Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2013 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
I really like the comedy. I didn't expect Free to be this funny.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 24, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. These episodes are rated unbelievably highly
Jul 24, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
LOL. Rei is even entertaining to watch than he was in the last episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 24, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
UnbornMVs said:
Dat yaoi aura was so strong this episode
my feeling exactly.. probably the worst episode yet.
Jul 24, 2013 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
Over the top fanservice if you ask me but then I'm a guy. C'mon KyoAni! You got two great girls to use. Seriously, if we don't get a fanservice moment with Gou or sensei I'm gonna be pissed ;)

Episode otherwise was a little slow. Last week was better
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 24, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2010
Leapling said:
It's basically K-on.. Dropping it. There will be no real swimming. One competition won't change anything at all.

Leapling said:
The gay parts are getting more and more obvious and it's really off putting.

this right here is the problem with this show.

4 episodes of 12 already and we didnt see any real swimming or competitions.
also the Yaoi vibe is growing exponentially to the number of episodes.

i really hope my time is not wasted here.

3/5 for now
TachiiJul 27, 2013 12:56 PM
Jul 24, 2013 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
Rei's my favourite in this show now. Too sassy and unexpected. Before episode 1 came out, I always expected this secluded, smartass megane instead of a hilarious, flashy, and fancy guy.

My favourite episode yet out of the released so far.

Marow said:
I really like the comedy. I didn't expect Free to be this funny.

this
Jul 24, 2013 2:31 PM
Mar 2012
LOL @Haru's swimsuit fetish

And Kou is such a sweet little sister. Awww.
Jul 24, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
lol, the manservice, but yeah pretty used to it now considering who it's aimed at. Glad I didn't drop, was fun to watch, glad glasses can swim now.

Jul 24, 2013 2:41 PM

May 2013
Why do the episodes keep getting better and better?
Seriously, this week was just, I couldn't stop laughing.

Rei is such a dork it isn't even funny.
I wish I saw more of Makoto trying on swimsuits though. He looked kind of cute in that black one though.
I'm happy with more Rin. His teeth weren't so sharp when he was confronting Haruka, I kinda wish they were always like that.

Anyway, hoping there's no fan service with the girls ever. I'd love for fanboys to be upset over that.
But it'll probably happen, meh.

I loved this episode though and I'm excited for more!
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Jul 24, 2013 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
Hilarious moments where Rei tries to swim and sinking down, but at least he improved in the end.

The shopping scene was also funny when they tried out knew swimsuits

IDK why I'm still watching this even though I'm a guy...

Oh well, onward to the next episode

Jul 24, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
I LOVE THIS ANIME SO EFFIN' MUCH!!!

Jul 24, 2013 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
Haha, my favorite part was the "I'm not a rock, I'm a submarine!" part xD
Wow, I really want them soundtracks ^^

My feelings on this series have changed a lot every episode, which is unusual. One episode I like, another I didn't, then I enjoy it more. Maybe it was just a matter of getting used to it, so I think in the end, I will enjoy it ^^

Signature scene of the episode-

Jul 24, 2013 3:14 PM
May 2013
Kawos said:

Anyway, hoping there's no fan service with the girls ever. I'd love for fanboys to be upset over that.

YES, LETS PUNISH ALL MEN FOR YEARS OF THEIR SHAMELESS FANSERVICE MUAHAHAHA!!! But seriously, why u wouldn`t like to see girls in swimsuits? I m a girl and I don`t mind it (or even approves), since their boobs would be less flashy and bouncy and showed less than boys muscles ;).
Jul 24, 2013 3:16 PM

Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
Leapling said:
It's basically K-on.. Dropping it. There will be no real swimming. One competition won't change anything at all.

Leapling said:

atleast those guys look like real guys of their age and not fags with long hair and no muscles at all.

3/5 for now

Well you've got to let them set up their team first. They can't just do that off screen. It's not like K-On at all because in K-On, none of them did anything related to music. But here they're at least centered around swimming. They were teaching Rei how to swim, which is absolutely necessary for them to win anything. With that out of the way they might actually show us some real stuff.

With that said, I didn't enjoy the previous episode very much, but this one I enjoyed a little bit more. The butterfly swimsuit was the best. I'm glad Rei changed out of those other swimming trunks (?? were they even trunks? Not familiar with swimsuits for men, sorry) because they made me feel a little bit awkward, and not in a good way.
Jul 24, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
I LOVE THIS SHOWWWWW! I LOVE THIS SHOWWWWW <3

I dont even know what to comment or say except my LOVE for this show ; u ;
Jul 24, 2013 3:19 PM

Mar 2009
i havent watched this epi yet but from the screen shots it looks like a fanservise for gays more than females. those clothes..

btw makoto with glasses are soooo cute n hot<3
Jul 24, 2013 3:23 PM

Jul 2010
Sourire said:
UnbornMVs said:
Dat yaoi aura was so strong this episode
my feeling exactly.. probably the worst episode yet.

Indeed.Some scenes were almost unwatchable.I enjoyed Rei sinking and Kou though...so yeah, i pretty much have mixed feelings ._.
Jul 24, 2013 3:24 PM

May 2013
Colascka said:
Kawos said:

YES, LETS PUNISH ALL MEN FOR YEARS OF THEIR SHAMELESS FANSERVICE MUAHAHAHA!!! But seriously, why u wouldn`t like to see girls in swimsuits? I m a girl and I don`t mind it (or even approves), since their boobs would be less flashy and bouncy and showed less than boys muscles ;).

I don't care really, it will probably happen in the next episode anyway since it's a beach episode apparently.
I'd just rather there be no fan service for heterosexual men in this show.
I'm enjoying all the exclusive pandering to my tastes.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Jul 24, 2013 3:33 PM
May 2013
Kawos said:
Colascka said:
Kawos said:

I don't care really, it will probably happen in the next episode anyway since it's a beach episode apparently.
I'd just rather there be no fan service for heterosexual men in this show.
I'm enjoying all the exclusive pandering to my tastes.

Lol no fanservice for heterosexual man- thats sounds funny :'D.
Well I guess Kyoani would like to revared some of heterosexual men who still watchin this show and enjoy it :D.
Jul 24, 2013 3:35 PM

Mar 2011
"You're going to swim for me."
o__O
Wow, so possessive.
U trollin us KyoAni?
Jul 24, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2013
I can't stop laughing at Rei for failing soo many times lol.
Jul 24, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
Just so funny watching Rei trying to swim and getting now where
Jul 24, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
So Haru use swimsuits as underwear? It's... weird.
Jul 24, 2013 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao funny episode indeed, Rei is still the best tho.

Rin is putting in work, getting ready for that competition, respect that.
Jul 24, 2013 4:04 PM

Apr 2012
Jesus this episode was so sexy.
I loved all of Rei's attempts to try to swim.
And that swimming suit change? AHHHH PERF.
Rin has really asserted how he feels towards Haruka, which is really good. It helped him realize some things now.
And rei is a butterfly swimmer! Yay<3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2009
Muscle detalization fell =c

But I love this anime :3
Jul 24, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2009
Kerozinn said:
Leapling said:

Leapling said:

3/5 for now

There is no problem with this show. The only problem is your attitude. The attitude which prompts you to call guys you don't like homophobic names like 'fag'. And the same attitude which apparently inspires willful blindness. At least half this episode was directly about swimming. The majority of a real swimmer's time is spent training not competing in events.
TachiiJul 27, 2013 12:59 PM
Jul 24, 2013 4:31 PM
Jul 2013
Edefrem said:
Kerozinn said:

3/5 for now
A part of me wishes you'd drop this, just so I wouldn't see your comments in the discussion anymore. :P

He didn't say anything really rude.. And it's true most animes with "Bl-ish" undertones are filled with skinny boys that LOOK feminine. In this they actually did muscled characters that actually look good. So that's what he was saying..

I did find 1 or 2 of the stretch scenes a bit off-putting, and the Rin and Haruka scene too.. But at least they didn't do anything TOO BL, so i'm fine with that. (Since this is a female-aimed anime too, that's very understandable)

Also, to the people expecting there will be more than 1 tournament... it's VERY obvious that they'll be (at most) 1 swimming tournament in this anime, ESPECIALLY since it's 12 episodes. If you were expecting more tournaments, then you clearly had no experience with sports animes. Normally sports anime usually would have 1 big tournament in 12 episodes, or 2 if it's around 24 episodes. It depends on how long the series goes on.

On the side note:
I'm glad they did some swimming scenes though.. i could relate to Rei.. When i didn't know how to swim and tried to learn, i ended up staying at the same spot and sunk too xD!
TachiiJul 27, 2013 1:01 PM
Jul 24, 2013 4:32 PM
Oct 2010
Gou sure is the conservative version of most of its viewers. nice of KyoAni to throw that in there
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 24, 2013 4:46 PM

Jun 2013
I'm definitely loving the take they did with rei not being able to swim. It was a good amount to spend on it too because they definitely could have drawn this out more than one episode and then it would have gotten old quick. I look foreward to the tornament!!! this anime is so beautifly animated!!
As for the fan service I find it a breath of fresh air a pair of boobs or skirt uplifts arent put on my screen all the time. Guys rarely get shown as fan service like this... although rei's fan service just makes me laugh because i cant take speedos seriously
Jul 24, 2013 5:01 PM
Jun 2013
This ep was ok, thought the previous one was better. lol
Jul 24, 2013 5:06 PM

Aug 2011
Mayanei said:
Edefrem said:
Kerozinn said:

atleast those guys look like real guys of their age and not fags with long hair and no muscles at all.

3/5 for now
A part of me wishes you'd drop this, just so I wouldn't see your comments in the discussion anymore. :P

Also, to the people expecting there will be more than 1 tournament... it's VERY obvious that they'll be (at most) 1 swimming tournament in this anime, ESPECIALLY since it's 12 episodes. If you were expecting more tournaments, then you clearly had no experience with sports animes. Normally sports anime usually would have 1 big tournament in 12 episodes, or 2 if it's around 24 episodes. It depends on how long the series goes on.

I agree. Not only that, one tournament will have several races in it. My assumption is that they'll start the tournament halfway through the anime.
Jul 24, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
This week's episode was okay, wasn't expecting Rei to be such a humorous character though, that part I enjoyed.

Although, it was getting tiring seeing Rei sinking into the water everytime. Also, I'm not surprised by the fact that he was able to swim the butterfly stroke because of Haru, kinda was expecting that :/

But since Rei can swim now, I hope that this show really picks up, I want to see more story, and less fan-service, just my opinion though
Jul 24, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2010
That's a crap load of fanservice for girls! Well, I don't really mind if those fanservice results to Kou's adorable reactions! She was just tooooooo cute in that picking-a-swimsuit scene.

Lol @Rei. His scenes were hilarious.

The only thing that bothered me was Rin's "No, You're going to swim for me" lololololololololololol.

Need moar Kou!

P.S
Damn the K-ON hate is strong in this thread.
-MgZ_Jul 24, 2013 5:28 PM
Jul 24, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2011
Lol, apparently Haruka is vain about his swimming shorts. And Makota with that cat is adorbs.

That looks like me trying to swim. I feel you, Rei. Theory doesn't mean much when you have no experience.

Rei thinking Iwatobi-chan was beautiful only in Haruka's art, pfft!

''The water doesn't like him."

Poor Rei-chan. I think he's just thinking too hard. He needs to rely on practice and instinct.

Haha Rei was more worried about Nagisa hurting his eyes than stumbling around half blind.

OMFG THE CHANGING SCENE. Makoto and Nagisa have pretty good taste, but poor Rei...and Haruka's all only have slight differences. xDD Gou is just enjoying the show~

Mikoshiba is a cutie though.

I don't get where Rin thinks they're different. If they both love swimming, why does one have to rise above the other? :/

I loved the Haruka and Rei interaction and am SO HAPPY that Rei was swimming and with the butterflystroke! Kyaaa.

omg that end card so freaking CUTE
眠れないのは君のせい
Jul 24, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
YES!! ACTUAL SWIMMING!!

Rei is so adorable. Props to him for not giving up. I don't understand why the coach didn't want to help them...he could have at least given them some advice.
And the swimsuit scene was hilarious. I still don't know why they had the butterfly one.

Though I don't like how they made it so that Rei could swim butterfly just because he didn't try that stroke before. And does that mean that he can only swim fly?
Jul 24, 2013 5:56 PM

Apr 2013

This show's just getting better and better. It doesn't take itself seriously. This is freaking dope.
Jul 24, 2013 6:00 PM
Jan 2012
I'm glad this show has turned out so well. It's funny, well animated, has a decent story, great characters and lots of attention to detail (particularly obvious this episode with the training regime and swimming terminology). As a swimmer, this makes me appreciate it a lot more. The story has a few holes, like Rei suddenly being able to swim butterfly, but even most of them can be at least covered over a little.

If this does well, does anyone think there will be a sequel?
Jul 24, 2013 6:04 PM

Apr 2013
Tams80 said:
he story has a few holes, like Rei suddenly being able to swim butterfly,

Actually, it was hinted when he wore a butterfly swimsuit. Also he said it was the only thing he didn't try O:
Jul 24, 2013 6:08 PM

Dec 2007
LOL Rei is such a dork I can't stop laughing! XD
Jul 24, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2010
The homo between Rin and Haru is strong

Funny ep
Jul 24, 2013 6:10 PM

Mar 2011
Chouninatte said:

''The water doesn't like him."

- Haru-chan-san, the Water Whisperer

NevermindSonia said:
SO VERY VERY STRONG
Jul 24, 2013 6:17 PM

Apr 2013
Edefrem said:

NevermindSonia said:
SO VERY VERY STRONG

Hope it'll get even stronger.
Jul 24, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2010
Come on Gou.. be topless too.. like the rest!

Oh well.. there was my weekly 24min gayness.
Jul 24, 2013 6:33 PM
Jan 2012
Chokko said:
Tams80 said:
he story has a few holes, like Rei suddenly being able to swim butterfly,

Actually, it was hinted when he wore a butterfly swimsuit. Also he said it was the only thing he didn't try O:

It was hinted at more than that. No, the suddenness, was that it took him less than a week to become good at it. That's the plot hole, but it is covered up a bit by the possibility that he had a natural talent for butterfly and just required the inspiration (the butterfly landing on Haru's chest).
Jul 24, 2013 6:44 PM

Dec 2011
Ahaha. I think this is the first time I have seen in an anime where the guys are picking the swimsuit this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
I want to be in Kou's place. :))
Jul 24, 2013 7:12 PM
Jul 2012
Gou is so HAWT! With Gou as there manager, I find it HARD to believe they don't get turned on at all.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Jul 24, 2013 7:19 PM
Jun 2013
Sorry, but I just couldn't sit through this episode, the yaoi vibes really killed it for me.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

408 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

170 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2013

102 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.