Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so dilandau is actually celine, allens' sister... hes a dude, whose actually a she... what type of messed up scientist would do something like that?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 4, 2009 5:22 AM

Jan 2008
Who the fuck is Jajaku or whatever the fuck his name is and why does he appear from out of nowhere all the time? God, this story is so weak I want to punch the writer in the armpit.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 4, 2009 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
Cihan said:
Who the fuck is Jajaku or whatever the fuck his name is and why does he appear from out of nowhere all the time? God, this story is so weak I want to punch the writer in the armpit.

seriously! they just add a new character randomly to make up for a plot hole!!!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 22, 2009 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
Holy mindf*ck, Batman!
Aug 4, 2009 2:55 AM

Aug 2008
kage-bunshin said:
Cihan said:

seriously! they just add a new character randomly to make up for a plot hole!!!

Dude he's one of Dilandou's soldiers, they introduce him two or three eps back and he appears in the attack on the assembled army against Zaibach.

But other than that this episode was completely pointless...
Oct 18, 2009 9:30 PM

May 2008
So Dilandau is actually Allen's sister because of a really fucked up experiment? WHAT A TWEEST

And how did that guy rescue him/her so quickly, if he was so near to Dilandau why couldn't he just take him back earlier.
Nov 18, 2009 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
He's a dog type beast-man with a good guymelef. It's easy to see where he came from if you actually think about it.

1. He's loyal to Dilandu to an almost absurd degree (Hello dog-type I see you there.)
2. He's got a good guymelef because of his position.
3. He never left the area because of reason number 1.
4. He's got super-human hearing because he's a dog and boy does Dilandu scream loud and high pitched.
5. So dog type comes running from wherever he's been hiding and doesn't take long to get there because of number 2.
Dec 26, 2009 1:18 AM

Jul 2008
well that was a WTF moment.
Apr 15, 2010 12:08 AM

Apr 2008
This episode was hilarious. Allen look at the positives, now you have a brother.
May 3, 2010 9:22 PM
Feb 2009
wow wdh in the world just happened
Aug 31, 2011 9:10 PM

May 2010
I just knew there was something gay about that Dilandau.

How did Van love Hitomi?? And why...? Why her?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 26, 2011 11:42 PM

Dec 2009
I foresaw Dilandau being allens sister...I figured she was going to show up in some sort of twist, due to significance to allen and her mysterious disappearance...now where is van's mother?
What a haul! What a HAUL!!!
Jan 3, 2013 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
To me, Hitomi is nothing more than a sloppy seconds bitch.
She always seems to like the guys that her friends have a thing for. And it's not even like she's into them because it's real. It's just that she's fascinated by the idea of being with someone so badly that she falls too easily..when actually, the guy she truly wants is Van.

Allen was just out of his damn mind for even proposing to her in the first place. Folken's plan definitely worked with that one.

And Dilandau being Allen's sister was a no brainer..the flashbacks kinda revealed that possibility.
Jan 7, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2012
The ending ..that entire farewell sequence. Brilliant.
Yoko Kanno is a friggin musical genius.
You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!
Feb 21, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2012
i knew dilandau was a girl from the first time he was on screen - it was his voice more than anything. but i didn't expect him to be allen's sister. that was a really nice way to bring 2 plot points together.

the music when hitomi was running the track for the 2nd time + van suddenly appears was just amazing.

and poor merle :( she really cares for van. i'm really excited for the last 2 episodes.
Jul 11, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
Wait, I'm confused about something no one has mentioned: Why would Dornkirk want Hitomi back on Gea? I thought he wanted to separate her and Van?
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 12, 2015 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
I was laughing my ass off at that plot twist, every time I think this series cant get any crazier it just proves me wrong.
Apr 27, 2015 7:38 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

The big reveal: Dilandau = Celena (did anybody really not figure it out already? it's been hinted at multiple times)

Time-loop for Hitomi. This time she doesn't run into Van and fall down.

^ Regarding confused posts in a lot of these threads... It makes a lot more sense after you've seen it all. It's not lazy or bad writing at all.
BurntJellyApr 27, 2015 8:18 PM
Oct 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2010
This plot twist must be one of the stupidest I have ever seen...Dilandau is really Allen's missing sister...like really?
Feb 14, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2014
kage-bunshin said:
so dilandau is actually celine, allens' sister... hes a dude, whose actually a she... what type of messed up scientist would do something like that?

Yeah at the start and even after hearing Dilandau being referred to as a he I always thought he was a girl. Guess he used to be Celena. But the whole introduction of this twist was handled very awkwardly.

Another awkward handling was the fact that they replayed the day Hitomi left. Now instead of it being "Hitomi you're back! Oh but you have to leave again?" it's more like "Hitomi go chase your love TF WHY ARE YOU RUNNING INTO THAT PILLAR OF LIGHT AND HUGGING THE GUY RIDING A DRAGON????"

Wait...was that shirtless Donirk in the preview...? GEEZ IS THIS SUPOOSED TO BE SOME KIND OF MANSERVICE???
Noodle070Feb 14, 2016 12:04 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2016 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
wat

everyone's tearing off their goddamn shirts what is this homo piece of shit

Beatnik said:

i want to dice the writer's testicles with my pubes
zetsu_shorenMar 21, 2016 9:45 AM
Apr 3, 2016 12:58 AM

Oct 2012
not gonna lie
van's love for hitomi kind of came out of nowhere.
there wasn't enough dedicated to his interest in her like that
seriously
Jun 9, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
If I wasn't so focused on the rest of the story's flaws I probably would have realized that Dilandau is Celine. But since I didn't.. that was an awesome plot twist!!
Also the music in this episode is A++.
What's up with Van loving Hitomi? Hitomi shows no interest in him (I mean she obsesses over Amano and Allen the whole series) and Van has been focused on the war this whole time. Then when Van and his escaflowne warp to earth Van seems to go in for the kiss with Hitomi, but she friendzones him so hard with that hug... I SEE NO LOVE HERE
Aug 8, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2016
I fucking knew it! Dilandau was Allen's sister the whole time! XD
"Everyone is equal in death." - Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"You know what, if you're talking about living or dying, I died once two years ago... But the day I met you... After I met you, I've come back to life!" - Enmadou Rokuro (Twin Star Exorcist)

"'What is gone, is gone!!! So ask yourself this!! What is there, that still remains to you?!!!' (Jinbei)
'I STILL HAVE MY FRIENDS!!!' (Monkey D Luffy)" -One Piece

"Everything... will be ok." - Kinomoto Sakura (Sakura Card Captor)
Dec 11, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2016
Hitomi changes guys like nothing man seriously if they guy she fell for weren't all prince charming wannabes I wonder at what age would she had lose her virginity and how many boys would have tasted her by this time poor van king of fanelia gets a second hand or third hand girl hahaha the pussy cat was a better choice well fate and destiny anime have this shirty pairing always
May 7, 2017 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
I don't see Van being in love with Hitomi coming out of nowhere because I think it was kind of hinted before, but Hitomi ONLY thinking about him when she is on Earth it is weird. Like, "byebye Allen I don't even remember you lol, I want to see Van who the fuck are you Allen lol". She was confused about it, yeah, maybe some kind of feelings, yeah, but they didn't seem that strong as hers for Allen.
Don't get me wrong because I like Van and I prefer him over Allen, but Hitomi fixation for Van so suddenly, forgetting about Allen, that's what is weird. Too sudden.

Hitomi please, make your mind already.
Dec 30, 2017 8:54 PM
Jun 2017
kage-bunshin said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welcome to that side of anime.
Dec 30, 2017 8:57 PM
Jun 2017
yotsuo said:
not gonna lie
van's love for hitomi kind of came out of nowhere.
there wasn't enough dedicated to his interest in her like that
seriously
It was hinted at throughout the series.
Dec 30, 2017 9:01 PM
Jun 2017
Dilandau=Celena=Mindblown. Then again it was hinted at several times throughout the series.
Feb 4, 2018 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
Learning about Newton in class that day... hmm...

Van and Hitomi have been conflicted over each other the entire series... not sure how that one can be missed...
May 9, 2019 12:28 PM

Oct 2012
Yukari loved Amano-senpai. Duh. Goddammit Hitomi, she's your best friend, how did you NOT realize it? It's also a classic in old anime. Good that you've met Van. Now Millerna can stay with Allen, Yukari with Amano and you with him. JUST REALIZE YOUR FEELINGS GODDAMMIT.

HA. Alright so last episode made me think my theory was wrong, but Dilandau IS Celene after all. And as their personality change, their body change as well? jesus. Some kinda experiences.

Also they were studying Isaac Newton on the same day that Hitomi was transported to Gaea. Hmm~ studying the villain!

SASUGA! So when Hitomi fist went to Gaea it was because of her heart already wishing to see Van! Really liked that.
Nov 30, 2020 2:54 PM

Feb 2012
So when Celine changes into Dilandau, the body physically changes, too, wow. And thoughts of killing is what triggers it?

Leaning on the the fact Donkirk is Isaac Newton in Hitomi's Lesson

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 20, 2021 11:23 PM

May 2020
This was lame. The final scene would have been awesome.... if this show developed Van's and Hitomi's relationship to any meaningful level.

The show was still focusing on Hitomi x Allen until Ep 22. Van caring about Hitomi isn't completely out of the left field but its still very underdeveloped. Hitomi caring about Van to the level she does is poor writing, especially since she's been pining over Allen since the beginning of this show, even though her feelings have definitely cooled down.

All in all, a nice scene and everything but its pretty meaningless.

And Dilandau is indeed Celene, a twist that was hinted at throughout the series. I still give zero shits about him (her?)
Aug 24, 2021 3:51 PM
Jan 2017
My God this plot is falling apart more and more. I give it a pass as a kid when it was on the television because being a kid and more so I wasn't able see each episode week by week so when something didn't make scenes I assumed I missed the episode that explained it.
Jan 12, 2022 11:23 PM

May 2019
Just back on earth, how is Hitomi not freaking out because she went back in time?

I get how they're showing the parallels between the worlds. Yukari is Millerna, Akano is Allen, she learns Allen isn't the one for. Then, also learns that her destiny is Van and she will inevitably pick him. Them cards don't lie...or something.

So, Dilandau is Celena and Allen's sister. Whoas, what did they DO to her? He must have some telepathic connection to Jajuka.

Good for Merle for being supportive of Van.

Fitting the teacher at Hitomi's school is teaching about Isaac Newton.

Aug 2, 2023 11:25 PM

Jun 2021
WHAT!? DILANDU HAS BEEN ALLEN'S SISTER!!?? FINALLY VAN REALIZING THAT HE HAVE FEELINGS WITH HITOMI!!?? HITOMI LOVING VAN ALL OF A SUDDEN!!?? GAEA NOW IS IN A HARD WAR!!?? HOW WILL BE THE TWO CHAPTER REMAINING MY FUCKING GOD
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 7, 8:22 AM
Dec 2019
Dilandau having plot armor because he's Allen's sister is such a shitty payoff. Who cares about his stupid family!? They spent all that time explaining his dad as if it was some huge haymaker character moment too and it just was not interesting.

Isekai is not my favourite genre but don't characters usually make more of a deal about going between worlds? Hitomi was 100% fine being in Gaea almost instantly and then getting sent back home (and back in time) didn't affect her at all either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 22 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 20, 2009

15 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.