Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2013 2:42 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
...and he actually confesses after he loses the game.
NidhoeggrSep 27, 2013 2:13 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 26, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2009
Except he loses the game.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 27, 2013 2:09 AM

Nov 2008
No stop stop stop
Sep 27, 2013 2:13 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
...and he actually confesses after he wins the game.

...which totally made my day.
“Ink to paper is thoughtful
Ink to flesh, hard-core.
If Shakespeare were a tattooist
We'd appreciate body art more.”
― Terri Guillemets
Sep 27, 2013 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
CG said:
Except he loses the game.

Fixed it.

IssueYellow said:

...which totally made my day.

Chihaya's reaction was glorious, finally this subplot is moving forward. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 27, 2013 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
I wonder what Taichi's reaction would be.
“Ink to paper is thoughtful
Ink to flesh, hard-core.
If Shakespeare were a tattooist
We'd appreciate body art more.”
― Terri Guillemets
Oct 4, 2013 10:21 AM

Jun 2010
IssueYellow said:
I wonder what Taichi's reaction would be.

Me too, but he can't have anything to complain about as he had nearly 2 years to come clean about his feelings to Chihaya, he had a hell of an advantage over Arata, due to him living in the same city & going to the same school as Chihaya.

My honest opinion about the way the author may end this manga, is that Chihaya ends up with Arata or that she chooses to stay friends between both Arata & Taichi.
Oct 10, 2013 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
Whoa. That is all.

Lol @ Chihaya this chapter though. Fucking glorious.
Oct 10, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

I CANT HAVE THAT... I JUST CANT HAVE THAT...

I CANT HAVE IT THAT WATAYA WINS CHIHAYA'S HEART WHEREN CHIHAYA (I LOVE YOU SO MUCH) BUT IS TOO DARN DAMN STUPID TO NOTICE TAICHI WHO IS ALWAYS WITH YOU..

I CANT HAVE THAT...

BUT ALSO TAICHI WHO SHOULD HAVE MADE THE MOVE ALREADY Q _ Q
CALLING HIMSELF CHIHAYA'S BOYFRIEND T ^ T

PLEASE DEAR GOD TURN THIS MANGA AROUND AND PLEASE GODDD I CANT HAVE IT BE WATAYA X CHIHAYA!!! DUHDUOFH Q _______ Q
Oct 10, 2013 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
mg ch 119 was totally awesome and also not.
I think nobody cares, but Harada-sensei won!!!!!!!! I jumped (out of my chair) of joy!!!! It was so beauful seeing Tachi and Chihaya like that and everyone happy. Yeah!!! Arata lost, but then he confessed to Chihaya(me angry). I was sooo glad Taichi didn't had to endure that, because he was away to bring Suo-meijin his scarf T.T I wonder if this really is Suetsugu Yuki's intention the do it this way, but Taichi needs to take action. ch120 suddenly had a lot of romance in it; Sumire's sadness and love for her beloved Mashima-senpai which heart she is gonna break, Komano's love for Kana, Chihaya's love for Harada-sensei's brilliance and Taichi's love fro Chihaya and what's up with his reaction to Suo-meijin's match(Taihi told him he's Chihaya's boyfrine XD)? Come on Taichi you can go for it!!!!! go go go!!!!! I am always rooting for you Taichi!!!!!

Lulexiaa said:
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

I CANT HAVE THAT... I JUST CANT HAVE THAT...

I CANT HAVE IT THAT WATAYA WINS CHIHAYA'S HEART WHEREN CHIHAYA (I LOVE YOU SO MUCH) BUT IS TOO DARN DAMN STUPID TO NOTICE TAICHI WHO IS ALWAYS WITH YOU..

I CANT HAVE THAT...

BUT ALSO TAICHI WHO SHOULD HAVE MADE THE MOVE ALREADY Q _ Q
CALLING HIMSELF CHIHAYA'S BOYFRIEND T ^ T

PLEASE DEAR GOD TURN THIS MANGA AROUND AND PLEASE GODDD I CANT HAVE IT BE WATAYA X CHIHAYA!!! DUHDUOFH Q _______ Q

I totally agree with you, I just can't stand Arata.
It HAS to be ChihayaxTaichi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 10, 2013 5:35 PM

Feb 2011
OMG!!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!! 10000X TIMES YES!!!! ARATA YOU REALLY DID IT!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF HIM!!!!! HE FINALLY SAID THAT HE'S IN LOVE WITH CHIHAYA!!!!!! OMG!!!! YESS!!! THAT'S SO CUTE!!!!! THOSE TWO ARE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER AND YES READING THIS CHAPTER WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION REALLY MAKE MY DAY!!!!! CHIHAYA X ARATA TOGETHER FOREVER!!!! ^_______________________^
Oct 10, 2013 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
HE SAID IT!!! (even though he lost) BUT HE SAID IT
I AM SO CONFLICTED
But Taichi has had many opportunities. TAICHI DON'T GIVE UP
Oct 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
I'm with Arata all the way.
Oct 16, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2012
GUHGUHGUH ARATA WAS SUPER CUTE CONFESSING CHIHAYA AND ARATA WERE MEANT TO BE

BUT TAICHI

*CRIES* IS A THREESOME NOT POSSIBLE????
Oct 17, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
OMG, so cute!!!

I am rooting for ARATAxCHIHAYA all the way!! Finally something is moving (: I also love Chihaya's reaction...Lol, did she just faint or just like out of breath? Chihaya is really adorable and so was Arata this chapter!

I am kind of worried though...Seeing as Arata is the FIRST one to confess to Chihaya since I feel like Taichi will have a chance later as well before Chihaya can decide for sure who she loves romantically in the end.
Oct 18, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2006
MaceTheDon said:
My honest opinion about the way the author may end this manga, is that Chihaya ends up with Arata or that she chooses to stay friends between both Arata & Taichi.

And end up together with Suo mejin! lol i liked that couple.

but Arata is better!! x3 this chapter was sooooo awesome I loved it <3 finally some development!. I hope Chihaya gives Arata the love he's lacking!.
Oct 27, 2013 10:22 AM

Mar 2010
I've waited long enough for this moment.
Oct 28, 2013 10:32 PM

Feb 2011
Siesta said:
I've waited long enough for this moment.

Oh yes, I totally agree, all Chihaya x Arata shippers waited so long for this moment and YES IT FINALLY CAME TRUE!!!!! Arata is one step closer to have Chihaya's love, OH YES!!!! OMG!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE MOMENTS OF CHIHAYA X ARATA ( IT'S GOING TO BE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!) *_*
Dec 26, 2013 5:10 AM
Jan 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARATA IS SO BRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taichi is a coward WHY DIDN'T HE CONFESS SOONER. Honestly i think Chihaya should pick the guy who has the guts to confess first lol.
Apr 18, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
Arata finally confessed to her, and I LOLed and Chihaya's reaction.

But was that really the main highlight the chapter? HARADA-SENSEI WON, despite not having any of the advantages that a younger player has. It shows how passion for the game and sheer hard work is able to stand a chance against talent, and this is the message that he is showing Taichi. Also, note that he also went to medical school, so is this also foreshadowing Taichi's path in life? I'm really happy for Harada-sensei.
Jul 17, 2014 8:25 AM
Sep 2012
best chapter.

ArataXChihaya 4ever
Jul 6, 2015 11:49 AM
Sep 2014
ARATA FTW!!!
Oct 21, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
FUCK OUT OF HERE ARATA
YOU FUCKING UNDO EVERYTHING TAICHI EVER DOES IN FIVE SECONDS
TAICHI MADE SO MUCH PROGRESS, ESPECIALLY IN THE MIND OF CHIHAYA, BUT YOU AND YOUR FUCKING GOD-MODE DOMINATE EVERYTHING WITH UTMOST DIVINITY
JUST STOP OK
AND NOW TAICHI EVEN HAS THE RESOLVE TO MAKE HIS ADVANCES
FUCKKKK
YOU
ARATA
FUCK U
Oct 21, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
(yay for Harada sensei :) )
Dec 30, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2013
F*ck no T____T
Taichi is so idiot!!! You were beside Chihaya ALL this time but you never confessed!! Baka! Baka!!
Jun 27, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
YAY TO HARADA SENSEI! i am soooo happy for him, he honestly deserves it. imagine what a boost that is for taichi and others that werent blessed with talent. hard work will always prevail in the end!!!

now that's out of the way,
OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 2 CONFESSIONS IN 1 CHAPTER
I WASNT PREPARED FOR THIS. IT CAME OUTTA NO WHERE.
THAT BLUSH
THAT COOL STATEMENT - although directed towards the wrong person and a lil too late, might i say >:[

I DUNNO WHO TO SHIP HER WITH ANYMORE.
Chihaya and Arata seem to compliment each other a lot due to their many similarities and talent. Also, if i were Chihaya, I would go for Arata tbh. The fact that he confessed first shows that he's confident in himself. Also, their phone calls with one another?? Despite being so far away from each other for so long, they never stopped thinking about each other, even if it wasnt romantic. COME ON HE'S TALENTED AND HARD WORKING TOO.
BUT TAICHI ALWAYS HAD HER BACK. HE LOVED HER FOR SO LONG. PLUS THEY LOOK SO GOOD TOGETHER. He's been busy working on himself, missing his mannnnny chances to confess which is such a shame. This type of romance is more realistic, since he's always been there for her and she's there for him.

I would be more devastated if Chihaya ended up with Arata bc Taichi has gone through so much heartache. Arata looks like the type that would cope ok, even if Chihaya ended up with Taichi???

also i was hoping that the current meijin would have a chance with chihaya as well but i guess not lololol

EITHER WAY, I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING. BOUT TIME WE GET SOME ROMANTIC PROGRESS IN THIS MANGA
moonlightxJun 27, 2016 8:13 AM
Oct 26, 2016 3:04 AM

Apr 2016
YESSS I'm Arata all the way. Arata is so honest.

Taichi had all the chances in the world to confess his feelings (same town, same club, same school, same karuta society) but then he doesn't. Instead, he goes all sneaky behind her back telling Suou Meijin that he's her boyfriend and telling him to back off even though he has NO right to say that... Taichi is too sneaky for me. He's always had that sneaky side, ever since he stole Arata's glasses, and also when he hit on Chihaya (trying to hold her hand) while he hadn't broken up with his girlfriend yet...

Arata is pure and honest and so is Chihaya <3 And to people arguing that Arata also has a 'dark' side( as seen in a recent chapter), I was actually surprised that it took Arata that long to get jealous of Taichi. I mean, after all the bullying he endured from Taichi during their childhood, Arata was so kind and really didn't mind it because he was too focused on karuta. And Arata always forgave Taichi like when Taichi stole his glasses. And even after Arata saw Taichi as a good friend still, Taichi still viewed Arata only as an enemy. So Arata had every right to finally start feeling jealous.

Meanwhile, Taichi really is just being sly. Instead of lying to boys who like Chihaya and threatening them, he should just come clean with Chihaya already if he really likes her all that much.

Go Arata!!
Oct 29, 2017 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
Wow,what a chapter.

Arata didn't get a chance at Suous title,but instead he made a move on his love interest,this really,really took me by surprise...And there's also Taichi who declares that Chihaya belongs to him, well this love triangle may end up causing a lot of drama.

Anyway congrats to Harada, tears were flowing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2018 11:33 PM

Jul 2016
Kiraikotsu said:
YESSS I'm Arata all the way. Arata is so honest.

Taichi had all the chances in the world to confess his feelings (same town, same club, same school, same karuta society) but then he doesn't. Instead, he goes all sneaky behind her back telling Suou Meijin that he's her boyfriend and telling him to back off even though he has NO right to say that... Taichi is too sneaky for me. He's always had that sneaky side, ever since he stole Arata's glasses, and also when he hit on Chihaya (trying to hold her hand) while he hadn't broken up with his girlfriend yet...

Arata is pure and honest and so is Chihaya <3 And to people arguing that Arata also has a 'dark' side( as seen in a recent chapter), I was actually surprised that it took Arata that long to get jealous of Taichi. I mean, after all the bullying he endured from Taichi during their childhood, Arata was so kind and really didn't mind it because he was too focused on karuta. And Arata always forgave Taichi like when Taichi stole his glasses. And even after Arata saw Taichi as a good friend still, Taichi still viewed Arata only as an enemy. So Arata had every right to finally start feeling jealous.

Meanwhile, Taichi really is just being sly. Instead of lying to boys who like Chihaya and threatening them, he should just come clean with Chihaya already if he really likes her all that much.

Go Arata!!

SO MUCH THIS!!!

I started reading Chihayafuru just a week ago so I'm very behind lol (pls don't spoil me) and this chapter made me sooooo happy!!! Harada-sensei's win made me tear up, he's one of my favorite characters and he so DESERVES to challenge the meijin!!! This match was A M A Z I N G. Not only that but Arata confessed!!! Oh my god I screamed so hard and it's 4am. That scene was just too cute and I love the pairing so much ughhh 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Nov 24, 2018 12:24 AM

Feb 2011
@LaauRamone OH YES, I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR SHOUTING FROM EXCITEMENT: I REMEMBER WHEN THIS CHAPTER FIRST ARRIVE AND READ IT: I WAS SO OVERLY EXCITE THAT I COULDN'T CONTROL MYSELF, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARATA TOLD AND SHOWN HIS AFFECTIONS TOWARDS CHIHAYA WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND MEANINGFUL, I WAS SCREAMING AND CRYING FROM ALL THE JOY ( AND ALL TEH CHIHAYA X ARATA SHIPPERS ARE INCREDIBLY HAPPY: noticed in how their "both" interpret how they feel for each other using karuta: when Chihaya said to Arata was so sweet and her love towards both karuta and Arata MEANS SO MUCH FOR HER: when she wants something so badly she parts away with it ( sending it far from her)so she can reach out to it ( never wants to apart from): its exactly how she feels and sees Arata in her world: and after she expressed and told those words towards Arata: he finally realized what he always felt for Chihaya was always "love" ROMANTIC: WHEN ARATA SAID TO CHIHAYA "I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU , CHIHAYA" he said in how sweet way and how he was smiling so gently WAS SO PRICELESS so happy to know how much he loves her ( loving her is one of the best things he found and felt in his life"): OMG, the scene afterwards when he was being to formal when he said "if you like, let's play katruta together then" AND YES, EVEN THOSE WORDS CARRY A SUCH IMPORTANT MEANING TO ARATA AND HOPEFULLY SHARING THIS HAPPINESS WHILE WITH CHIHAYA, OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I really love how Chihaya and Arata shown their affections towards each other: using teh story's theme to express their feelings ( KARUTA), not those generic romance story we get to see so often: THEIR LOVE IS SO MAGICAL AND BEAUTIFUL, IS A PAIR WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THIS CHAPTER BEING ANIMATED: OMG GET READY, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!) XD
sweetangieNov 24, 2018 12:31 AM
Sep 25, 2019 6:01 AM

Feb 2019
It's nice to see older guys get their turn, first inokuma and then harada.

Chihaya x arata ftw.
Still don't get why people hate arata for no fucking reason. Taichi had all the chances in the world to confess or even steal chihaya's heart. Arata on other hand lives far away from chihaya and still cares about her.
I am fine with anyone x chihaya except taichi.
Dec 9, 2019 6:00 AM
Jun 2014
So in short Chi-chan is the reason Arata lost? Haha! Amazing match though! Harada-sensei is one tough customer! Great win for him!

The way Chi-chan tilts her head to look at Arata's face is so kawaii! Who wouldn't fall for her if she looked at you like that? Her reaction is also so her! She's stunned after 'Suki ya' but after she hears, 'Let's play Karuta together.' sparks start to fly!! Lol! Can't wait to see all this beautifully animated!

As an artist, I'm trying to understand why is the confession page drawn so blandly? No sparkles or the flowery border that mangaka likes to use for special moments! Nothing!

Dec 9, 2019 7:59 AM
Oct 2009
Avish said:
As an artist, I'm trying to understand why is the confession page drawn so blandly? No sparkles or the flowery border that mangaka likes to use for special moments! Nothing!

Since Arata blurted out his confession so casually, maybe she wanted to keep that emotion by not drawing everything overly dramatic.
Dec 9, 2019 8:32 AM
Jun 2014
ShrewOne said:
Avish said:

Since Arata blurted out his confession so casually, maybe she wanted to keep that emotion by not drawing everything overly dramatic.

Hmm. Good point. Makes sense. :)

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.