Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 4:53 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New year, with new class arrangement. Alice got separated from Shino, and is very lonely. Ayaya is also very lonely without energetic girl, too. Early ED showing the memory one year ago. lol @ Chuuni reference for Kanon. Being imaginative. lol @ Shino's story with singing. Alice as friend, Karen as pirate, Ayaya as mermaid, and energetic girl as prince. lol teacher is included! Shino's sister as witch?! Golden hair to save the world? It got lots of people's attention. Just to show the starting point.
tsubasaloverSep 21, 2013 5:40 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 21, 2013 5:15 AM

Nov 2012
Confused, episode 12 has not been released yet.
What fansub group do you use?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Sep 21, 2013 5:34 AM

Nov 2007
no_good_name said:

None because I watch live-stream. Raw just came out.
Sep 21, 2013 5:37 AM

Nov 2012
tsubasalover said:
no_good_name said:

Was it delayed for some reason?
I'm sure that HS usually has it subbed and released by now.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Sep 21, 2013 5:43 AM

Nov 2007
no_good_name said:
tsubasalover said:
no_good_name said:

Was it delayed for some reason?
I'm sure that HS usually has it subbed and released by now.

No, it wasn't delayed.
Sep 21, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2012
Oh man...that episode was pure genius. The best episode of the whole anime season

I need to record all of that performance. Because it was just beyond amazing. Words can't do it justice.

I really loved how Shino tied it into their real life situation at the end too.

This show...has become my favorite show of the entire year. From start to finish, every episode was just plain amazing. It blew away my expectations every single time

I really hope we're in for a second season!!
Sep 21, 2013 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
For some reason, Aya reminded me of Utsu-utu. "Gloomy". At least the teacher is still the same. I'm not sure how to feel about that though.

I can't help but notice that outfit that Karen is wearing though. I mean, she looks kinda badass I guess?
Overall, rating this 6/10. It had its cute moments but not everything what I had hoped for.

Holy crap, that dance in the second half was adorable. I wasn't expecting a Pirates of the Caribbean style fight either in the sea.
Sep 21, 2013 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
Aw is it really over? :( well 12 episodes is good enough for me. Giving this an 8/10.

Class has been changed and Alice and Aya were disappointed that they are separated from their friends. I really like there fantasy story during the second half of the episode, pretty entertaining.

Going to missed this show though, hoping for a second season for this.

Sep 21, 2013 9:01 AM
Nov 2010
absolutely AMAZING last ep. It was just so good
Sep 21, 2013 9:12 AM

Apr 2009
D'awww ;_;

Good show, 6/10, hoping for a second season.
Sep 21, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2008
I don't really get there was only reference to Sword Art Online?
Code Geass? Or maybe Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai? xD
Sep 21, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2012
LittleStar said:

All three at once maybe?
Sep 21, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 2012
That was a fun last episode. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed the series and will definitely miss it.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 21, 2013 9:23 AM

Apr 2008
tsubasalover said:
Kanon as pirate
Kanon is what Touyama voiced in Kaminomi ^^;

The musical is wonderful. Never expected Shino's voice.
Love Ayaya's singing voice as the little mermaid.

They should make a musical :D
nseikaSep 21, 2013 9:29 AM
Sep 21, 2013 9:28 AM

Oct 2011
very nice last episode.

not sure if I should give it 8/10 or 9/10
as for sure it's second best thing this season (after Tamayura and they are similar).

so sweet and adorable, yet crazy from time to time with good set of characters.
for sure will be looking forward to second season.
Sep 21, 2013 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
The musical segment alone is enough for me to up my score from 7 to 8 for the finale. That was truly the best thing this show has ever done. I loved the classic disney feel it had to it.

This show went out with a bang and I hope we get a second season. It deserves it.
Sep 21, 2013 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Really nice last episode.
There was more Aya x Youko in this than in the whole series.
One of my favorite slice of life anime that i've seen in a while.
Definitely deserves a season 2.

Also Karen's cosplay was based off Chuunibyou am i correct? At least that's the only thing the backscratcher hinted.
Sep 21, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2008
vampko said:
LittleStar said:

All three at once maybe?

Right xD

Really like Shino's story!
Nice animation and music!
They should have more scenes like this!
Their voices are cute :)

I thought about xxxHOLiC when Isami!Witch said she will grant Shino's wish,
but she want something important for her in return xD
Sep 21, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2011
Shino's story... brilliant.

deSUUUUUUU!
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 21, 2013 9:43 AM

May 2013
Decent episode although I find musical-type scenes to be rather awkward. Was amazed by Aya's singing though.

Sad to see it end, it was a fantastic slice of life and would love to see more. Probably an 8/10 from me
Sep 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Apr 2009
That musical was seriously wonderful, though.
Sep 21, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
Season 2 or I will cry
NYANPASU~!
Sep 21, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
That was a great last episode.
Sep 21, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2010
The musical was absolutely awesome, but the first part...I just don't enjoy seeing Alice suffer, she was one of my favorite characters this season...Mixed feelings about this finale. I would love a second season though, this was the best show of its respective season for me. 8/10.
Sep 21, 2013 10:01 AM

Feb 2011
Good episode , liked it :D

Solid comedy , 8/10
Sep 21, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
I'll miss this relaxing anime. The musical part was very amusing.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Sep 21, 2013 10:12 AM
Feb 2009
that musical is pure brilliant, karen as pirate is so much win compared to samurai in snow white... =.="
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 21, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2012
Man, the musical was hilarious. A great end to one of the greatest most relaxing SOL out there, enjoyed it so much each week, grew to love it, looked forward to it every Saturday. Held it at 8/10 for a long time but yeah.

9/10

Second season, please please please!

Sep 21, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
8/10
I'm all for a second season, gonna miss this show sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh
the musical part was brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
This ending was very good. YokoAya shippers were glad. Karen got chuunibyou. I enjoyed the whole musical stuff and even teared a little a the end :') I loved this show very much. I'm kind of sad it's already finished, and I would be glad if there was a second season.
8/10!
Sep 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
Aww this was a cute show. 6/10
Sep 21, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice ep. But didn't feel like a finale :(
Really gonna miss this series T_T

Ayaya wanting to hug Yoko like Alice did to Shino <3<3

Poor Ayaya...Yoko's too dense XD

Sensei feeling bad for Alice fearing she'll die from loneliness since she's a rabbit XD

Totally loved the story!!

Shino really looks nice as a blonde O_o...I didn't expect that XD

The singing was really good too. Esp loved Karen and Aya's songs.

Aya as a mermaid kawaii <3

Sensei being the prince's assistant lol. She looks good.
Karen vs Yoko was pretty nice too hahaha.

Then everyone's reactions to the story ^^

Well 8/10. Wouldn't mind a 2nd season :)
Sep 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2013
Loved the music.

Loved the Chuunibyou reference.

Loved everything about this finale.

this was a very nice show. I hope that we get a season two. that would be very cool.

now on to find something to fill the void :(
Sep 21, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2012
chuushou said:
Loved the music.

Loved the Chuunibyou reference.

Loved everything about this finale.

this was a very nice show. I hope that we get a season two. that would be very cool.

now on to find something to fill the void :(

Non Non Biyori might do so. But I don't know anything about the source, so yeah.
Sep 21, 2013 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
The musical was fantastic :'D
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 21, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
Wow what an unexpected final episode.. the musical is extraordinary and Shino was surprisingly good at telling a fairy tale. Sigh.. this wonderful series has finally come to an end.. I WANT SEASON 2!!! Definitely one of the best slice-of-life series I've ever watched, the characters are adorable (sooo gonna miss Karen and Ayaya), the jokes are funny, the music is good, not a single boring episode as some slice-of-life tend to be.. 10/10!!

ps: why was Shino sitting next to Alice even though Karasuma-sensei already told everyone to go back to their own class XD
Sep 21, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
1) Kinpatsu demo koi ga shitai
2) Namiuchigiwa no Ayaya-san

loved the show, S2 would be welcome. 9/10
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Sep 21, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Nice anime really enjoyed the girls in this anime and some of the moments wish i could see more.
Hopefully we will get a second season or a good OVA but time will tell.

About the episode Alice and Yoko being separated from the rest made for some funny moments especially from Alice and Aya who where having trouble excepting it.
But luckily Alice got over it now the question is if Aya can get over it.
Sep 21, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
There was some great animation during the musical story.

Good final episode, I don't need a 2nd season. It felt complete as it was.

8/10
Sep 21, 2013 12:49 PM
Oct 2012
I echo the praise this episode received, but I think there is an angle that many people haven't noticed that makes this ending even better than it first appears.

This show has always had an unspoken melancholy to it: Alice is going to have to go home sooner or later. She is going to be parted from all her friends. While never specifically mentioning it, this reality has always been lurking around on the edges during this season, providing the dark cast that prevented this show from being too cute, and this episode dealt with that impending reality so brilliantly and in a very deliberate way.

You can see this in all the allusions and specific references to the distance between the UK and Japan Alice and Shinobu made about being separated by the wall. This impacted Alice more because even though Shinobu will be sad when Alice leaves, she will at least have her other friends, while Alice will have to return home alone. The Pirate scene is an indication of what their future holds in store for them, Shinobu will still be with Karen and will only be able to write Alice, but in the end their hearts will always be together no matter what happens. This was also highlighted at the very end, with the reference to the original letter which brought them together.

The pirate song, in addition to explaining their current situation, also gives a hint of what Shinobu is going to end up doing. Throughout the show she has played the ditz, likeable but we are all too aware that she will never be an interpreter. However in this episode not only does she craft the story, but the entire school was, and probably for the first time, impressed, even mesmerized by Shinobu's ability to use words. That I believe is a clue, we now know that Shinobu will be able to leave Japan and fulfill her dreams of living abroad, not as an interpreter, but as a writer.

This is why I think this was such a great ending for this cour. Good endings don't necessarily spell out everything that is going to happen to the characters, but it creates a nice stopping place where you can draw your own conclusions on what is going to happen to them and be left satisfied. This was an extremely satisfying ending. A second season would be nice, but ending here and in this manner was a perfect ending regardless of what happens.
Sep 21, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
ahaha, the best part was when Shino started telling a story until the end while the other students also listen to her :D
Sep 21, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
It's been fun.
Sep 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
That was quite possibly the most amazing ending to any anime I have ever seen.

It's been a while, but I think I'm already feeling the void again knowing that this long ride is over. I'll always be hoping for a season 2.

Sep 21, 2013 2:28 PM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
I echo the praise this episode received, but I think there is an angle that many people haven't noticed that makes this ending even better than it first appears.

This show has always had an unspoken melancholy to it: Alice is going to have to go home sooner or later. She is going to be parted from all her friends. While never specifically mentioning it, this reality has always been lurking around on the edges during this season, providing the dark cast that prevented this show from being too cute, and this episode dealt with that impending reality so brilliantly and in a very deliberate way.

You can see this in all the allusions and specific references to the distance between the UK and Japan Alice and Shinobu made about being separated by the wall. This impacted Alice more because even though Shinobu will be sad when Alice leaves, she will at least have her other friends, while Alice will have to return home alone. The Pirate scene is an indication of what their future holds in store for them, Shinobu will still be with Karen and will only be able to write Alice, but in the end their hearts will always be together no matter what happens. This was also highlighted at the very end, with the reference to the original letter which brought them together.

The pirate song, in addition to explaining their current situation, also gives a hint of what Shinobu is going to end up doing. Throughout the show she has played the ditz, likeable but we are all too aware that she will never be an interpreter. However in this episode not only does she craft the story, but the entire school was, and probably for the first time, impressed, even mesmerized by Shinobu's ability to use words. That I believe is a clue, we now know that Shinobu will be able to leave Japan and fulfill her dreams of living abroad, not as an interpreter, but as a writer.

This is why I think this was such a great ending for this cour. Good endings don't necessarily spell out everything that is going to happen to the characters, but it creates a nice stopping place where you can draw your own conclusions on what is going to happen to them and be left satisfied. This was an extremely satisfying ending. A second season would be nice, but ending here and in this manner was a perfect ending regardless of what happens.

Interesting way to look at things. I do agree that even if it didn't get another season that would be fine with how it ended, but I want more of this group's antics!!
Sep 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
Suddenly interested in seeing a moe pirate anime, may be better than one piece.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 21, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2013
That was a great episode. Like that story Shino was telling. I want a second season of this.
Sep 21, 2013 4:31 PM

May 2012
Zee530 said:

It'd be better for certain!

We do have a lot of moeified stuff, but I don't think we've gotten pirates yet!
Sep 21, 2013 5:06 PM
Oct 2012
Zee530 said:

Humm, have you ever seen Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku? Space pirates, but pirates non the less.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8917/Mouretsu_Pirates

IMO the show had some really good episodes (particularly the beginning and the end) and some really bad episodes in the middle, but overall I liked the series and will watch the movie they are planning to release.
Sep 21, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Zee530 said:

Humm, have you ever seen Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku? Space pirates, but pirates non the less.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8917/Mouretsu_Pirates

IMO the show had some really good episodes (particularly the beginning and the end) and some really bad episodes in the middle, but overall I liked the series and will watch the movie they are planning to release.

I feel like that really doesn't fit the criteria of 'moe pirates. But it is pretty close, and was amazing~
Sep 21, 2013 6:04 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
My favorite anime of this season has ended... I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy because this series had an amazing ending with that fairy tale musical. Sad because this series is over... T_T

That musical was spectacularly awesome with the setting, lyrics, and background music! Also, would love to see all 5 of them together in the same class but at least they can still visit each other during breaks.

I'm going to miss Kiniro Mosaic, really. It's so adorable and heartwarming. It never fails to make me smile. Heck, I'm always grinning like an idiot every time I watch an episode! I want more, but I dunno if it'll get a second season. I hope so!

Thank you very much! I love these girls... :')
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 6, 2013

208 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 17, 2013

73 by ChibiiiAlex »»
Feb 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 7, 2013

69 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 31, 2013

90 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:28 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 27, 2013

91 by PatszHUN »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.