Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2014 5:28 AM

Aug 2013
As a big Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh fan..I really loved this.
Can't wait for next episode.
Jan 10, 2014 5:40 AM

Jan 2009
Thoughts:
0:18 the start just bore me to death…

2:18 the music… felt like I was playing an rpg game (e.g. start of grandia 2)

23:55 yay ep1 ended!!!

---------------
Overall:
1. Didn't buy all those fight scenes. Wasn't good enough.

2. Those 'creatures' look like crap.

3. The first half was full of shit… I was just hoping this episode would just stop playing during the 2nd half

4. ED song was ok

5. Shimono Hiro's voice acting is excellent as ever (the guy who voiced Katsuragi, Kemia from 'The World God Only Knows')

6. Why do series with the 'Game' genre suck so much?

7. Voice acting & music are really good. For 1080p, the graphics aren't as great as the other 2014 1080p anime. Characters are super boring as well as the story. I'm definitely dropping this after episode 3. Watching ep1 was hell. Ep1: 2/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 10, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2008
Completely lost throughout the show. Feels like it's gonna be another Machine Doll kind of anime, as in they don't explain shit.
Jan 10, 2014 6:28 AM

Aug 2012
Failed to grasp my attention during most of the episode; I was literally spacing out. Meh, gonna try two or three more episodes.
Jan 10, 2014 6:34 AM

Mar 2012
So where is my strategic card battle?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 10, 2014 7:22 AM
Jan 2013
Geeez, why would they insert a flash back at the end?
Jan 10, 2014 8:25 AM
Mar 2012
Just realized this series has same director with Touka Gettan which is also somewhat confusing at first. Hopefully this series is going to paid off at the end as well.
Jan 10, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty interesting to hear Shimono Hiro with an accent.

Seemed like a fairly weak and boring first episode, but since it's only introducing the setting, I'll continue this for a few more episodes to see if it picks up and where it goes.
Jan 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
I didn't know what's happening in the first part of the ep, it was very confusing. Still, good thing they flash backed to when our main character got his monster/creature.
Lots of thing happening that I hope will be explained in future eps. Since it's only the start I'm going to give this anime a chance, 3/5.

Getting a pokemon vibe here. I choose you, Friete!
(Also I thought it's a card game anime! Where's the duels?)
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 10, 2014 3:48 PM
Jan 2011
melina_putri said:
This episode is much better than what I was expected.Though I wonder how many episodes this going to be.

skyUFO said:

(What's wrong with those characters laughing and saying silly stuff during death matches in some animes... damn kids shows)

How did you think this series is a kids show since this series is airing at 2 a.m in the midnight?

omega_d94 said:
So is it basically some card competition game, or monsters trying to take over the world?

This is posted on other thread:
Ex-Tio said:
The anime has absolutely NOTHING related with how the actual TCG is played. The setting pretty much sums up into creatures from 5 alternate futures invading the present world each fighting to control the future of present Earth. They are split into 5 worlds:

The Red World - Historical heroes, warriors, and legends
The Blue World - Advanced Tech, Mecha and naval forces
The White World - Celestial creatures, angels and beings of high order
The Black World - Demons, dark beings, devils
The Green World - Plants, parasites, nature

Pretty much its a world wide war between these creatures and the humans cooperate with these creatures to fight against other opposing creatures for the sake of their future.

That's some useful info.
Jan 10, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
It was alright at best.
Could get worse.
Jan 10, 2014 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
A very nice start whole world dragged into a card fight
Jan 10, 2014 7:05 PM

Apr 2011
I'm rather enjoying it, I wasn't particularly excited about the card game aspect of it but it seems fine thematically (I haven't played the game, but it reminds me of Magic: The Gathering with the 5 color worlds). The action looks like it should be excellent if a little confusing with 5 sides fighting each other. Presumably the White World are the good guys? Or will it end up with humanity against all five worlds? It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Def sticking with it for now and will most likely finish it.
Jan 10, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
It was a okay episode but sofusing I can't understand what's happening around :< , so MC has a fear of height :>

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 11, 2014 12:59 AM

Jun 2013
It was below average. I was not paying attention at all. The animation was okay. Story was pretty lame , the epilogue made me think that it's Zetsuen no Tempest-ish. But nope , I regret thinking of it. The only thing I've liked so far is the scene where the panther called the nineteen having flat chest. Nothing much , didn't pique my interest. Might be watching this for another few episodes and drop it.

parfaited said:

The BlazBlue of the season, might drop since I barely payed attention.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 11, 2014 2:11 AM

Dec 2009
This show didn't give me that 'good' vibe. Not a good start, for me.
Though, part of me want still to know how those Black Points came and something about "Color" Worlds. This anime have sort of potential. So I will still watch the next episode.
Jan 11, 2014 2:25 AM

Dec 2007
LOL. Wow, I liked this quite a bit more than literally everyone else here. Still, most of you are people who only watched the first episode, have shown up to post your obligatory "dropped" post, and you're out now. Hopefully from here on the discussion threads will be less down on a fun series.

And it was fun. It had some pacing problems, but I liked all the different worlds and even the main character wasn't as bad as some people were complaining about. A bit of an idiot, but I like Idiot Heroes.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 11, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:
this show is garbage. and i agree with everythign parfaited said.

dropped

ditto
Jan 11, 2014 6:01 AM

Dec 2011
Why is this happening?

At first it seemed so ridiculous that I couldn't see this as anything other than a comedy. Then it just became outright confusing, until eventually, by the end of this first episode I found myself caring and being generally interested in what happens.

Even though I still don't understand most things.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 11, 2014 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
i didnt understand any thing
they didnt explain how the people control these monsters.
Jan 11, 2014 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
It is true that this anime seems to cater more to the TCG fans,
but I thought this was supposed to advertise for it, just like how DeSu2 was for the 3ds version of the game.
Jan 11, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2010
I can't help but laugh on how bad this adaptation is. Nothing was explained and I didn't understand a single shit. Is this some kind of Pokemon anime???

To think that Hiyocchi is singing the opening of this. What a waste. Guess I will be dropping this.
Jan 11, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
This felt like mix of several different titles - and not a good one. I don't think I am going to give this another shot, there was nothing to hook me up. I guess TCG is more interesting than this.

And that strange girl in preview... doesn't she look like Reimu?
Jan 11, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2013
I'm liking it so far, definitely more than Devil Survivor 2, cool designs, though the MC is kinda annoying. Don't know why they showed a part from the distant future first, then went back to explain stuff, but it works.

Also, I don't see why people are having a hard time following/understanding what's happening. Basically, Black Points appear, Z/X come out of them and attack, people capture Z/X with that card to defend from other worlds, guy with a OP Z/X on a horse tries to conquer.
They usually don't explain everything in the first episode guys.
Jan 12, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
That flash forward was unnecessary, it didn't really do its job of hyping me for the eventual encounter. They might as well have started from the beginning.

Some elements of this reminded me of mainline SMT, too bad it's shit. I don't think this will improve later on but hey it has Miyuki Sawashiro, might as well watch it to the end.
minescopeJan 12, 2014 3:36 AM
Jan 12, 2014 2:51 AM

Apr 2012
minescope said:
That flash forward was unnecessary, it didn't really do its job of hyping me for the eventual encounter. They might as well have started from the beginning.

If they wanted to show some action, a few minutes (maybe like what GIrls Und Panzer did) would be nice. Instead they dragged the flash forward through half of the ep, so half of the time I have no idea what's happening...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 12, 2014 8:09 AM

Dec 2008
It disappointed me a little - I couldn't make myself pay attention to fights it bored me a little, but still will give a change next episodes.
Jan 12, 2014 5:46 PM

Feb 2013
The music was nice. Decent action.

I enjoyed all that action up front... but since they did a flash-back at the end of the episode... I now have my doubts about this show. We're probably going to build back up to the opening sequence through the series (a bad move).
Jan 12, 2014 11:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
SageShinigami said:

And it was fun. It had some pacing problems, but I liked all the different worlds and even the main character wasn't as bad as some people were complaining about. A bit of an idiot, but I like Idiot Heroes.

Each person has different tastes and opinions but this one is more on the lower end of things....

Interesting because I already forgot about who the MC was. Seriously I'm not joking and I only watched this series last week. That's how much of attention this series managed to get me. I was entirely distracted during the whole episodes because it was really random and generic. I would watch an episode of YGO Zexal or Cardfight Vanguard over this....

For now I've put it in the dropped list. I might still try another episode as a last chance to see if it's actually going to go anywhere or not....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 13, 2014 7:49 AM

May 2012
Good 1st episode. It is way better than overrated devil survivor 2 so far
Jan 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
wasn't what i was expecting :L i wanted a CARD GAME dammit

also they calling all the monsters zex + a place named kobe
clearly the writer for this has no naming sense at all LOL wtf

it was okay i guess but wanted it to be more like yugioh :( oh well
Jan 14, 2014 3:47 AM
Feb 2013
Total meh.
Dat Gasai Yuno haircut on the male character.
http://i.imgur.com/HQ2jPjK.png
kcuf
Jan 14, 2014 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
meh, dropped.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 15, 2014 3:10 AM

Mar 2013
I dont really get whats going on and im not a fan of the whole card thing. Looks like it MIGHT be promising, have to wait and see
Jan 16, 2014 8:25 PM

Aug 2013
Tbh, this wasn't bad; it was just extremely mediocre. Nothing that really stands out.

However, I still give it a chance. I like the idea of humans using monster-partners to fight each other.
Jan 17, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
Tbh, this wasn't bad; it was just extremely mediocre. Nothing that really stands out.

However, I still give it a chance. I like the idea of humans using monster-partners to fight each other.

Too bad its not an original idea haha
Jan 18, 2014 9:19 PM

Mar 2009
Okay start, but was really hoping for a card battle show.

I like the character/monster designs. I'm wondering though, is this show airing in SD b/c CR's upscale is super grainy. Idk, maybe that's what they were going for?

The plot is all over the place, and the pacing is spotty.

I was like wtf? The mc just decides he's going to stop this whole invading army himself? Why wouldn't the whole army just attack him instead of the knight? lol

It seems to have some great potential, but they'll have to explain some things and pick up the pace.

Will give it another episode, then decide.

3/5

Urahara Out!!
Jan 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2011
It started out pretty bad, I disliked it because of all the girls, and when the male MC appeared, my dislike for the series increases, because it seems like those shitty 1 male others female show, but later on I came to like the MC, maybe because I am biased, but I just love kansai-ben, and I like his attitude, and I like how the director directs this episode, and I also liked all those classic way of speaking ^^
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 26, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2012
21:09 dat fallen angel

5/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Feb 4, 2014 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
The beginning with the war between dimensions was really cool, but then it switches to kids battling with monsters they control with cards. WTF? Dropped after 6 minutes, new record.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 9, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
I didn't understand anything. A prologue for a few minutes, then the present showing WTF-is-this-who-is-really-the-main-character-this-is-so-stupid, then ending with a flashback. Seriously?

On-hold until it gets famous or something.

Feb 14, 2014 12:45 AM

Jan 2008
I dont know why everyone is so hateful toward this anime so far I wont sit here n say that it was a great opening anime but I can sit here n say that I have seen worse like Honaka so open ur mind to new ideas or just new anime but bc the first episode wasnt what u were looking for doesnt mean it wont get better but it is up to everyone else what they want to do about this for me

I will continue watching it it has good graphics and it has a interesting storyline but I am also open minded so I will continue n be thinking "it could always get better"
Mar 3, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2011
I'm confused, but I like it.
Mar 31, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2010
MelbShaw said:

Kodomo_R said:
GOD DAMN IT! I'm so disappointed from this anime.
I was expecting so much. I wanted to see a card game, not a digimon-ish anime.
This is like Devil Survivor 2 ...BUT WORSE.
I know it might have been good even without the gameplay of the TCG, but it isn't.
The battles seem pretty boring, nothing special about them.

I know I'm bashing it too much, but I was expecting something much MUCH better and then this slapped me in the face.

it's a card game, what do you expect? lol..

Well I don't know, maybe .... some CARDS and a GAME.
Apr 4, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2008
This exceeded my low expectations. Immeasurably more entertaining than Devil Survivor. Will watch for Sawashiro, as well as the historical and mecha creatures.
May 14, 2014 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
So.. the plot is quite interesting. Chaarcters are pretty and likable, though there were too many of them in the first episode so it was hard for me to keep track of al of them. Animation is ok and music was very good. Will keep watching. 4/5 for this ep
Aug 15, 2014 9:32 AM

Jan 2012
lol @ "sex ignition" pronunciation..

strong name marketing
Aug 14, 2015 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
There are way too many shows now that have really poor first episodes, you would think they would want to make a good first impression.
Sep 24, 2019 2:39 AM
Mar 2018
It looks promising but the MC is a bit over the top for my taste. I loved the ending theme song though.
Jul 10, 2022 9:05 AM

Jun 2016
The exposition intro and the following scenes didn't quite add up. We go from an on-slaught of enemy monster beings to a sort of faction war, battled through coloured cards. I'm hoping there will be an explanation for this.

Give a raise to whoever came up with the name "Zillions of enemy X", Z/X for short, like lmao.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

27 by Cero98 »»
Apr 15, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2014

23 by Cero98 »»
Apr 15, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

28 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 15, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

59 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 15, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Ignition Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2014

31 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 14, 2023 12:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.