Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shit, I feel sorry for Rin and his family this episode.

Decent episode, I'm ready for the competitions. I know Gou is obviously ready because the way he stares at the guys' biceps LOL. I didn't expect the swimming to get this intense though. Damn, Rin is good.
Aug 21, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, so one of the sacrifices of the ship who died in Haruka's fear was Red hair siblings' fatherwhowas the best swimmer? Red hair manager sharing photos from the training, and got info. about the enemy teams. lol @ her notes. For his promise, Mamo's character only entered free. Megane guy is into the beauty of Relay. Mamo's character's kouhai also felt the same "jealousy" he has, it seems. I just realized, Mamo's character has a shark teeth! Mamo's character won with his ability and without that main guy's sympathy in intense competition.

They are being depressed over the main guy's lost, and lol @ the narration about going to talk about Mamo's character's shameful event.
tsubasaloverAug 21, 2013 10:56 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2013 10:05 AM

Dec 2011
heh, Nitori's being too obvious

It's been a while since Gou's fangirl mood's seen ww.

I feel sorry for Rin but the ending's heartbreaking ;__;

HirieoshiAug 21, 2013 12:29 PM
Aug 21, 2013 10:31 AM
Dec 2012
Nice to see their swimming competition finally, but it felt very short. I'd like to see swimming scenes more. Rin drank an interesting beverage called Pocket Sweat. What sort of beverage was that? lol
Aug 21, 2013 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
The soundtrack in the scene of them getting on their marks: was that... dubstep? In MY KyoAni fanservice show?! That... worked surprisingly well.
Aug 21, 2013 12:46 PM
Aug 21, 2013 12:47 PM

May 2012
Angsty episode, from dead fathers to Haruka not winning the race.
I guess that's what the fortune meant by half-luck.
Maybe they'll win the relay?
Aug 21, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, this was a pretty intense episode, I liked the OST this episode, that dubstep lol. But I'm surprised that Haruka didn't get to advance, I was at least expecting that, but that was pretty cold of Rin to say that he'll never swim with him again. I wonder what Haruka is going to do now, guess I'll just wait for next week.
Aug 21, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCK RIN Q_______Q noooooooooooooo

I swear... I was kind of happy for you for a second that he won because a little part of be felt he deserved it for all his hard work.. but I swear to god, what a terrible sport he has become! What the fuck Rin! V__V Maybe you did deserve to lose !!! And I hope the rest of Itawobi and kick Samezuka's ass! >;oooo

and omfg that cute moment when Captain was calling out to Gou OMFG he is superr cute!! ; u ;
ImNotLulexiaaAug 21, 2013 1:03 PM
Aug 21, 2013 12:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
eminagnam said:
Nice to see their swimming competition finally, but it felt very short. I'd like to see swimming scenes more. Rin drank an interesting beverage called Pocket Sweat. What sort of beverage was that? lol

It's probably a parody of Pocari Sweat? Kind of tastes like gatorade to me.

This episode was definitely intense, and we also get to see a little more about Rin (though I don't find his background that interesting, seems kind of like a normal sad backstory). But that look on Haru's face when he lost and was looking up at Rin, that was heartbreaking :( How could Rin say such a thing to him?
Aug 21, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2012
i dont know who to feel worse for, rin or haru
Aug 21, 2013 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
the dubstep in the background before the relay was pretty surprising though it was kind of cool that they added that
Aug 21, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
nice episode overall
first I wondered if Haruka would intentionally lose (to let Rin believe he actually won so that Haru can be 'free' from all the competition stuff) or if he wanted to win (why would he be free then, though?)
Aug 21, 2013 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
Pay him back Haruka! Then you can burden his soul for another 10 years!
Visual direction this week was a cut above the norm. Get this episode director or people like him/her more often
Aug 21, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
I can't wait till this soundtrack comes out. Episode was great and I really liked Miyano as Rin. I hope Haru starts to show some character. He's said very few words so far...
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Aug 2012
No. no. no. I heart began to race when Rin and Haru did their race. I feel so sorry for Haru, Rin was a douche. Nitori was so hella cute, and obvious.
I look forward to next weeks episode! REVENGE.. Pay him back Haru.

5/5

Nov 2012
ooomg so much rin in this episode. my fangirl heart is happy. ;~;
and i was wondering.. was rin's dad the fisherman makoto spoke of last episode? or was that just a coincidence...
so rin won huh. i wonder what harukas reaction means.. does he actually want to compete with rin? or something like that...
Aug 21, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2010
Great Episode! Finally got some answers regarding Rin.
The race was actually kind of intense lol. Poor Haru.
Aug 21, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2007
Had no clue who would win that race and I'm not sure how I feel about the result...just see how this plays out.

Lulexiaa said:
and omfg that cute moment when Captain was calling out to Gou OMFG he is superr cute!! ; u ;
Seriously Mikoshiba can be so adorable <333 I wish he had more screen time!
Aug 21, 2013 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
Wow...didn't expect them to face off that quickly. And Rin winning to boot O_o

Though he definitely deserves the win :) He's been working for it his whole life so it wouldn't have been fair to have him lose ^^

Anyway, really nice ep...and the animation is just beautiful as always :D

And Gou is cute as always. She's really a great manager :D

Let's see how this goes since Haru seems to be mentally broken right now.
Barion-ZaraAug 21, 2013 1:29 PM
Aug 21, 2013 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of expected to see Rin to win honestly. Now Haru's going to lose motivation or some shit.
Aug 21, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2009
omg. this fucking show. So many feelings. I felt like Rin just HAD to win but the second he did, and Haruka didn't even QUALIFY for the finals. omg. I felt horrible.

Rin and Haru just lie to themselves all the fucking timeee. Haru thought he would be free but it looks like he's going to be hella depressed. Rin says he's never going to swim with Haru again, but thematically he should come to regret being a jerk. hahaha. omg.

Rin's backstory explains everything. It explains his ~existential crisis~ when Haru beat him those years back. It wasn't an overreaction imo.

This level of drama was completely unexpected even though I didn't expect anything much from this show at all.

silverwalls said:
ooomg so much rin in this episode. my fangirl heart is happy. ;~;
and i was wondering.. was rin's dad the fisherman makoto spoke of last episode? or was that just a coincidence...
so rin won huh. i wonder what harukas reaction means.. does he actually want to compete with rin? or something like that...

A lot of fishermen died, so it's not a coincidence. But they're not the same guy. Makoto's guy was super old, a grandpa. Rin's dad would've been like early 30s probably.
Aug 21, 2013 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Really intense race between Haru and Rin, I thought for sure Haru would win.
I was really feeling bad for Rin until he became an asshole at the end.
Nitori really cares for his senpai - so cute!
Can't wait 'till the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2011
Damn swimming anime got angsty and intense.

Wow, I was so sure Haru would win but I'm glad Rin won because he's my favorite. I felt really bad for Haru though, his face when he realized he lost and Rin told him he'd never swim with him again. Rin why u gotta be such a douche. I know some part of your cute shota self is still buried very deeply inside you u just gotta let it come out.

So, next episode. It's called 'Revenge on the Relay' or something so I guess they'll compete in the relay obviously. Who or what are they getting revenge on tho? I'm guessing Haru since he didn't even pass. Rin only signed up for freestyle 100m though so I'm guessing they won't compete against him.

Also, on a separate note. I love Miyano Mamoru as Rin. So hot. I can't wait for his character songs to come out.
Aug 21, 2013 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
YAY! Rin win!
Love Haruka, but I wanted Rin win xD
Aug 21, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Coming straight from the pool, and watching this, love it :). Really liked this episode, feeeeels..

That atmosphere when all swimmers are sitting around doing nothing when they walk in, so true haha, they did a great job with that!
MrJorizAug 21, 2013 1:46 PM
Aug 21, 2013 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
wait what? swimming? I thought we'd never get the chance to see actual sport in this show..

so haruka loses to rin, but that's only in the qual. why the f didn't he advance? you're telling me rin won by less than 1 sec and was able to qualify as the eighth last? rofl everything for more drama.. wondering how nanase will react to that: train harder or be depressed?
Aug 21, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
Want more Seijuurou/Kou *.*

Also... these bodies!
Never get tired of this xD
Aug 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Jan 2011
another teary episode ;A;

PRODUCERS PLEASE, MAKE THIS ANIME A HAPPY ENDING! ;A;

Aug 21, 2013 1:51 PM
May 2012
lol i am kinda conflicted who to root for, i feel bad for haru's loss but also glad that rin won and is able to move on ;/ dem those feels x)
Aug 21, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
Why Rin WHY? DON'T BE MEAN TO HARU-CHAN!
Aug 21, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
vonPeterhof said:
The soundtrack in the scene of them getting on their marks: was that... dubstep? In MY KyoAni fanservice show?! That... worked surprisingly well.

They also used that in the first episode, dubstep ost that is
Aug 21, 2013 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
My heart sank when Haru lost, then Rin had to be such a douche about winning >,<

End card was cute ~
Aug 21, 2013 2:02 PM
Aug 2011
So that was Rin's father in the old timey photo. KyoAni you sure love to use that hazy looking filter for things like dream sequences.

Rin that son of a gun got extra cocky at the end.
He's lucky he has such fabulous hair.

This is difficult because I want to root for everyone.
Aug 21, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, wow. So only one person from each round gets to go to the finals. That sucks for Haru. :( On a side note, I'm enjoying the competition. KyoAni's art never disappoints.

LittleStar said:
Want more Seijuurou/Kou *.*
kstadtfeld said:
Also, on a separate note. I love Miyano Mamoru as Rin. So hot. I can't wait for his character songs to come out.

Agreed.
Aug 21, 2013 2:11 PM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:
wait what? swimming? I thought we'd never get the chance to see actual sport in this show..

so haruka loses to rin, but that's only in the qual. why the f didn't he advance? you're telling me rin won by less than 1 sec and was able to qualify as the eighth last? rofl everything for more drama.. wondering how nanase will react to that: train harder or be depressed?

The time differences between first place and last place in something like 100m can be under a second. Soo. Not only for the sake of drama, but also realism =O
Aug 21, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2013
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:

The time differences between first place and last place in something like 100m can be under a second. Soo. Not only for the sake of drama, but also realism =O
but were there 8 heats? so the first from each heat advances? usually its top 2 or 3 per heat that advance to the semis so I'm confused.
Aug 21, 2013 2:17 PM
Feb 2012
this episode was intense.... but seeing as the freakin CPR and drowning scene was solved retardedly easily. im afraid that the next episode will be all sunshine and swimming and then "friendship forever" and then done.
Aug 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2010
I didn't even notice Mikoshiba first time I saw the ending card lol.

Dammit Rin ლ(ಠ益ಠლ I kind of wanted him to win to stop having issues, but I didn't expect such ending. Poor Haru-chan-san.
Aug 21, 2013 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:

but were there 8 heats? so the first from each heat advances? usually its top 2 or 3 per heat that advance to the semis so I'm confused.

I think it's top from each of the 8 heats, so only 8 go to finals.
Aug 21, 2013 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:

Unable to determine how many heats there were. Since the times are independent of each other, there's never any guarantee that even the winner of a heat would make it into the finals. Plus, Rin said he kept his 'time low' so he could swim in the same heat as Haru, so the other races had better swimmers. (This doesn't mean Rin had the slowest time of the final 8.)
Aug 21, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
The whole Rin Drama breaks my heart </3

but he's just being so mean at the end >< I feel very conflicted.
Maybe next time.
Aug 21, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2013
I cant believe Haru chan lost
Aug 21, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:

Unable to determine how many heats there were. Since the times are independent of each other, there's never any guarantee that even the winner of a heat would make it into the finals. Plus, Rin said he kept his 'time low' so he could swim in the same heat as Haru, so the other races had better swimmers. (This doesn't mean Rin had the slowest time of the final 8.)
http://www.fina.org/H2O/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=280:sw-3-seeding-of-heats-semi-finals-and-finals&catid=82:swimming-rules&Itemid=184 true
Aug 21, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
I just knew Haru would lose. They'll probably face off again in the relay or something. Great episode. Fantastic, fabulous swimming.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 21, 2013 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Maybe something happens and haru gets in the finals through technicality
Aug 21, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2012
Am i the only one who thinks they focus too much on rin and haruko race and don't give other characters to shine what i mean as give some build up for the other races. Rin is too emo,generic and i don't like it, the episode was ok and disappointing the swimming was kinda weak compere to the opening they should have added intense commentary to make it more exiting but i'm still happy that we had swimming in this show :).
Aug 21, 2013 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
Lost. . . . .He lost. . . . . .

I'm speechless, literally. I can hardly breath, it was so intense. . . . . . . lost.

Never? Never?!?

Although I know Rin has been waiting for that for such a long time, and he deserved it. The attitude.

Next week . . .Come quick!!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 21, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:

http://www.fina.org/H2O/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=280:sw-3-seeding-of-heats-semi-finals-and-finals&catid=82:swimming-rules&Itemid=184 true

Cool. I just watched the episode again. haha. There may have been only four heats because it was then determined right after that Rin would be racing in the finals and Haru lingered in the pool (wasn't made to clear out immediately). Rin must've had the 2nd fastest time because now he's #5.
Aug 21, 2013 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
I guess it will be a relay in the final episodes in which they win, hooray!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lpf - Jul 24, 2013

315 by Luisito14 »»
Mar 21, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

408 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

170 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.