Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta admit, that latest criminal catches quite the attention with his moves and that hair but more so because he killed 15 freaking wizards.

The new case also seems to take on Cecil mentally somewhat. A room that negates magic though..I find that part kinda interesting too. I'm still not used to the mecha/CG yet though.

Cecil is pretty awesome for a beginner but she better get used to cases like this in the future.
Stark700Feb 2, 2014 10:35 AM
Feb 2, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2010
good episode. i wish their cases were abit less predictable.

btw is there any meaning to this? http://i.imgur.com/CO5mUb0.png

also this show could work out well without the mechs.
Feb 2, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
Shit there seems to be quite the conspiracy here. I wonder who's into it?

The detective at the end and Moyoyon? Loved Moyo's eyes when she was staring at him. Pure evil vibes there.

Cecil is getting more OP XD another awakening and it was quite epic ^^
Feb 2, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
What a great episode lots of magic and action. In the beginning when the gust of wind appeared, I think Shizumu might be a magician. Plus it seems Moyo also has something to do with Cecil. I wonder what that power was with her eyes glowing. And Cecil keeps unlocking new magic, this anime keeps getting better with every episode.
Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 2, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2013
Cecil had another power awakening. That was cool. Looks like there is more to Moyo than we thought.
Feb 2, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2012
Moho might be bad ass and we just don't know it yet. Pretty good episode overall. Lots of action and magic. Seems like Cecil is leveling up. I wonder how powerful she's going to become. Shizumu looks like he up to some real shitty business. Can't wait for next ep.
Feb 2, 2014 12:21 PM

Jan 2008
Good episode, finally.
-
Feb 2, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2013
Moyo, more to her than meets the eye.
Hm, a little suspicious of her right now.
Cecil had another awakening, nice.
Just how powerful is she going to become?
Kerozinn said:

No idea, found it quite interesting myself..
This case took a lot out of Cecil, mentally.
Feb 2, 2014 12:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The weakest point of this series so far has been the "court cases". Everything else is okay.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 2, 2014 1:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wonder what the deal with Moyo is? What is her magic? And I really hope we get to see soon what it was the mother did to land her in the slammer.

I think the writers could have done a better job with the 'legal' aspects and lingo of the series. All the court sequences are pretty simplistic and lack any drama IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 2, 2014 2:24 PM
Jul 2013
Well, it was not as moved as the previous but it was interesting to see that Cecil has another power.

Perverted Rana: http://i61.tinypic.com/29dfhxh.jpg
Feb 2, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Cecil had her new power, that was interesting.
Feb 2, 2014 4:24 PM
Mar 2012
Cecil should have said something like: "I don't defend the accused, I defend the innocent."
Feb 2, 2014 4:45 PM

Mar 2013
This is gettin better
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 2, 2014 5:07 PM
Oct 2012
I really, really wish they would stop having all the female employees going all yuri over Cecil all the time, instead using that time to develop them a bit.

The yuri jokes were fine to begin with, but now it is just getting continually more annoying. If they developed the yuri, having one of them actually be serious about Cecil, that wouldn't be so bad because at least it would be character development, but here it is like a stale joke that they keep repeating because they don't get that it is stale. Which highlights this shows tragic flaw: the writing.

Visually this show is great, the magic and setting are interesting, the conspiracy has potential, but when it comes to the little bits of writing that makes the show, it is sorely lacking. This is most obvious in the sub characters, but can also be seen in things like the trials.
Feb 2, 2014 9:46 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, it seems like all the cases, legal stuff, and the whole wizards/wuds discrimination deal are secondary to whoever's trying to go after Cecil and her sudden power-ups. It's taken even less serious when you just throw in random fanservice.
Feb 2, 2014 9:56 PM

Aug 2013
When you take out the court hearings, this is what you get. Great episode.

Ohh so the other detective is in on this too? And what is up with Moyo? The guy was already wary of her even without her evil death stare.

The old guy at the beginning said wizards used to fight each other so we'll probably see some magical warfare soon.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 2, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
The inspector guy has wind magic possibly?

So every time the orbs in her hair break she gets a new power :/ Seems op.

That ending 0_0
Feb 2, 2014 10:35 PM
Dec 2013
Hmmm, Cecil is certainly integral to wizards for some reason. Her being overpowered has a purpose.

Shizumi, huge surprise there,
he's some kind of evil wizard mastermind(?)

Moyo certainly has much more than meets the eye.

All in all it was a pretty good episode I thought.

This and Space Dandy are honestly the only thing holding my interest still...
Feb 2, 2014 10:41 PM

Feb 2012
I like the main cast, but my biggest issue with this show is the pacing. Scenes just seem to start and end too quickly, with little build up. This show would be sooo much better if they paced it better. It's no surprise I suppose since the director's other work was Galilei Donna which also had pacing issues, though for that show's case it wasn't the scenes that were rushed, but the story. That, and the director mainly worked with Hentai and not regular anime.

Other than that, this ep was nice. The inspector's partner is a bad guy and Moyo is revealed to have secrets of her own. My guess is she's also part of a group that is keeping an eye on Cecil, only hers is the 'good' side.
Feb 2, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2008
Ok episode, survived the drop
Feb 2, 2014 11:58 PM

Apr 2011
Kerozinn said:
good episode. i wish their cases were abit less predictable.

also this show could work out well without the mechs.

isn't that what they use to seal off their magics ?

Aggron said:

That ending 0_0

Yeah, Cecil is probably related to the Grimoire thing.
Feb 3, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
the case itself was pretty predictable but i can see so much development and upcoming plot thickeners coming soon.
like that police guy developing cecil's powers even with hiring criminals to do it? moyoyon's "sense" with cecil and the fact that one of the brothers was intimidated when seeing her?? lots of stuf???
this show just gets better and better
Feb 3, 2014 6:52 AM

Apr 2013
Cecil actually looks so much better with her hair down.

I still can't help but feel that the character design of this show is a bit inconsistent, and poor at times for some characters, like that old geezer at the beginning of this episode, oh gawd.

Good episode, the case is more complex than the previous ones, and with that ending... the plot thickens!

Feb 3, 2014 7:35 AM

May 2012
Good episode as always.
Feb 3, 2014 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
Holy molly, Cecil kept on awakening new power this week. This time it was sand magic. It seems like someone is targeting Cecil. Moyoyon is revealed to have some sort of secret, her eyes were glowing and Rei was petrified seeing that. That last scene , wasn't expecting that at all. I kinda knew that Quinn's partner, Shizumu has some sort of magic earlier in the episode because it was obvious that he was using wind magic. But the revelation of him working as the bad guys totally caught me off guard. This show is totally getting better, cases are a lot more interesting although less focus on the trial.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 3, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
Valaskjalf said:

Aggron said:

That ending 0_0

Cecil is literally awakening new powers every week. What if Cecil is the Grimoire 365 ?
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 3, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2013
Cecil's way of awakening powers seems really convenient. She just awakens a power whenever her old one won't work in that situation. This whole show is just strange.
Feb 3, 2014 2:04 PM
Oct 2008
So he was pretending to have DID...

... Reminded me a tad of Primal Fear
Feb 3, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
What a complete waste of potential this show has been.

Wow,what an insane amount of ketchup and whip cream.

The sand magic at the end was such an asspull.
Feb 3, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2012
Best episode so far. After this episode I would say this anime is one of my favorite this season.
Feb 3, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:
What a complete waste of potential this show has been.

Wow,what an insane amount of ketchup and whip cream.

The sand magic at the end was such an asspull.

It's not really an asspull, because the antagonists are deliberately trying to awaken more powers within her. They simply accomplished their mission.
Feb 3, 2014 6:30 PM
Sep 2012
http://puu.sh/6Jdq0.png
Lol ketchup and whip cream are better than mayonnaise, I guess.

This girl is as weird as she is mysterious. I wonder if she doesn't act like a dumbass to lure people.
Feb 3, 2014 7:17 PM

Jun 2013
Moyo had him scared before he even knew her name. She looked devilish at the end
Feb 3, 2014 7:29 PM

Apr 2011
Riez said:
Valaskjalf said:

Aggron said:

That ending 0_0

Cecil is literally awakening new powers every week. What if Cecil is the Grimoire 365 ?

Oh shit I haven't thought about that.

Lel
Feb 3, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
Moyo seems to be hiding her badassery.
Feb 4, 2014 8:02 AM

May 2013
pillsbury15 said:
So he was pretending to have DID...

... Reminded me a tad of Primal Fear

A great reference to an underappreciated movie. Also very true.
Feb 4, 2014 9:52 PM

Jul 2013
why does every case had to be handled by that wannabe cutie, weird haired and egg shaped head, Cecil... wait.. that description pretty much sums up everyone...

Cecil's logic: Knows that her frog is a pervert and she hates that about him.... still takes a bath with him anyway.

aside from that every episode's action and story is interesting
Feb 5, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2011
that red hair guy does not even need wiz power to kill... yup I thought of Primal Fear too

maybe 2 or more groups trying to get their hands on Cecil, now we have that inspector group and Moyoyo group
Feb 5, 2014 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
Another awakening! Nice. I'm wonderin bout the significance of the hair charms though
Feb 5, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2011
So Cecil-chan powers up yet again. Now she can summon giant mecha, shoot fireballs AND control rocks and sand ... wonder how many powers she'll end up with by the end.

Apparently the guy detective is up to no good, and has been working with the two brothers to get Cecil to evolve her powers further. Wonder how the racist female cop will react when she finds out her partner is one of the Wuds she hates so much.

*sigh* Stupid "Buy the Blu-Ray" fog. Cecil looks to have a really nice body underneath the obvious censoring too...
Feb 5, 2014 7:25 PM
Oct 2012
Blind_Guardian said:
Wonder how the racist female cop will react when she finds out her partner is one of the Wuds she hates so much.

It would be nice if the female detective was racist, but she is obviously friends with Cecil's boss, and her dislike of wizards is based on how her friend copies her (which if you think about it is something that sort of would put you off such people).

If she were racist it would add to the drama and the unpredictability of the show, but that she will end up being the one who ultimately will prove to have the "heart of gold" is disappointing. I even can sense the confrontation with her partner. He will be the one who hates wizards (he works with evil wizards to ultimately destroy all wizards), and he will expect her to understand, but she will turn against him for that reason.
Feb 6, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
It was a descent episode, pretty awesome that Cecil got a new awakening and the moves Shimizu Tsukuji did was quite surprising. The courts seems to be quite predictable, death sentence or lifetime :3

I still don't know about the mechs... the series could probably do fine without them.
Feb 7, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
Eh..pretty predictable.
Yvese said:
I like the main cast, but my biggest issue with this show is the pacing. Scenes just seem to start and end too quickly, with little build up. This show would be sooo much better if they paced it better.

This.

Also the writing is pretty weak.

Wonder what's the deal with Moyo :O
Feb 7, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
The pacing is pretty bad, but I like the plot so I can overlook it. Something's definitely fishy about Moyo, as well as Cecil's hair charms. The detective's partner being one of the bad guys was really unexpected! I wonder how much magic Cecil will end up having.
Feb 8, 2014 8:05 AM

Aug 2012
After showing those two working for that cop. i suspect that Moyo is also working for them targeting cecil.
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Feb 8, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
Solid episode this time, with some pretty good action.
Feb 8, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
I do like the idea of this series. And you've got the links between the cases, always makes things more interesting! But I do wish the cases themselves weren't so predictable. Hopefully we will get a nice gripping one soon
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Feb 9, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder how many awakenings Cecil will have by the end so far fire and Sand plus the mecha part but other then that only time will tell.
Feb 9, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The mysteries grow exponentially in this episode, too bad there has not been a good construction of the events in the narrative. Interesting plot, but needs to improve.
Drawings sufficient, much better scenarios.
Animations of a good standard.
I agree with much criticism, an anime that can give a lot more if it were well developed, a real shame.
Perhaps most of all, is the great rush to ruin everything.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.