Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2013 2:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, even more kids into the Gundam franchise now. This guy was pretty awesome though in the episode: http://i.imgur.com/5p6ZhJI.png

I kinda liked the new models. Dat OST. The fight was okay I guess, wish it didn't end abruptly though.
Nov 4, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
Hey man, Gunpla can get you girls !! LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 5:17 AM

Feb 2009
Did Ricardo just use Gunpla to hit on women? And Victory Gundam at that.
Now I've seen everything. Oh dio mio!

If the info on the Gundam episode on YT didn't say that Mao was a boy, I would never have known. Gundam X(Maoh) vs (Build) Strike and Victory vs Wing custom in the same episode. Nice. Though the reasoning as to how the Strike evaded that satellite cannon was kind of bullshit.
Ral appearing out of nowhere yet again still gets me every time. This guy is awesome.
Yuuki dropping out is unexpected but that means an easy victory against that Sazaki. That guy improving is out of the picture. Let's see why Yuuki was in that plane in the preview.
Nov 4, 2013 8:08 AM
Dec 2012
It was enjoyable as expected. Their imaginary battle was funny and exciting. China was low-key and likable as always. Wonder why Tatsuya cancelled the entry.
Nov 4, 2013 8:12 AM

May 2013
That battle using their imaginations was funny. And Ricardo trying to hit on a girl using a Gunpla lol.
Nov 4, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
Smiled all stupid like when I saw the Crossbone X-1 Gundam and the S Gundam.
I was like wtf they show that Mao build a freaking HG Kshatriya in a freaking moving truck.
Poor Ricardo got cockblocked and holy freaking crap dat Wing Fenis pose...!

No best mecha collection boy! No best mecha collection!

The end part... It looks like Yuuki is standing of something that looks like it's from Gundam Breaker...
Nov 4, 2013 9:49 AM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
Hey man, Gunpla can get you girls !! LOL

Lol I know right? Sunrise is funny. I like the part where Ral stops them from fighting and says the battle was too good to end in their minds lmfao.
Nov 4, 2013 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
Dat imaginary battle.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 4, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Omfg this episode was amazing. o.o My favorite one so far.
And yeah, dat imaginary battle!
Nov 4, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2007
Tremendously under-watched and under-appreciated incredibly enjoyable show. The people that only watch hyped late night anime are really missing out here. Honestly my only regrets with this show at this stage are I don't have more people to talk about it with.
Nov 4, 2013 2:15 PM

Jun 2010
i LOL at how ridiculous this ep is xDDD
still fun though
Nov 4, 2013 4:40 PM
May 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Tremendously under-watched and under-appreciated incredibly enjoyable show. The people that only watch hyped late night anime are really missing out here. Honestly my only regrets with this show at this stage are I don't have more people to talk about it with.

QFT dude
SnK, Stiens Gate and whatever dark overhype "shits happening" BS greatly spoiled people minds.
Nov 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
Good ep as always. HG Gouf! China blushing was adorable. I really want a dakimakura. S Gundam and Crossbone X-1!!! Does this increase the chance for an anime adaption or OVA being made for them? I sure hope so.
Nov 4, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
Yuuki is totally gonna re-enter the tournament with a mask on.
Nov 4, 2013 11:04 PM

Aug 2010
I need more notes on how to get a date using gunplas.
Nov 5, 2013 2:10 AM

Mar 2013
Yuuki has ascended to UNATTAINABLE RIVAL. Evidently, they will go on to the meet this foe at the world stage. Frankly, I'm glad. Facing their rival this early would be sorta anti-climactic, especially since I heard that this series is going to be 39 episodes...? I'm not sure if that's true.

I'm pretty sure they can't make that guy any more Italian. Rides a scooter, has long hair, says suave things to women, does unnecessary things with sunglasses - the stereotype is strong with this one.
Nov 5, 2013 5:51 AM
Jul 2012
It seems the chance to see Kshatriya in battle is slim now.
Now waiting to see PsychoGundam.

Seeing Ricardo trying to flirt girl with gundam, reminds me that I once build NG Astray Blue Frame at campus ground, and my crush saw and help me built it. It was a blissful moment. She even call it 'our son'. O////O

straggy said:
Frankly, I'm glad. Facing their rival this early would be sorta anti-climactic, especially since I heard that this series is going to be 39 episodes...? I'm not sure if that's true.

Agree with you straggy on the 'anti-climatic'.
39 episodes? Good. More time to explain where Reiji come from, and there's many gunpla not appeared yet.

Jovy said:
Yuuki is totally gonna re-enter the tournament with a mask on.

Hope so, but I guess, he will only change his outfit.
Nov 5, 2013 7:35 AM

Feb 2009
akamww said:
Seeing Ricardo trying to flirt girl with gundam, reminds me that I once build NG Astray Blue Frame at campus ground, and my crush saw and help me built it. It was a blissful moment. She even call it 'our son'. O////O
L-Lewd!
Nov 5, 2013 10:09 AM

Jun 2012
I almost cried with joy when I saw Mao inside that X gundam with Garrod Ran's attire... Perfect little details like that make the show.
Of course Iori in Kira's pilot suit wasn't bad either.

I wanted to see more of Sazaki's Gyan... One of my all time favorite UC MS, likely cause M'Quve.
Yuuki obviously dropped out cause having him lose to Iori before even the world finals would be shameful, I'm assuming his dropping out was directly related to that blondie appearing last episode.

Wanted to see more of the GPO2 this episode, it barely even moved.
OchimushaNov 5, 2013 10:12 AM
Nov 5, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2010
Houndtwo said:
I almost cried with joy when I saw Mao inside that X gundam with Garrod Ran's attire... Perfect little details like that make the show.

yah. i wonder how of those watching this show now catch that. i mean if they watch Gundam X btw.

and i kinda like its quite here, atleast you have guys who likes watching the show, not because a lot of people are watching the show :)
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 5, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2009
Brigandi said:
Smiled all stupid like when I saw the Crossbone X-1 Gundam

CrossboneGundam4Lyfe

needs OVA pronto!
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Nov 5, 2013 8:38 PM

Feb 2011
LOL it's hilarious to see Ricardo created a Gunpla just for dating girls :P I'm loving the custom Gundam designs they are looking sweet!

Both Mao and Sei imagination battle was epic! And as expected Ral just loves to interrupt the battle :P
After encountering Mao, looks like Sei managed to build a badass beam cannon!

I knew that Yuuki has to drop participating the World Tournament, I can't wait what will Reiji and Sei response to it on the next episode of course :)

I want that Green Haro badge that Sei's mother is wearing it.

And did anyone notice the line from the preview sounds familiar? xD I can't believe it's Murrue Ramius VA Mitsuishi Kotono is in the anime voicing as Sei's Mother lol. Yeah i just found it out. I swore i heard her voice before.
Nov 6, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
Brigandi said:
Smiled all stupid like when I saw the Crossbone X-1 Gundam and the S Gundam.

I was happy when I saw them! ON THE SAME RACK!

Did Ricardo seriously try to flirt with a victory gundam?

This is a good show; LOL, it's so serious that they can imagine battles. And then there's the Garrod and Kira attire.

"NO COLLECTION, BOY!"
Nov 6, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
haha they were literally battling in their imagination, and that older man knew what was up as well all on the same frequency.

Nov 6, 2013 8:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:

We got in this thread some really prominent MAL users. I think quality > quantity. No random troll haters = good for the discussion board in my opinion.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 6, 2013 8:32 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode, I wonder why Yuuki dropped out, seems like it'll get serious.

wakka9ca said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

We got in this thread some really prominent MAL users. I think quality > quantity. No random troll haters = good for the discussion board in my opinion.
I think most of them dropped the show on the first episode(thank god)
Nov 7, 2013 12:10 AM
Aug 2012
I guess one can comment here without worrying about random hater/troll/elites too much. Build Fighters is turning out be pretty fun. But Reiji looked more like Patrick the Invincible than Kira Yamato with that red hair.

Nov 7, 2013 5:23 AM

Feb 2011
AmberFebruary said:
Houndtwo said:

yah. i wonder how of those watching this show now catch that. i mean if they watch Gundam X btw.

and i kinda like its quite here, atleast you have guys who likes watching the show, not because a lot of people are watching the show :)
When I saw Mao portaying Garrod Ran I couldn't but get a giant smile on my face. X is still one of the best Gundam shows.
Nov 7, 2013 10:49 PM

Jul 2012
Dudewitbow said:
Brigandi said:
Smiled all stupid like when I saw the Crossbone X-1 Gundam

CrossboneGundam4Lyfe

needs OVA pronto!

Hathaways Flash may come first though... maybe. But heck we can hope right? My boy Tobia seriously needs some spotlight. I'm loving every minute of this show. I say keep em coming.
Nov 8, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
swordstriker21 said:
Hathaways Flash may come first though... maybe. But heck we can hope right? My boy Tobia seriously needs some spotlight. I'm loving every minute of this show. I say keep em coming.

Cant really see Hathaways Flash coming because its only the sequel to Char's Counterattack - Beltorchika's Children novel.
Brigs77Nov 8, 2013 2:20 PM
Nov 9, 2013 8:28 AM

Oct 2011
Victory Gundam!!!

Gundam X Maoh !!! : 0________

Why did you stop dat battle Mr Ral!!!!! : (

What!!! Tatsuya not fighting??!!! Could he found out about Reiji's world??
Nov 10, 2013 4:21 AM

Jun 2008
AnimeFan500 said:
What!!! Tatsuya not fighting??!!! Could he found out about Reiji's world??

It's clear in the last episode that something bad happened to someone who's important to Yuuki...

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 10, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2013
Gundam Build Fighters had a pretty strong start, but the last two episodes have been sort of lackluster. It would be awful if the potential that this show has is wasted, so I'm hoping for some better episodes in the future. Even if the show is ultimately disappointing, at least some awesome battles between the Gundams and a decent ED (Imagination > Reality) came out of it.
Nov 11, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
I liked the imaginary battle
Nov 11, 2013 8:21 PM

Feb 2012
They're really being self-concious about this, though it might not be a bad thing. They could put more focus on a classic tournament format, I believe. It is one of the best ways to realize the balance of effort, tactics and competion elements. Yet when I watch this, I don't even remember there is something like that going on. I don't know if Sunrise is in a hurry or not, but many characters here don't seem to carry much weight and could use some more eps for them.

swordstriker21 said:

Tobia? Surely you jest. What matters are the mechs and Crossbone has too weird mobile suits for it to sell. But we can always hope it's the next OVA project after Unicorn.
mecharobotNov 11, 2013 8:24 PM
Nov 13, 2013 8:15 AM

Jun 2008
mecharobot said:
They could put more focus on a classic tournament format, I believe. It is one of the best ways to realize the balance of effort, tactics and competion elements.

It's obvious that they're going to focus about that issue in the World Championship, since this is only a 12 episode anime, not the usual 100+ episode toy anime.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 17, 2013 9:08 PM

Jul 2007
morshuwarrior said:
AmberFebruary said:
Houndtwo said:

When I saw Mao portaying Garrod Ran I couldn't help but get a giant smile on my face. X is still one of the best Gundam shows.

Soooooo truuuuueeee!!! xD
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Dec 23, 2013 10:06 PM

Oct 2009
belatkuro said:
If the info on the Gundam episode on YT didn't say that Mao was a boy,

belatkuro said:
I would never have known.

Sei's mom did call him a boy once

belatkuro said:
Yuuki dropping out is unexpected

Not really, we could see that something is going to happen from the scene after the ED in the previous episode. Or do you skip credits and didn't see that scene?

Entravity said:
Dat imaginary battle.

It's not something new btw, see Dragon Ball Z episode 39 for example

Kaioshin_Sama said:

I don't like the very idea of this show. The only reason I'm watching this is because I miss gundams and there're only compilation movies left for me to watch. And after this episode I have a strong urge to watch one of those movies

straggy said:
especially since I heard that this series is going to be 39 episodes...? I'm not sure if that's true.

What? If I knew what I'm getting myself into, I would have thought twice...

NebulaC3I said:
Gundam Build Fighters had a pretty strong start, but the last two episodes have been sort of lackluster.

Why no, I liked the idol. That was the first thing in the show that didn't look stretched to me

kaimax said:
since this is only a 12 episode anime, not the usual 100+ episode toy anime.

What? And whom am I to believe?
SerhiykoAug 31, 2017 10:52 AM
Feb 1, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2008
Lol, a Gundam temple. And that old guy playing the old wise Gundam priest. Is Sursire telling us that Gundam is a religion?

Hitting on girls with mobile suits. Genious. Hey even if you fail no one can say you weren't original.

Btw am suprised by his Milf mother. She lets him waste all his time bothering with Gundams and she also has the patience to just stand there and watch him making some imaginary battle, lol.
Feb 1, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
Btw am suprised by his Milf mother. She lets him waste all his time bothering with Gundams and she also has the patience to just stand there and watch him making some imaginary battle, lol.

If she wasn't like that, she wouldn't had married his father in the first place (Gundam freak as well)
Feb 2, 2014 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
Serhiyko said:
Monad said:

If she wasn't like that, she wouldn't had married his father in the first place (Gundam freak as well)
She's a truly glorious waifu material lol.
Jul 16, 2014 9:47 PM
Aug 2011
I also loved Mao wearing Garrod's outfit. jflksdajf;lajf;alf

Hitting on women with your Gunpla? 10/10
Intense imaginary mental battle? 10/10
Nakamura Yuuichi saying Oh dio mio! 10/10
Nov 20, 2014 5:28 AM

Jun 2010
At this point I'm only watching for the Gundam battles, so far they're all pretty sick.
Oct 7, 2017 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at the G Gundam scene.
That lady is pretty.
lol at dude using Gunpla to try to smash.
lol She's gone.
Dat green Wing. There's One Winged Angel, Now there's One Winged Gundam.
The Milf's eyes are lighting up.
Dat imagination battle.
Yuuki dropped out.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 27, 2019 2:53 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was absurd in a few ways, and the creators know it. There were some really funny scenes. It's confirmed at this point that some of the Gunpla are heavily customized with parts built from scratch (or something similar). I wonder why Yuuki dipped out of the tournament.
Oct 10, 2023 8:11 PM
Nov 2019
bertemu mao yasaka seorang builder berbakat seperti iori
My Candies :
Jan 21, 1:05 AM

Jan 2020
Reiji: "You mean it's fun to build and just look at it?"

Rei: "Of course! Working with gunpla, allows us to expand our imagination of the Gundam world exponentially!"

Very subtle marketing there, Bandai xD

Then again, I do agree, with Gundam multiverses and connecting peple who either like to build, to play with them, make stop motion animation, watch anime about them or just look at them on display. Gundam/Gunpla really is the "LEGO of Japan".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

32 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2014

63 by Yoggix »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:53 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

44 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.