Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2009 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kizaki appears at the school. Najimi realizes that Melon is also an Akikan. Kakeru and Melon have an outing together. The episode ends with a real cliffhanger as Yell attacks Kakeru for upsetting Najimi.
Anata wa kyou de Mayuyu oshi! - "Team B Oshi" from Team B 5th Stage "Theater no megami"
Feb 3, 2009 10:33 PM

Sep 2007
Looks like we got some srs biz at the end of the episode. Quite a dramatic turn there. Needs more drunk Najimi though.
Feb 3, 2009 11:26 PM

Nov 2007
Najimi seemed hurt and all but punish him didn't sound like something she'd say. anyway Kakeru got messed up there. kizaki and that fruity guy sure are stirring things up. this ep lacked some gigolo and yuri girl though.
Feb 4, 2009 1:00 AM

Aug 2008
Wasabi said:
Looks like we got some srs biz at the end of the episode. Quite a dramatic turn there. Needs more drunk Najimi though.
qft

What's with the cats, lol
Feb 4, 2009 3:20 AM

Oct 2008
I did not expect that ending for such a lighthearted series. Other than that, i thought there'd be some sort of jokey innuendo about eating melon.
Feb 4, 2009 3:24 AM

Jul 2008
Episode was ok and decently entertaining.
Feb 4, 2009 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
cute yet gory o_o
Feb 4, 2009 4:09 AM

Jun 2008
Decent episode.
I Didn't expect that Yell was really going to kill Kakeru and also blood :O
Feb 4, 2009 4:31 AM

Aug 2008
"Killed by can" - pretty lame way to die, isn't it ;] Seriously, this anime is easily as bad as akasaka or even worse.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 4, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
really? i thought this is quite entertaining. especially with Kakeru and his perverted gag. i got some good laugh out of this episode

Feb 4, 2009 5:52 AM

Aug 2008
Anyone think the animation quality went down a bit this episode?
I don't know if it was just me, but several characters' eyes looked to be at weird angles, and larger than they were in earlier episodes.
Feb 4, 2009 6:35 AM

Nov 2008
Start of the episode made me wonder where they were going with it but it turned out to be pretty funny. I love Kakeru's perverted humor. The scene with all the couples kissing and then Melon holding on a little longer was fair cute.

Antanaru said:
"Killed by can" - pretty lame way to die, isn't it ;] Seriously, this anime is easily as bad as akasaka or even worse.

You think you would have stopped watching by now lol.

jujubeeza said:
I don't know if it was just me, but several characters' eyes looked to be at weird angles, and larger than they were in earlier episodes.

Haters have been wahhhing about it since day one lol. As long as Melon looks cute, that is all that matters ;p I still think it is alright, just a little odd at times.

That cut was really deep. Maybe Akikan's can heal injuries that have been dealt by other akikan's/to their masters with kisses?

Kvakond said:
Wasabi said:
qft

What's with the cats, lol

lol Not so serious side of Airin-kun, I mean, Kizaki :P

AnistylezFeb 4, 2009 6:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Feb 4, 2009 7:29 AM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:

What the hell was that anyway? Is this even Akikan anymore?

Oh well, at least the kittens were awesome.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 4, 2009 7:44 AM

Sep 2007
jujubeeza said:

The animation quality was pretty crappy in general throughout the whole show.
Feb 4, 2009 8:02 AM

Nov 2008
Bakayaro said:
Wasabi said:

It has the same formula as Dears that people either loved or hated, in which case I loved. There is a serious plot which is generally overshadowed by the lighthearted comedy and romance. These type of series are the series that people just thrive on loving to hate because they can't enjoy it for what it is, and the ones that can love it to bits. People had as big of a cry over Dears as they did over Akikan, yet they are both really popular and the haters can do little to detract from the entertainment of the series.

Again, I don't understand why people who don't like Shounen romance/comedies watch these series as if it's going to be anything different to stuff they have badmouthed in the past. Loved this episode, it is a fun series and a welcome break from all the serious overly dramatic ones.

I don't know how they have managed to pump out so many variations of the same ending and still have them all sounding so good. Pretty much addicted to the opening song now lol
AnistylezFeb 4, 2009 8:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Feb 4, 2009 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
Didn't expect the blood at all.
Feb 4, 2009 9:10 AM

Jan 2009
HarukoK said:
Didn't expect the blood at all.

Same here. Nice episode
Feb 4, 2009 9:39 AM
Nov 2007
I was shocked to see that much blood. But I say this was first Akikan episode I really liked. Previous were ok, but this one was really good.
Feb 4, 2009 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
ironchefflip said:
I did not expect that ending for such a lighthearted series.

Haha, I know. That caught me off guard.

Bakayaro said:
Wasabi said:

I know. This series just keeps getting weirder, lol. Haha, I agree. The kittens were awesome! =D

Feb 4, 2009 10:18 AM

May 2007
Blood :O

Ba-Kakeru is srs business
Feb 4, 2009 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
I find this show so bad that it broke the fail floor and become average xD.
Feb 4, 2009 11:18 AM

Jul 2008
Oh man, Kizaki likes cats ! 8D It was so cute when she said "kawaii ~ ♥". And her phone was also nice.

Ok episode, maybe this show is getting little better than I expected :3

wawawa, there was blood ! o_______o
SonjaFeb 4, 2009 9:55 PM

Feb 4, 2009 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
Hmm. There is alot of people who whines of "It sucks" or so, why do you even bother to watch it? You know it's not going to magicly become better, if you don't like it by episode 5, drop it already, and spare us from your whine.

On topic, the episode was like 3,5. Didn't like the forced drama at the end, but it caught me offguard, that's for sure.
Feb 4, 2009 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
I think the drama makes it even funnier.
Feb 4, 2009 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
Kizaki face was priceless when she saw the cat. A side of her no one knew xD
Feb 4, 2009 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
heh, turned serious all the sudden. where did she get murder from punish?
Feb 4, 2009 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
the ending surprised me a lot with the bloodflash and whats up with this idiotic friend of his, punish him because he chose another girl (it looks like that to her rather than how it actually happend)? Is she retarded?
Feb 4, 2009 3:23 PM

Dec 2008
ouch, that looks like it hurts alot. it's strange that i actually saw blood, this just doesnt seem like the kind of anime that would include it in the series. hahaha, the grape girl is just too cute XD. the girl probably regrets what she said, like how situations normal end up being like. well, we'll see next episode..
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Feb 4, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
The cats and Kizaki was a great sight gag. Very enjoyable episode, especially that Kabadi thing at the beginning and the little Budoko thing.

Considering Najimi forced the date out of Kakeru, it's not really that evil of him to back out.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Feb 4, 2009 3:43 PM

Oct 2008
the ending freked me out
Feb 4, 2009 7:27 PM

Aug 2008
I think this proves my point when I said earlier that the show is trying to take itself seriously...and that's where it fails for me. Characters like Budodku, lesbian witch, and Kakeru are fine when it's over the top, but there's little depth when it tries to be dramatic and meaningful.
Feb 4, 2009 7:54 PM

Jun 2008
0.o gasp a serious injury? i think this anime is crossing the border lol
Feb 4, 2009 8:49 PM

Oct 2007
The show is absolutely horrible and the only reason for me to watch this is to laugh at how absolutely stupid it is. As a failure of a show this has been amazing. The seriouz emotions at the end was kinda funny with the "punish" line. Anyway drama time.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Feb 4, 2009 10:04 PM

Dec 2008
Waah, poor Najimi. Then again, it IS a misunderstanding; Melon and Kakeru weren't actually on a date at the baseball game...

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Feb 4, 2009 10:40 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
I think this proves my point when I said earlier that the show is trying to take itself seriously...and that's where it fails for me. Characters like Budodku, lesbian witch, and Kakeru are fine when it's over the top, but there's little depth when it tries to be dramatic and meaningful.

As I said before, this show is like Dears. They have a serious plot that plays a second fiddle to the romance and comedy but it is necessary in order to get a story moving and to keep their male audience who may also be into action intrigued. The serious story itself in these kind of anime is generally below average but isn't extremely important to the series itself, so thus is easily overlooked.

Nothing tragic is going to come of this injury, it'll be healed or something quicker than it was made. It will just give Melon a chance to be negative about getting Kakeru involved. She will then "leave him" only for Kakeru to realise that she is an important part of his life now and doesn't want to let her go. The serious story is more for character development.
AnistylezFeb 4, 2009 10:45 PM

Feb 4, 2009 10:43 PM

Oct 2007
Can someone tell me, who are the main characters?

Am I the only one here that didn't see any main characters in this show?
SivaFeb 5, 2009 9:30 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 4, 2009 10:45 PM

Aug 2008
Boy "best friends" in anime really get the shaft. It's sad, too because it's the most romantic choice for two childhood friends to fall in love, but in anime, the best friend ALWAYS either becomes psycho or just gets flat out rejected for the new girl who's just barely entered the main character's life.

think about it. Kanon, Ef - a tale of memories, Onegai Sensei, Strawberry Panic, Shuffle! among many others. And now this. I mean Melon's a freakin can and Najimi would do anything for him, but its probably gonna be Melon who he picks in the end. It's retarded.

I think that's one of the main reasons I loved Kimikiss Pure Rouge so much. They just did it right.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Feb 4, 2009 10:48 PM

Nov 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Boy "best friends" in anime really get the shaft. It's sad, too because it's the most romantic choice for two childhood friends to fall in love, but in anime, the best friend ALWAYS either becomes psycho or just gets flat out rejected for the new girl who's just barely entered the main character's life.

think about it. Kanon, Ef - a tale of memories, Onegai Sensei, Strawberry Panic, Shuffle! among many others. And now this. I mean Melon's a freakin can and Najimi would do anything for him, but its probably gonna be Melon who he picks in the end. It's retarded.

I think that's one of the main reasons I loved Kimikiss Pure Rouge so much. They just did it right.

Another reason why it is like Dears.

Chobits

and in Akikan it is obvious that Melon will get chosen over the girl that likes him too, unless they were going to go with a sadder ending where Melon dies or runs out of juice or something. The girl that likes him will probably turn yuri with her Akikan.

Siva said:
Can someone tell me, who are the main characters?

Am I the only one here that did see any main characters in this show?

Kakeru and Melon ? lol.

kisami said:
heh, turned serious all the sudden. where did she get murder from punish?

LOL true that.
AnistylezFeb 4, 2009 10:52 PM

Feb 4, 2009 10:51 PM

Oct 2007
mcjazzman32 said:

I don't want to argue about "best friend" or how do you like an anime. But is there even a drama in Akikan?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 5, 2009 12:02 AM

Aug 2008
Swiftstylez said:
The serious story is more for character development.
Character what? We're still talking about Akikan, right?
Feb 5, 2009 2:46 AM

Dec 2007
Ho ho Najimi is becoming more and more of a yandere.
Feb 5, 2009 3:02 AM

Nov 2008
I have guessed that that kind of thing would happen...but the blood and the deep wound was surprising...i tought that the "punishment attempt" will be failed.
I feel sorry for Najimi because most propably Kakeru ends up with Melon...
In Chobbits or DearS it's don't matter because the heroine was more likable but in Akikan the things are switched...the 2 most niticable characters are Najimi and Kakeru for me...
Feb 5, 2009 3:42 AM

Dec 2007
Best moment : cats on Kizaki. And for now whole show is good for me because there is still fun in this pure nonsens :-)
Feb 5, 2009 9:42 AM

Dec 2007
Uhm, Najimi's reaction was a bit...over the top? I guess she doesn't know how Yell handles such matters lol.
Feb 5, 2009 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
My pros/cons
5 - starting rating
+1 Najimi makes a move
+1 Melon likes Kakeru a lot now
+1 BLOOD! I was surprised to see it.
+1 Drama and tension are high

To sum up, this ep was 9 out of 10.
And yes, I "love DearS.
To all haters - just die, please. Or stop watching :)
Feb 6, 2009 2:59 AM

Dec 2007
haha Airin reminds me of Tear from ToA ~ serious, no-nonsense women who like to hide their secret love of cute things XDDD
Feb 6, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
Dang Najimi, sending out the assassination command so quickly? Talk about overreacting. ;D
Feb 6, 2009 5:54 PM
Mar 2008
This show imho is going downhill with each episode, I enjoyed it at first, but not so much now. There were a few moments that were decent in this episode

-The cats
-The blood
-a few of kakeru's jokes.
-the making out

But the bad heavily outweighed it

-The grape girl is still annoying, I hate her style of char of coming in acting tough, and for some reason running off.
-A lot of kakeru's jokes fall flat, especially the early ones in the class room
-The classmates attacking Kakeru
-Kakeru's "combat style"
-Najimi, do we really need her hiding her feelings, next ep i hope she at least confesses so we can either end up with them dating, or the end of this one sided romance. I'd rather have her go RAGE on kakeru and become the villain in the series.
-still no other steel can's. This is a battle between the two sides, why is it just melon vs 2 and probably more later.

This would be over REALLY QUICKLY. Najimi just calls melon away from kakeru, fakes a hug, pulls the tab, drains the liquid. End of Najimi's rivalry, and end of the battles.
Feb 7, 2009 12:24 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah..but Najimi is not that evil...most propably Najimi makes up with Kakeru and they're forming some kind of "team" to help each other...2 kinds of akikan sensors>only one:P
Feb 7, 2009 12:34 AM
Apr 2008
the show's gettin gud now ;) some srs busineezes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 23, 2008

127 by EmperorThor »»
Apr 20, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Mar 14, 2009

52 by W3TFT »»
Sep 20, 2022 3:31 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xyakaix - Mar 29, 2009

87 by TazzyTensai »»
Sep 4, 2022 12:38 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

77 by victualness »»
Jan 23, 2022 1:13 PM

» Who are these characters?

RenaPsychoKiller - Jul 4, 2012

1 by Randomcardcaptor »»
Oct 14, 2020 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.