Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2013 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Please use a separate thread for discussing the Visual Novel.
Also, don't spam in this thread. This includes chatting and posting anything unrelevant to the episode. For a full definition of spam see the Site & Forum Guidelines.

----------------------------------------
Mini Kengo <333

Dem memories and suffering. Poor Kengo, he didn't make that shot in the rain. ;.;. I really liked the OST of this episode and Kengo's efforts. Oh shit, he got striked out by Rin. What an epic pitch.
LunaNov 30, 2013 8:58 AM
Nov 30, 2013 3:57 AM

Apr 2012
Ep10->そして俺は繰り返す

I will wait for the himado version since that at justintv was too laggy to watch.
Not sure if I like this episode yet but at least it was okay from the live stream.

Mod Edit: Please use a separate thread for discussing VN stuff.
LunaNov 30, 2013 9:08 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Nov 30, 2013 4:37 AM

Dec 2012
I quite liked this episode. I actually got quite emotional near the end, which was hard for even the VN to do in this moment, so I like that. I feel this episode was adapted decently, especially as they only had an episode to do so. It actually fit quite well into an episode from what I can see.

I'll wait until they sub it to have a final opinion. But yay, Kengo.
Nov 30, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2011
Rin has so much more personality. :o I really like that. Animation was also pretty consistent this time around. They sure threw many stuff at us this episode...

But the more they use that ending song the less it's going to be emotional... o_o;
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Nov 30, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2012
OLHearts said:
Rin has so much more personality. :o I really like that. Animation was also pretty consistent this time around. They sure threw many stuff at us this episode...

But the more they use that ending song the less it's going to be emotional... o_o;

Just wait. Watch them use a brand new song for episode 12 by Rita or something~
Nov 30, 2013 5:45 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked this episode.
Out of the original LB!, Kengo truly is the most child-like.
dizzyworld2Nov 30, 2013 6:18 AM
Nov 30, 2013 6:39 AM

Apr 2008
My feels are not ready for the next remaining episodes! :'X

Meanwhile, there's so many blatant hints being thrown around! ><
Nov 30, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2012
Guys keep your visual novel discussions in the other thread please.
Also keep your visual novel spoilers in the other thread.

We are discussing the best man here.
and the best episode.
Nov 30, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2013
This was a good episode. Epic last pitch by Rin. I feel for Kengo crying at the end.

What happened to Kyousuke at the end? Looked like he got beaten up really bad.
Nov 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Dem FEEEEEELS T_T

To tell the truth I wasn't ready for the emotions this episode had in store. I found it more emotional than the VN tbh T^T...too much onion cutting around everytime I hear Song for Friends ;_;

Dat Baseball match was perfect!!! Riki was friggin BA!! "I AM LBs LEADER!!!" Like a BOSS!!! :D

Rin growing up so quickly and her memories of Komari and the others :*(...Dat last pitch was friggin EPIC!!!

Loved how Masato was acting all cool this ep after realizing that Riki and Rin have grown strong enough to be independent :)...He had no doubts about them winning at all ^^

Kengo's flash back was so nice with Kyousuke being BOSS as usual. And him wanting to protect Riki and Rin just to get mind fucked by how strong they really were. His crying at the end was really emotional ;_;

And Kyousuke is totally broken in that scene when Kengo was talking to him. Can't wait for his part nxt >.<

But, HOLY SHIT!! WHAT'S WITH THE BLATANT FORESHADOWING WITH KYOUSUKE AT THE END O_O!!

Gotta admit, It made it even more emotional though and the timing for it was perfect with his smile and tear. But I'm not sure if they should have revealed that this quickly O_o?

Bravo JC!! I was gonna prepare the tissues for nxt ep so this ep making me tear up took me by surprise hehe. I am stunned at how good it was :D.
Nov 30, 2013 7:48 AM

May 2012
babymilo91 said:
This was a good episode. Epic last pitch by Rin. I feel for Kengo crying at the end.

What happened to Kyousuke at the end? Looked like he got beaten up really bad.

Spoilers Kengo almost killed Kyousuke for fucking with him on previous world reset and it was off camera <--- Not a spoiler a big joke
planetarianNov 30, 2013 9:43 AM
Nov 30, 2013 7:51 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I liked Kengo in this epi but I still don't get why this is happening. He knows about the other world and tries to protect him from the things that hurt him there? But Kyousuke had created all the mess back then, so... take him out of the picture (and he is out of the picture, he has become almost literally one with the wall in his room) and everyone should be ok /o\ Being a bitch and avoiding them, doesn't rly do much, Kengo!

I still can't get what the series is doing so mehh. I can't care for the individual episodes if I feel something big is missing /o\ I'd like this episode muuuch better if I just knew xD
Nov 30, 2013 7:55 AM

May 2012
I actually liked this epi better than masato's
one major problem still is: TOO MANY F*CKIN' HINTS >__<

too bad the didn't adapt rin and lawrence XD
beep
Nov 30, 2013 7:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lot better than Masato's ep I have to say, kinda touched me at the end (bit too much foreshadowing though don't you think?)

I constantly feel reminded that it was a while since I played the VN, but maybe that's a good thing
Nov 30, 2013 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Maffy said:
I liked Kengo in this epi but I still don't get why this is happening. He knows about the other world and tries to protect him from the things that hurt him there? But Kyousuke had created all the mess back then, so... take him out of the picture (and he is out of the picture, he has become almost literally one with the wall in his room) and everyone should be ok /o Being a bitch and avoiding them, doesn't rly do much, Kengo!

I still can't get what the series is doing so mehh. I can't care for the individual episodes if I feel something big is missing /o I'd like this episode muuuch better if I just knew xD

But is he REALLY out of the picture?

(Also, the problem for Kengo is that Riki's trying to do what Kyousuke did before and he doesn't like that. He seems to know that Riki reforming the Little Busters will just end badly so he's trying his very best to stop it all.)
TakeMeInYourArmyNov 30, 2013 7:59 AM
Nov 30, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
Episode mainly focus on Kengo, still it was a great episode just like Masato's story. I got tear jerking when Kengo is back from the, but wonder what happen to Kyousuke at the end...

Nov 30, 2013 8:06 AM

Jan 2011
Maffy said:
I liked Kengo in this epi but I still don't get why this is happening. He knows about the other world and tries to protect him from the things that hurt him there? But Kyousuke had created all the mess back then, so... take him out of the picture (and he is out of the picture, he has become almost literally one with the wall in his room) and everyone should be ok /o Being a bitch and avoiding them, doesn't rly do much, Kengo!

I still can't get what the series is doing so mehh. I can't care for the individual episodes if I feel something big is missing /o I'd like this episode muuuch better if I just knew xD

That's because there is a secret in the world. Your patience will be rewarded.
Nov 30, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2011
Maffy said:

Yeah I'm so curious too. I hope it is worth all the hype.
Nov 30, 2013 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
Really good. Can't even complain really. I think the rest of the show will be really good as well so yayyy.
Nov 30, 2013 8:26 AM
Jun 2013
That was very good episode in my opinion. The end wasn't as tear-jerking as in the VN but it was still more than okay. Also, I really liked Masato during this episode. I didn't see those twenty minuts pass at all and I would have hope a longer flashback, Masato's was definitly better.
As said before, too much hints on the secret but most of the people should have figure dout what happened by now. I thought it wasn't as good as Masato's episode to me, but really near to it. Maybe my mind will change when I'll rewatch it.
Nov 30, 2013 8:32 AM

Dec 2012
The episode was good. Finally found out what really happened on the cheap trick. Riki realize that Kengo's hand was fine. They played baseball. When Riki said "I'm the Little Busters leader" and hit a home run was epic. And Rin remembering
with other little busters members was good too.

Mod Edit: Removed discussion about stuff beyond the episode.
IshkotenNov 30, 2013 11:55 AM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Nov 30, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
Ol-Hybrius said:
That was very good episode in my opinion. The end wasn't as tear-jerking as in the VN but it was still more than okay. Also, I really liked Masato during this episode. I didn't see those twenty minuts pass at all and I would have hope a longer flashback, Masato's was definitly better.
As said before, too much hints on the secret but most of the people should have figure dout what happened by now. I thought it wasn't as good as Masato's episode to me, but really near to it. Maybe my mind will change when I'll rewatch it.

I think it was better than the Masato episode actually. Kengo's character in this episode is absolutely fantastic. This episode is intertwined with fantastic internal conflicts, character conflicts, mysteries and heavy plot. Not only that, but it's doing so much. Look at that baseball game. It made Rin a much better character than she was in the VN, made Kengo's character so much clearer, showed Riki's growth and even showed off Masato's new, calm, wise personality while returning him back to his seat of neutrality. It was a fantastic episode and I hope the next 4 will be even better, especially as, imo, those were the best parts of the entire VN and what made it so fantastic for me. Now begins, the true ride :D
Nov 30, 2013 8:43 AM
Jun 2013
Seano299 said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

I think it was better than the Masato episode actually. Kengo's character in this episode is absolutely fantastic. This episode is intertwined with fantastic internal conflicts, character conflicts, mysteries and heavy plot. Not only that, but it's doing so much. Look at that baseball game. It made Rin a much better character than she was in the VN, made Kengo's character so much clearer, showed Riki's growth and even showed off Masato's new, calm, wise personality while returning him back to his seat of neutrality. It was a fantastic episode and I hope the next 4 will be even better, especially as, imo, those were the best parts of the entire VN and what made it so fantastic for me. Now begins, the true ride :D

Yeah, they did a great job with the characters, especially Riki and Masato. Rin's remembrance of the girl was a strong moment too, but the ending lacked an impact in my opinion, as did the too short flashback. Also, Song for Friends sounded somewhat strange to me. It was quite good in the last episode, but this time, Little Melody really should have been preserved. Anyway, when Refrain Subs will make their version out, I'll rewatch it once, maybe twice and perhaps change my mind, I don't know.
Nov 30, 2013 8:48 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was brilliant I can say. Loved it :P It made me tear up a couple of times~ Man, dat Kawaii Rin. Riki acting all mucho was the highlight. Kengo crying made me tear up aswell QQ!

Episode was good.. Animation was good :)

Was that spoilers? O.o say what now .__.
DeathyZANov 30, 2013 9:12 AM
Nov 30, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2012
VN READERS NO HINTS PLS.

So much foreshadowing. Also Kengo's episode was the most that made me want to cry ;-;.

dat faraway tho. why
ExboNov 30, 2013 9:03 AM
Nov 30, 2013 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
The background music was very well placed in this episode, all the feels!
Nov 30, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2012
actually kengo part was my second favorite in LB! glad it done well...

Nov 30, 2013 9:21 AM

Apr 2012
I don't care what anyone says about foreshadowing, CG's, objective opinions (lol), whatever, that one was damn good episode.

I didn't feel a darn thing playing the entire visual novel at any point, but I had to legitimately hold back the tears for this. Fucking well done, J.C.

Fucking.Well.Done.
AndyRayyNov 30, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 30, 2013 9:24 AM

Jun 2013
Mocha96 said:
Maffy said:

Yeah I'm so curious too. I hope it is worth all the hype.

Trust me your patience in this will be rewarded, it is one of the most beautiful things ever created! :)
Nov 30, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
It was a really good episode. I loved Riki´s resolve and how he kept swinging even after falling to the ground and getting hurt.

Also I think the original members of LB act like a family, with Rin and Riki being the children, Kengo being the over-protecting mother that will always think that his children need her and are not ready to take care of themselves, Kyousuke being the dad who wants to teach his children to deal with the real world and to grow up, and Masato... well I dont know, the cool older brother who just supports the young ones.
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Nov 30, 2013 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
AndyRayy said:
I don't care what anyone says about foreshadowing, CG's, objective opinions (lol), whatever, that one was damn good episode.

I didn't feel a darn thing playing the visual novel of this at any point, but I had to legitimately hold back the tears for this. Fucking well done, J.C.

Fucking.Well.Done.

You've also got to congratulate Kengo's VA. I swear, he has to be the most talented on the entire team. His acting is absolutely fantastic. I actually think he might be better than Kyousuke's VA. Just possibly.
Nov 30, 2013 9:29 AM
Sep 2012
It still feel's like they are rushing it, BUT! I still cryed my eyes out to this episode T.T
Nov 30, 2013 9:32 AM

Aug 2011
Wow. First episode in both seasons that made me cry. I'm not even kidding, this episode hit me hard. I should seriously play the VN someday.
Nov 30, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
I was afraid that they would screw up this episode after seeing how they handled Masato last episode but I'm pleasantly surprised.
Nov 30, 2013 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
Lol, Riki really had a spectacularly dramatic strike there at a stage, face plant. Also Kengo had a dramatic last strike as well.

Nov 30, 2013 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Rising Meow Ball FTW!!!Only Kyousuke left and LB is back :)

Can't wait for next episode.
Nov 30, 2013 10:01 AM
Nov 2013
This a great episode, the reason: Haruda Kanada and song for friends in the perfect moment. But i want a see the scene the "Lawrenceeee!" >w<.

Another reason that botter me is... why not put in the sunset the last play?
Nov 30, 2013 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
I have no words twas a nice episode~
Komari x Rin all the way
Nov 30, 2013 10:19 AM

Jul 2013
my feels.. i cant
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 30, 2013 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
OMG. This is so damn good. First, it was a first episode in entire LB! that makes me cry. An emotional episode. Glad that this series is getting better and better. Thanks JC!!

but, that scene in the end @@
Nov 30, 2013 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome episode. Favorite so far.

The only thing that worries me was Kyousuke in the end. I don't read the VN but the only came to my mind was
Nov 30, 2013 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
Man that Kengo regret... Those tears...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Nov 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
I have to say that i'm very satisfied with this episode. I loved every minute <3
It was well done considering they only had 23 minutes to fit everything in.
the last scene with kyousuke broke my heart T_T
Nov 30, 2013 10:50 AM

May 2010
Good episode, but the crying scene kinda felt different than in the vn. I'm pretty sure I whined a lot more there, huh. I liked how everyone came to cheer him up though.

Song For Friends out of place again... But now when I think about it maybe it's better this way, otherwise we would have another Clannad AS, when Torch attacked us after every depressing scene, lol.

Still, they had better use something more fitting for the next episode.

Kitsu-neeNov 30, 2013 10:53 AM
Nov 30, 2013 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
This was one of the only episodes so far to make me tear up,(Episode 18, episodes 24-26, and episode 3 and 6 of refrain are the others, this was such an amazing episode! THANK YOU JC STAFF! THE FEELS ARE STARTING TO COME FULL FORCE! :')
Nov 30, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
Surprisingly, this episode was indeed really good. Im glad they didn´t ruin this episode, since it was another great part of Refrain. Also, dat hint at the end ><.

I hope Episode Kyousuke is also good, since it was my favorite part of the VN.
Nov 30, 2013 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode, loved it.

It was a really amazing episode, knowing that Kyousuke is in that state, it is true, that it really what happened to Riki and Rin.

Now Kengo this again with the others, but the question remains, What is the secret of the world?

Nov 30, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Bring on the sekai no himitsu~
Nov 30, 2013 12:01 PM
Sep 2013
This episode is so awesome as same as Yuiko route end and episode Masato!!! I didn't see those twenty minuts pass at all just like others brilliant episodes!

Lots of contents with well pacing.

I cried hard and found the changes of Episode Kengo is so great! Good job, JC Stuff! You never fails me.
Nov 30, 2013 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
I almost cried in the end, I admit it. Masato's arc was really good, but this Kengo's arc was surprising even better. It had really a sad but brilliant and refreshing impact on me.

Also, I can finally get to understand what's going on. Now what misses is, what happened to Kyousuke in the end as he seemed to be beaten up and most important, what's this Sekai no Himitsu everyone is talking about.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.