3It was OK
7.4%
2Disliked it
3.7%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.4
243 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat horse.

I'm still not used to the CG of this show yet. The fight was okay I guess. Heh, so Suzuka wasn't expecting that attack by his brother. So yeah, I feel somewhat sorry for Suzuka this episode even after seeing a glimpse of her past.

Bakatora~
Oct 22, 2013 11:56 AM
Feb 2013
The fact that he hasn't figured out the truth about Hokuto...yep Bakatora is truly a fitting nickname for him rofl
Oct 22, 2013 12:24 PM

Mar 2013
Not used to this show yet, even after 3 episodes lol.
Oct 22, 2013 12:56 PM
Jan 2011
So Hakuto is actually Natsume's Shikigami.
Oct 22, 2013 12:58 PM
Dec 2012
It was unexpectedly interesting. Much better than previous episodes. Didn't imagine the episode would start with a flying horse scene. That aerial battle was thrilling. The rich animation with fast and much motion felt like a theatrical movie rather than a TV series.

I didn't expect Harutora to save Ravel Phoenix Shizuka. Nice to see Natsume acting like Hokuto, but I liked Hokuto's voice better. Looked like Toji had known Hokuto was not a real human from early on. He seems a good guy. He didn't tell Haru about Natsume's identity.

I'm starting to like the series.
Oct 22, 2013 1:19 PM

Oct 2011
Hokuto is alive TwT She is Natsume's Shikigami and a dragon !!!

Dat sword and bow !!!

I feel bad for her even if her brother trying to kill her.
Oct 22, 2013 2:02 PM

Mar 2010
Excellent episode!

8bit completely nailed the otherworldy feel of TR. There lots great direction in terms of visuals, animation, pacing, script and music. Definitely best out of the 3 episodes. Now that the prologue is done I'm looking forward where the rest of this show will go.

Shame that will be overlooked despite it's potential.
Iron_MawOct 22, 2013 2:11 PM
Oct 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
i'm just glad they didn't use CG for Hokuto (the dragon)..
hehehehe...
Oct 22, 2013 2:21 PM
Mar 2012
Meh, so Natsume is going to be as bitchy as her familiar? :(

I still don't understand how you can make a mage a familiar. Sounds weird to me.

deezet34 said:
It looked to me as if they did. At least for the mane.
Oct 22, 2013 2:28 PM

Aug 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
deezet34 said:
It looked to me as if they did. At least for the mane.

I'm fairly sure they did use a CGI, only it was so good that it was hard to tell. I noticed it.

Anyways, great so far, they're really sticking to the source material. :DD There weren't too many problems with the volume this time around. I'm pretty excited for the next episode.
Oct 22, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2013
So Hokuto is Natsume's familiar. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 22, 2013 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
PLEASE for the love of god don't let the MC be one of these useless as heck men that doesn't show any real power till like the last 2 episodes -.- one of the only things that is a quick fire way to peev me off
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Oct 22, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
Cool fight and the truth about Hokuto, Natsume has been observing him forever :p
Oct 22, 2013 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
And the introductory arc is over...

Good to see that the three of them will all be part of the action from now on. It looks like for a couple of characters, this may not be the first time they've passed through life as well. And next week we get to meet the fox spirit...looking forward to it.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 22, 2013 3:28 PM
Oct 2010
I sometimes wonder if there's an unspoken author competition out there to see who makes the dumbest MC... >_>
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 22, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
Harutora is probably pretty dense for not realizing it yet. She actually used the exact same line as Hokuto
"Gomen... Damatte te... Damashite..."

Pretty good episode. I think the real exciting part will start from next episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 22, 2013 3:46 PM

Feb 2008
Don't worry Bakatora will get a powerful Shikigami, hmm. Most like it you can't see it. It's always around.
Though Main character will be weak in the beginning, dunno the reason why he can't see spirits.
I always though that his power is somewhat sealed.
I don't know haven't read the light novel.

He still an idiot though haha. Enjoy!

Demonshaw17 said:
PLEASE for the love of god don't let the MC be one of these useless as heck men that doesn't show any real power till like the last 2 episodes -.- one of the only things that is a quick fire way to peev me off

Finally the school day start on the next episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 22, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2012
Good episode imo. Wasn't expecting Hokuto to be shikigami. Looks like everything we needed to know now we know. Feel like every episode from this point is going to be great.
Oct 22, 2013 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
I'm starting to enjoy the CGI and I'm really enjoying the world since the blend of magic with modern society makes it so unpredictable!
Oct 22, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2013
I enjoyed seeing Harutora and Natsume working together during that fight. Natsume's powers look interesting so far.

Natsume was so cute at the end of the episode.
Oct 22, 2013 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
The way this whole event wrapped up was rather predictable, but still, it's nice to see Natsume and Harutora in combat. And it's quite obvious by this point who Hokuto really was. I suppose only a main character in anime can be so clueless...

Now that we have everything settled, time to move onto the main storyline! I wonder what happened to Suzuka though?
Oct 22, 2013 4:37 PM

Sep 2012
tezann_t said:
The way this whole event wrapped up was rather predictable, but still, it's nice to see Natsume and Harutora in combat. And it's quite obvious by this point who Hokuto really was. I suppose only a main character in anime can be so clueless...

Now that we have everything settled, time to move onto the main storyline! I wonder what happened to Suzuka though?
I love the romance possibility here. My only fear is that he will be clueless for the whole season. With the novels ongoing (I'm not reading them so I don't know what happens) I worry that he will indeed be clueless the whole time... getting a bit tired of the anime that just want me to read the novels to find out what happens. I love reading the novels but I now have so many series I have to find out what happens that I can't read them all!!!

I also wonder what happened to Suzuka. Hopefully we shall find out. And not just in the novels...

The 3D CGI is awful though. If we don't see another 3D demon mecha for the rest of the show I will be happy.
Oct 22, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
After 3 episodes and I still can't get used to this 3D animation.
Bakatora's really an idiot.
But this episode was better than the previous one
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 22, 2013 5:40 PM

May 2012
01:44 dat lolilick

08:15 stop shouting, u annoying Summereye

LOL. Nice, 7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 22, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
Aside from the unfitting CG, the ending was quite nice.
Oct 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
Demonshaw17 said:

I really don't think he was useless in this episode, he's not even weak so I'm not sure what you mean.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 22, 2013 5:57 PM

Mar 2010
Lyyu said:
After 3 episodes and I still can't get used to this 3D animation.
Bakatora's really an idiot.
But this episode was better than the previous one

To be fair, a lot viewers didn't figure the connection either. It's not as if something like childhood friend actually being your cousin is a normal thing.
Oct 22, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
Yup so far Touji and Yukikaze (was that the horse's name?) are my favourite characters.

I like Hokuto dragon version too.
Oct 22, 2013 6:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
hpulley said:

The 3D CGI is awful though. If we don't see another 3D demon mecha for the rest of the show I will be happy.

Yeah they need to do a better job of blending in the CGI, like they did with Hokuto the dragon, which was still noticeable, but not as terrible.

And wow they started the episode with action, the pacing feels a little weird to me, I was kind of wondering if I was watching episode 3 or not because it didn't feel like it flowed from the last episode. However, it was still nice to watch the action and the characters are likable so far.
Oct 22, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Lol Touji knew all along quite trolly of him to not say anything this whole time

this show is growing on me kinda and now that the Prologue is over it seems it's gonna get better here on out.
Oct 22, 2013 6:30 PM

Oct 2011
haha, baka-tora~ xD
I'm reaaally perturbed about Touji's identity. I think he's hiding something. Can't wait for next week's episode!
Oct 22, 2013 7:18 PM

Jun 2012
That episode was good. I'm used to the CG now, and it wasn't that noticeable on the dragon. And as for the animation, I especially liked it this time around. This show is getting better.

Hope that MC will not be that kind of utterly clueless dude.
Oct 22, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
That whistle.
The end of the ritual was so predictable, didn't you learn anything from Edward Elric?

So, Hokuto was Natsume's shikigami? Kinda unexpected.
Oct 22, 2013 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
Akanezora said:

Really? Natsume was honestly the first person I thought of when I found out Hokuto was a shikigami. Seeing as how she remembers Touji and everything else at the end, she probably also sees and has all the memories of Hokuto, so you can assume she was just using her to watch over Harutora while she was in Tokyo. Little clingy?
Oct 22, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
Now they have gone to Tokyo where the real adventure start.

Anyway this series is strangely cute. And I always love an archer character.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 22, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
So hokuto is natsume's shikigami? LOL
GosuDRMJan 24, 2021 3:19 AM

Oct 22, 2013 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
The interaction between Touji and Natsume was funny. Yep, cat's out of the bag but Bakatora still hasn't figured it out.

Kon next week!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 22, 2013 9:00 PM

Nov 2009
Akanezora said:
The end of the ritual was so predictable, didn't you learn anything from Edward Elric?

I think it is extremely funny that you found that part predictable but somehow didn't see the shikigami thing coming.
Oct 22, 2013 9:25 PM

May 2008
anyone notice the sword is exactly same shape as Ousawa, Akatsuki sword in Hagure Yuusha no Estetica?? Just different colour?? XD
Oct 22, 2013 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
From next episode to at least ep 8 will pack with comedy =))
Oct 22, 2013 11:12 PM

Jun 2008
lol Touji best troll
Oct 23, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2013
So Hokuto is Natsume's shikigami , kyaaaaa so cute !
and the scene where Touji glared at Natsume , haha xD
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 23, 2013 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
Valegard said:
I'm curious about the correlation between the ribbon that Horutora gave to Hokuto and the Ribbon that is on Natsume. Anyone have any ideas?

Oct 23, 2013 1:12 AM

Jun 2012
Lollll, wow, whatever misgivings I had with the second episode seem completely pointless now. I still didn't like how unemotional Hokuto's death felt, but perhaps that was their intention, so you would realize she wasn't really a human. But he just didn't seem as moved by her death as I think he should've been, but to each their own I guess. Anyway, now it makes sense why Hokuto wanted him to join that academy so badly.

But damn, that ending made me so happy... now I can't wait to see who that white-haired cat girl is. Seems like she's got a great personality lol, Slash! Stab! Twist!
Also I seriously almost lost it when he saw the ribbon, made the connection, then she turns around and calls him Bakatora... and it just completely slips his mind. My god... at least Touji is really clever, he even instantly noticed the ribbon lol.

I swear I was almost expecting Suzuka's brother to turn into an Akuma from D.Gray-man.

Also, I didn't mention it in the previous episodes, but I think Suzuka has a nice fashion sense. Kinda surprised how much I like that lolita style. Even so, if Hokuto wasn't basically Natsume in disguise I'd have a hard time enjoying this series, if Suzuka becomes a recurring character. I gained a lot of respect for Bakatora though when he stood up to save Suzuka, despite the fact that she killed Hokuto.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 23, 2013 1:29 AM
Oct 23, 2013 2:25 AM

Oct 2012
Natsume 'as a boy' was adorable >w<

Liked the action in the second half.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 23, 2013 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, nice fighting ep. I like Touji...
Oct 23, 2013 4:26 AM
Oct 2010
Google image: brutal gladiator's slicer

and compare it with the unleashed version of the sword.....
Oct 23, 2013 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
Fallenkingzero said:
Demonshaw17 said:

I really don't think he was useless in this episode, he's not even weak so I'm not sure what you mean.

Well I mean he ended up just borrowing power, That sword and the cabinet of blood had nothing to do with and kind of his own power they were just doing what they were designed to do. It was promising to see the whole "overcome with will power" thing that happened with the blood talismans but other than that haven't seen any actual power of his own. And knowing anime he won't show any until the last 2 episodes.
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Oct 23, 2013 4:48 AM
Feb 2009
aww the end was cute
Oct 23, 2013 5:14 AM

Apr 2013
It's good to see touji's rather perceptive at least, about the connection between natsume and hokuto, unlike bakatora who's living up to his name. lol

I really like the ending, it's so cute. :O
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.