Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 7:08 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The King is born
The Queen dies in the process of birth?!?!

What a ruthless bastard...but wow he is strong
LOL no wings....no problem...grow wings

surrender from the chimera ant?

haha, Neferpitou, what yo deserve
oh this is not good the ants are separating and going their own way.

poor Gon, can't go rescue Kite himself, I feel sad seeing him and Killua that way.
It made me cry a little when he said "I never imagined that being weak is painful"
LunaAug 11, 2013 12:43 AM
Aug 3, 2013 7:12 PM

Aug 2011
I liked how they made the king's birth scene
Aug 3, 2013 7:21 PM

Oct 2009
ValeBreck said:

I know right...ugh but i don't like his skin color (i was imagining it differently)
Aug 3, 2013 7:26 PM

Aug 2011
AnimationQueen said:
ValeBreck said:

I know right...ugh but i don't like his skin color (i was imagining it differently)
I agree, but they're accetable
By the way I loved this episode and pacing was perfect
Even though it was really low budget...

Oh, Rip Peggy, you were one of my favorite ants.
ValeBreckAug 4, 2013 8:07 AM
Aug 3, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2011
Ding dong, the Queen is RIP, not that I care much.

Is it just me or does his character design look a bit like Cell from DBZ?..

Aww surrendering already Colt? Shame. Decent episode and the big bad boy is finally out.
Aug 3, 2013 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
ValeBreck said:
By the way I loved this episode and pacing was perfect
Even though it was really low budget...

Was it as low budget as the last two?
Aug 3, 2013 7:38 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:

Is it just me or does his character design look a bit like Cell from DBZ?...

Yes, it's a recurrent joke in the fandom.
He is like Freezer and Cell combined.
Aug 3, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
I also noticed that he is voiced by this dude:
http://myanimelist.net/people/1764/Kouki_Uchiyama

Same person that will voice Raku in the upcoming series Nisekoi

Salce said:
He is like Freezer and Cell combined.

You mean Frieza?
Aug 3, 2013 7:52 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
You mean Frieza?

Haha, yes.
I never knew how it was written, I watched Dragon Ball in spanish in argentinian TV when I was like... 8 years old.
Aug 3, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:

The Chimera Ant arc was a one big homage to the Cell Saga, even Togashi said it himself as he admired Akira Toriyama

This is rated Peggy 18
Aug 3, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Oh I see.

Here's to another badass King picture

Aug 3, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2013
Flume said:
Stark700 said:

The Chimera Ant arc was a one big homage to the Cell Saga, even Togashi said it himself as he admired Akira Toriyama

thr King's design is a homage to Cell. The arc itself resembles the Piccolo Daimou arc more (evil monster giving birth to mutant creature servants)
Aug 3, 2013 9:06 PM

Jun 2012
Things can't seem to get any worse for our heroes

- The King is born
- The Squadron Leaders are leaving the nest to spread their seed
- Gon and Killua both lost their matches with the intended consequences to follow( Psychotic Palm finding out and Killua leaving Gon)

Interesting directing choice of having only the music playing during the birth and when he kills the innocent family. Kind of makes the impact when he bitch slaps the Turtle Squadron Leader and Pitou even more in your face.

I love whenever the artists put that extra little oomph and it was apparent this week. The shadows and lighting when the King kills the family on the farm were especially good

Extra little highlight related to a future plot point. Not that huge but thought I'd spoiler tag anyway
HybridMBLAug 3, 2013 9:25 PM
Aug 3, 2013 9:18 PM
Apr 2013
It feels like Togashi is a man who is in the business of outdoing himself on a regular basis.
Aug 3, 2013 9:22 PM

Feb 2013
My manly tears almost came down. Very emotional episode!
Aug 3, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2011
If you aren't a fan of the King after that badassness then I don't know what planet you're living on because he just fucked everyone's shit up.
Aug 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
If you aren't a fan of the King after that badassness then I don't know what planet you're living on because he just fucked everyone's shit up.

That's a badass forum avatar.
Aug 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
So if Netero couldn't stand a chance against again Pitou, then how the hell is anyone going to deal with the King? This is interesting.

I love how Hunter x Hunter always does the unexpected and avoids the cliches. I was sure Gon/Killua would have won the fight with their strong feelings for Kite or some bullshit, props to Togashi for not going down that road.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 9:30 PM

Apr 2013
NOOOO Gon and Killua lost!
Aug 3, 2013 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
Grab a helmet and put on your seatbelt, folks.
>.>
Aug 3, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
MCAL said:
It feels like Togashi is a man who is in the business of outdoing himself on a regular basis.

he really outdid himself with this latest hiatus
Aug 3, 2013 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Wow this was a really nice episode. King is so brutal, poor peggy and the turtle guy that tried to suck up to him.
Aug 3, 2013 9:52 PM

May 2011
Killua is so painfully sweet, he cares so deeply about Gon. I know Gon is aware of this, we saw that back in Greed Island and other times, but I still, ahh, they all need hugs. ;_;
Aug 3, 2013 9:59 PM

May 2013
Wow great episode, the king is beast!! Seeing just how powerful he is I have a feeling someone has to die namely Netero or a student. I dont see how they can beat him unless the team up and sacrifice someone. I feel bad for peggy favorite ant excluding guards & king.
Aug 3, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2013
A month without nen for Gon while the ants run loose. I was surprised they lost.
Aug 3, 2013 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
So much decapitation in one episode.

Aug 3, 2013 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
The king made an awesome entrance this episode. He is a BOSS.
This show is getting really dark.
Great episode.
4.5/5
Aug 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
good episode eventhough the animation is low budgeted this episode
Aug 3, 2013 11:21 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode.
The king is born and he is bloody ruthless.
So sad Gon and Killuia didn't win. It was very emotional at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 3, 2013 11:23 PM

Jun 2009
gedata said:
MCAL said:

he really outdid himself with this latest hiatus

He can hiatus all he wants if he puts out great stuff like this. I mean, god damn what a crazy turn of events. I'm extremely interested in how Gon and Killua will factor into this going forward.

fearthebeard85 said:

Now I know why you have that forum avatar. I thought Pitou had a great introduction. But this? I'll just say I'm very interested in the King's actions going forward. As well as Colt trying to get help from the hunters and the other soldier ants attempting to strike out on their own.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2013 11:28 PM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Ding dong, the Queen is RIP, not that I care much.

Aww surrendering already Colt? Shame. Decent episode and the big bad boy is finally out.

Dude I was thinking the same thing... but I liked cells design a bit more
Aug 3, 2013 11:29 PM

Jun 2013
Peggy :'(

King is an asshole (and short lol)
Aug 3, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2011
Oh yes. The king is born. I can't wait to see more of his way overpowered badass-ery.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 11:41 PM

Jun 2013
ok ok ok... who gave this a 1/5? Are the fairy tail fans trolling again? xD
Amazing episode. Would have been 10 times better if they didnt spoil that gon would lose the fight in the preview of the last episode -.-
I love that Togashi put that plottwist in there. It seemed like knuckle and shoot were just fodder to overcome. Well played Togashi... well played.
Aug 3, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
think this is the most ruthless birth i've seen zero fucks were given from the king to his mother An't no body gonna tell me when i can and can't be born!

joking aside this episode made my jaw drop,king treated his soldiers like nothing even pitou would had been gone if she wasn't so strong

last weeks preview trolled me good made sense that they lost wonder what they will do for the next 30days when shit gets real.
Aug 3, 2013 11:54 PM

Jul 2013
Well, the animation was just as I expected it to be, based on the directors. Nothing fantastic, but still good. Next few episodes might be better when it comes to that.
Aug 3, 2013 11:56 PM

Nov 2012
Flume said:
Stark700 said:

Really ? when did he said that ?
though, it's not really weird. Toriyama is a living legend!

--

about the episode, it's perfect. but it piss me off how they didn't even make a theme for Meruem birth, like .. REALLY MADHOUSE ?!!
from now on, Chimera Ants arc will be FIRE, the excitement will never stop. this coming from someone who read the whole manga chapters :)
Aug 4, 2013 12:00 AM

Jul 2012
Killua mention leaving gon's side when he can use his nen once again. I wonder they lost because Killua failed and Gon didn't want to go without Killua so he let the other two guys go instead.
That sounds like something Gon would do...
Aug 4, 2013 12:19 AM
Mar 2013
Wow this episode was just Godlike :> That king was just ruthless, holy shit. I loved the fact that there was no music, it made the scene much more powerful. I man my god he is just so unpredictable! You make on wrong move and he kills you, and you dont even know for what, he just kills you for the simplest reason, and he doesn't scream or anything, he just calmly and without any warning, kills you. It is absolutely terrifying; this is how you make a villain.

*Spit* "mazui..." haha this guy, everything about him is terrifying and amazing OMG XD I love The King and Neferpitou! XD haha, I'm probably gonna root for them lol ;D

Oh my god. Kite was easily killed by Neferpitou. And Netero said he might be weaker the Neferpitou, or perhaps on par. I wonder how strong his two subordinates are, I cant imagine them being that much stronger than Kite ^^ But I guess we'll see xD

All in all, this is one of the best episode of any shounen I have seen, ESPECIALLY compared to the horrible animation and quality we see at the current One Piece and Naruto animes. I love those shows alot, but their recent animation/art quality does not compare to HxH in my amateurish eyes' opinion.
Aug 4, 2013 12:27 AM

Dec 2010
thats some serious kingly attitude...
the unfolding of match outcome ...
the death of family scene ...

so it begins ... awesomeness of this arc cant be described in words... just wait for the ending ..the way animation is going, oh yeah it will be a hell of a arc in all shonen anime history...
Aug 4, 2013 12:37 AM
Jan 2012
His birth scene was perfect, had the same amount of tension as it did when I was reading the manga.
Aug 4, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
What a great turn of events!
and wow the king is even more horrible than I thought he would be..
Aug 4, 2013 1:07 AM

May 2011
i don't want anything, the king made my day here, the birth scene was EPIC
the king attacking the field scene was epic too and i have to say " poor kid, don't play around when the Fucken chimera ant's king is hungry and searching for some food without knowing that the kids taste is yuk"
didn't also expect to see Colt requesting help from a human, he used to hate them that much, that's showing how important the queen is to him
and i gonna love the king's jumps xD
P.s
the cat on Gon's shoulder is very cute xD make me laugh every time i saw it
ok, that was a good episode, didn't expect to see the king at the beginning of the ep, i thought his birth will be at the end of it or at the second part so it was such a surprise, well, i said when he breaks through the queens stomach "yay the king was given birth so fast"
it was good episode thought, the pace was bit slow but i like it and the art was very good and impressive
i expected that gon and killua will loose since they don't have the enough power to face Shoot and Knuckle
by the way, is it only me or the kings tail or whatever it was stretching ?
Satan-samaAug 4, 2013 1:14 AM
Aug 4, 2013 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
I like how Meruem's first and only words to his mother was to shut up.

Pity about the the little penguin guy getting beheaded; he was kind of cool.
Aug 4, 2013 1:51 AM

Feb 2011
Seeing them cry made me sad. Anyway slow pace is slow :(
Aug 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
UnbornMVs said:
Seeing them cry made me sad. Anyway slow pace is slow :(

Surely you jest. I mean, a lot happened in this episode. The king was born, Colt turned himself into the hunters, the soldier ants are trying to strike out on their own, Gon lost his Nen and Killua saying to himself he'll leave after the thirty days are up. How could you possibly say that the pacing was slow here?
Ston3_FreeN7Aug 4, 2013 2:02 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 4, 2013 2:00 AM
Jan 2013
mind blow MIND BLOW

OMG Masterpiece Episode ♥♥
Aug 4, 2013 2:05 AM

May 2012
So it seems that Killua did not overcome his "curse" yet which will make him leave Gon. And the king is a spoiled brat! But I really like him. And when he praised Pitou, "I was trying to kill you".. Man, these guys are overpowered!
Aug 4, 2013 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
Alright the King is completely badass.
Since Gon can't use nen for 30 days, does that mean he won't be that active in this arc?
Aug 4, 2013 2:50 AM

May 2011
Raito said:
Alright the King is completely badass.
Since Gon can't use nen for 30 days, does that mean he won't be that active in this arc?

i didn't read the manga but i don't think togashi won't give him a role in such a important Arc like this
i think gon will get rid of Knuckle ability somehow and join the others but gon still very weak to fight, he must catch up with the royal guard power level at least, i wonder how gon will gain power
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.