Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2009 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
man that was freakin intense. im like shaking and my tears were just gushing out.
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Mar 12, 2009 9:04 PM

Apr 2008
paskyx said:
man that was freakin intense. im like shaking and my tears were just gushing out.

OMG, my reaction was about the same!!! TT3TT Such an intense episode. I WANT SUBS! TT-TT
Mar 12, 2009 9:24 PM

Jul 2007
Was it just me or did Taiga's voice sound a little off key?

In either case, it appears the show is expressing some strong friendship bonds. I really wasn't expecting a scene that was so over the top. It even went further than Sumire's, but I couldn't get into it so much this time. (I suppose because I'm more of a romantic type, I don't so much like the idea of giving up love for friendship as admirable as it may be.)
asandariMar 12, 2009 9:27 PM
Mar 12, 2009 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
taiga in ponitails with maid outfit.....too much
the classroom scene was just too great , to think that they would force takasu to accept taiga`s feelings like that was amazing
cant wait for subs^_^
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 12, 2009 9:53 PM

Apr 2007
OH MY GOD!

waahh, that was amazing! taiga x ryuuji GOGOGO!!!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 12, 2009 9:55 PM
Oct 2007
Maybe I haven't noticed, but has the animation always been this bad? Seems to be getting worse by the episode
Mar 12, 2009 9:59 PM

Dec 2008
Chiperdada said:
i am more furious than that of 1000 suns. I HATE the direction this show is going.

yea i kinda get that feeling too.
Mar 12, 2009 10:13 PM

Jul 2008
Ami is badass as the tragic heroine as always. Minori~n actually impressed me for once. Of course Taiga and Ryuuji are stupid as always.
Mar 12, 2009 10:20 PM

Feb 2008
Damned cliffhangers.

Well RyuujixTaiga was so obvious from the start, but this show is still amazing. I can't wait for the next episode.

Minorin scared me a little.

RxT all the way.
Mar 12, 2009 10:21 PM

Aug 2007
Cliffhanger no!!! Is it thursday yet? T_T I got way too emotionally involved in this ep....
Mar 12, 2009 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
I am depressed. This show kills me dead. I am waaaaaaaaay to attached to these characters.

BEGINNER
Mar 12, 2009 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:
the classroom scene was great even though TxR is not my ideal pairing. Seriously, Toradora has put out some amazing shit. No doubt that this was one of the best. Though it saddens me when I have to here Ami talk about how it's impossible for her.

1000% agree.

amixryuuji is my favorite pairing.
tho this pairing was done well even tho i was biased against it. so props to that.
Mar 12, 2009 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
hackysack07 said:
Ami is badass as the tragic heroine as always. Minori~n actually impressed me for once. Of course Taiga and Ryuuji are stupid as always.

I agree with Ryuuji's stupidity, it's like fingernails scratching a chalkboard. However, Ami takes the woe is me route is what she deserves. With her cryptic fortune cookie talk she always has with Ryuuji which is also way past old. She knows how dense he is, she might have had a chance early on if her pride wasn't as big as the moon... Ah well killed the time nicely and CG's rocked for subbing it so fast...
Mar 12, 2009 10:30 PM
Jun 2007
Minorin's scaring me. Scary yandere..
Mar 12, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
That ending classroom scene was heartwrenching =/ It was actually acted out quite nicely, I couldn't be happier. I've gotta say it's a shame for Ami and Minorin though, I actually gained a lot of respect(despite cheering for her) for Minori in that final scene. It seems to be another classic "everyone knows but you" moment. It's a shame this is coming to an end, and now we're going to see their bonds truly tested. Who will break?

Oh, and Ami foot. FFFFFFFFFF

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 12, 2009 10:42 PM

Sep 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
This is just confusing me. Minorin likes Ryuuji but then she forces Taiga to admit she likes him right in front of him. And Ami, who also likes Ryuuji helps! But the thing is even though Minorin knows Taiga needs him, Ami wanted Ryuuji for herself. And doesn't anyone ask Ryuuji how he feels until the very end? Why would Minorin not even ask if he really likes her or if he really likes Taiga? Otherwise, it's just awkward. I guess I'll wait for the subs to see if I missed anything, but this was kind of awkward. And it seemed like a episode before last kind of episode. Not episode before two more.

/me sighs

Minori and Ami both know that the one Ryuuji really likes is Taiga so they just buried their own chances to help RyuujixTaiga succeed. Taiga on the other hand, wants Ryuuji to end up with Minori so she hid her own feelings until Minori confronted her.
Mar 12, 2009 10:45 PM

Jul 2008
Loved the scene between Ami and Ryuuji. Shoe fetish, lol.
It was touching to hear Ami admit she understood Taiga's pain. And her thoughts on leaving/staying with the gang. ;__;

Really, the way all three girls acted this ep. made me gain some respect for all of them. Kitamura too. Just wish Taiga could stop running away from her emotions. Chase after her, Ryuuuji!

Now for another week's worth of waiting. D:
Mar 12, 2009 10:50 PM

Aug 2008
Is it just me, or did this episode feel way too short? Whatever, I'm more interested in seeing how Taiga and Ryuugi's decision regarding college turns out rather than their romantic struggles.
GreorgyMar 12, 2009 11:06 PM
Mar 12, 2009 11:02 PM

Nov 2007
Minori surprised me at the end, I understand why she would make that face, but why is she saying what ami was saying earlier on? After re-watching that scene, it seems that Minori and Taiga was doing what they do for each other. They didn't want the other one to get hurt, so they support the other one.

Man, I love the cliff hanger, although everybody knows what will really happen~

This episode was so intense... I cried, for the second time in this anime. The first time was when Kanou and taiga was fighting~

Mar 12, 2009 11:04 PM

Jan 2008
Gotta love the twin tails.

Wow, that was a pretty heated get together. Thought Minorin was gonna kill someone. O.O
Mar 12, 2009 11:09 PM

Dec 2008
if ami didnt talk in code all the time it would be ami x ryuji ending and everyone would be happy =)
Mar 12, 2009 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
bout fucking time
Mar 12, 2009 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
Syllen said:
if ami didnt talk in code all the time it would be ami x ryuji ending and everyone would be happy =)

Agreed. Ami shouldn't talk in code, although I wish it would be Minroi x Ryuuji.

Mar 12, 2009 11:20 PM
Mar 2008
I really still don't see what the big draw is for Ami. All she has done THIS ENTIRE ANIME is make some snide comments here and there. And besides that, she hasn't done much of anything.

Besides that, i'm pretty disappointed that this anime is probably going to end with a last minute coupling, and then a 1-3 minute after final event summary in the final episode.

I really wish i could find a anime that would contain this in the middle, and then have the rest be them as a couple.
Mar 12, 2009 11:26 PM

Feb 2009
This ep was pretty awesome, more ami time in the episode which was a plus. I was always for a Ami X Ryuuji or Taiga X Ryuuji. But it looks obvious as to which pair will be in the end.

Only 2 more eps, sadzor :(

Mar 12, 2009 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
Fuck, this episode nailed in Ryuuji x Taiga. Stupid JC Staff kept teasing us with the possibility of getting a Minori happy end and finally went ahead and dream crushed it.

Mar 12, 2009 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Bladin said:
I really still don't see what the big draw is for Ami. All she has done THIS ENTIRE ANIME is make some snide comments here and there. And besides that, she hasn't done much of anything.

Besides that, i'm pretty disappointed that this anime is probably going to end with a last minute coupling, and then a 1-3 minute after final event summary in the final episode.

I really wish i could find a anime that would contain this in the middle, and then have the rest be them as a couple.

LoveCom is that to a tee. Though I see you've already watched it. :D

BEGINNER
Mar 12, 2009 11:38 PM

Sep 2008
stupid script writers, they are going for ryuji x taiga. (though the somehow still are doing it amazingly well) but really they should have developed it from the start rarther the minron x ryuji for like 21eps because thats just bad writing, seriously. but gah im annoyed, would still love a minorin ending though....

oh and LOL HARUTA HAS A GF??
Mar 12, 2009 11:40 PM
Dec 2008
velcom said:
stupid script writers, they are going for ryuji x taiga. (though the somehow still are doing it amazingly well) but really they should have developed it from the start rarther the minron x ryuji for like 21eps because thats just bad writing, seriously. but gah im annoyed, would still love a minorin ending though....

..It's called "Toradora" for a reason, it has ALWAYS been Ryuuji x Taiga.

x.x
Mar 12, 2009 11:45 PM

Sep 2008
Yuruku said:
velcom said:

x.x

really hasen't been, why else would they develop a 'different' romance for 21episodes. taiga only just realised then. its stupid, usually with these kind of shows almost everyone wants the 2 main people to end up toegther but this show has been much more split mainly cause they haven't even been making a romance between them most of the series. taiga and ryuji have come of as extremely close friends on maybey a brother and sister level for the whole series.
Mar 13, 2009 12:01 AM

Feb 2009
I still want my Ami x Minorin ending.

Seriously though, great episode. Especially loved the career assessment paper airplane at the beginning. I've wanted to do the same thing with similar paperwork.

The drama was perfect, the development was a perfect pace and I just all around enjoyed the whole thing. The last scene was pretty damn epic too.
Vicky-samaMar 13, 2009 12:15 AM
Mar 13, 2009 12:02 AM

Jun 2008
I think you guys are underestimating this show. It's not going to have a last minute coupling (that's badly done anyway)...I know a lot of animes do, but Toradora is above that, which is demonstrated throughout by the excellent writing/direction/everything else as well as the very not cliche...almost everything. Have a little more faith in it. I don't know what they're going to do, but it'll be good, unless this isn't suiting your tastes in which case blah.
Mar 13, 2009 12:31 AM
Nov 2008
Truly an epic episode! Kinda makes me sad though. Toradora is ending really soon, and so is After Story. What will be left to watch after they end!?
Mar 13, 2009 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
velcom said:
Yuruku said:
velcom said:

x.x
really hasen't been, why else would they develop a 'different' romance for 21episodes. taiga only just realised then. its stupid, usually with these kind of shows almost everyone wants the 2 main people to end up toegther but this show has been much more split mainly cause they haven't even been making a romance between them most of the series. taiga and ryuji have come of as extremely close friends on maybey a brother and sister level for the whole series.
Were we watching the same show? While there was always a chance for the other girls, the story always was, and always will be about the relationship that Taiga and Ryuuji share, and how they grow to depend on one another from what began as a simple friendship and the among the oddest of situations.

In other news!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 13, 2009 12:55 AM

Jun 2008
Kamadaki said:
Well, it was to be expected.

I mean honestly, past all the hopeful thinking, did anyone really think that it was going to be anything BUT Taiga and Ryuuji?

The show IS called TORA (jap for tiger) DORA (katakana for dragon is ドラゴン, or in romaji [bold]DO-RA[/bold]-GO-N).

So come on, this show had one destiny from the very beginning. lol

I still wish for Minori x Ryuuji though... :[ haha

Minorin x Ryuuji seems much better personality wise to me aswell. However, this is such a well done series that even though i don't supposrt it as much i think they'll pull off the ending beautifully with Taiga x Ryuuji., weather or not i like this pairing.
Mar 13, 2009 12:56 AM

Mar 2009
I liked this episode a lot, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Taiga. I mean, she's a pretty good character, but I really don't like the way the plot is going. That last scene was pretty damn intense and its going to kill me a week to wait for the next episode, but its not like there's any real suspense about what's going to happen anyway.
Mar 13, 2009 12:59 AM
Feb 2009
Yeah, I think that anybody who thought the show was headed for M x R was deluding themselves.

Also, the final scene of this ep. was frickin' intense. The general concept behind this show is pretty generic, but I think they have done a great job making you care about the characters and so the story bears so much weight as a result. Good stuff.
Mar 13, 2009 1:00 AM

Sep 2008
The last scene in this episode was probably the best scene so far in the series. I was getting worried about the slowness of the ep in the first half, but in the last half was just a drama explosion. This show never ceases to overthrow my expectations. During the beginning, it seemed like a really dumb show, then it started to grow on me, and now its just ridiculous in its intensity. Love it.
Mar 13, 2009 1:13 AM

Feb 2008
I dunno, nothing really surprised me or anything. I almost rolled my eyes at how overly-dramatic the last scene was, though.
Mar 13, 2009 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
It was overly dramatic, but I thought it was done correctly, unlike most other over dramatic scenes out there.
Mar 13, 2009 1:50 AM

Jan 2009
Minorin is a yangire i tell ya.

It's pretty dramatic, but it's pretty good. I can't wait what goin' to happen in the next episode
Mar 13, 2009 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
OMG screw Minorin >< why did she had to say all that bullsh*t??? couldn't she keep quit?? she was my favorite character in this serie up untill now but man that sucked... I hate people medling in other peoples life...It would have been better for everyone a ryujiixKushieda or RyujiixAmi taiga should have stayed with Kitamura....

I hope it get's better in the next 2 episodes cuz this sux...

Mar 13, 2009 2:18 AM

Aug 2008
Wow! I thought the scene with Ryuuji+Taiga at night on the streets will be the big moment of the ep, but as always, it got pretty intense in the end. Actually, Minorin scared the s**t out of me..

Oh I can't wait to see how things will turn out!
Mar 13, 2009 2:19 AM

May 2008
Kamadaki said:

At the beginning I thought it was a show about their interactions while helping each other : a RxT ending was so previsible it didn't make sense in a story where most of the previsible events were avoided or played with.
I feel like I've been fooled into believing in an original ending only to be deceived near the end.
It's frustrating.

As far as I'm concerned, if there's a good ending I'll be really pissed off.
Mar 13, 2009 2:21 AM
Mar 2008
Ruzgfpegk said:
Kamadaki said:

At the beginning I thought it was a show about their interactions while helping each other : a RxT ending was so previsible it didn't make sense in a story where most of the previsible events were avoided or played with.
I feel like I've been fooled into believing in an original ending only to be deceived near the end.
It's frustrating.

As far as I'm concerned, if there's a good ending I'll be really pissed off.

From the name of the series, and from the description of it. And after watching the first few episodes. I thought it was pretty obvious it was gonna be TxR. From the very getgo it's been flat out obvious. After all how many animes have you seen where the 2 main(male and a female) help each other out, and DO NOT wind up together.

maybe 2 out of 200?
Mar 13, 2009 2:45 AM

May 2008
Bladin said:
maybe 2 out of 200?

That's why I hoped this one would be among the few.
Mar 13, 2009 3:17 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Amazing. A bit of everything. Taiga's outfit for selling chocolate was cute.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 13, 2009 3:21 AM

Aug 2007
Man, I just love Ami, and was always supporting her even though I knew it would never happen. After this episode I just love her even more because of my foot fetish. Why didn't she just come straight out with it. What idiot doesn't want to date a model?
Mar 13, 2009 3:24 AM

Nov 2007
That last confrontation scene was just awesome best scene in the episode, great to see some closure taking place in these last few episodes.
Mar 13, 2009 3:26 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
finally. i'm ready for this to be over. going to miss it when it's gone though i think.
p r o f i l e 👀
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.