3It was OK
7.5%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.5
333 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one was actually better than the first episode.

and Scar-chan..
she is interesting!!

this getting better than what I expected it to be.
Passionate-kunJul 13, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 13, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Hambart is a meanie!

I didn't anticipate him being the end receiver a bullet though. I like what I see though with the guns drawn in a duel. Nice. Being a Gravekeeper is tough....
Jul 13, 2013 9:57 AM
Dec 2012
She was lucky. Juri was something. I just dont understand she still follows him who tried to kill her. He said an interesting thing at the end. Now I understand his motive, which is reasonable.

Wish the female lead was the other girl.
Jul 13, 2013 2:31 PM

Jun 2011
I think this anime kind of needs to make the visual appearance of undead corpse vs alive people more clear. Most people in the village actually do not look very dead, except that old guy.
It is a bit hard to understand why Ai would praise Hambart and Scar's beauty. It is because that Ai is some use to seeing dead people, when she see people that are alive for the first time, she thinks that they are beautiful.
ShihJul 13, 2013 11:58 PM
Jul 13, 2013 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
more interesting than i thought.
okay, that moe fanservice part was just not needed
removed-userJul 14, 2013 1:54 AM
Jul 13, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, so many "nicknames" for that lady, who proved that the girl is indeed "Hakamori". Another guy, who lost his wife and daughter, appearing, and showing that NamiDai's character cannot be dead.

lol @ the scene when he shouldered her. A child between a human and Hakamori? The talk about God abondoning during Sunday, and why there are undeads and "Hakamori" existance, and he kills those "breaking up".
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 14, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2012
What the hell is wrong with that guy?! Sent Ai flying again with a slap?! Trying to be a tsundere guy is it?! D: Poor Ai, she shouldn't have anything to do with violence.. at least not just yet.. T.T preview of next ep seems exciting? and omg really love the OP by Kitamura Eri, instantly know it's her when the lyrics start :D
Jul 14, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2013
Hilariously bad
Jul 14, 2013 7:57 AM

Feb 2013
was a nice episode
Jul 14, 2013 8:03 AM

Dec 2012
I thought this was going to end up like Ebiten.. guess there is a 2nd episode after all.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 14, 2013 8:20 AM

Jun 2012
Hampnie Hambart is a huge dick lol

First he's wrong about Ai not being a grave keeper then proceeds to almost kill her because he deems her too innocent for the world they live in
HybridMBLJul 14, 2013 8:24 AM
Jul 14, 2013 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
i dunno, but i got a feeling that this anime will be a sad ending-anime... haha well just a guess thou.
but really i love how the story and plot goes on.. and dat punch for a loli, unforgivable... but i guess he will take care of her huh? in the end he's not so bad.

4.5/5
Jul 14, 2013 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
So because he's an albino he thinks he can just go around beating up lolis?
Jul 14, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
This anime just keeps getting interesting.
Jul 14, 2013 10:09 AM
Apr 2013
I enjoy this anime. I do agree with the fact that she is following him is weird but overall I do enjoy this show. I'd like for her to hate him more or have some kind of explanation outside of she is curious i suppose.
Jul 14, 2013 10:26 AM
Feb 2012
interesting shows like these always catches my attention.
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Jul 14, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2013
This anime is really good.
Jul 14, 2013 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
Holy fuck, this keeps getting better and better. Lots of mysteries and twists.
Jul 14, 2013 11:04 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ai: Does it hurt?
Hambart: Of course it does, my left lung got pierced!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh even though it looked painful. This was better than the first episode since Hambart was not a douche for the whole episode. I find it weird that she would follow him around but I guess there was really no other choice for her. And interesting how he seemed to have a change of heart all of the sudden letting her tag along and giving her a piggyback ride. I wonder what secret her village held? Were they all "dead" too but she didn't know it?
Jul 14, 2013 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
I'm loving this !
The violence part against Ai was meh but hey you can't blame the guy trying to be a tsundere XD
Anyway, that Juri guy seems like he doesn't have a will to live so he just wants a reason for his death which is 'revenge'
The end, talking about GOD trying to fulfilling humans wishes by 'not dying' and sends them 'gravekeepers' if they no longer have a suitable body to live
Ai is 12old so she wouldn't of been born, which means she's a gravekeepr, but wait : she's a child of Gravekeeper x Human
Why he killed those people in the village? Ai would figure it out eventually and THE SECRET BEHIND IT?
WELL THIS ANIME SURE GOT ME LOOKING FORWARD FOR IT EVERY WEEK!
One of my fav this season *q*
Jul 14, 2013 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
The "half dead disease" is an interesting element...

I'm looking forward to next week!
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Jul 14, 2013 11:42 AM

May 2012
Interesting ep. Humbert reminds me of Dante from Devil May Cry for some reason lol. Lets see where the series goes .

7/10
Jul 14, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
I like this more then last week, they threw in a lot of mysteries to think on.

Jul 14, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2013
this episode was alot better than the first one my ratings for it got a little higher
Jul 14, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
Good anime so far, really interesting, I want to learn more about their world like how are the rest of the living civilization doing, soundtrack is good as usual. I think I'll put this manga on my backlog.
Jul 14, 2013 12:27 PM

Feb 2013
Hamart is really extreme haha but I understood what he meant he rather see her die pure than die corrupted but it ended well, pretty good episode.
Jul 14, 2013 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
the opening visuals were really beautiful and the song was super catchy. Ai is so cute! and i wana find out more about Scar.
Jul 14, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2011
I like this anime guys, I like it a lot.
Jul 14, 2013 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
I really liked this episode a lot!!! Definitely peaked my interest.

Poor Ai at the beginning...she really must be confused. But damn she's adorable and a pretty tough girl.

And it seems she's really unique since she's a Gravekeeper's daughter and was able to be born. Still wondering who her father is? If Hampert really isn't him.

Lol'd when she asked Hampert..."Doesn't that hurt?" when he was shot" XDXDXD And his reaction hahaha. Also Dat piggy back made me smile. Loving those 2's interactions a lot :D The part in front of the fire was nice. Again Ai is so cute >_<

Really wondering what the mystery of the village is?
Jul 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
Loved it.

tingy said:

I don't know why, but this made me laugh even though it looked painful.
Laughed so hard at this.
Jul 14, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
I found some of the story elements this episode kind of weak, and Humbert's dialogue in the first half of the episode felt especially thin, like it was trying to achieve some sort of profundity but only came out with empty words and ideas with little depth or meaning. I don't know if it's just me, but I just felt it lacked a lot of depth.

Despite that, I'm still interested in the set-up and the concepts, so I want to follow it to see where it goes. I also enjoyed the character dynamics between Ai and Humbert in the latter half of this episode. However, my inclination to watching this series dropped a little after this episode. Personally, I found it weaker than the first episode, despite the pacing being less breakneck this time.
Jul 14, 2013 3:19 PM

Sep 2012
Answers, I need answers!

This second episode was much better than the first one.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jul 14, 2013 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
Wow Julie is a crazy man.

Next time aim for the head bro.
Jul 14, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
Mhm, I am missing some of my favourite scenes that happened in the manga, where Humbert would regulary stab himself to instant heal himself from any kind exhaustion, much to Ai's annoyance.

FrontalbriseJul 14, 2013 3:35 PM
Jul 14, 2013 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
I'm looking forward to watching this anime the most! It's so enjoyable to watch!
Jul 14, 2013 3:56 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, this is getting good. Still don't understand a lot of things, but I'm sure we'll learn eventually. The animation and art are stunning!
Jul 14, 2013 3:59 PM

Feb 2013
Well, that was definitely better than the first episode.

It looks like we're getting some answers here and that after the god of this world supposedly left, 15 years ago, people stopped giving birth or dying. Those who would have died normally, became pretty much zombies. H.H. is pretty much an immortal zombie hunter and I actually liked him better this episode than the last. We actually begin to see some reason to his rhyme and you really can't hate a guy that is willing to pimp-slap and shoot a loli pointblank in the face.

We get to see some new characters as well, and we see a real Gravedigger in Scar who acts more like emotionless machine than a human. and we also meet HH's best friend, Julie. We learn that while Ai IS a real Gravedigger, she's really more of half-breed, stuck between both worlds since she was somehow born to a non-human defective Gravedigger and a human.

I am a little more interested in where this is all going to go. HH is now my favorite character, despite his BS "albinism" (He's an albino? Really? Oh well, more pseudo-science...). Ai is a little annoying, but as long as HH keeps knocking some sense into her, I think this is going to be okay.

I give this episode a 7.8/10.
IreneshardaJul 14, 2013 4:05 PM
Jul 14, 2013 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
tingy said:

I don't know why, but this made me laugh even though it looked painful. This was better than the first episode since Hambart was not a douche for the whole episode. I find it weird that she would follow him around but I guess there was really no other choice for her. And interesting how he seemed to have a change of heart all of the sudden letting her tag along and giving her a piggyback ride. I wonder what secret her village held? Were they all "dead" too but she didn't know it?

I too wonder if all the people in the village were all already dead to begin with as well.

Also, for a guy who had a collapsed lung, he could definitely speak pretty well...
Jul 14, 2013 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
Loving this anime!!!
Jul 14, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this episode.
This is my kind of anime.
I find the setting intriguing, the art is beautiful, and I like the characters.
Jul 14, 2013 7:27 PM
Oct 2012
Some of you may have noticed that I hated Suisei no Gargantia. This show helps to illustrate why.

If the first episode we had some questions about how this world worked, they answered those questions in the second episode, but revealing more mysteries along the way, instead of saying "aw screw what we just did, we will just say that something different happened".

You can tell that the writer put some thought into this work, and the director put thought into making sure that the animation explains most of the questions the viewer will have. This doesn't mean that this show is perfect, there are some minor problems, but overall the second episode built very nicely off of the first. Characters are moving along nicely as well.

God getting bored and giving people what they want. Nice concept. The desire to live forever is extremely selfish, so that the living dead become increasing desperate to remain alive is a perfectly natural conclusion to make. You have to hand it to a show that doesn't shy away from stating big themes.

So if I was the type to keep a running score, this went from a 6 to an 8 this episode. I am very curious how the next episode will develop.
Jul 14, 2013 7:30 PM

Aug 2012
This is really interesting, and the episode always ends leaving you wanting more
Jul 14, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
I really liked this episode. Catchy OP as well. I'll give the author his due credit: he does a good job of answering previously asked questions and replacing them with new ones.
This is a surprisingly interesting anime so far, and I'm looking forward for more.
Jul 14, 2013 7:59 PM

Jun 2012
How can she still be worried for a guy who was just about to kill her? Oh well, it was a good episode nonetheless, and it is a promising series. I especially like the setting. Looking forward to next one.
Jul 14, 2013 8:03 PM
Oct 2012
Tinkyourdead said:
How can she still be worried for a guy who was just about to kill her? Oh well, it was a good episode nonetheless, and it is a promising series. I especially like the setting. Looking forward to next one.

Well, everything that she knew and loved she just discovered was already dead, so the "guy" is all she has to latch on to. Have your world view destroyed and you clutch at straws, that is all that is happening here. Also don't forget that the second human she met was also all too willing to kill her as well. Better the psychopathic killer you know than the psychopathic killer you don't. :-)

There is also the fact that she has learned more about her world from him than she learned in the first 12 years of her life. He provides answers to questions she has, that is also an attracting quality.
Jul 14, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
What is it with albinos and lolis? Anyway, the setting just got even more interesting. Half-Dead Virus is the most badass things I've ever heard of.
Jul 14, 2013 9:17 PM

Feb 2013
My guess to why he killed everyone in the village:
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 14, 2013 9:21 PM
Oct 2010
LOL at Julie threatening to kill the girl Hambart was about to kill himself. I guess he is not too bright. XD

Irenesharda said:
tingy said:

I too wonder if all the people in the village were all already dead to begin with as well.

Probably. One of the farmers definitely look dead already, and Anna reeked according to Ai... a perfume that only adults like? ok, barely credible, but I don't think that was the case there.

Also, like someone else mentioned, that thing about the newcomers being handsome/beautiful could be a hint too (maybe they just look healthy).
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 14, 2013 9:45 PM

Feb 2013
That was interesting with the piggy back ^.^
Jul 14, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
Actually enjoyed this episode. Was actually having trouble deciding whether Hampnie was the antagonist or protagonist when Yuri showed up... til he pulled the gun on Ai.

Anyways, OP still bothers me and still really like that ending song.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.