Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, it's Saki. I miss her from the previous series. I just love her expressions though, so nostalgic :3

I want to see her cosplay though. Aww, I feel sorry for Madarame. His interactions with Saki are some of the most amusing I remember even from season 1.
Sep 14, 2013 11:02 AM
Dec 2012
I liked the interaction between Madarame and Kusakabe of the 2nd half. He was a bit irritating to me cuz I wanted him to be more straightforward to her. Glad she read his mind rather than turn the talk into ridicule. Looked like he got refreshed. That execution was perfect. Hope he will move on. Just wonder if someone else will grab his heart from now on.
Sep 14, 2013 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
You never really totally move on, even if you find someone else. That's why you hear about those romances that rekindle 40 or 50 years after people lost touch with each other. Actually a cousin of mine just got engaged to a guy who was in the same sort of unrequited state of love with her a couple of decades ago in college. He'd never told her, and then they ran across each other by accident and reconnected and the truth came out. For Madarame, if and when he meets someone in the future he will still have Saki in the back of his mind.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 14, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
The FEELS T^T

Really beautiful episode. Loved the conversation between Saki and Madarame.

The emotion with his relief and her tears were really really nicely depicted ^^

Saki's facial expressions were really beautiful this ep.

Not much Sue but her screen time was cute as always :D

Props to Hato and Keiko setting it up.

So nxt ep cosplay overload? XD
Sep 14, 2013 12:38 PM
Apr 2013
Another awesome episode. Very crucial interaction between Saki and Mada... i loved how even Saki cried from relief. One of my favorite series for sure.
Sep 14, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2013
The second half of the episode had me tearing up a bit. Good for Madarame to get his feelings out.
Sep 14, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
Man, wanted to attack Saki initially, what a bitch in the first section of the episode. But man, some real progression in this ep, was beautiful when she cried because of the relief. But man, saddest part was the end, saying it like it's finally completely over now, the great times they had together and his reason for visiting the club.

Great ep!

Sep 14, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2012
Madarame finally said it, kinda funny though ."you have a hair sticking out of your nose" ☺ satisfied though :)
Sep 14, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
great episode but im wondering how there going to end the season now, i mean allot of people, myself included, who read the manga thought it was going to end with this episode pretty much but now i wonder, are they just going to keep following the manga and hope for another season, some kind of anime only ending or is it just going to be like what happened with the last genshiken season where it just cuts off and you have to read to manga
Sep 14, 2013 2:39 PM

Nov 2007
Thought so, it's Saki. I just realized that Saki's voice = Misaka's??

End of Madarame's love to Saki. Kousaka <3

Cosplay ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 14, 2013 2:42 PM
Sep 2012
Madarame finally got some closure with Saki, while Saki revealed that she's known the whole time - even before Madarame - that he loved her. Didn't expect her to admit that he would've had a chance if she wasn't already with Kousaka.

I also loved how they brought up that truly hilarious episode in their scene together. I remember thinking that an entire episode with just Madarame and Saki together in the same room would've been bland, but I was happily proven wrong.

Bittersweet episode, but still great. One of the best this season.
IconicSep 14, 2013 2:52 PM
Sep 14, 2013 3:05 PM

Sep 2012
Oh woah, that episode was fantastic. It managed to be a great drama and still pull that hilarious "you had a hair sticking out of your nose" line. It's awesome to see tension that was built up for 2 seasons actually get resolved in this way.
But not enough Sue in this episode. Give me more.
Sep 14, 2013 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode. I'm happy Madarame finally got closure, he deserved it after all those years.
Sep 14, 2013 3:32 PM

Feb 2012
I'm still a huge fan of MadaXSaki, great to see both of them finally confess their true feelings to each other, hopefully now that things are set he can get with either Sue or Angela(not a fan of HatoMada) or move which he hinted towards early in the episodes, really do miss the original members glad to see them back together in this episode ... Wait was that the first President of the club!! I saw in the previews??!!
Sep 14, 2013 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, amazing.
It's been awhile since I've seen an episode of an anime I was so emotionally invested in. From excitement, to shock, to cringing, to sadness.

One of my favorite 'confession scenes' I've seen.

5/5
Sep 14, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2010
Man.. What a nostalgic episode.. Really been a joy to see so many familiar faces appear in the past episodes. Those Saki expressions alone makes me want to rewatch the previous seasons so bad lol.
Pi piru piru piru pipiru pi!
Sep 14, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2012
loved the episode, my favourite episode of genshiken series so far, it was really enjoyable and at time same time such an emotional episode, it was AWESOME!! madarame & kasukabe is definitely the star of the whole series genshiken, i would have liked to see them go together but oh well an superb episode!! madarame and kasukabe for the win!!
Sep 14, 2013 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
That was painfully awkward, but I guess that's part of the point. I prefer this show when it's just humour.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 14, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
awhh poor Madarame, really sad episode though it was really needed.
Sep 14, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
I feel sorry for Madarame but I'm glad that his pain has lessened.
Sep 14, 2013 7:50 PM

Apr 2010
Finally closure between Madarame and Kasukabe. That was a good episode. Even for me it feels relieving.

Sep 14, 2013 8:03 PM

Mar 2010
Poor Mada.......He kind of reminds me of a male version of the MC from Watamote. Sucks to hear that he would have a chance if Saki was not dating already.
Sep 14, 2013 8:18 PM

May 2012
Wondering why I am crying. Just very sad but a great episode at the same time. Just can't stop from crying when Saki said that if Kohsaka is not around, they might be together. Damn, finally, after how many episodes, Madarame is relieved. Somehow, I want to rewatch the previous seasons just to relieve the old memories of the group esp. Saki and Madarame.. hehe, I am getting emotional now.
Sep 14, 2013 8:54 PM
Jul 2012
Damn.. what an episode. I knew this was coming because someone spoiled it to me, but this was different than what I had in mind, and I mean that in a good way. Despite the emotional tone of the whole second-half of the episode, it's nice to see Madarame and Saki remove that weight from both of their shoulders.
Sep 14, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
Hands down my fav Genshikken episode this season :) that touching Saki and Madarame 2nd half really left me happy everything got cleared and although he got rejected he finally got closure. Seeing the whole old crew back made me miss them T___T
Sep 14, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2008
While I enjoy the new cast of characters, these last few episodes having greater emphasis on the original characters and relationships, have been much better.

In addition to providing the outsider and female perspective in the more male-oriented earlier seasons, Saki always managed to push the other characters out of their comfort zone,
and provide the catalyst for some change that may not have happened otherwise, i.e., Ohno and Tanaka getting together, Madarame trying to be more fashionable and so on.

The earlier cast not being present makes sense, as they've mostly moved onto to new lives and locations, but it would've been nice to see them incorporated more into this season, particularly
Sasahara's sister, Saki, and Kousaka. All that aside, it was an excellent episode.
Sep 14, 2013 9:57 PM

Apr 2011
Best epd hands down. I almost cried.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 14, 2013 10:41 PM

Apr 2013
That was really beautiful
Best episode so far
Sep 15, 2013 12:46 AM

Sep 2009
That episode was so heartwarming and sentimental I came here to say it.

One Madarame to another, STAY STRONG BROTHER!
Sep 15, 2013 1:18 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was so bittersweet; and this could be the point of divergence where the history before the beginning of Spotted Flower begins. Poor Mada ... I still want Mada x Saki to happen, but Kousoke I think knew that his bond with Saki was strong enough to give Mada this oppertunity. As I was watching the climactic scene, there were so many event flags that you can see Mada missing. In the end Mada's situation is entirely due to his own actions.
Gotta root for the underdog Mada now ... for him to be happy.
I know that many here have said in the past that this is the Hato show ... but it really isn't; this episode should show that the story revolves around Mada as much (possibly more so) as it does Hato.
Sep 15, 2013 2:05 AM
Oct 2010
I can't stop crying T^T
Sep 15, 2013 3:13 AM

Jan 2011
having not seen the other season i honestly thought Madarame already confessed and got reject or at least that's the way i saw it

still i like that he finally got some closure poor guy.
Sep 15, 2013 3:50 AM

Aug 2009
All my feels for this ep T_T. I could relate to Madara so well in thats sitaution... seriously man this was painful for me to watch, I had a pause a few times. The Nose hair thing was great though and helped to ease out the tension. I never knew it was coming because I read the manga, but yeah still great execution. I wonder what they're gonna do with the remaining 2 eps. Honestly I wouldn't have minded if they stopped the season right here.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 15, 2013 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
I've got something in my eye.
Sep 15, 2013 5:24 AM

Nov 2010
End of the Saki x mada chapter & the beginning of the madarame harem chapter so what are the betting odds for mada x sue, mada x Angela, made x hato and mada x keiko? They covered quite a bit of content this episode, I'd have to double check the manga but I think they adapted 2 chapters in the first half and dedicated one chapter to the confession in the second half. In the manga when Saki was putting together madarame's harem, there were massive panels (about half a page) for Angela, sue and hato but keiko got a tiny panel about one twentieth of the size but they didn't implement that in the anime so... I'm not sure whether I should be disappointed or intrigued why they did that? In manga they made it look like she was the left over or the throw away chance but in the anime she looks like a contender. I hope they adapt the omake chapters, especially if they intend to end the season by the end of the school festival arc. That's just more content they can use.
kniteowlSep 15, 2013 5:27 AM
Sep 15, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
I knew Madarame didn't have any chance but... thats was beautifully done.
Sep 15, 2013 9:21 AM

Apr 2008
That was possibly one of the most beautiful confessions I've ever seen, and he didn't even get accepted. Glad the guy's finally got some closure.
Sep 15, 2013 3:09 PM

Oct 2009
Watching this episode is really- emotionally touching. I did not know any word to describe this moment. Mada was a character that grow on me during the first season of Genshiken.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 15, 2013 6:03 PM

Aug 2008
Alright, now maybe Angela will have a chance when she next visits!
Sep 15, 2013 6:22 PM

Aug 2012
Oh the feels at the end, i feel sorry for Madarame... One of the best episode of Genshiken.
Sep 15, 2013 6:38 PM
Sep 2010
Probably one of the best confession scenes I've seen in anime. Madarame has always been the most likable of the original crew imo, and I'm glad they handled this scene with such strength and care.

This has basically cemented Genshiken Nidaime as the best of the Genshiken seasons for me. I'm surprised it's score is so much lower than the others.
Sep 16, 2013 10:43 AM

Jun 2009
When I read a manga, I usually do not watch the anime (or vice versa), but Genshiken Nidaime is an exception, because the anime manages to bring out a melancholic kind of feeling and also a pleasant feeling.
Sep 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
A tear of joy was shed.
Sep 17, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, by far my favourite Genshiken episode, and the whole confession scene in the latter part of the episode... Has to be one of my favourites ever. It just shows that when you're already attached to any given character, their emotions can be more easily felt. Madarame has been an awesome character in this series, and i thought that he'd never get the opprotunity to actually confess. But, how he swallowed his own doubts, just so that he could seize the moment his friends created for him, was amazing. And How Kasekabe dealt with him was just... It made me shed a few tears. Seeing as though i can relate with Madarame makes it even more emotional for me.
ThousandEyes said:
I loved that dramatic scene between Madarame and Kasukabe. Madarame is my favourite Genshiken character. His "Buy everything and worry about money later" philosophy as an otaku still makes me laugh to this day. It's sad and touching how much the original members have changed and at the same time not so much. Madarame just seems to be like that guy that doesn't feel exactly the same as he did in his youthful days without really knowing why. I forget which episode it was, but he said something like that. I feel the same.

"It was fun." And that relief...T_T

I wouldn't like Nidaime if Madarame wasn't in it. Glad he is.

^my thoughts exactly ^^
Sep 17, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2013
Best.... episode.... of.... Genshiken.... EVER!!!!

That is all.
Sep 17, 2013 5:28 PM
Sep 2013
I've waited the entire season for this one episode! So happy it came out as beautifully as it did in the manga. I just wished the staff kept the other small bits that happened in the manga within the anime as well, but I suppose that's a little something of a special secret for fans of both genres.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 20, 2013 11:11 PM

Oct 2012
Prolly one of the best episodes this season, loving this season.
Sep 21, 2013 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
YES! THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
(and no, I don't mean for Hato to admit he's gay for Madarame lol)

This was def. my favorite part of the new material from the manga, though to be honest, since this is supposed to be a 12 ep series, wouldn't this have been a good way to end the season (hence the episode title lol)

Sep 24, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2010
Best episode, seriously.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 24, 2013 12:36 PM

Nov 2010
Wow that was great!
Saki and Madarame ending this way

They got the emotions so right
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

89 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 2, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

42 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.