jun 5, 2009 10:07 PM

Nov 2006
That was brutal. I'm glad I'm not Kuniko.
Jun 6, 2009 9:01 AM

Dec 2008

that scene was cruel, I hate this ugly blonde bitch

btw could anyone clean up the prison yard ; (
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2009 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
This show keeps getting better and better. The prison scene at the end and the scene the poster above me took a screen from were brutal. That flat-chested doctor and Ryouko seriously piss me off tho. It's been a while since I disliked two characters this much.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jun 11, 2009 8:37 PM

Apr 2009
I took a time out from watching this series for a bit. But after watching the last two episodes, its pulled me back in.

Personally I think its shaping up to be a good series, aside from the intellectual post-apocalyptic environmental setting and the governmental rule of "eco-friendly, sustainable" themes that revolve around the carbon market. Personally I want to see how all of these elements tie together.
Jun 18, 2009 3:50 AM

May 2008
Wow this episode went from humorous tranny antics, to a heart wrenching scene at the jail. Kuniko's crying made my soul hurt, but I am glad she found out.
Jun 23, 2009 8:51 PM

Sep 2008
Fabienne said:
*img

Basically this sums it up. Plus the trans and sadist.
Jul 8, 2009 8:36 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Omegaoveride said:
I took a time out from watching this series for a bit. But after watching the last two episodes, its pulled me back in.

Personally I think its shaping up to be a good series, aside from the intellectual post-apocalyptic environmental setting and the governmental rule of "eco-friendly, sustainable" themes that revolve around the carbon market. Personally I want to see how all of these elements tie together.

Exactly, I don't get it when people say nothing happened.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 13, 2009 9:34 PM

Jun 2008
Nadeko said:
Fabienne said:
*img

Basically this sums it up. Plus the trans and sadist.

I think her hair are light green.

Anyway lot's of developments in this one. After episode 7 this series really got better. I had it on-hold after 6 and thinking of dropping it but now am glad i didn't.

So the little blond girl lost control of Medusa by that guy who made Orochi. Also Medusa seems to start developing her own intelligence.
The theory that is vaporising water with the satellite is a good one.
I wonder what will happen now that Ryouko knows about Medusa.

Two shocking scenes. The dead girls at the end of the episode and the little girl that was forced to have some dead guys spirit or something inside her. Really felt bad for that girl.
I don't think Momoko will die that easily.
This show is full of strange people. Sadist,masochist,trannies, whatever you want is there.

Still lot's of questions to be answered.

Oh yeah! i really laughed with the reaction of those guys digging when Kuniko appeared among them.
Apr 17, 2010 12:19 PM

Nov 2007
momoko was so awesome in this episode. too bad he got captured.
lol Sayoko gets turned on at "old hag". XD

banana
Oct 21, 2011 7:32 PM

Oct 2009
:'(
May 26, 2012 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
I hope that Warden gets the ass kicking that she deserves after watching the end of this ep...
Dec 9, 2013 6:30 AM

May 2012
Damn that transvestite got captured, one hell of a weird process in that room filled with eyes (poor girl) and Kuniko sees the truth about the girls who're shot down! But what I wonder the post is what this Apollo satellite will be doing!
Jul 4, 2014 9:56 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder what Miko will do if she learns it was Momoko who got captured.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 25, 2016 11:20 PM

Feb 2015
KaminaKai said:
Is momoko really a "he"? I am more inclined calling him a she LOL

yeah, momoko is still a he.
----
how could she not think they would be killed...stupid plot >.>
TomDayJun 10, 2016 5:21 PM
Aug 12, 2021 5:17 PM

Aug 2017
Just noticed Takeshi Mori in the credits.

I'm honestly confused whether I should praise or criticize the show for jamming so much stuff in.
Nov 8, 2022 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
Well it was good for kuniko to find out about the massacre early to let the prison arc behind, but it was sad though,
Momoko got captured and I hope for the tropical fish partners t meet.
The mysterious child who screams is connected with the sun and moon somehow.
Dec 31, 2023 6:35 AM

May 2020
This could've been a hard hitting ending if they hadn't already told us what happened to the girls in the previous episode.
I see. Your only option is to revolutionize the world.
Feb 23, 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
Just WTF is this show...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.