Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Mikasa was badass this episode. Eren wanna kill someone again, surprise mofo. Can't wait for the final episode next week, but i'm confident for a new season. I wonder if Eren is gonna get a powerup of some sort in his last fight because he obviously can't win against Annie by normal means. Maybe they can discuss their problems over a cup of tea..
MacasuSep 21, 2013 5:30 PM
Sep 21, 2013 5:26 PM

Oct 2011
Fucking amazing episode. I lost my shit!!
Sep 21, 2013 5:26 PM
Jul 2013
Such a good element to add into the episode with Eren's failed attempts at transforming, he went through hell just to get into the fight, loved it O_o
Sep 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
Half filler episode, but it was good anw.
Sep 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
A lot of the animation was great this episode and I liked seeing more of certain characters. But I agree with several posters here about how OOC some characters were acting and that ruined it for me.

Like Eren... was impaled on a stick. The unstable debris around him could've come down at any second and crushed and killed him and the characters only cared about that very real possibility a little. Definitely not enough given how much significance they usually place on him and how important he is to their plans. Why would Annie let herself be drawn away by Armin? She knows where Eren is. She should've tried to grab him and run.

Some weirdass character development for Eren. All of a sudden he has issues with him becoming a monster. Wasn't that resolved during the last arc? It hasn't been an issue in the manga since Trost. And the amount of hesitance Eren showed when faced with his own ideals about fighting to survive makes him a gigantic hypocrite and a lot weaker than in the manga. Also he doesn't want to annihilate Annie. A key difference between their relationship and Eren's relationship with everyone else who kills/fucks people over is that he was open to being empathetic about her reasons. imo He doesn't have the same motivations when it comes to fighting Annie as most other titans.

They also cut out the wall cult scene which set the tone for a huge reveal. Weird.

I hope the preview isn't implying that Eren goes out of control again. "Onward to destroy this entire world." etc.
Sep 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
Tekii said:
Good episode. Mikasa was badass this episode. Eren wanna kill someone, surprise mofo. Can't wait for the final episode next week, but im pretty confident in a new season. Wonder if Eren is gonna get a powerup in the last fight because he obviously can't win against Annie by normal means.

What do you mean?

he held his own whilst fighting her alone (this time the whole of the Scouting Legion are with him)
he only lost to her because he was shocked when he recognized her fighting style, before that whilst he wasn't winning, he had the female titan backpedaling.
Sep 21, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
That was fucking amazing! The OST amplifies the intensity so much, I had goosebumps the whole time. Seeing Eren constantly biting himself and struggling to transform was quite painful and disturbing to watch. Mikasa was really badass especially with those serious-looking eyes. So back then, Annie in her titan form kicked Eren titan's head off, DAMN! I really like Jean's character, he has matured so much since the beginning. Hanji really surprised me this episode. She can be really intimidating at times! Annie was still able to break free from the trap. The scene with Eren transforming into a titan was done AMAZINGLY WELL - His facial expressions and all that blood. Just wow! Dat fucking punch! Finale is going to be AWESOME!
5/5

Aug 2013
As a manga reader, I don't know what to say.

Oh right: some of the changes I didn't like too much, but overall, nicely done. Hanji got in a good shot at being creepy, at that.
Annie just gets more epic, whether good or bad.
Anticipating the next and last.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."

Aug 2013
No one else liked Hanji's epicness this episode? :I

Also I liked the way Eren punched Annie in the manga better, coming out of the building and SHORYUKENNNNNNNNNN was cooler
Sep 21, 2013 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:

Also I liked the way Eren punched Annie in the manga better, coming out of the building and SHORYUKENNNNNNNNNN was cooler

I agree. And I LOVED Hanji this episode.
Sep 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2012
Really nice eye candy this week
Sep 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2010
MikasaxEren said:
niaxato said:
Gonna have to start calling Eren "Princess Pinch" from now on. His sucking is getting a little old, but hopefully in the future he will suck less.

Good episode though.

Come on?
Eren saves everybody at Trost
Closes the breach at Trost
Has more titan kills than any other trainee
Has saved Mikasa more times than she has saved him, yet everybody thinks she is a badass? (she is, but so is Eren)

I mean the guy just got told the girl who taught him to fight and was a close friend had murdered his friends and comrades and betrayed him. He then has tonnes of debris dropped on him. So of course he is going to take a little while to get into fighting shape, but when he did...

The only trainees better than him are RBA and Mikasa so he's pretty good for a human.
I only wish they had given Eren more time to process all this. I thought he believed them or what his eyes saw till Annie transformed in front of him.

MikasaxEren said:

I think it could be her jealousy as well, notice what she say's to Annie.
"I won't let you have Eren"
Have? Oh dear Mikasa is jealous. That and the look on her face and eyes when she asks him about "certain feelings" involving Annie.
Another Mikaere moment as well when Eren pulls them close to transform, Armin doesn't bat and eyelid yet Mikasa gets all flustered... I wonder why?

Oh man, I didn't catch the Mikaere moment till you mentioned it XD

If anyone now argues that Mikasa dosen't have feelings for Eren, I'll much them watch that scene XD
Its in Ep24, right between transition from the cannon/arm thing and Eren pulling them close.

ErenxMikasa said:

Hanji was epic, the level of intensity she has is just insane XD I agree the manga was cooler, that puch was way epic.
Sep 21, 2013 5:33 PM

Jun 2013
DAT 3DMG SCENES
Sep 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode
Very tense and suspenseful.
CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT SATURDAY
Sep 21, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2007
2/5

Worst episode since the end of the drawn-out Trost saga, for me. I could see how off the art was during the animation so much that it completely detracted from what I was watching. My eyes never picked up on art issues during 3DMG before. Minimal detail. Expected jaw-dropping animation smex after reading the first few comments... and I ended up just watching a (mostly) non-fluid sequence of shots requiring a ton of BD touch-ups. Not good.

The worst part of the ep wasn't art/animation, though--it was the blatant stupidity of the action itself. I honestly can't remember exactly how the manga went, but I'm pretty sure Eren transformed after the Mikasa bit (vaguely recall the 'run both ways' plan). The entire scouting legion (bar Erwin, Levi & Jean) were lying in wait - we even saw the non-disguised ones waiting on rooftop - but it was all up to Armin and Mikasa?... And there was this bit where Jean arrived and Armin RAN BY Annie's foot, after being a distance away from her in the shot prior; Annie not moving to squish him. Time-wasting action bullshit that lead nowhere and looked bad. Had filler written all over it.

I know Shingeki has pacing issues. I knew only one chapter would be adapted. I knew Eren wouldn't transform until the end for a cliffhanger. But even knowing all that and liking the series, it got to me. The episode was like a mix of everything bad about the show: talking about what we already know; awful art consistency; nothing happening in an ep (Eren transformed... that's it). And the fact it's gonna end next ep with little more than another single chapter unless the ep is extended for the cinema makes it all but certain that it's gonna end with a whimper. Ep21 was the high-point of the show and it's been on its way down ever since.

...positives? Mikasa's face when she was questioning Eren about his lack of passion when duty calls. The closest she's got to yandere. Eren deffo needs one of those JP school girls bringing him a bento, if only to see how Mikasa reacts/whether she kills the other girl, herself, Eren or all three.
AironicallyHumanSep 21, 2013 6:17 PM
Sep 21, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2013
Dat transformation.

In that flashback, the room was so empty because... Levi's Squad... (T_T)

Titan Annie vs Mikasa!

Oh Nile, you have no idea what's happening. Let Erwin tell you.

Dat Hanji.

So much blood. There was Eren biting his hand. There was Eren being crushed. There was Eren being pierce through.
In the end, there was Eren. Titan Eren to be exact.

Titan Fight Rematch! I wonder how they'll end this.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 21, 2013 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
Man Erens transformation is always great with the OST and animation.
Sep 21, 2013 5:40 PM

Apr 2013
The episode was awesome enough said
I'm gonna miss it when it ends
Sep 21, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/jEUQIR7.jpg
End card by the anime character designer this week.
[center]
Sep 21, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
OHHH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. I love this show so damn much. I can't believe that there is just one episode left (of this season anyway).

Normally, I find action really boring. But SnK really knows how to get me pumped and this episode was intense. The soundtrack really helped with that, as well as those wonderfully animated scenes of everyone using their 3-D Maneuver Gear.

Everyone's expressions were also intense in this episode. Mikasa's eyes were terrifying.

I just love these characters so much. All of them. I wish I could write all that I wanted to about them, but if I did that, I would be here all night.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to the next episode. The last episode. As well as that cliffhanger ending that I know we are going to have.
Sep 21, 2013 5:43 PM

Oct 2011
Mills said:
Yuuussss they played my favorite song on the OST during the Female Titan transformation scene in the very beginning.Then Bauklotze on Eren's transformation.

That scene with him biting his hand repeatedly was nasty lol. I was cringing when he was getting out from being trapped in the rubble.

TITAN FIGHT PART TWO NEXT EPISODE.
Kind of unbelievable that there's only one episode left though :(

"Attack on Titans" was playing when he transformed, and it's also my favorite soundtrack!!

Apr 2009
VioLink said:

Christ, Ymir is so handsome. Can't wait for her to shine next season.

Aug 2012
VioLink said:

For some reason that reminded me of the fairy tail sign with the hand/finger pointing upwards

Sep 2011
Anyone know the OST played during Erens transformation?
Sep 21, 2013 5:44 PM
Sep 2012
I'm worried about the preview. It seems very different from what should be coming.
Anime original ending still possible, perhaps?
Sep 21, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2012
Had to replay that beginning twice,cause it was so damn exciting.

Eren can't transform.So he continually bites his hand unable to transform.
(Yuki Kaji did a good job when Eren was biting himself,you could really feel the pain.)

Annie got captured again.Hange is a freak,once she started talking about how she was going to devour Annie XD.Annie escapes.

Eren finally transforms.This looks painful as fuck.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/f867e1578d3cd6f693efa4acb209686d/tumblr_mti3feBtcO1r2ekw7o6_1280.png
http://i.minus.com/ibdRaXXXJC346T.gif

The animation this episode was just absolutely phenomenal.The ost was intense as fuck too,especially when Eren transformed.

If this episode was this fucking amazing can't even imagine how intense episode 25 is going to be.Next episode Eren vs Annie round two.

One episode left,damn don't know what to do now that it's finally reaching it's end.I'm guessing we'll get a second season 2 years from now to build anticipation and so they can cash in on the manga sale the most they can.
VanishingKiraSep 21, 2013 5:51 PM
Sep 21, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
Best episode since the introduction of Armored Titan.

Loved the Hanji stuff, it's always great to see her go crazy lol.
Sep 21, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
Soliia said:
OHHH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. I love this show so damn much. I can't believe that there is just one episode left (of this season anyway).

Normally, I find action really boring. But SnK really knows how to get me pumped and this episode was intense. The soundtrack really helped with that, as well as those wonderfully animated scenes of everyone using their 3-D Maneuver Gear.

Everyone's expressions were also intense in this episode. Mikasa's eyes were terrifying.

I just love these characters so much. All of them. I wish I could write all that I wanted to about them, but if I did that, I would be here all night.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to the next episode. The last episode. As well as that cliffhanger ending that I know we are going to have.

That makes me think, does Levi have an odd fascination with bowel movements?

I think the Hanji filler made this episode 10x cooler
Sep 21, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
ErenxMikasa said:
Soliia said:

Funnily enough she made the same mistake Levi did. Talking smack to her when they thought they had the upper hand
Sep 21, 2013 5:48 PM
May 2009
Stark700 said:
I remember this from the manga. I think they extended the scenes a little though.

lol @ a little

at least half of this episode was filler
Sep 21, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2012
OMG
One more episode left! I will miss this anime!!!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 21, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Soliia said:

Funnily enough she made the same mistake Levi did. Talking smack to her when they thought they had the upper hand

I think she would have gotten away either way.
Sep 21, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
Anyway, Great episode! Damn now I see where they pooled all their budget...

For this episode however, they filled in with some anime-original content, like some action scenes of the army taking on Annie, Eren seeing Jean and being covered by debris, and even Hanji leading a group with capturing her with improvised hooks. I could see that as a means of prolonging the episode. Still, it was great considering how much they invested on the action scenes alone, and the enjoyment factor for me never waned in the slightest.

That scene with Eren biting his way to transform was very painful to see, not to mention being impaled and fight his way through that stake that struck him through his chest. His justification was logical however, as he trusts his comrades more than anything else. However, now with this new crisis in sight, he must transform or its the end for humanity.

Whew, gotta wait for another week. The last week of SnK!!!
Suzune-chanSep 21, 2013 6:27 PM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Sep 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
wtf! >:
i guess there's no chance for annie x eren now :(
Sep 21, 2013 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
sick742 said:
wtf! >:
i guess there's no chance for annie x eren now :(

There never was
Sep 21, 2013 5:57 PM
May 2011
Trebel said:
Another suspenseful cliffhanger leading into another suspenseful cliffhanger. I wish SOMETHING would happen during an episode instead of between episodes. :/

Eren just becomes more and more of a pussy to me... <.<

How is he a pussy? I'd like to see you try gnawing your hand off like he did.
Sep 21, 2013 6:02 PM
Oct 2012
expecting more. oh well good enough. one more and its over. it had better not end with a big cliff hanger!
Sep 21, 2013 6:05 PM

May 2009
Pipoko said:
I'm worried about the preview. It seems very different from what should be coming.
Erengelion's rage will consume the world. Now we will never know what's in the damn basement.
Sep 21, 2013 6:06 PM
Jan 2013
I dont like the way they presented eren's transformation in this, I mean its like he seems so weak in the anime that they have to make him half dead and impaled on a piece of wood to transform,
The episode was fucking A tho...
At least eren gets way stronger in the manga....cuz in the anime he seems the weakest.....
10/10
Sep 21, 2013 6:09 PM

Apr 2008
MightyTALOS said:
I dont like the way they presented eren's transformation in this, I mean its like he seems so weak in the anime that they have to make him half dead and impaled on a piece of wood to transform,
At least eren gets way stronger in the manga....cuz in the anime he seems the weakest.....
10/10

He is the weakest among the titan shifters
Sep 21, 2013 6:12 PM
Sep 2012
stAtic91 said:
Pipoko said:
Erengelion's rage will consume the world. Now we will never know what's in the damn basement.

and then manga readers will rage because it's not faithful to the manga, not realizing this will essentially be another author's take on the story rather than a adaption. I almost want it to happen, with how elitist so many of them seem, just to see the rage.
You are not a special snowflake and don't know stuff better because you've read the manga.
Sep 21, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2012
these guy spamming should get an IP ban or ban his life for being shitty :D

as for ep its epic but i think original ending is possible.. i dont like how eren transform either takes damn long,.. so last ep next week, cant wait..

Sep 21, 2013 6:14 PM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
MightyTALOS said:
10/10

Yeah about the titan shifters i agree but i mean like his personality and resolve here was so weak

Oh and the scared cat in the end :<<
Sep 21, 2013 6:15 PM
Sep 2012
MightyTALOS said:
Darklight0303 said:
MightyTALOS said:
10/10

Yeah about the titan shifters i agree but i mean like his personality and resolve here was so weak

Oh and the scared cat in the end :<<

How the hell is throwing aside your humanity while having a wooden stick sticking out you weak?
Sep 21, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Hanji here was just.

On to my point, a lot the changes surprised me, such as Eren getting stomped as such, but hey, I liked it. I miss his "Yeah...it sure is", but I still liked the ep.
Had good tension...animation...the OST 'Attack on Titan' got to play...and I love that one.
Sep 21, 2013 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Cleaned
Please do not worry. I have removed the excessive amount of spam posting
Suzune-chanSep 21, 2013 6:38 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 21, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2009
AironicallyHuman said:
And there was this bit where Jean arrived and Armin RAN BY Annie's foot, after being a distance away from her in the shot prior; Annie not moving to squish him.
I agree with you on this point. That was pretty dumb.
Sep 21, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2012
That bloody transformation of Eren to a Titan is epic!
Sep 21, 2013 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
GOSH.. I STILL EAGERLY WANT TO KNOW ANNIE'S REASON FOR ALL OF THIS..

AND NOOOOOOOO CAN THIS NOT END TOMORROW!?

really wish this could be an ongoing forever show T_T
Sep 21, 2013 6:36 PM

Dec 2012
the soundtrack when Eren transformed, gave me the chills. EPIC ending.

Hanji FTW
Albi-kunSep 21, 2013 6:41 PM
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.