Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2012

I'd hit it.

Jul 2013
Perfect episode. It wasn't a filler at all, morons.
Sep 2012
Rewatched subbed!
I loved this! Mikasa wasn't out of character, she was protecting Eren by engaging Annie. I love how they tied Armin's words into this and the whole "trust in your friends" thing. Their objective was also to slow Annie down, she was clearly heading for the wall. I cringed with Eren biting his arm and then later getting up.

"The world is a cruel place."

Perfect.
Sep 21, 2013 4:32 PM
Jul 2013
polesp said:
xtremexx said:
it was filler but all in all it was very good filler. still wonder how long the last ep is gonna be since it is going to be in theaters.

This is the first time i heard of a theatre last episode? Does that mean it won't be released on TV next week?

It will air on TV like normal, but it premieres in theaters, so hope for epic sakugas.
Sep 21, 2013 4:32 PM
Sep 2012
polesp said:
xtremexx said:
it was filler but all in all it was very good filler. still wonder how long the last ep is gonna be since it is going to be in theaters.

This is the first time i heard of a theatre last episode? Does that mean it won't be released on TV next week?

look here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-31/last-attack-on-titan-episode-to-screen-in-japanese-theaters
Sep 21, 2013 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
HOLY CRAP THIS FILLER. DEM ANIMATIONS. Oh gawd. Too good. Just. Wow.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Sep 21, 2013 4:33 PM

Jun 2011
DAT ANIMATION
OOOH GOD
Sep 21, 2013 4:37 PM
Sep 2013
FUUUUUUUCKKKK that was so intense man so fucking intense!
My heart was racing when Mikasa started attacking Annie and she looked so hot doing it, it sucks that Levi is out of action, I guess it makes it more exciting and troublesome if humanity's strongest is out of the loop so to say, but again Mikasa was sooo sexy lol.

Eren was a bit annoying since it was taking him a while to transform though, but when he did it was just soooo ajdlkfjakldsfjklasjdfldsajfkljdasfjdaslfjdas.
Sep 21, 2013 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
I found the episode problematic, people acting OOC all over the place.

The original Eren from the manga with the "Its a cruel world" "it sure is" and the massive upercut was just so much more epic and character building. The whole drama thing was unnecessary. I would have preferred less flashbacks etc and have the anime end on episode 24. Cut out the trap scene, cut out parts of Jean/Levi/Erwin, cut out parts of Eren in bricks etc, and the season could ahve finished right on a cliffhanger today.

Mikasa should have totally been on Eren. I mean she wanted to ditch in Trost and ditched in the forest to save Eren. Tottally out of character for her. I would say she values Eren more than the combined lives of humanity.

Nice to see Jean a bit better but seems OOC still for him, at least compared to the manga.

Annie was also OOC, not following up on capturing Eren and instead stupidly chasing Armin.

Armin was the best performer out of this episode IMO. Hanji was awesome too
stickmansamSep 21, 2013 4:50 PM
Sep 21, 2013 4:45 PM

May 2009
Wae said:
Again, it depends on how you define the word "filler". This is the reason I've started using "anime original" instead.
Sep 21, 2013 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
If they were suspicious about Annie, then they must have suspicions about the people close to her, like Reiner or Bertolt. Heck, even half of the main cast could be accomplices. Also, that last sentence in the preview, "onward to destroy this entire world" seems intriguing. Cause the only one I see who cause destruction is Annie.
Sep 21, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2010
The transition between two OST at the end was nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
Dat. Animation. 11/10.
Very intense episode, still doesn't beat 21 though. Once again it didn't feel like filler at all, but then again I haven't read the manga yet (will start reading after the next episode). They managed to mix different OST's pretty nicely.

Finally the last 7 days of waiting for a new episode, always so unbearable because of those cliffhangers.
TeyoSep 21, 2013 4:51 PM
Sep 21, 2013 4:48 PM
Sep 2012
Eren's resolve actually relates very much to ch. 49. lol. It's the idea behind it that is a lot more clearer than in the manga. It captures what one of the manga's themes is very well, even if it isn't a direct copy of what happens in the manga, it also explains a certain later fight better and why Eren reacted the way he did. I'm very fine with the interpertation of this.
Sep 21, 2013 4:48 PM

Sep 2013
It makes me sad to know that there's only one episode left. This anime truly is unique among others. BUUUUT. does anyone else wonder what the fuck is in that basement? I hope the producers will be able to explain everything in the last episode without rushing it
Sep 21, 2013 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
stickmansam said:

The original Eren from the manga with the "Its a cruel world" "it sure is" and the massive upercut was just so much more epic and character building. The whole drama thing was unnecessary. I would have preferred less flashbacks etc and have the anime end on episode 24. Cut out the trap scene, cut out parts of Jean/Levi/Erwin, cut out parts of Eren in bricks etc, and the season could ahve finished right on a cliffhanger today.

Mikasa should have totally been on Eren. I mean she wanted to ditch in Trost and ditched in the forest to save Eren. Tottally out of character for her. I would say she values Eren more than the combined lives of humanity.

Nice to see Jean a bit better but seems OOC still for him, at least compared to the manga.

Annie was also OOC, not following up on capturing Eren and instead stupidly chasing Armin.

Armin was the best performer out of this episode IMO.

That was my gripe with this episode too

that "It sure is" was epic.

Still I liked the close up on Mikasa's eye quivering when she was asking if Eren had "certain feelings" that were preventing him from fighting Annie. That and then straight after her words to Annie " I won't let you have Eren".
Still if Eren was injured like that Mikasa would be down there helping him straight away.
Sep 21, 2013 4:49 PM
Jul 2013
stAtic91 said:
Wae said:
Again, it depends on how you define the word "filler". This is the reason I've started using "anime original" instead.

I prefer the word "expansion" c;
Sep 21, 2013 4:50 PM
Sep 2012
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:

Still I liked the close up on Mikasa's eye quivering when she was asking if Eren had "certain feelings" that were preventing him from fighting Annie. That and then straight after her words to Annie " I won't let you have Eren".
Still if Eren was injured like that Mikasa would be down there helping him straight away.

But then again, she specifically said she was protecting Eren from Annie when she was fighting her.
Sep 21, 2013 4:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow loving all that anime only content, more 3DMG scenes to watch! I like how they added a part with how the military police are pissed at Erwin for defying the King's orders, but none of the people in the MP knows what's going on. Mikasa and Hanji made some creepy expressions in this episode, but none as crazy as Eren's right before changing into titan mode. I'm glad Eren finally came to his senses at the end, it did take him much longer to transform in the anime but I guess it really hit him hard how someone he knew and trained with could be a traitor. They did a great job on the build up to when Eren finally transforms and punches Annie.
Sep 21, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:

But then again, she specifically said she was protecting Eren from Annie when she was fighting her.

Dude, you can't fight the truth.

Seriously though, do not fight the truth.

Anyway, I'd have like it more if Eren remembers Mikasa saying: "The world is a cruel place" while preparing to bite for the last time, while thinking "It sure is", then transform, then fucking send Annie flying 1500 miles.
Sep 21, 2013 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
Ermehgerd. Hanji and Mikasa's crazy eyes!
O.O

With one episode left...

How long of a wait will that take?

I can't wait for the end, would it cut to a big cliffhanger (with Annie and Eren's battle?) or end it where everything calms down? (for a moment.)

Bwahahahaha
Sep 21, 2013 4:53 PM

Aug 2012
Nooo only 1 more episode left :(
Sep 21, 2013 4:54 PM
Sep 2012
Xinception said:
Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:

Anyway, I'd have like it more if Eren remembers Mikasa saying: "The world is a cruel place" while preparing to bite for the last time, while thinking "It sure is", then transform, then fucking send Annie flying 1500 miles.

I preferred it this way because it actually shows character development in Eren. Character development isn't always a positive development in a character and here you can see that Eren is slowly starting to lose his humanity. I find it interesting that people barely bring that up when talking about Eren, I'm sort of glad the anime made it clearer.
Sep 21, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
Great set-up episode, looking forward to the season finale. Epic fight with FT coming up
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Sep 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Pipoko said:
Xinception said:
Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:

I preferred it this way because it actually shows character development in Eren. Character development isn't always a positive development in a character and here you can see that Eren is slowly starting to lose his humanity. I find it interesting that people barely bring that up when talking about Eren, I'm sort of glad the anime made it clearer.

Am the only person noticing that when Mikasa is in trouble, Eren ends up saving her? For all she goes on about him needing saving, it is him that attacks Annie when she has Mikasa down.

Also I had a good laugh at Levi saying at least Jean had the balls to go and fight, and then insulting Nile's beard.
Sep 21, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2010
ibingealldayz said:
It makes me sad to know that there's only one episode left. This anime truly is unique among others. BUUUUT. does anyone else wonder what the fuck is in that basement? I hope the producers will be able to explain everything in the last episode without rushing it

Second season :)

Xinception said:

Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:

The "fighting other danger" excuse doesn't fly. esp since Armin/Jean could have led her away to trap while Mikasa helps Eren. I agree that it does help but he's in immediate danger of being crushed under rubble while Annie can be handled (albeit not as well) by other people. Maybe Mikasa felt as the next best soldier after Levi, and it was her mistake that injured Levi, she has a duty to take over that role. I still think that would be OOC for her given what we have already seen. Or maybe Mikasa is jealous on Annie and is taking that our on Annie.

I wonder though if Levi + Hanji's threats are actually motivating Annie into trying harder to escape?
Sep 21, 2013 4:59 PM
Mar 2010
This was just plain epicness from start to end. SnK knows how to mix dialogue and action into the perfect episode.
Wow, I'll have to re-watch that a few times I think to pay more attention to all the 3D Gear scenes...
The thought of only one episode left makes me incredibly sad, this series has been incredible.
Sep 21, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2013
Favorite episode of the entire series. Everything was epic, a good amount of characters got their spotlight, and the entire episode highlighted the theme of sacrifice that SNK is known for. Did a mention dat OST and animation. Best thing ever. Hell this might be my favorite episode out of any anime.
Sep 21, 2013 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
Episodes like these make me wish this show had more episodes left. :| Well, one more week of waiting it is.
Jan 2013
Definitely one of the best episodes action/looks (budget) wise. I love the anime original anime scenes because it doesn't make a fighting seem rushed at all. 5/5

Nov 2012
Gonna have to start calling Eren "Princess Pinch" from now on. His sucking is getting a little old, but hopefully in the future he will suck less.

Good episode though.
niaxatoSep 21, 2013 5:07 PM
Sep 21, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
niaxato said:
Gonna have to start calling Erin "Princess Pinch" from now on

Or clutch player.
Sep 21, 2013 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
Another suspenseful cliffhanger leading into another suspenseful cliffhanger. I wish SOMETHING would happen during an episode instead of between episodes. :/

Eren just becomes more and more of a pussy to me... <.<
Sep 21, 2013 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
stickmansam said:
ibingealldayz said:

Xinception said:

Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:

The "fighting other danger" excuse doesn't fly. esp since Armin/Jean could have led her away to trap while Mikasa helps Eren. I agree that it does help but he's in immediate danger of being crushed under rubble while Annie can be handled (albeit not as well) by other people. Maybe Mikasa felt as the next best soldier after Levi, and it was her mistake that injured Levi, she has a duty to take over that role. I still think that would be OOC for her given what we have already seen. Or maybe Mikasa is jealous on Annie and is taking that our on Annie.

I wonder though if Levi + Hanji's threats are actually motivating Annie into trying harder to escape?

I think it could be her jealousy as well, notice what she say's to Annie.
"I won't let you have Eren"
Have? Oh dear Mikasa is jealous. That and the look on her face and eyes when she asks him about "certain feelings" involving Annie.
Another Mikaere moment as well when Eren pulls them close to transform, Armin doesn't bat and eyelid yet Mikasa gets all flustered... I wonder why?
Sep 21, 2013 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
Did Hitch ever find out Annie is the FT?
Sep 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Time to prepare my tears for next week's finale,
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 21, 2013 5:09 PM

May 2013
Eren was annoying this episode and he pace is still slow
Sep 21, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
niaxato said:
Gonna have to start calling Eren "Princess Pinch" from now on. His sucking is getting a little old, but hopefully in the future he will suck less.

Good episode though.

Come on?
Eren saves everybody at Trost
Closes the breach at Trost
Has more titan kills than any other trainee
Has saved Mikasa more times than she has saved him, yet everybody thinks she is a badass? (she is, but so is Eren)

I mean the guy just got told the girl who taught him to fight and was a close friend had murdered his friends and comrades and betrayed him. He then has tonnes of debris dropped on him. So of course he is going to take a little while to get into fighting shape, but when he did...
Sep 21, 2013 5:11 PM
Aug 2013
RazielZero said:
And of course they don't even try to kill Annie right after catching her... Seriously how much more stupid can you get? There is always a moment when I think they are actually smart, but then I always realize that they are all a bunch of idiots.

The episode was pretty predictable again. But great action scenes nevertheless.

ur an idiot for thinking they ever tried to kill her in the 1st place
Sep 21, 2013 5:11 PM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:
ibingealldayz said:

Xinception said:

Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:

Have? Oh dear Mikasa is jealous. That and the look on her face and eyes when she asks him about "certain feelings" involving Annie.
Another Mikaere moment as well when Eren pulls them close to transform, Armin doesn't bat and eyelid yet Mikasa gets all flustered... I wonder why?

Wait, was that moment in episode 9 ? :P

Anyway, to them foos who want more episodes, don't worry, Season 2 will come.

This is one of those anime that will deserve a fucking season 2, hell, season 3 to end it all.

But before that, prepare for a long wait.... well, until WIT decides to animate SnK: Before The Fall, all the VN games Nitroplus is making and some anime expansion content supervised by Isayama-Sensei as a interquel season.
Sep 21, 2013 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
The battle next episode. Kick some ass Eren
Sep 21, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode.
Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM
Jul 2013
Laughing at them foos who voted 1 or 2 or 3 for this episode.
Sep 21, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2009
I was laughing at the military police who were shitting their pants! They thought they were safe, I think that Erwin's plan was to teach them a lesson!

Armin is asking Eren to lose his humanity, shit that boy is already crazy any more and he'll end up being a monster through and through.
Sep 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:
ibingealldayz said:

Xinception said:

Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:

Wait, was that moment in episode 9 ? :P

Anyway, to them foos who want more episodes, don't worry, Season 2 will come.

This is one of those anime that will deserve a fucking season 2, hell, season 3 to end it all.

But before that, prepare for a long wait.... well, until WIT decides to animate SnK: Before The Fall, all the VN games Nitroplus is making and some anime expansion content supervised by Isayama-Sensei as a interquel season.

Nah, she says it this episode, oh man Mikasa was mad.

SnK will have a second season for sure, the Manga is just starting to really heat up too,
Sep 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
As much as I love Mikasa and her jealousy, which was portrayed just great this episode, I gotta give it to Hanji this episode, she's still my favorite character.
Sep 21, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

I don't think any police knew about it...
Sep 21, 2013 5:24 PM

Apr 2009
Stark700 said:

No.

Sep 21, 2013 5:25 PM
Jan 2013
I really didn't expect this episode to be all that good, but DAMN! It was so suspenseful and pretty frickin epic! I cannot wait for the next episode to come out!! Its so sad that its the last episode tho!! Unlike other animes, this anine does a great job of adding to the episodes from the manga! They better make a season to, or I will lose my shit up a wall!!
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Sep 21, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2009
DAT ANIMATION, DEAR GOD
so all the stills from before we're for this and the last episode
the animation studios can have all my respect
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1653 by Rishab_WasHere »»
May 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1554 by bohhhh_ciao »»
Apr 30, 6:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.