Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 19, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
10/10 adaptation, so far so good
Jan 19, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
IronLobster said:
5/5 This adaption is everything I hoped for so far. The last scene was done so well with the nobles turning into beasts.

This. Cho does justice.
Jan 19, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
I feel for him after what he went through. But his daughter T__T
Jan 19, 2014 12:14 PM
Feb 2013
Shangetsu said:
Marenwynn said:
Mogamett is like a magician Hitler. He'd probably get even more cruel towards the goi if magicians continue to get swept up by his misguided ideals. I bet Aladdin's world went through the same things before his people destroyed each other. No doubt Aladdin's mission is to unite the people of the world so that history doesn't repeat itself.

Really liking this arc. They should have made the entire season about it.

Mogamett believes that Magician should lead the world.
He's not as bad as most people make it sound. He's not saying that Goi should die but that they shouldn't lead because of human nature.

If a goi want to live a better life then he is free to learn, work and contribute to the society. There are two levels where the goi can live and the level 4 district have good living condition for humans. Fact is, like Mogamett said, most of the goi choose to indulge themselve in a livestock life.
Then the sad part is that children born in the level 5 district are forced into a life style they didn't choose. But hey, that happens in every country so it's hardly something we can only condamn Mogamett's country for.

If Mogamett was as simple as Hitler then he would have killed every Goi in his country and would try to wage war against the Goi for world domination.

Indeed for the most part he is pretty justified in his actions, but there's a fundamental flaw in his philosophy, a flaw he has overlooked because of his own bias of goi's being no better than livestock. The thing he has ignored is that the child is not guilty of the parent's sins. It was due to not noticing this aspect that led to the tragedy of Dunya Musta'sim, who was nearly murdered during the magician uprising, and was taken in by Al Thalmen, as well as the continued imprisonment of the children of all the goi's in the 5th district.
Jan 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
Marenwynn said:
Mogamett is like a magician Hitler.
He's not as bad as most people make it sound. He's not saying that Goi should die but that they shouldn't lead because of human nature.
[...]
If Mogamett was as simple as Hitler then he would have killed every Goi in his country and would try to wage war against the Goi for world domination.
No, Marenwynn is quite right, he is like Hitler. Hitler thought Germans should rule the world. Well, actually not Germans (as he was Austrian), but the Germanic peoples. As he thought the Jews were intending to do the same, he saw them as enemies and he put them (and many others) in concentration camps to work until they died.
It's really pretty much the same. Mogamett thinks the goi only want to rule, he deems them as a less worthy "race" and puts them underground to harvest their magoi until they die. Sure, there's some differences, but the similarities are obvious.

Apart from that it reminded me of "Remember Koom Valley" in Terry Pratchett's Discworld (Koom Valley was the place for a great battle between dwarves and trolls and there's a cry going "Remember Koom Valley!"). I'll quote: "Every society needs a cry like that, but only in a very few do they come out with the complete, unvarnished version, which is 'Remember-the-Atrocity-Committed-Against-Us-Last-Time-That-Will-Excuse-the-Atrocity-That-We're-About-to-Commit-Today! And So On! Hurrah!'"
It's quite sad that people who have experiences injustice in the past are so prone to to inflict the same kind of injustice unto others as soon as they have the power to. Unfortunately it's very common in our real world, too. :(
Jan 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
Really awesome episode, Mogamett sure went through a lot at the hands of Goi.
Jan 19, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
I am just...speechless.

A powerful episode.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 19, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2012
nonstop goosebumps when sana died till the end.. wew great ep..

Jan 19, 2014 1:44 PM
Feb 2012
DGemu said:
IronLobster said:
5/5 This adaption is everything I hoped for so far. The last scene was done so well with the nobles turning into beasts.

This. Cho does justice.

He sure does. But even so, he still hasn't been added as Mogamett's seiyuu. Heck, not even Mogamett as a character has been added yet. Come the fuck on, MAL staff. Mogamett's a MAJOR character in this arc.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
I am just...speechless.

A powerful episode.

this..
my eyes watered at the end of this episode.. felt so sorry for Mogamett..
perfect episode with heavy stuff!
5/5
Jan 19, 2014 2:40 PM

Mar 2013
Dumbledore is doing the right thing
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 19, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2008
In real life's term, Scientists should rule instead of ignorant and corrupted politicians
Jan 19, 2014 3:19 PM
Jul 2012
I can agree with Mohamett with the information provided. But, he has forgotten 1 single fact about the goi that makes them different from mere cattle that we raise to kill and eat, they have intelligence! It is merely a process of teaching that shall bring about a change. Surely, you all must remember that little girl from the previous episode, all she wanted was to see the world, it was to know and understand the world, a seek of knowledge! Like all, some gois are evil as are some magicians are themselves. If the world of Magi has a system in which if everyone tries their best, then the world will become golden and bright. Though that possibility is slim to none as we all carry desires, opinions and differences, this is a far-fetched dream. But as magicians, you have the power to help the world by improving each and everyone's lifes. But, you yourselves must make the call on whether helping them is right at the moment, or is wrong as you may help the cruel people.(aka those royals he was under)
Jan 19, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
ElenirLachlagos said:
Shangetsu said:
Marenwynn said:
Mogamett is like a magician Hitler.
[...]
No, Marenwynn is quite right, he is like Hitler. Hitler thought Germans should rule the world. Well, actually not Germans (as he was Austrian), but the Germanic peoples. As he thought the Jews were intending to do the same, he saw them as enemies and he put them (and many others) in concentration camps to work until they died.
It's really pretty much the same. Mogamett thinks the goi only want to rule, he deems them as a less worthy "race" and puts them underground to harvest their magoi until they die. Sure, there's some differences, but the similarities are obvious.

Not all goi are in the 5th level district, only those that chose to be.

Mogamett is fundamentaly different from Hitler in that he never forced them to be there and, as I understood it both from the manga and this adaptation, they are free to leave or work to get a better lifestyle whenever they want.
They don't because they're satisfied living like livestock which only serve to prove Mogamett's point further.

In a world where slavery is common practice and where human right hardly mean anything, Mogamett's country isn't bad even for the goi.

Axxen said:

Indeed for the most part he is pretty justified in his actions, but there's a fundamental flaw in his philosophy, a flaw he has overlooked because of his own bias of goi's being no better than livestock. The thing he has ignored is that the child is not guilty of the parent's sins. It was due to not noticing this aspect that led to the tragedy of Dunya Musta'sim, who was nearly murdered during the magician uprising, and was taken in by Al Thalmen, as well as the continued imprisonment of the children of all the goi's in the 5th district.

And that's what I said.

Shangetsu said:

Then the sad part is that children born in the level 5 district are forced into a life style they didn't choose.

Still that applies to Reim, Kou empire, Syndria and about everywhere else in the Magi world. The son of a slave will be a slave, the son of a gladiator will likely have to earn his rights through the ring as well and rights are determined at birth. All these unfair things are common practice in that world.
It's not fair to use it as an argument against Magnostadt when every other alternative are also guilty of this.

Point is, for the average normal human, if you are willing to work and contribute to society then you will have better living condition in Magnostadt than even in Syndria. You will always have food without having to hunt for yourself or raise crops, you will have access to magician doctor that will be able to cure what would be impossible for normal humans and you will live surrounded by the commodity of magic
If you only want to indulge yourself in pleasure and live a life without working then you will also be allowed to but at the cost of serving as the cornerstone of the whole society.
Jan 19, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
Those last few minutes with Matal Mogamett's monologue and him envisioning the Gois as beasts along with the ED playing hit me so hard. Holy hell, this episode was damn powerful. Just wow, I don't even... wow.
5/5
Jan 19, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2009
Axxen said:
Shangetsu said:
Marenwynn said:
Mogamett is like a magician Hitler. He'd probably get even more cruel towards the goi if magicians continue to get swept up by his misguided ideals. I bet Aladdin's world went through the same things before his people destroyed each other. No doubt Aladdin's mission is to unite the people of the world so that history doesn't repeat itself.

Really liking this arc. They should have made the entire season about it.

If a goi want to live a better life then he is free to learn, work and contribute to the society. There are two levels where the goi can live and the level 4 district have good living condition for humans. Fact is, like Mogamett said, most of the goi choose to indulge themselve in a livestock life.
Then the sad part is that children born in the level 5 district are forced into a life style they didn't choose. But hey, that happens in every country so it's hardly something we can only condamn Mogamett's country for.

No... I got to agree with Mogamett's system. It's very similar to the reality of a 1st world country city life. The only difference is that there should be more education and more opportunities to leave the 'slums' - aka level 5. I guess in addition, the other bad part to Mogamett's system is that he essentially 'taxes' the poor to a larger degree. So, basically if he spread the magoi absorption amongst all the levels progressively and more public programs (i.e. school) in the bottom levels, then it'll be VERY similar to reality, which in my opinion is a very good system. I believe in meritocracy where if you work hard, have the talents, you will be rewarded, which for the most part is reality -- excluding things like inheritance (but even then if you think about it, the person who has worked hard to earn his money now gets the benefits of his children to inherit a lot, so even then I think that's within meritocracy). But then again, Mogamett is still in the 1800s thinking and the benefits we have today haven't quite crossed their minds quite yet.

tl;dr
if only the kid got to go to school and the opportunity to leave the slums, it's okay in my books.
Jan 19, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
This magicians vs. goi conflict just got so much more interesting.
I'm so excited to see where the rest of this story arc is heading.
Jan 19, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode! I love how dark it was.
Jan 19, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
I love the speech, but what he is doing now with goi in the 5th level district is the same with what goi did with magicians back then
I can understand Mogamett's thought though
Jan 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Mar 2009
This season of Magi is just so good.
Jan 19, 2014 9:46 PM

Nov 2012
Amazing episode.
That atmosphere of the backstory was done so well mixed with the music.

What chapter was this?
Jan 19, 2014 10:53 PM

Apr 2012
the old man's backstory was really predictable. his desire to found a country of magicians is fueled solely based on the fact that he lost his wife and daughter because of human greed. and based on that fact he believed all humans were like that.
=3= a little too stereotypical but i guess i'll see where this leads.
Jan 20, 2014 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
lol~ so that caped guy and the sexy teacher are siblings... Cruel story from the principle...

Oh, wow (not sure if people knows about it, but), next week airing 1 hour (2 eps./ ep.16 and 17)!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 20, 2014 1:52 AM
Sep 2013
Guys, I shed tears in this episodes okay? Is that normal D:
Jan 20, 2014 4:14 AM

Sep 2012
Nope_ said:
Amazing episode.

What chapter was this?

This chapter covered 157 - 160.

Clouded-Flame said:
the old man's backstory was really predictable. his desire to found a country of magicians is fueled solely based on the fact that he lost his wife and daughter because of human greed. and based on that fact he believed all humans were like that.
=3= a little too stereotypical but i guess i'll see where this leads.

Untrue, while his daughter's death may have been a turning point, Mogamett had lived his life solely for the Goi before, but his servitude brought to life the realization that they can only destroy, not create. Now he lives his life solely for the magicians. It's not about revenge than it is about helping his fellow magicians.

tsubasalover said:
lol~ so that caped guy and the sexy teacher are siblings... Cruel story from the principle...

Oh, wow (not sure if people knows about it, but), next week airing 1 hour (2 eps./ ep.16 and 17)!!

My body can't be ready enough for this.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 20, 2014 5:34 AM

Sep 2012
Another incredible episode. Goddamn I loved watching Mogamett's past and how Magicians were oppressed and betrayed.

tsubasalover said:

Seriously? Ah, this is incredible news!
Jan 20, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty good. Could have been better. I still don't buy the old man's excuse, and if I were Aladdin, I would have made many holes at the level 5 area, told everyone to get out, and their little city is dead for lack of mana/I forgot the name of their energy. After that, I just tell everyone what I saw, and most of the students would fight together. Or I could simply start flying and get the fuck out of there lol.
Jan 20, 2014 6:48 AM

Feb 2012
That ED song was really well matched with the speech, really enjoyed this episode!
Jan 20, 2014 6:52 AM
Aug 2011
lupadim said:
Pretty good. Could have been better. I still don't buy the old man's excuse, and if I were Aladdin, I would have made many holes at the level 5 area, told everyone to get out, and their little city is dead for lack of mana/I forgot the name of their energy. After that, I just tell everyone what I saw, and most of the students would fight together. Or I could simply start flying and get the fuck out of there lol.

You make many holes at the level 5 area, you tell everyone to get out... and you see that no one want to get out. Everyone living in the fifth district could go out, go to an higher level district, but they don't because they prefer to live there, simply. If you live in the fifth district, you have everything you need to live, with the only real problem of feeling tired and die earlier, but still later than how much you would have lived in any other country as serfdom.

Sorry for any grammar error, english isn't my mother tongue.
Jan 20, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2011
Honestly, what the Old Man did to the Goi is understandable but he went about it the wrong way. Not all Goi are bad, yet they have to suffer because of the worthless piece of shits that are. (Hm sounds like the real world doesn't it?) If they want to give their Magoi away to have that kind of life, by all means, go right ahead. But to those who don't, they shouldn't have to be forced to live like that. He could just kick them out of his country if he hates them so bad. Also, if their district was nicer, I'm sure a bunch of fools would volunteer to be their guinea pigs. There should be a balance, but there clearly isn't.
Jan 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2008
Erzaa said:
But to those who don't, they shouldn't have to be forced to live like that.

They aren't forced.
Goi can live on the level 4 district which have very good condition for Goi, more than in most other country in Magi.

Children are forced to follow their parent's path but it's the same in every other country so it's not fair to blame only Magnostadt for that.
Jan 20, 2014 9:58 AM

Feb 2013
It's not like this story hasn't been told before, parallels to history, real life, and all, but still I love the way this was executed both in the manga and here. Most epic times ahead.

Also young Mogamett could get it.
Jan 20, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
This is the first episode in the whole series that made me anxious for the next episode. Someone please tell me, is the anime following the manga correctly? What's the chapter for this episode?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 20, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
Such a great episode. Especially the ending part.
I can empathise with the guy, and his Ideals are... well... I wonder what Aladin makes of this.
Jan 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2012
Bertock said:
lupadim said:

You make many holes at the level 5 area, you tell everyone to get out... and you see that no one want to get out. Everyone living in the fifth district could go out, go to an higher level district, but they don't because they prefer to live there, simply. If you live in the fifth district, you have everything you need to live, with the only real problem of feeling tired and die earlier, but still later than how much you would have lived in any other country as serfdom.

They don't have the option to get out. If they had, the guys from above wouldn't be killing them.
Jan 20, 2014 1:40 PM
Aug 2011
lupadim said:
Bertock said:
lupadim said:

They don't have the option to get out. If they had, the guys from above wouldn't be killing them.

They kill only those whose magoi as been almost totally sucked out.
Everything else was only caused by the fact that the guy with the hood is a dick.
Jan 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2012
IronLobster said:
Nope_ said:
Amazing episode.

What chapter was this?

This chapter covered 157 - 160.

Thank you, kind sir.
Jan 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Nov 2012
I feel like they shouldn't have gone into the 5th District like that to begin with. Yes, they were curious and yes, injustice was being done there, but they're living in a foreign country. As peculiar and immoral as another nation's practices may appear to you, that doesn't mean you insolently barge in with your idea of justice and impose new rules based upon your flimsy will. You have NO right (Edit: You have no right to do so)

Although the three of them may be young students- I expected them to know better. What did they think powered those magical tools? Didn't they ever wonder how people with little magoi could use such an array of magical devices and never become exhausted? Did Aladdin learn nothing from the case with the pirates' magical tools? This trio is laughably naive. Nevertheless, they act as though they deserve some sort of honorable medal for 'saving Marga'. They have the audacity speak out against the established jurisdictions of the nation's government with absolutely little to no knowledge about the history behind the district itself! How DARE they just stroll right in and start throwing a whiny fit because things aren't functioning according to their specific moral standards! How impertinent can you be to trash years of effort because in your head, it makes you the 'good guy'? Government is not a throwaway game you play whenever you feel like it, son. You'd have to be an impudent, self-centered brat to be able to so easily disregard the fundamentals of a society from which you benefit without even attempting to understand the reasons behind specific undertakings.

I realize Titus may be more emotionally unstable and possess personal reasons that lead him to cling onto Marga like a pet (him being Scheherazade's tool and all) and that Aladdin and Sphintus- as intelligent as they are- required some experience to serve as lessons for the future, but seriously, they have no idea how freaking LUCKY they are to get such lenience for their disrespect! If this had happened in any other powerful country of today, they'd be exiled at the very least.

Instead, they get a grand lecture from the head of Magnostadt himself. It was certainly moving and even convincing in some aspects- nevertheless, it is clear that not all 'goi' are greedy animals as the headmaster has labeled them as. It is possible for magicians and non-magicians to coexist, but the first step towards that will involve the eradication or updating of magic tools. I doubt that Mogamett would even consider that- in fact, he seems rather eager to go to war to prove his newly founded nation as indestructible. This ought to be an interesting moral clash for Aladdin and possibly Sphintus- though I doubt Titus will pay much attention to it seeing how disposable he feels already- so the next episode ought to have some interesting reflection.
SpiraiJan 20, 2014 2:51 PM
Jan 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
Spirai said:
I feel like they shouldn't have gone into the 5th District like that to begin with. Yes, they were curious and yes, injustice was being done there, but they're living in a foreign country. As peculiar and immoral as another nation's practices may appear to you, that doesn't mean you insolently barge in with your idea of justice and impose new rules based upon your flimsy will. You have NO right.

Although the three of them may be young students- I expected them to know better. What did they think powered those magical tools? Didn't they ever wonder how people with little magoi could use such an array of magical devices and never become exhausted? Did Aladdin learn nothing from the case with the pirates' magical tools? This trio is laughably naive. Nevertheless, they act as though they deserve some sort of honorable medal for 'saving Marga'. They have the audacity speak out against the established jurisdictions of the nation's government with absolutely little to no knowledge about the history behind the district itself! How DARE they just stroll right in and start throwing a whiny fit because things aren't functioning according to their specific moral standards! How impertinent can you be to trash years of effort because in your head, it makes you the 'good guy'? Government is not a throwaway game you play whenever you feel like it, son. You'd have to be an impudent, self-centered brat to be able to so easily disregard the fundamentals of a society from which you benefit without even attempting to understand the reasons behind specific undertakings.

I realize Titus may be more emotionally unstable and possess personal reasons that lead him to cling onto Marga like a pet (him being Scheherazade's tool and all) and that Aladdin and Sphintus- as intelligent as they are- required some experience to serve as lessons for the future, but seriously, they have no idea how freaking LUCKY they are to get such lenience for their disrespect! If this had happened in any other powerful country of today, they'd be exiled at the very least.

Instead, they get a grand lecture from the head of Magnostadt himself. It was certainly moving and even convincing in some aspects- nevertheless, it is clear that not all 'goi' are greedy animals as the headmaster has labeled them as. It is possible for magicians and non-magicians to coexist, but the first step towards that will involve the eradication or updating of magic tools. I doubt that Mogamett would even consider that- in fact, he seems rather eager to go to war to prove his newly founded nation as indestructible. This ought to be an interesting moral clash for Aladdin and possibly Sphintus- though I doubt Titus will pay much attention to it seeing how disposable he feels already- so the next episode ought to have some interesting reflection.

Do you know something called "principle"? Aladdin, Sphintus and Titus do, and have all the right to be against that stupid system.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 20, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
Guy has a valid reason doing what he did, but I still dont trust the dude...
Mallony said:
That ED song was really well matched with the speech, really enjoyed this episode!

Ditto.
Jan 20, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
pkKodama said:
Spirai said:
I feel like they shouldn't have gone into the 5th District like that to begin with. Yes, they were curious and yes, injustice was being done there, but they're living in a foreign country. As peculiar and immoral as another nation's practices may appear to you, that doesn't mean you insolently barge in with your idea of justice and impose new rules based upon your flimsy will. You have NO right.

Do you know something called "principle"? Aladdin, Sphintus and Titus do, and have all the right to be against that stupid system.

I never said they had to change their opinions and act as though they agreed with the system. I said they had no right to start rioting without knowing all the facts. It was idiotic for Titus to say he'd get all the people in the 5th District out when he didn't even KNOW that most of them CHOSE to be there. That's being unreasonable. Instead, if they had logically requested to hear the ideology lectures as insistently as he whined to have visiting rights to Marga- they would have gotten in the legal way. Even if they had been denied any legal way to get in, that doesn't mean they didn't try. Only then would I tolerate their breaking in and wrecking havoc on the place. Overall, I do realize this is an anime and the best way to intensify the plot line is to have our protagonists barge right in and struggle with their perspectives later, I'm just adding what I think isn't right onto there for those who think this may actually work in real life.
Jan 20, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
Shangetsu said:
Erzaa said:
But to those who don't, they shouldn't have to be forced to live like that.

They aren't forced.
Goi can live on the level 4 district which have very good condition for Goi, more than in most other country in Magi.

Children are forced to follow their parent's path but it's the same in every other country so it's not fair to blame only Magnostadt for that.

Actually, that's partly correct. Anyone who can't pay tax will automatically get thrown down into the 5th district. So getting to the 4th district isn't as easy as it may seem.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 21, 2014 8:58 AM

Mar 2010
IronLobster said:
Actually, that's partly correct. Anyone who can't pay tax will automatically get thrown down into the 5th district. So getting to the 4th district isn't as easy as it may seem.

If you work, you have the money to pay taxes. If you choose to be unemployed, you don't have money and go to 5th district, when you can eat, drink and f*ck for free. I have a feeling, that in manga this system was described better and it was obvious there, that only lazy bum's are in 5th district and they are free to go out of there. But they don't want to.

Seriously, I think Magnostadt's system is perfect system with just one flaw. They need to build schools in district 5th and give children from that schools magical tools that prevent them from Magoi loss until, let's see, 16yo, when they can decide to go outside, or to stay here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2013
good episode
Jan 21, 2014 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, that back story mad me sympathize for the old man but blaming every human for the faults of few is like blaming every magician for the faults of few and by doing what he did to those humans underground, he is at fault.
Jan 21, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2012
I can't wait for Aladdin to destroy all the shit

but of course he won't do that...

I have noticed that Aladdin didn't commit a single mistake yet. I mean, he didn't say a single wrong thing, he didn't do anything that can be considered "bad" or "evil". It is like if he was some kind of saint, or, a perfect person. Not sure if I like that... But if my theory is correct, then Aladdin will actually fight for the old man.

I still don't trust the old man. I mean, one of the most powerful wizards in the whole world, more than 80 years old, would open his heart for a bunch of students and reveal his true intentions? I think he is hiding a huge plan deep inside his heart. Aladdin is so naive.

And I still wonder about what is happening with Alibaba and Morgana. But thinking twice, I don't even want to see them. Their training is so boring (especially Morgana's one)
Jan 22, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2011
Feeling that Mogamett is just trying to brainwash the students in his "ideology lesson".
1st step in starting a war - Tell a very sad story that will make the magicians hate gois

Somehow I have a feeling that Aladdin might actually follow his ideals
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 22, 2014 11:39 AM
Sep 2009
He should just lock down those scums instead of innocent people
Jan 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
Damn what a way to weave a story, even I started to take his side. Mogamett has turned out to be an interesting character, he reminds me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass in the sense that he truly doesn't believe that what he does is wrong. That end scene with the nobles turning into swine and beast was just an incredible allusion to the reality that humanity is filled with those who lust for dominion over others and aim only to please their own base desires.
Jan 23, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2010
Minagatachi said:
Probably already one of my favorite villains in Magi.

Villain? I think that old man is a good guy doing the right thing by the wrong way , which neutralized the badness of him :P

He got his reason...poor old man..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.