Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2009 12:27 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Why dont you understand Van? Why dont you understand!"?" - Folken.

Because even the viewer doesnt understand you bastard, nevermind Van. God, the writing is so lazy on this show its unbelievable, especially considering how good the rest of the production is.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 28, 2009 5:43 PM

May 2009
Nooo, the cute cat sisters died?! :(
Apr 6, 2010 11:41 PM

Apr 2008
I try the English Dub and it was mediocre. Only 5 more episodes until I'm done with this awful series.
May 3, 2010 7:11 PM
Feb 2009
yea wdh its like back to the slow paced <.<
Aug 30, 2011 9:29 PM

May 2010
FINALLY SOMEOEN SLAPPED THAT GIRL!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 13, 2012 7:51 PM
Oct 2011
Beatnik said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Because even the viewer doesnt understand you bastard, nevermind Van. God, the writing is so lazy on this show its unbelievable, especially considering how good the rest of the production is.
folken's motivation is to make a world where everyone can get their wishes a "Perfect" world, in his mind a world where nobody would need to fight cause they all have what they need. Van, however can not understand how all of this violence and killing can possibly lead to peace and happiness

It is not the writers fault your IQ is only 10. also if you don't like it are don't get why do you keep watching it?
Mar 2, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
The few last episodes haven't been the best ones, I need to put my logical sense away to fully enjoy it, but I still hope for a bad ass ending!
Also, we've seen the cat sisters in battle like about 3 times? They fled away each time... Oh well!
Jun 18, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Beatnik said:

This kid is so dumb lol
Jul 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
Hitomi has been stolen! ooooooooooooooo

But seriously this is boring. Can't wait to be finished this and move on to a more entertaining anime. Last time I watch an anime for nostalgia reasons.

Also, Folken could of had a chance to have an awesome threesome. But too late now.
Jul 6, 2014 7:53 PM

Dec 2013
That was unexpected! Boy, I really don't know how things will turn out in this show!
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 27, 2015 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

Naria's and Ariya's luck has run out. Wonderful episode, as always.

But the burning question: Why was Hitomi carrying dishes?
Jun 6, 2015 12:02 PM

Jan 2010
Now that I think about it, Escaflowne could be a giant corruption of the phrases "if you believe hard enough, all your wishes will come true" and "be careful what you wish for."

Instead of simply wishing for good things to happen, anxieties can lead to the worst situations possible, as such a power wouldn't be so convenient as to only bring forth good fortune.
Feb 13, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
uhh so yeah why did the cat sisters leave Hitomi behind out of speinding all that time and energy trying to capture her for lord Folken...? And then Folken's like "Van why don't you understand [why I'm with Zaibach]" and then he's just like: "you Dornkirk you're wrong" and leaves. wat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2016 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
Beatnik said:

Because even the viewer doesnt understand you bastard

looool truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

mother!
intensified luck soldiers
age progression
letting go of your captive
side tear

where is this show going lol

i can't fucking believe i actually thought this would end up in my hall of fame

nigga

this goes in the hall of fame for NONSENSICAL DICKSHIT that's fo sho
Jun 7, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
Since a few episodes, it has been a real treat to visit the episodic threads. It's almost as entertaining as Escaflowne itself.

4+/5 (rewatching)
Jun 8, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
So it took the death of the cat girls to convince Folken that everything he has been doing is wrong?!!! What about all the lives he has taken already?! Folken make up your mind, is sacrifice necessary or is it not? This is so dumb! And just two seconds before that he was telling Van to understand. Van should have said "You killed our entire country and it wasn't a problem, but your cats die, and suddenly you switch sides? F YOU!"
Feb 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2013
2 episodes ago, a coin was flipped. Who was really the lucky one? (neither?)
1 episode ago, Hitomi tried to exchange one destiny for another, which backfired.
This episode, the intensified luck had an opposite reaction as well.

Folken mad his cat girls died.
He has always tried to avoid bloodshed (Operation Golden Rule of Love, where the generals just wanted to attack).
May 9, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Folken, Naria and Eriya had so much potential snif :(
Nov 24, 2020 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
So they didn't get more luck, the cat twins traded their future luck for immediate luck?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 11, 2022 4:45 AM

May 2019
Folken DID say the Fortune Blood was dangerous.

Apparently there was furry discrimination that ended in violence. Poor cat girls.

Folken was back talking Dornkirk because he's pretty pissed about the cat girls I think.

Feb 19, 10:28 PM

Nov 2021
Isn't it a little BIT over due to rebel now, Folken???

Apr 6, 6:28 AM
Dec 2019
Almost the end of the show and Folken really is barely even a character still. He has functioned to send villains other than Guymelefs at the protagonists and...nothing else really? He still doesn't even have a clear motive as to why he betrayed his home country (that seems pretty much forgotten at this point in the show by the way) or what he's doing in Zaibach. They've given Zaibach a rather weak "controlling everything will let us overtake destiny and have perfect peace" motivation which could've been introduced a long time ago to give the early action some purpose other than Dilandau simply seeming like an evil creep with no goal. But Folken is involved for seemingly no reason.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.