Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 17, 2013 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
Gonzo, you fucking suck nowadays.
Sep 17, 2013 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
i had my hope high at the beginning of the series, too bad the ending wasn't what i expected. BUT i still enjoyed most of the episodes, quite a lot of funny and random jokes and the seiyuu were really good, so it's a 6/10.

Please don't kill me, but in my opinion, this series is more entertaining than Watamote :p

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 17, 2013 2:22 AM

Jun 2011
Such a weird anime.

I was expecting them to explain why Maxi is so obsesses with Kirihime and how she knew her real identity. But there were absolutely no explanation whatsoever. Heck lots of character didnt get their backgrounds explained, its like the whole cast weren't even needed in the series.

Weird series that had no direction on where its going, and the last 2 episode was just terrible.

5/10
Sep 17, 2013 2:24 AM

Mar 2013
Attack on Natsuno Kirihime.. LOL
Sep 17, 2013 3:54 AM
Feb 2013
I agree with everyone this was a disappointing end to the series. It did make me laugh in some episodes but there was no plot to this story at all (we kind of established that). I kind of hoped that there was a hint that he could go back to being human... because the whole 'I'm in love with a dog' kind creeps me out. Too bad this series had 'some' potential.
Sep 17, 2013 4:29 AM

Jul 2011
I hope for a s2

7/10
ainkySep 20, 2013 2:24 AM
Sep 17, 2013 4:34 AM

Aug 2012
Tony777 said:
gamer2710 said:
No plot, mostly useless cast of characters, jokes that get old fast, and forgettable soundtrack. Although the beginning looked somewhat promising, Dog & Scissors devolved rather quickly. To be blunt, the ending was almost sickening. Don't ask me why I didn't drop it because I don't even know.

2/10 Waste of time.

Sorayin said:
That was really shitty, I would say a 2/10 at max.
It never ceases to amaze me how easily some of you weeaboo's are impressed.

I can defiantly name worst than this, I think giving it a 2 is a bit harsh.
I'm just calling it as I see it. I don't care how other people rate.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 17, 2013 4:49 AM

May 2013
Choroshi said:

Please don't kill me, but in my opinion, this series is more entertaining than Watamote :p

me too

first and second episode is good and the last episode is okok

good serie for me 7/10

kinda boring, random, and nonsense from ep 3 to ep 10
Sep 17, 2013 5:22 AM
May 2009
Meh 6/10 still better and highschool dxd
Sep 17, 2013 5:48 AM

Oct 2009
gamer2710 said:
I'm just calling it as I see it. I don't care how other people rate.

The funny thing is I totally agree with your original comment. Pretty much spot on.
Sep 17, 2013 6:32 AM

Feb 2012
Disappointing though i'm quite generous for giving it a 6/10
Sep 17, 2013 7:34 AM

Jul 2009
kaori-nyan said:
Attack on Natsuno Kirihime.. LOL

That part was actually reffering to Evangelion not Attack on titan....

On Topic...........ending was bad, nothing went on, partial beach episode...8/10 here is hoping for a 2nd season with less random shit and more actual plot
Sep 17, 2013 7:40 AM
Jun 2011
I can't do it!
I just don't think I can finish this show.
She finally turns nice and all he wants to do is piss her off because it's all he's ever known.
NO! STOP! YOU DUMB MOTHERF*CKER!
When she finally sobers up she'll kill you and you'll stay dead!
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Sep 17, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
Basoes said:
Meh 6/10 still better and highschool dxd
lol.
Sep 17, 2013 8:23 AM

Mar 2012
a shame so many people dislike this
I really liked it; yes it was very random but also very funny; especially the last episode

8/10 and one of the better anime this season
Sep 17, 2013 8:33 AM

Apr 2012
I didn't dislike it but I did think it was going to have a plot after the 1st episode. Could of been better overall. 6/10
Sep 17, 2013 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
hybrid100 said:
Sarahtoga104 said:
Raphow said:
IMO candidate for worst series this season, 4/10, went nowhere and too repetitive...

I don't think it's just a candidate I think it is the worst this season. 2/10 for me.

Fantasista dolls and Going home club are much worse

Idk why , but I somehow enjoy this series , and yup Kitakubu Katsudou is the worst of this season .
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Sep 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
i'm so glad this is over.

the beginning of the show was okay. i could never really get into it, but i thought it may be okay to watch it. but it just got worse and worse.
the first time i really started to dislike that show was during episode... 5 (not quite sure right now) when natsuno's character changed and she suddenly fell in love with that dog or when she blushed the whole time. it was so ooc. it was like the writer were suddenly changing her personality completely.

and not even the jokes got better.
maxi: "i'm shining!"
suzuna: "yes, hurt me! i'm a masochist, so i like to get punched and treated like shit all the time!"
natsuno: "dog, let me kiss you! no, don't look at me while i'm half-naked! what did you say about my boobs? i'll kill you!"
hami: "i'm a nuisance, so i'll kill myself."
kazuhino: "haha, natsuno has small boobs! no, wait, why are you hurting me again?"
the same jokes over and over and over and over and over again. you can't even call them running gags anymore.

i also didn't like any of the characters. usually i find at least one character i can stand, but it was impossible here. at the beginning natsuno was interesting, but she turned into such a cliché like every other character that i couldn't even deal with her anymore.

the character design and music was not more than average. nothing outstanding and nothing i would remember.

and not even the ending was good.

3/10 for the whole show. this one and "kitakubu katsudou kiroku" are the worst shows of this season.
Sep 17, 2013 10:18 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't know why I watched this shit

bad ending, and the beach scene was just an imagination, fucking shit.
Sep 17, 2013 10:30 AM

Feb 2012
da hell I thought he would finally leave the dogs body and somehow end up with his human body or move on.... No season 2 there are other anime that deserve a new season than this lol
rafi160Sep 17, 2013 10:33 AM
Sep 17, 2013 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
I actually quite enjoyed this anime. Although I can understand why some people didn't enjoy this series, I found the plot to be quite intriguing and the gags were great too. I am however a little disappointed in how they ended the series. I was hoping for some closure similar to that of the MC finally returning to his main body but I can see why that won't happen. Regardless, I still enjoyed this anime and would definitely want a second season if it was possible.

8/10
Sep 17, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
Aww we still needed to be introduced to the other characters such as the wheel chair girl and Natsuno's sister :X. And lust will probably never be finished anytime soon.....season 2 maybe?? I honestly think this anime won't sell that well for a second season :\
Sep 17, 2013 1:58 PM
Oct 2010
Retarded ending, but overall bad... 4/10.

For some reason I cannot understand, I got entertained enough to stay till the end. But however I see it, I cannot give it more than 4.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 17, 2013 3:29 PM

Sep 2013
An alright anime, but this ending was just weak it felt like an ova and the way she acted when she was drunk kind of made me sick to my stomach :/

If they make a second season I'll watch it, but I won't expect much.

It entertained me so it deserves a 5/10 :p
AggronSep 17, 2013 3:34 PM
Sep 17, 2013 5:23 PM
Sep 2013
I WISH THE MANGA WAS TRANSLATED!!!!
Sep 17, 2013 5:30 PM

Jan 2012
Sucks to see it ending because this was the series I looked forward to the most during the week.
Sep 17, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
her personality changed just by drinking and the funny thing is that's how real marriage are a living hell after few heavenly days it was an okay anime but a weird ending
Sep 17, 2013 8:06 PM
Jan 2013
A conclusion would have been nice, it seemed kinda promising at first, but then it just... sorta.... .... nothing.
Sep 17, 2013 8:29 PM

May 2012
A 6.5/10. The series overall however slightly below average. But this episode was pretty enjoyable.

I wouldn't mind a season two tho because I really like some of the supporting characters.
Sep 17, 2013 11:42 PM

Mar 2010
idk why you guys all bashing on this anime it was good it has no real plot this was a comedy a gag manga so of course it would have no plot it was explained in the review that it would be. you disappointment is only your fault for not looking into what you where watching. the anime itself was ok and it was lightly funny. go bash on school days with its crappy ending this actually is watchable
Sep 17, 2013 11:55 PM

Jan 2011
This was truly bad. I should of dropped it. Honestly don't know why I kept up with it week to week. It was just 12 episodes of nothing.

3/10
Sep 18, 2013 2:26 AM

Jan 2011
my god from the moment i saw the opening knew this was gonna be a shit show wasn't wrong

only thing i'm wondering which ones worse this or kitakubu katsudou

just glad we got these bad shows in one season so we don't have to worry about them ever again.
Sep 18, 2013 5:46 AM

May 2010
Volcano curry, and effective according to editor xD

Drunk Natsuno, expected but still hilarious and very, no, extremely cute! That Inu is such a masochist xD

She puked over him, OH GOD THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST HILARIOUS SCENES THIS SEASON! XD I love both Natsuno's but sadistic it is in the end.
Sep 18, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2012
Beginning promising, but it only went downhill from there. Still, some few funny scenes. 5 out of 10.
Sep 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Jun 2012
One of the major problems with this anime is the MC.

He never showed any development and I don't feel that he grew closer to Natsuno throughout the show. Even in Natsuno's fantasy, he still wasn't that interested in her.

This show isn't that hard to fix. Give the MC a route, some kind of blueprint, to turn back into a human and make him more interested in Natsuno. Turning a one-sided romance into a two-sided romance makes this show much better, even if the comedy, which was hit and miss, stays about the same.

Adding better side characters would help too. The screentime given to Hami and Madoka could have been utilized to develop other characters who were funnier and more interesting.

All in all, it wasn't too bad but it wasted some potential.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 18, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think I laughed once after the second episode.
Sep 18, 2013 10:07 PM

Feb 2012
Srsly. I don't why I kept on watching this. Damn.
Sep 18, 2013 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
Natusno in this cosplay outfits as with Madoka.

Masochist got that screentime in the first half.

drunk Natsuno....also HAPPY SHINING!

anyway, weird way for this to end. they never really got into the third young writer girl in the wheelchair and landlady girl was just having random appearances.
would this sell for a "better explained" second season? probably not...but with the way they pumped character cds, its a chance. meh, its a gag anime so i take it as that.

yea i enjoyed this more than some people obviously. im good with this
Sep 19, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2009
Lol, i think there will be a sequel.
Sep 19, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
At least we get to see a teretere Shinobu before the series ends.

Overall, the series is not just okay. A lot of characters get thrown in for a fight or two and then some cameos but nothing really gets drilled down. Some of the elements like the macho men or weird weapons yielded by the maid or the sister seem to be just some random things that happened to catch the LN author's imagination at the moment. The writing fights in the last few episodes are also crazy but not always funny. Story wise it is not on particularly strong ground.

Add to this is the animation style, directing and character design which seem to be from the 00s. Is it what the renewed Gonzo (after reorganized in 2009 this years is the first year it starts to take job as primary studio instead of as a subcontractor) can do these days?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 19, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2013
Dem outfits. Hiiragi got some skills.

Lol, Natsuno got drunk!

There's still a bunch of unanswered questions, but I was satisfied enough with the ending.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 19, 2013 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
Disappointing
5/10
Sep 19, 2013 11:06 AM

Mar 2011
Am I the only one who actually really enjoyed this anime? It was silly and fun. I would like to see more, but I doubt that's likely.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 19, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2012
This anime is boring. I watched the last 4 episodes with 1.5x or 2x speed on my media player. I could not waste my time on this when there are much better animes out there.

It deserves 2/10 but I'll give it 3/10 because I liked Maxi-sama
Sep 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Well I don't like this series, but this episode was by far the worst. It spent about 10 minutes in Natsuno's delusion, which was really boring.

Overall, it's not going past a 5/10.

Sep 20, 2013 1:38 AM

Nov 2012
natsuno in yukata and drunk mode is so awesome lol :3
btw finally this anime is end :3
I'm so relief :3
final score (5/10)
Sep 20, 2013 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Am I the only one who actually really enjoyed this anime? It was silly and fun. I would like to see more, but I doubt that's likely.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was stupid, but pretty creative in it's own right and absolutely ballsy. In an industry where playing your safest hand and pandering to the fans is the common strategy, a show that takes legitimate risks is somewhat refreshing.
Let's go bowling.
Sep 20, 2013 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
how come editor can read his mind but not his sister?

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 20, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was stupid, but pretty creative in it's own right and absolutely ballsy. In an industry where playing your safest hand and pandering to the fans is the common strategy, a show that takes legitimate risks is somewhat refreshing.
Well, the risk seemed like it could have paid off going by the first and second episodes. The problem is that it takes an almost complete 180 degree turn after the beginning and then becomes silly fun. I didn't form expectations before the show started based on preconceived notions or any of that jazz; the first two episodes themselves did that for me. Then, by the third episode or so, my expectations were let down severely.

In my opinion, the series should have stayed serious or should have been mindless from the beginning. In the first case, I could have found a nice little gem. In the second case, I would have dropped it in a heartbeat without having the false hope of it getting better. In either case, my time wouldn't have been wasted.
gamer2710Sep 20, 2013 5:46 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 20, 2013 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:

It's getting a 9/10 for me. A lot of the people who came into the anime expected some kind of serious story and left disappointed when it was mostly random humor. I liked the contrast between seriousness and lighthearted humor.

Everyone has their own tastes though and there's not one set of standards that all anime creators have to be influenced by nor a set of rules they have to follow.
These things happen and there's nothing you can do about it. They aren't necessarily planned and they aren't always bad, and they aren't always good, but they are. - Emi, Katawa Shoujo
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

256 by Lily_1337_p3d0 »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

60 by Estefan »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:59 PM

» who else here from the anirecap video

jerkingdolphin - Feb 15, 2022

1 by 1078Kish-kun »»
Mar 24, 2022 6:33 AM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

55 by Ashhk »»
May 27, 2021 6:44 AM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2013

39 by Ashhk »»
May 26, 2021 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.