Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 2009 3:39 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The ending was great. I enjoy every scene on this episode especialy Kirika defend her self from striking long sword by pistol. Whoa she strong... XD.
Kucai82Oct 11, 2009 3:39 PM
Jun 23, 2009 11:56 PM

May 2009
The ending made little sense to me.

...until I actually bothered to put the plot together in my head. Then it made sense, why everyone did what.

I still don't know what will happen to them after they walk off, but given that I wasn't particularly attached to any of the characters, I don't feel too concerned.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 11, 2009 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
errr... I didn't understood quite well the end.
This means that Mireille and Kirika are charging against the entire Soldats, to not follow their orders?

And what the heck was in the hole where Altena felt?! Lava? Why?!

Anyway, this series is great.
Jan 18, 2010 2:12 PM

Mar 2007
Nephtys said:
Anyways, it's a great show but i'm kinda miss one basic thing. Why the hell Kirika lost her memories?
I think they didn't mention it in the show why she lost her memories. Maybe they brainwashed her i guess.
Not only that, but they don't tell us why she regained them by being "shot" by Chloe in episode 20. Maybe I'm missing something...?

Anyway, I enjoyed the show overall, even if the first half was a bit slow.

7/10
KimuraJan 20, 2010 9:26 AM
You've come a long way, baby.
Feb 2, 2010 9:30 PM

May 2009
I think that's the one plot hole that they didn't plug--Kirika's identity and memories.
Mar 12, 2010 3:32 PM

Dec 2009
I agree that it would of been nice to see more of Kirika's past, and the demise of Chloes was dissapointing to me as she was one of my favourite characters. However I thought this was a great final episode, perfect way to finish off this fantastic series.
Jul 9, 2010 2:59 AM

Jun 2010
best of the best as for me.
Oct 10, 2010 11:28 AM

Sep 2009
Great, great, great. :)
'Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku'
Nov 22, 2010 1:25 PM
Nov 2009
I think Altena brought them to kill her which should transform them into the sort of perfect noir being and realizing that they already are (there love for each other) she lets go.

In episode 20 she enter the (not so) final stage of the transformation by regaining her memory. As for her past it is explained that all three 'NOIR' where raised in a different way, say Chloe by knowing her fate, Mireille by experiecing everyday day life and Kiriki by search of a destiny.

And i believe that they chose to be Noir only not for the sake of being noir but to refind the good things in life which was sort of the whole point of Altena creating noir.

The only thing i didnt really get where the endless spawn of cloister mades with golden guns real james bond like killers (yea a place forgotten by time alright...) which died like chickens.

overall a nice story with some nice referrences (i liked the 'mad tea party' a lot) and good character development and setting (they made the place between france and spain so perfect). I give it a 7 because it just lacks excitement which really only comes when the music gets pretty and i cant focus because of it.
Nov 26, 2010 10:16 AM

Nov 2010
I love the music from this anime..
the story is awesome but as the previous posts said ,they missed the Kirika's mysterious past..
anyway, this anime will be my top 3 girl with gun anime..
Feb 3, 2011 10:11 PM

Jan 2010
The sound of those two gunshots is the most depressing sound I've ever heard...
Feb 19, 2011 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
I give it 5 ^^

I saw everything you need for the perfect ending. And Mireilles ''We will continue to search for the light '' was just perfect

Apr 10, 2011 3:55 PM
Dec 2010
Love that last part. I didn't think Altena was that evil. Yet another one of those two-faced villans...
Apr 19, 2011 4:59 PM

Oct 2008
This was the kind of anime that set its own expectations too high and fell flat in the end (not to mention it's slow as hell too many times) but it's pretty decent. I just feel sorry for it because it had the potential for so much more if it had been better paced and executed (not to mention I didn't care about the characters that much).

I think the one thing I cannot let go of is the music, which was perfect until the very end (too much of the music box theme in the series in my opinion) and even to this day I listen to.

6/10
Jun 8, 2011 5:56 AM

Feb 2011
Just thankful that Mireille broke their promise :)

7/10
Sep 25, 2011 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
There are still some things unclear..like,

Where Kirika is from and why did she lose her memories?
What happens to her and Mireille now with the Soldats?
And the two shots fired at the end..what did that mean?

This was an incredible series though and I'm so glad I watched it.

9/10!
Feb 21, 2012 7:29 PM

Feb 2011
The story and the soundtrack were both pretty enjoyable. Two things that tend to get a bit irritating; the flashbacks and the melody of the music box. My god...it feels like they last forever. It was probably a bad idea to marathon this though. It’s a shame that Chloe got jealous then died, they could have an awesome
The ending was well executed and felt satisfying.
Jul 18, 2012 7:05 AM

Jan 2012
The Video quality wasn't very great, but I suppose you can't really expect much from a 2001 anime.
The BGM was a bit overused.

...but...

The story made up for everything.
What an awesome anime! I'm definitely glad I watched it.

8/10

Definitely worth watching again in a few years time.

...And Mireille's line at the end: "It's not even worth soiling a bullet to kill you" ...how Epic. That's my new favourite quote.
Aug 14, 2012 10:19 PM

Aug 2009
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I think that's the one plot hole that they didn't plug--Kirika's identity and memories.

They actually covered that in the anime.
-Fixing-
Sep 13, 2012 10:08 PM
Feb 2008
Completely illogical. They kill hundreds of people and then suddenly they don't want to kill Altena? It wasn't even like she was blackmailing them or holding one of them hostage. She even told Kirika that she'd kill Murielle if she didn't kill her yet they both hesitate. Makes no sense. The music was great though I HATED the title song. Bee Train's production values are always pretty shoddy but this was a grounded series and they still fucked it up. Nothing but panning shots and freeze frames to "set the mood" and the direction of the fights got so outlandish at the end. It's one thing to shoot 13 thugs it's another to jump 10 feet into the air with a sword or run 3 city blocks in 5 seconds to avoid gunfire. the lesbian kissing was random as hell too

The premise was great (assassins in Paris, secret conspiracies!), heck I loved the little plant reference to the Professional (or Leon the Professional), it was a nice touch. But a live action series would do the show more justice. Hopefully Raimi doesn't screw it up when he eventually gets to it once Sparatcus wraps up (in its final season). Either that or some other studio with more skill can try rebooting it or something because this felt like it could've been SO much more than what it was.

And that ending...? I'm not even sure. I guess it's supposed to ambiguous. But whatever neither characters were particularly interesting nor were the bad guys motivations so I couldn't care less if they all got shot by Golgo 13 or something.
Oct 12, 2012 12:34 AM
Jan 2012
well i like it a 7 form me it could have been better like Chloe lives or something like that but it was a good show reminded me of Requiem for the Phantom both were epic still the show lacked some emotion in it but the best part was when Chloe died that was sad all i can say is time well spent
p.s the shoot out songs were good but got a bit lame after the 40th time but still set the mood very well so well done
May 14, 2013 3:43 PM
Aug 2012
wat a brilliant ending the best possible outcome im glad she didnt keep her promise he only floor in this and its small is tht all the characters looked the same
Jun 8, 2013 7:58 PM

May 2010
The two gunshots probably meant they were killed off. No mafia organization would let them go like that, they simply know too much.

Rewatching this again made me realize how much I actually loved this show.
ConfuciusDec 9, 2018 4:18 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 9, 2013 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:

The two gunshots probably meant they were killed off. No mafia organization would let them go like that, they simply know too much.

I thought that at first too - but after a second watch I realized the 2 gun shot sound different and may be a symbolism - along with the broken pocket watch - that they remained being assassins but not Noir. I find this interpretation more romantic too, in a way.

8/10 for me too - not complaining about the lack on info on Kirika, but man that first part was surely slow as hell...

Aug 29, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
Kirika is one tough cookie for even getting up after getting shot. Anyway, this was a good series.
Mar 12, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
I really liked this. Music became instantly my favorite. My only real gripe was, that I would have liked this much more, if this stayed away from the superhuman feats some of the characters like Chloe did. The instant it moved away from realism, was the moment when I lost some of my interest.

But still, every assassination was simply so enjoyable to see come to fruition that time flied while watching this. Some people say this was a slow and poorly paced show, it was the opposite for me. I really liked the slow moments.

7/10

Damn it felt good when Chloe and that bitch mother died, btw. I couldn't stand them.
cupcJun 4, 2014 1:28 PM
Apr 6, 2014 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
There's a lot I have to say about this show, but I can't really muster the effort to write it all down.

It would have been a lot better if this were a 11-13 episode anime. It was too long and really repetitive, and then left a lot of things vague and unexplained.

6/10
Jun 12, 2014 7:30 PM

Sep 2009
6/10 from me, which is above average.

The story was cool, although a tad slow in the beginning, and the lack of blood was an odd choice, considering the nature of the anime.

The music was mostly great, although I felt that some OSTs did not always fit the scene ("Le Grande Retour," sounding like an adventure theme, being played during moments of revelation), and that they occasionally cut off, rather than faded out. Though this is mostly nit-picking, as the OSTs themselves were amazing.

It was worth the watch.
XathrasJun 13, 2014 7:58 AM
“They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What’s blood for, if not for shedding? With my hook for a hand, I’ll split you from your groin to your gullet.” - Candyman
Jul 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
I liked the messages in some episodes, and how many things connected at the end, and kinda liked the portray of the final message even though the message itself is super generic and overused.
And the bad guys, it wasn't like they were being bad because they are bad guys therefore super evilzzzz, they had a cause and a kinda fair one, so that's good as a relief from the antagonist organization that just does evil because they're evil.
The character development also felt natural and realistic.
The build up was a bit slow in the first half of the anime though.

6/10
If it wasn't for the fights being so full of bullshit, I'd give it a 7.

thatguy said:
Completely illogical. They kill hundreds of people and then suddenly they don't want to kill Altena? It wasn't even like she was blackmailing them or holding one of them hostage.

Since no one quoted you, they obviously didn't want to kill Altena because they didn't want to fulfill the ritual, even though fulfilling the ritual or not would be ultimately irrelevant in the end. This "trope" is very common in media anyway.
Sep 23, 2014 8:11 PM
Oct 2013
I feel like the tension coming from the fact that we don't know what choice would Kirika ultimately make (become 'true Noir' or not) is building up till episode 25, were the story is completely resolved in the most dramatic sequence of the series (Chloe's death and all that), while the last episode was just a formality. The whole "ritual" thing was not explained at all, cause what was Altena even hoping to accomplish by getting herself killed over that lava pit? Ultimately Kirika and Mireille do what she wanted them to do anyways, and they still reject the 'Noir' title and choose to live as they please so..? Unnecessary episode in my opinion.

As a whole it was a great series, it made me genuinely curious how will the story end, even though the greatest reveal was so predictable (in first episode we get Mireille's flashbacks with that watch beside her parents dead bodies, and we see Kirika with the same watch, it's not hard to figure out what happened). At the same time, I think the series does a better job at making the viewer interested in the mystery than actually rewarding him with answers, though I didin't mind it really. And I needed time to get used to these wierd shots (super long freeze frames, WAY to many close-ups on eyes, etc.)

On the side note, shout-out to off putting, low budget facial animation in episode 14...
victoscopicSep 23, 2014 8:35 PM
Dec 13, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
Soundtracks are wonderful. I also loved the background animation. But let's face the reality: The two shots fired at the end means the 5 guys killed the weakened girls. I'm a little bit disappointed.

7/10
Oct 25, 2015 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
It was hard to put my finger on it before, but this reminds me of one of those older shows that would be played on G4TV at like two in the morning. Despite how ambiguous and vague Noir was, this final episode actually seemed rather straightforward. The only part that is unclear are the two gunshots at the end. My stomach sank a bit when I thought that it might have been them being off'd, but given how those men reacted before by stepping aside I can't see that being the case.

I have to admit when I picked this up, the first episode had me rolling my eyes thinking this one was going to disappoint. But once the Soldats plot started moving, this had my full attention. Each episode was jam packed with action and despite the slow pace, seldom lost focus. Nearly every single episode was a significant puzzle piece that carefully fit together this larger mystery.

It had a certain atmosphere about it that reminded me heavily of older titles such as Boogiepop, Lain, .hack, and Escaflowne. The characters were extremely awkward at times, but it did an effective job at showing rather than telling. It was as if a tapestry was being painted before my eyes as opposed to a story being told.

Noir's ambiguity often lent to a great range of thoughts to ponder and layers to explore. How the Soldats were attempting to guide humanity, how Altena felt that Soldats ironically became assimilated into the very thing they were trying to rid the world of, the dark side of human nature, and how Noir's revival would embody Soldats' next revolution behind the scenes. Heck the Soldats even reminded me of the Templars from AC in how they govern the world's order from the shadows.

8/10, initially picked this up for Kajiura Yuki (a splendid job with atmospheric music) and got so much more. I noticed there's two other shows as part of this "Girls with Guns" trilogy and I will certainly be making rounds to them in good time.
Dec 18, 2015 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
Good finale, but yeah they didn't explain a lot of things like how Kirika's memories were erased and regain.

And WTF, how many times did Kirika got shot point blank and she keeps on living!

Altena was great mastermind, but was hoping she would put more of a fight. I thought she was going to kill both Noir and take everything as her own.

She didn't even screamed at her death. She just fell out to the lava like it was her routine lol.

For me the biggest disappointment is the lack of blood. I mean seriously for a show about guns and seeing how everyone dies their own way, you would think they would show how they die in the first place. It's bad enough the flashbacks have blood on it, while the current gun fights have little to no blood.

I do love when Kirika went upside down and shoot the sister in the head point blank. Now that's badass!!

Oh well after starting last August and finally finishing it after 4 months. I'll definitely miss Noir :(

There's not really a lot of gun anime girls nowadays.

I give it an 8/10. Music and art direction is superb and very classic feel to it :)

I might watch Gunslinger Girls sometime, but we'll see.
Dec 21, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
The last two gunshots were the sounds of Kirika's and Mirelle's pistols.

Double suicide.

MariaCadenzavna said:
I might watch Gunslinger Girls sometime, but we'll see.
Read it instead. Of the adaptations, S1 is based off of the first dozen chapters and the rest is ad-libbed. It's not canon. S2 is adapted from parts of the second quarter of the manga, and although it's faithful, it's not a quality production. The manga, however, is a masterpiece.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Feb 21, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
and Krika didn't die, yes!

This was an awesome show I loved it. It had some badass gun fight scenes and it was good and balanced

(looks like I'm the only one who didn't hear the gun shots at the end)
Niveen_SleemFeb 21, 2016 10:22 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 21, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
I noticed there's two other shows as part of this "Girls with Guns" trilogy and I will certainly be making rounds to them in good time.

what are the other two
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 21, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Niveen_Sleem said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
I noticed there's two other shows as part of this "Girls with Guns" trilogy and I will certainly be making rounds to them in good time.

what are the other two
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2030/El_Cazador_de_la_Bruja
http://myanimelist.net/anime/252/Madlax

(Yay for notifications!)
Apr 13, 2016 10:35 PM

Feb 2010
Deserada said:

Double suicide.

sorry to burst your bubble but no its been explained many times that is indeed there guns but its them shooting the pocket watch not each other.
its symbolic of them letting go of there past nether of them died
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 14, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2008
hazerddex said:
Deserada said:

Double suicide.

sorry to burst your bubble but no its been explained many times that is indeed there guns but its them shooting the pocket watch not each other.
I've never heard that explanation before, what evidence do you have to suggest that? The watch cracks; it doesn't look like it was shot, and it doesn't explain the gunshots. I believe there is more evidence for the death of Noir (in the literal death of Mirelle and Kirika) than not.

Remember their contract? Mirelle forcibly separated herself from Kirika because she vowed to kill her on sight the next time they met, a vow extended from the first time they worked together. The two are depicted as victims of circumstance (being groomed by Les Soldats when they didn't know better) and Mirelle's goal throughout is to end Les Soldats, the organization which they are the strong arm of. Ending Les Soldats, from the beginning, meant ending the abominations that they had become. There's no better time and no better note to end the series on for closure than the death of the two. It is clear that by the end they are fully synergistic and that Kirika understands that she could not die alone; the wishes of Noir are one.
DeseradaApr 14, 2016 5:01 AM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Apr 14, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2010
Deserada said:
hazerddex said:

I've never heard that explanation before, what evidence do you have to suggest that? The watch cracks; it doesn't look like it was shot, and it doesn't explain the gunshots. I believe there is more evidence for the death of Noir (in the literal death of Mirelle and Kirika) than not.

Remember their contract? Mirelle forcibly separated herself from Kirika because she vowed to kill her on sight the next time they met, a vow extended from the first time they worked together. The two are depicted as victims of circumstance (being groomed by Les Soldats when they didn't know better) and Mirelle's goal throughout is to end Les Soldats, the organization which they are the strong arm of. Ending Les Soldats, from the beginning, meant ending the abominations that they had become. There's no better time and no better note to end the series on for closure than the death of the two. It is clear that by the end they are fully synergistic and that Kirika understands that she could not die alone; the wishes of Noir are one.

no the ending with them killing eachother is a terrible way to end and cliche way to end a story type like this also first of all it highly unlikly that they would kill eachother expecaily after mirelle just save kirika form falling to her death makes no sense to kill her right after saving her and its not sucicde right after kirika decide to live. the two gun shot are mof symbolic of them moving on from there past. esspcialy when combined with the destroyed pocket watch.

GrimAtramentApr 14, 2016 12:51 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 17, 2016 9:03 PM

Jun 2015
Woah... the whole series was beautiful from start to finish.

Sure, it left things unexplained.
Sure, it doesn't look too great.

Still, it's great anime like Noir that inspires me to watch and review anime.

Thanks for the memories!
8/10
Jan 25, 2017 4:25 PM

Jan 2016
Finally i finished this series lol
I started watching by July 2016 and have been postponing since then

So first things first: AMAZING SOUNDTRACK
Great character development, loved the friendship growing between Mireille and Kirika, and loved Chloe's character as a whole, but Altena did nothing for me as an antagonist. Also had great setting, very beautiful places, and at least in the first half had good diversity.

I find the actual plot not very interesting, i loved the first half when everything was so simple and the two of them would just go on missions together, although the Kirika's mystery got my attention it didn't actually lived up to my expectations when it was revealed.
Also little was revealed about her past, it would be nice if it had a whole episode dedicated to her memories and this way we could know what happened to her and how she got there in the first place. How did she ended up meeting Mireille of all people? How did she lost her memories? How did she regain her memories?

The pace was really slow, but i think that helped a bit to build up some tension and create some suspense for us. I liked the action very much, but i seriously find this censorship utterly retard sometimes, i don't know if there is a uncensored cut for this series or something like director's cut but wtf. It's literally an hitman anime and there just a few scenes with tiny little blood drops and cuts in the middle of several gun fights and knives and swords impaling people. For the most part i actually didn't care much, but there were times that it was just ridiculous. Like Chloe throwing a knife at Mireille's leg leaving her with no scratches or cuts OR EVEN THE KNIFE ON HER LEG BECAUSE THE KNIFE VANISHED LOL

Anyway, i'll give this 6/10 because i liked most of the characters, and Canta per me is fucking amazing, the best thing in this series is the soundtrack, characters, scenarios, action are good as well. I would say plot is the weakest part but that's just me.
Jan 25, 2017 7:15 PM

May 2009
RileyReid said:
but i seriously find this censorship utterly retard sometimes, i don't know if there is a uncensored cut for this series or something like director's cut but wtf. It's literally an hitman anime and there just a few scenes with tiny little blood drops and cuts in the middle of several gun fights and knives and swords impaling people. For the most part i actually didn't care much, but there were times that it was just ridiculous. Like Chloe throwing a knife at Mireille's leg leaving her with no scratches or cuts OR EVEN THE KNIFE ON HER LEG BECAUSE THE KNIFE VANISHED LOL

I don't know about the knife thing, but the blood thing? I hear that they were asked to tone down the blood for a TV release, and then they tried out having no blood and decided they actually liked it better because it was more stylish to have no blood at all, and went with that.

And yeah, "Canta Per Me" is like...whenever it plays, you know the wheels of history have begun turning.
Aug 12, 2017 9:46 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Even now, that I am grown up I still love this anime.
I still wish there would have been an OVA or a second season to explain a lot of things.
And as for myself I hate open endings.
But yeha, still in love with Noir <3

Aug 12, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
@Yiuumii Sure, you can't have an epilogue for this series. (a second series would have probably be extremely stretched out)
But on the other hand, you can get "more of the same" through Madlax and El Cazadore de la bruja (same recipe, with a slight change in ingredients proportions here and there, with a lot of shared staff members).
Aug 12, 2017 1:55 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Rei366 said:
@Yiuumii Sure, you can't have an epilogue for this series. (a second series would have probably be extremely stretched out)
But on the other hand, you can get "more of the same" through Madlax and El Cazadore de la bruja (same recipe, with a slight change in ingredients proportions here and there, with a lot of shared staff members).

Well I know a second season would have had that effect, so I hoped more for a conclusive OVA episode or even a special or something.
Thanks so much for the two recomandations, as soon as I empty a bit my watching list I will start them. Did not even know they had shared staff members o thanks a lot! :)

Nov 15, 2017 9:01 AM

Aug 2015
Not a bad ending, however Altena's plan felt anti-climactic considering how it was being built up throughout the series which made this episode pretty lacklustre for me, not to mention the extremely out of place lava pit. The action in this show wasn't that exciting since 90% of the enemies were horribly incompetent and were just used to show Kirika doing some completely inexplicable shit. One thing Noir excels at, especially in the first half, is building great settings and vivid locations which kept the assassination of the week format fresh.

The soundtrack was lovely, as expected of Yuki Kajiura, but a few tracks didn't fit well with the scenes they were playing in which made the tone feel slightly disjointed. Another thing to note about Noir is how little dialogue is used in crucial scenes, with the director instead choosing to use a lot of still shots to keep the character's feelings more clouded. Most anime that share similar themes with this show wouldn't utilise this so I'm not used to it, but I'd say it was done effectively although somewhat overused.

As for the two gunshots and the broken watch at the end, I'd say that's purely symbolical of the pair severing their link with the past, and a bit of a farewell to the viewers.
Dec 1, 2017 1:16 AM
Oct 2017
"As for the two gunshots and the broken watch at the end, I'd say that's purely symbolical of the pair severing their link with the past, and a bit of a farewell to the viewers."

Absolutely agree. As for the lava pit ... well Altena's temple was built somewhere remote "between France and Spain", so I'm thinking the Pyrenees mountains. It might be an incipient baby volcano that never really reached the eruption stage. OK, a bit far fetched, but then, there are a number of things in the series that require "suspension of disbelief".

Altena is a bit like a fanatical cultist. She seems to regard Le Grand Retour almost with some sort of religious frenzy. Such people aren't necessarily going to come up with the most logical of plans. And if in her mind completion of the ritual requires her death ... hey, not a problem.
Dec 22, 2017 5:19 PM
Oct 2016
Just finished watching this yesterday. Started it sometime in October or something, but had taken some time off and watched the last 4 episodes in one sitting. Not 'the best' but more than I had expected from a 7.4. The flashbacks got a bit tiring, but the art really wasn't bad... it was hand-drawn and consistent enough for a 26 episode series with what I can assume was an average budget.

Makes me wonder how something like Juuni Tiasen can blow their budget by the 5th episode. Good animation shouldn't be too cheap, because its obviously a lot of work... but its sad to see how good average used to be
Jan 6, 2018 11:32 AM
Oct 2017
Altena is straight up batshit crazy, so don't expect her grand master plan to be all that logical. What is important is that she believes in the end goal with an almost religious fervor, and is willing to sacrifice anything, even herself, in order to achieve it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noir Episode 13 Discussion

ApolloFC - Apr 8, 2010

21 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Apr 7, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 20 Discussion

barelyalive - Sep 11, 2011

15 by wildhood »»
Mar 31, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 19 Discussion

Guitarplayer20 - Aug 23, 2013

7 by Noirlax »»
Jan 12, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Noir Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 19, 2010

30 by Warghost »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:30 PM

» What kind of music is used in Noir?

LadyMal - Nov 15, 2020

7 by Phobossus »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.