Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 15, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2012
Killua owns.....that is all.

Congratulations on reaching 100 episodes Hunter x Hunter! Looking forward to the next 100 hopefully! (glares at Togashi)
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 15, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2011
The time passed fast since the first episode was aired, i really want it to reach the 200th episode :/ Togashi, I'll start hating you. another thing, i felt like this episode was the tallest one of the whole series. i rlly enjoyed it.. Killua, You're so fuckin' strong, but it looks like he'll get his ass kicked in the next episode.. lol

i didn't read the manga that far but i bet that there's some gore and violent scenes that can't be animated.. but madhouse did well animating this amazing episode so i have to thank the studio for all he did till now, thank you

Killua will be facing A tako-ant and he got pooped on, it's strange,, lol
5/5 for this week too.
Satan-samaOct 15, 2013 8:09 PM
Oct 15, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2012
100 episodes of epicnes.
Oct 15, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2010
hxh episodes seem very satisfying for me on wkly basis and i didn't even feel any pacing issues generally . particularly i didn't have any problem with 1st part of ant arc and am even enjoying these parts in anime very much as well ....

my only big problem is am not getting enough of hxh 2011 episodes per week ...
Oct 15, 2013 9:50 PM

May 2012
Killua managed it like a boss again. But those fleas are really disgusting. Had goosebumps while watching it. And I just can't get enough of the ending song. I don't know, but the song and the ending video is just too great to hear and watch at.
Oct 15, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2011
Killua! very impressive.. the animation was top notch..!
Amazing episode..
5/5
Oct 15, 2013 10:50 PM
Sep 2013
ValeBreck said:
Also, I see the results of the time-slot change

Are you talking about worse animation, more gore or both? I haven't seen the episode yet did anyone else notice a drop in quality in the preview?
Oct 15, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
Cresherhsm said:
ValeBreck said:

Are you talking about worse animation, more gore or both? I haven't seen the episode yet did anyone else notice a drop in quality in the preview?
I wouldn't worry about that until approximately episode 105. (When this animation-team rotation is complete.) Around 7 episodes are likely to be made in advance, so that's why I say to wait until then.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 15, 2013 11:04 PM
Sep 2013
ShigyC said:
Cresherhsm said:
ValeBreck said:

I wouldn't worry about that until approximately episode 105. (When this animation-team rotation is complete.) Around 7 episodes are likely to be made in advance, so that's why I say to wait until then.

Awesome news! Thank you!
Oct 15, 2013 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
Yay 100 episodes.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 16, 2013 12:01 AM
Sep 2013
Wow, this episode was mind-blowing. First 5/5 since episode 95, that's HxH for you.
Oct 16, 2013 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Wow, this episode was mind-blowing. First 5/5 since episode 95, that's HxH for you.
Hm..I wonder if you would have reacted the same way to this episode if you hadn't read this segment beforehand?
Oct 16, 2013 12:17 AM
Sep 2013
ShigyC said:
Cresherhsm said:
Hm..I wonder if you would have reacted the same way to this episode if you hadn't read this segment beforehand?

What do you mean? If I would've reacted the same way if I didn't read the manga? Of course! This episode is the definition of BA. I haven't enjoyed an episode this much since episode 95. In fact, I probably would've enjoyed it more if I didn't read the manga since I'd be coming into this blind. I wouldn't know what Meleoron is planning or what's going to happen in next episode, etc.
Oct 16, 2013 2:04 AM

Sep 2013
Cresherhsm said:
What do you mean? If I would've reacted the same way if I didn't read the manga? Of course! This episode is the definition of BA. I haven't enjoyed an episode this much since episode 95. In fact, I probably would've enjoyed it more if I didn't read the manga since I'd be coming into this blind. I wouldn't know what Meleoron is planning or what's going to happen in next episode, etc.
I've just noticed a contrast of people not knowing what to expect, paying no mind to the objectivity of the latest episodes, shrugging them off as mediocre. Some of those same people got an urge to read the manga, and suddenly regard this to be one of the coolest episodes so far. Others who haven't still think of this as "meh", but that's sort of expected.

Anyway, so you really dug 95, eh?
Well, you can look forward to 103. Same animation team...! =D

..After that, maybe a few nice-looking episodes...? Yeah...we can only wish, for now :/
Oct 16, 2013 2:18 AM

Oct 2012
this is what im talking about. a fight against noob ants shouldn't last long. killua was a bad ass and that was all worth the wait. anyway still not that fully satisfied.they did a good job. but as what i have said so many times there pacing is really slow. they need to rush all the unnecessary scenes. rated it 3/5 highest one yet in the past 5 episodes great work ! :)

didn't read what Cresherhsm posted. it was nice knowing someone felt the same way that i do.
KyzenOct 16, 2013 2:25 AM
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Oct 16, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2012
ShigyC said:
Cresherhsm said:

Sorry for asking but how do you find out which animation team is doing future episodes? Sometimes I see people saying that the next episode will be outsourced and turns out it was so I don't doubt people since they must have a reliable source

Great episode, even though it made the switch from morning to late night I didn't see much change in the blood and gore. Must be because I'm so used to having so much blood for a show that is aimed towards children and that maybe the reason it got a time slot change in the first place. Glad they animated the parts they censored in the manga, wasn't as brutal as I thought it would be. Next episode is pretty fucking incredible, probably the highlight of the arc before the Invasion part. Oh SHIT
Oct 16, 2013 4:09 AM

Aug 2011
Flume said:
ShigyC said:
Cresherhsm said:

Sorry for asking but how do you find out which animation team is doing future episodes?

I'd like to know that too
Oct 16, 2013 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
Kyzen said:
this is what im talking about. a fight against noob ants shouldn't last long.

He's clearly in a desperate situation; "noob ants" doesn't seem like an apt description.

Anyways, this is leading up to quite an event that I'm sure many people are excited to see. As always, the wait for next episode is gonna be painful.
Oct 16, 2013 4:56 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, what a splendid way to enter the 3 digit episode count. Killua is so freakin' awesome, this was an intense episode, the odds are completely against him right now.
Oct 16, 2013 6:37 AM

Dec 2008
100TH EPISODE!! YAY!!!
The octopus doesn't like being called and octopus? But that's what he is... >__>

Loving the Chimera Ant Arc, but I'm suffering from some serious Hisoka withdrawals.
Oct 16, 2013 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
^ Technically, he is an ant.

Dangerr said:
Kyzen said:
this is what im talking about. a fight against noob ants shouldn't last long.

He's clearly in a desperate situation; "noob ants" doesn't seem like an apt description.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there are no "noob ants" left. To me, more than likely, the only ants left alive at this point are squadron leaders and officers... maybe some of the strongest of drudges that were practically officers---but I doubt it.
n10sityOct 16, 2013 7:41 AM
Oct 16, 2013 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
Very nice 100th episode.
Oct 16, 2013 9:51 AM
Sep 2013
5/5
Killua rape some bitches like a boss.
Oct 16, 2013 12:04 PM
Jun 2013
Sorry for asking but how do you find out which animation team is doing future episodes?

I'd like to know that too

you can know here : http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=915535&page=6
They post the animation teams monthly.
Oct 16, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah, great way to reach the 100th mark. Madhouse should do more shonen.
Oct 16, 2013 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Proudly been in the 2011th ride since episode 1 aired, and damn have I loved every moment of it. Here's to another 100! (although probably won't happen unless Togashi crawls out of his cave)
Oct 16, 2013 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
Killua looked so much like Hiei with his hair up like that. I wonder if it was intentional?

Congrats on 100th episode. I get really excited for certain upcoming scenes every time I watch that ED.
Oct 16, 2013 4:20 PM

Apr 2010
100 episodes after, and I can say with no doubt that I'm really happy with this adaption. Also, nice episode, so much Killua action, when he's pissed off he's unbearable

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Oct 16, 2013 7:51 PM

Dec 2012
Killua never ceases to impress me. He's such a badass.
Oct 16, 2013 9:39 PM

Sep 2010
The fleas are disgusting, almost as bad as the leech guy.
Oct 16, 2013 10:33 PM

Dec 2010
Holy shit! I'm blowing up after watching this ep. Killua in boss mode.
Oct 17, 2013 12:41 AM

Jun 2012
Cool fights!

Congrats to everyone, we've reached 100 episodes ^^

Oct 17, 2013 8:40 AM

Jun 2013
First thing: I liked this episode.
It´s kind of a mirror episode from last week. Here we get the first half plot and the second half killua fighting "fodder" and last week was Gon fighting fodder and then the plot development.
The big difference is that seeing killua fight is just much more interesting than seeing Gon. And this weeks opponents were a lot more creative than the ones Gon had to fight.
But this episode also makes me very scared of what is to come. It seems like we will be gettin a loooot more episodes like this. Gotta take out the trash first before the fun starts and in this case it´s way too much fucking trash.

Which brings me to my second point:
What I am hearing in this forum since pretty much the start of this arc is that we just need to get through "this part" here until the "good part" of this arc is starting. I am pretty sure there isn´t a single episode discussion where somebody is bringing that up. Last week I read we just need to get through episode 99 until it is getting really good. And this week people say the bad part is starting now...
Yes, I get that it is a matter of taste and everybody obviously thinks differently about what the weak points of this arc are. For me personally it´s the whole thing.

So far it has pretty much been getting through 3-5 bad episodes to get to one good episode. The problem with the good episodes though is that we are just getting teased in those and nothing ever gets resolved.
Episode 95 for example. That ending where it was announced that killua and gon are going to fight pitou was very exciting.
But guess what... it seems like that won´t happen until 20 episodes later.
Netero showing up very early in this arc was extremely cool too. But other than killing a few nameless ants he hasn´t done anything yet.
Wanna see the royal guards fight? Nope! I bet you´d rather see Gon go on a date right?
That is all this arc is. Almost giving you something nice just to take it away in the last second and throwing shit in your face for 5 weeks. Those 5 weeks then build up to a good episode that makes you extremely excited for the next episode. And you wait that whole week in excitement! What is going to happen? Oh it´s shit in my face again...
Oct 17, 2013 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
So far I am liking this Arc,but pacing is way slower than Arcs before. But compared to One Piece,of which I saw around 600 eps this is still pretty good,so I do not really mind.
Killua got pretty big power-up and it is interesting to watch him fight even though there are hardly any big fights.
So waiting for next episode,wondering about chameleon-ant´s intention.
Oct 17, 2013 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
the episode was AWESOME!!
i totally love it especially killua's impressing fights with ants
Oct 17, 2013 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
Man, wanted to hear what Chameleon man wanted so bad! Lots of fights, great episode. Anyway, congrats HxH on 100 amazingly entertaining episodes!!!!

Oct 17, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
YYH episode 73-74: Yusuke vs psychopathic guy in glasses.
HxH (2011) episode 73-74: Gon vs psychopathic guy in glasses.

YYH episode 100: Hiei making badass maneuvers.
HxH (2011) episode 100: Killua making badass maneuvers.

Something I noticed. =]

And @confused_Imakuni
At least these fodder characters have put up actual struggles here and there. Killua really could have died if he had just not been immune to poison. Sure, there was the aspect of plot-armor at play in the moment as well, but it's just something to consider. He could have also gotten eaten alive at the end of this episode, had he not been coordinated to use those tentacles on the spot. These are fodders with brains & balls.
ShigyCOct 17, 2013 12:10 PM
Oct 17, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2008
confused_Imakuni said:
So far it has pretty much been getting through 3-5 bad episodes to get to one good episode. The problem with the good episodes though is that we are just getting teased in those and nothing ever gets resolved.
Episode 95 for example. That ending where it was announced that killua and gon are going to fight pitou was very exciting.
Netero showing up very early in this arc was extremely cool too. But other than killing a few nameless ants he hasn´t done anything yet.
Wanna see the royal guards fight? Nope! I bet you´d rather see Gon go on a date right?
That is all this arc is. Almost giving you something nice just to take it away in the last second and throwing shit in your face for 5 weeks. Those 5 weeks then build up to a good episode that makes you extremely excited for the next episode. And you wait that whole week in excitement! What is going to happen? Oh it´s shit in my face again...

I would agree with your premise, if not for the fact that even these "mundane" episodes still make most shonen pale in comparison at their best. You're right; there's an incredible build up going on here, but you really can't expect resolutions so early on in the arc. The characters got to work their way into the country, each with their own secondary objectives, before actually facing the prime threat, and you're seeing that right now. If it was all completely inconsequential, I would be annoyed too, but these episodes really aren't - important stuff happens before they arrive at the capital, and if these last two episodes are of any indication, that stuff is largely happening right now. They're fighting lower-tier ants, but it's not throwing them in for the sake of filler; everything here serves to illustrate a purpose, and substantiates the story much more than it would have been otherwise. I honestly can't think of an unnecessary episode that's happened in a good while (except arguably the Phantom Troupe stuff, though I would personally disagree).

TL;DR, I guess I'm just trying to say that each episode has actual substance. The pacing may be a bit slower and methodical, but it's not bullshitting its audience. It doesn't hurt either, that it's entertaining to boot.
Oct 17, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
ValeBreck said:
Finally the 100Th episode
I'm impressed, they animated some scenes which were censored even in the manga

Oh, really? Which ones?
Oct 17, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
That Ant team in the forest reminded me of Robin Hood's gang for some reason, haha. Enjoyable episode. :)
Oct 17, 2013 6:30 PM
Sep 2013
confused_Imakuni said:
First thing: I liked this episode.
It´s kind of a mirror episode from last week. Here we get the first half plot and the second half killua fighting "fodder" and last week was Gon fighting fodder and then the plot development.
The big difference is that seeing killua fight is just much more interesting than seeing Gon. And this weeks opponents were a lot more creative than the ones Gon had to fight.
But this episode also makes me very scared of what is to come. It seems like we will be gettin a loooot more episodes like this. Gotta take out the trash first before the fun starts and in this case it´s way too much fucking trash.

Which brings me to my second point:
What I am hearing in this forum since pretty much the start of this arc is that we just need to get through "this part" here until the "good part" of this arc is starting. I am pretty sure there isn´t a single episode discussion where somebody is bringing that up. Last week I read we just need to get through episode 99 until it is getting really good. And this week people say the bad part is starting now...
Yes, I get that it is a matter of taste and everybody obviously thinks differently about what the weak points of this arc are. For me personally it´s the whole thing.

I guess, it could appear that way to a person who only follows the anime but let me tell everything in this arc is important for development (looking back when this is all over, you'll realize this). The only thing close to being a fodder fight were the PT vs Zazaan episodes but even those had its importance (showing the effects of the ant outbreak, Kalluto and showing that Zoldyck family picture that includes a certain someone). Meleoreon was observing Gon's fight in episode 99 and Killua's fight in episode 100 was a set up for episode 101, which will not only introduce a new character but cover one of the more important developments in this arc. If you're getting annoyed by the constant teases (rather than the last few episodes being shit, I think the teases just got to you), I was as well, then I suggest putting the series on hold. Do anything but read the manga as the Madhouse has been doing an excellent job of so far. People need to realize that this isn't your usual HxH arc in terms of length and development, it's more of saga than anything.
CresherhsmOct 17, 2013 6:49 PM
Oct 17, 2013 7:13 PM
May 2013
I haven't read the manga yet but if there's anything I've learned from this show in general is that Togashi REALLY likes to troll on these predictable outcomes. Something tells me these teaser match ups just aren't gonna go down as is especially with the King's. I mean it's fairly clear that the match ups will meet but the results afterward might not be as clear cut as what most people would expect.

Some examples as to why I say this
Heaven's Arena - thought they were gonna try to go to the top floor...NOPE
Yorknew - thought Kurapika would wipe them out one by one....NOPE
Greed Island - Ging trolling his son twice by first, not being on Greed Island and second, not being the price. ( I mean jesus it was already a smart neat thing on Gon's part but meeting Kite instead puts a whole another level of trolling lol)
Oct 18, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
Xvenger said:
I haven't read the manga yet but if there's anything I've learned from this show in general is that Togashi REALLY likes to troll on these predictable outcomes. Something tells me these teaser match ups just aren't gonna go down as is especially with the King's. I mean it's fairly clear that the match ups will meet but the results afterward might not be as clear cut as what most people would expect.

Some examples as to why I say this
Heaven's Arena - thought they were gonna try to go to the top floor...NOPE
Yorknew - thought Kurapika would wipe them out one by one....NOPE
Greed Island - Ging trolling his son twice by first, not being on Greed Island and second, not being the price. ( I mean jesus it was already a smart neat thing on Gon's part but meeting Kite instead puts a whole another level of trolling lol)

I wouldn´t mind if those matchups actually never happens. As long as SOMETHING is gonna happen xD

I agree that Togashi does unpredictable things a lot of the time and that´s why I liked his writing so far too. Yorknew is just one unpredictable arc altogether and there almost no fights, but all of them make sense and are clever. xD

Dangerr said:
confused_Imakuni said:

I would agree with your premise, if not for the fact that even these "mundane" episodes still make most shonen pale in comparison at their best. You're right; there's an incredible build up going on here, but you really can't expect resolutions so early on in the arc. The characters got to work their way into the country, each with their own secondary objectives, before actually facing the prime threat, and you're seeing that right now. If it was all completely inconsequential, I would be annoyed too, but these episodes really aren't - important stuff happens before they arrive at the capital, and if these last two episodes are of any indication, that stuff is largely happening right now. They're fighting lower-tier ants, but it's not throwing them in for the sake of filler; everything here serves to illustrate a purpose, and substantiates the story much more than it would have been otherwise. I honestly can't think of an unnecessary episode that's happened in a good while (except arguably the Phantom Troupe stuff, though I would personally disagree).

TL;DR, I guess I'm just trying to say that each episode has actual substance. The pacing may be a bit slower and methodical, but it's not bullshitting its audience. It doesn't hurt either, that it's entertaining to boot.

And I agree with you too. While my post sounded like pure hate, it´s not like I hate this series or even that arc.
The "fodder fights" we saw this episode and even last week were still way above any other fodder fights from other series.
And sometimes they are necessary to build up to something. But yeah... like I already said... there has just been so much build up in this arc now that I grow tired of it.
Oct 18, 2013 1:34 AM

Sep 2013
It's sort of reassuring to know that Togashi didn't start going absolutely crazy with hiatuses until 20 chapters after this episode.

ShigyCOct 18, 2013 1:52 AM
Oct 18, 2013 2:26 AM

May 2008
Ikalgo and Meleoron! 100th Episode!
Oct 18, 2013 2:52 AM

Sep 2012
endlessdevotion said:
ValeBreck said:
Finally the 100Th episode
I'm impressed, they animated some scenes which were censored even in the manga

Oh, really? Which ones?

Not that guy but it is these

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v23/c236/3.html (this was decensored later by another scanlation group)

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v23/c236/5.html (decensored as well)

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/20867/hunter-x-hunter_ch236_by_nexgear/7
Oct 18, 2013 6:32 AM

Oct 2011
Killua was awesome!!!!
Oct 18, 2013 10:14 AM

May 2013
The scanlation group has nothing do to with the removing of the censorship: the censored version that you posted is taken from WSJ, and the decensored version was drawned by Togashi himself for the tankobon release.
Oct 18, 2013 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
nanny96 said:
The scanlation group has nothing do to with the removing of the censorship: the censored version that you posted is taken from WSJ, and the decensored version was drawned by Togashi himself for the tankobon release.

That was the case for the second one, but not for the first. The first one was still censored in the tankobon release.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.