Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 12:13 PM
Feb 2013
Sad to see this anime finish, including Chamber. The way he sacrificed himself was just EPIC! "Go to hell, Tincan!!" I just laughed at how awesome that was! XD

And I wanted to see a bigger Ledo x Amy ending, not just them talking to each other. I wanted a more romantic kind of ending. X(
Jun 30, 2013 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL finale.

I love the serene conclusion and the way the epilogue was handled. I love the self-aware AIs thing, I love Chamber's last words - he did indeed develop, he was indeed a character and we never noticed that.

Ledo shone too. As did Pinion. As did Amy as did EVERY SINGLE character that was important. Gods I love this conclusion.

The beings that are alliance and hideauze can continue their mindless war as both sides are essentially no longer human. And humanity will rebuild where it began - on earth. Hopefully learning from past mistakes and not repeating then.

The show started as generic mecha show, but every episode got better as the show abandoned the mecha tropes and focused on characters instead - just like in Urobutcher's Madoka - the genre is a background element, while characters are the foreground.

This without a doubt was the best mecha show this year and possibly the most enjoyable and exciting mecha show since gundam 00.

5/5 for episode

10/10 for the show itself.

I would certainly LOVE seeing more of this.
Jun 30, 2013 12:17 PM

May 2013
Go to hell, tin can!! lol

I enjoyed this anime a lot.
Jun 30, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2007

This will go down as the BEST quote of this anime year.

also I just love how the symbol of the war between two sides of humanity is now a nesting place. if there was a better metaphor for the road towards the peace between those two races its this:

Also this just confirmed that Hideauze are not inherently aggressive - Ledo did not do anything hostile and they did not touch him IN THEIR OWN NEST.
AhenshihaelJun 30, 2013 12:24 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
Wow. They actually had a decent finale. The anime as a whole isn't as good as I thought, but this episode is actually pretty good for the state it was in before this episode.

Urobuchi doing work again.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 30, 2013 12:26 PM
Aug 2011
I know this seems low to most but I gave it a 7/10. Honestly this show feels so misleading when you watch the first two episodes. It quickly turns very slice of life, though it takes off again kind of at the end.

It was a good series, just didn't go into this one expecting what I got. It was enjoyable though.
Jun 30, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
Wordsmith said:
Dipole-Dipole said:
we can see chamber at the end of the episode, so it can be recovered?

is there going to be a second season?

Would you mind putting that picture in spoiler tags. Please? Pretty Please?
Why??? That image is at the end of this episode? No need to spoil things in this episode...

Decent happy ending. Was fun. Not satisfying enough for me to buy it but an enjoyable watch this season.
Jun 30, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2011
RIP In peace Chambers.

8/10, could have easily been a 10/10 if it were longer.
ValaskjalfJun 30, 2013 12:34 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
Dr_Smurph said:
I know this seems low to most but I gave it a 7/10. Honestly this show feels so misleading when you watch the first two episodes. It quickly turns very slice of life, though it takes off again kind of at the end.

It was a good series, just didn't go into this one expecting what I got. It was enjoyable though.

Maybe you should have paid attention to , oh I don' tknow EVERYTHING TELLING YOU THIS IS SLICE OF LIFE?

- Urobutcher directed. You know, the guy who did magical girl show and made it to be NOT about magical girls, but about characters themselves. If you take away the action moments, Madoka is pretty much slice-of-life too.
- THE TITLE. Does this scream as war pew pew stuff? Gargantia of Green-ish planet?
- The setting.
- The calm and nice opening.
- About a dozen of quotes form both the director and the writer that this is the show about social communication and social interaction.
- The fact that they left the pew-pew space within first 5 minutes of the show and landed in the world where any pew pews are impossible due to tech-gap?
Jun 30, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
7/10

Had a marvelous setting, specially with the twist in episode 9, but then the plot was pretty rushed in the last episodes, didn't really pay off completely, had a few boring clichés. I think this should've been 2-cour.

Character development was great. The slice-of-life part that started it was dragged, could've left more episodes for the plot, but had results by episode 9 and had a great introspection of Ledo in this last episode. Chamber was a fantastic and fun AI character that even learnt with his pilot and all they went through, culminating in his decision in the end.

Artwork was truly unique and bright.

In the end, Urobuchi's weakest work along with Phantom (the anime, maybe the VN is better).
Jun 30, 2013 12:34 PM

Jul 2007
Litrydow said:
7/10

Had a marvelous setting, specially with the twist in episode 9, but then the plot was pretty rushed in the last episodes, didn't really pay off completely, had a few boring clichés. I think this should've been 2-cour.

Character development was great. The slice-of-life part that started it was dragged, could've left more episodes for the plot, but had results by episode 9 and had a great introspection of Ledo in this last episode. Chamber was a fantastic and fun AI character that even learnt with his pilot and all they went through, culminating in his decision in the end.

Artwork was truly unique and bright.

In the end, Urobuchi's weakest work along with Phantom (the anime, maybe the VN is better).

character development WAS the plot of this show.
Jun 30, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
Loved the episode and the anime. It's the first/only show from this season (that I have watched) which gave me a somewhat satisfying end. My only wish now would be to see more of them (like their life with chamber gone and everything that's happened). But I can deal with that since it's better than having tons of unanswered questions - which might be left unanswered.

RIP chamber. your last words will be remembered for all of summer
Jun 30, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
This is one of those shining examples of "don't go in expecting anything and you can't be let down." I made the mistake of expecting from the show, and in the end was disappointed. The first two episodes were definitely deceiving, they set the tone for something that the rest of the show couldn't live up to.

That being said, it wasn't a bad show by any means, it just wasn't that good. For a kid's show, it has some merit.
Jun 30, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2010
hpulley said:
Wordsmith said:
Dipole-Dipole said:
we can see chamber at the end of the episode, so it can be recovered?

is there going to be a second season?

Would you mind putting that picture in spoiler tags. Please? Pretty Please?
Why??? That image is at the end of this episode? No need to spoil things in this episode...

Decent happy ending. Was fun. Not satisfying enough for me to buy it but an enjoyable watch this season.

It's not a spoiler, but it's friggin HUGE.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 30, 2013 12:43 PM
Dec 2010
Are the last few seconds of the episode with chamber and the Hideauze hinting a 2nd season?
blaze it
Jun 30, 2013 12:44 PM

May 2012
Salute to Chamber!
Jun 30, 2013 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
itd be nice if we go ta second season....
Jun 30, 2013 12:47 PM
Oct 2010
Good show, 7/10, didn't like those two fanservice episodes, and I was right about the commander. I was expecting a longer reunion scene with Amy and Ledo, and I was also expecting some dialogue between flange and ridget/council as well as Bellows and Pinion.
Jun 30, 2013 12:51 PM

Mar 2013
Strawhat_Pirate said:

And seriously? Heaven's Ladder? Where the hell did that come from? What a terrible Deus Ex Machina.

Maybe from here:
AoiMizu said:
Heaven Ladder. I took this from ep4

And do you remember that episode when the captain died and gave a key to Ridget? Well, that's called Chekhov's gun. Everything was planned and clearly hinted. That's not a Deus ex Machina at all. It was just you not paying enough attention.

The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Jun 30, 2013 12:53 PM

Mar 2013
10/10!

I hope one second season!

Did the Hideauze will restore the Chamber?

DanCoydowoxJun 30, 2013 12:56 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
I'm kind of confused as to why people are categorizing this as a kids show. I don't think the slice-of-life part of this anime could hold the attention of kids for long. I think character development was one of the strong points. There was nothing shallow at all about Suisei no Gargantia.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I wish it were longer, and yes, some parts could have been developed better. It would really make me happy to see some sort of sequel.

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Jun 30, 2013 12:58 PM

Jul 2007
-Akie said:
I'm kind of confused as to why people are categorizing this as a kids show. I don't think the slice-of-life part of this anime could hold the attention of kids for long. I think character development was one of the strong points. There was nothing shallow at all about Suisei no Gargantia.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I wish it were longer, and yes, some parts could have been developed better. It would really make me happy to see some sort of sequel.

That's exactly why those people do that.

Not enough pew pews to hold their attention and anything that goes beyond pew pew was lost on them as "filler".
Jun 30, 2013 1:03 PM
Feb 2010
9/10

"Response to final warning: Go to Hell, Tin Can!" -K6821 Chamber

Chamber has to be the most human friendly anime A.I. I have seen in a long time. A whole series and Chamber never judged humans as only capable of destroying eachother and he never possessed his pilot to r@p$ a classmate.
Jun 30, 2013 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
-Akie said:

Not enough pew pews to hold their attention and anything that goes beyond pew pew was lost on them as "filler".

You, my friend, are so condescending it makes my head hurt. Get off your high horse. When many people have the same complaints about the show, there is probably something to it.
Jun 30, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2011
<3
Oct 2010
DejitaruDan said:
10/10!

I hope one second season!

Did the Hideauze will restore the Chamber?

No, Chamber killed her in ep 10 or whenever.

Jul 2007
ex_necross said:
Fai said:
-Akie said:

You, my friend, are so condescending it makes my head hurt. Get off your high horse. When many people have the same complaints about the show, there is probably something to it.

Majority opinion is just that. majority opinion. Its imposible to argument against its stupidity simply with "its majority opinion" at the same time nine times out of ten, the so called "majority opinion" turns out to be the vocal minority.
Jun 30, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
Enjoyable series with a satisfactory ending. All I can say for this episode is "Go to Hell, Tin Can."

7/10
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 30, 2013 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
ex_necross said:
Fai said:
-Akie said:

Majority opinion is just that. majority opinion. Its imposible to argument against its stupidity simply with "its majority opinion" at the same time nine times out of ten, the so called "majority opinion" turns out to be the vocal minority.

There is nothing stupid about any of the points put forth so far in this thread. You have just been hostile to any criticism.
Jun 30, 2013 1:19 PM
Sep 2009
well, this series turned out a letdown after promising first two episodes
Jun 30, 2013 1:30 PM
Oct 2008
It was a fun series still some room left for more if theres any more Gargantia I will definitely watch it

8/10
Jun 30, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
CHAMBEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T RIP
MOST BA AI EVER!!!
Jun 30, 2013 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
Great finale! Very satisfying. Brought a big smile to my face :) 10/10

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2010
ex_necross said:
Very disappointing. For some reason I figured this series would turn out more mature, but as a kid's show I guess it is OK. Mostly my fault for expecting more out of it. Parts of it seemed like it could be developing a serious plot, but I looked too much into those details. In the end it is another kid's show.

It would have been better if Ledo had said yes and died fighting to save the fleet.

Overall 6/10.

If it had stayed with the flow of the first two episodes, then it could have easily been an 8 or 9.

I agree 100% with you. I was expecting more and a strong resolution to the Hideauze vs humans war.
Sep 2012
Go to hell, Tin Can!

Chamber! Really ended up liking his character. Good series. Strong start, it slowed in the middle, but picked up and ended on a sweet note. 7/10.

Jun 2008
Holy shit, what an amazing finale. Was expecting to give this 7/10, but that bumps it to 8/10.

Chamber is the best character in this show.
Jun 30, 2013 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
Nooo Chamber the coolest robot ever. Great show 8/10
Jun 30, 2013 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
I feel like I was thinking too much to fully enjoy this episode. I probably should have watched it with my brain turned off to stop picking at the details and just sit back and stare at the screen, because man, some of those shots were pretty to look at. The more they talked about logic, the more illogical I found their logic, and my brain clung to that all episode long.

I found the sudden personification of Chamber (as well as the interface systems in general) kind of hard to accept. And I felt like there were way too many things that suddenly popped up out of the blue in the final episode, everything from the nervous system fusing to the super-weapon on Gargantia that seemed too miraculous. Then when the whalesquid popped up at the end... oh yeah, almost forgot about those. They totally disappeared from the story in the final concept with a robot dictator plot in lieu of it. My main complains about this show are how underdeveloped some of the concepts are and how one-sided and overly-simplified some of the conflicts are.

I did enjoy the series overall in hindsight, but I can't see myself giving this more than a 6 and being able to justify it in my mind. For me, there were some really high points and some really low points. It had a great atmosphere in the beginning, started slowing to a bore in the fanservice episodes, recovered with an interesting setup after a tone shift, and then started going downhill from there.
nauticalblueJun 30, 2013 1:43 PM
Jun 30, 2013 1:40 PM
Jun 2009
ill miss u chamber too cool for an A.I
Jun 30, 2013 1:41 PM
Feb 2012
Daaaaammn it, RIP mecha with Gintoki's voice :(
Jun 30, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2012
kratos_aurion said:
ex_necross said:
Very disappointing. For some reason I figured this series would turn out more mature, but as a kid's show I guess it is OK. Mostly my fault for expecting more out of it. Parts of it seemed like it could be developing a serious plot, but I looked too much into those details. In the end it is another kid's show.

It would have been better if Ledo had said yes and died fighting to save the fleet.

Overall 6/10.

If it had stayed with the flow of the first two episodes, then it could have easily been an 8 or 9.

I agree 100% with you. I was expecting more and a strong resolution to the Hideauze vs humans war.

Sometimes I think it is better to look for the VA of a series, if you want to find out, if it was worth watching or not, than watching the first few episodes of the series.
ChepriJun 30, 2013 1:52 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jun 30, 2013 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
Surprisingly upbeat ending, It was nice to see that the most important thing for Ledo was Amy.
Jun 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Sep 2012
As soon as I saw Chamber said "response" I immediately thought "go to hell"
I'm psychic.
Jun 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
Wow Chamber was the most human character of them all in the end. lol not fit to be a soldier in the end..what a magnificant bastard..

Still the way it ended leaves a S2 or OVA's possible

I give it a 8 out of 10 it lacked a few things but best mecha show I've seen in a long long time.
Jun 30, 2013 1:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Like a boss Chamber, like a boss.

I was a tad underwhelmed by this series. The visuals and colour palette were amazing and I expected Urobuchi's involvement to make this a thrilling scifi story. Alas, the story failed to be all it could have been and instead was very conventional and formulaic. And the characters were simply not well developed, so much so that the best character was actually the mecha.

I'll still watch the OVA though, if anything to see Bellows one more time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 30, 2013 1:58 PM
Jun 2013
Farewell Chamber, you will be missed old friend.
Jun 30, 2013 2:01 PM
Apr 2013
Chamber was a Boss through and through. Truly a great "Support System" (friend). I thought it was a great story, and a wonderful visual experience. I would definitely not mind a season two at all. An OVA either. It can be filled with more action or romance, I don't care lol. All I know is that the relationship Amy and Ledo might possibly share can be something wonderful to watch.
Jun 30, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2011
Great finale I kinda lost my shit when Chamber said "Your logic does not compute" and "Go to hell tin can!" damn he developed as much as Ledo, or was that already in his programming?

Overall 7.5/10 if it had more episodes like these last two it would have easily got a 9 from me.
VioLinkJun 30, 2013 2:09 PM
[center]
Jun 30, 2013 2:05 PM

Sep 2012
nauticalblue said:
I feel like I was thinking too much to fully enjoy this episode. I probably should have watched it with my brain turned off to stop picking at the details and just sit back and stare at the screen, because man, some of those shots were pretty to look at. The more they talked about logic, the more illogical I found their logic, and my brain clung to that all episode long.

I found the sudden personification of Chamber (as well as the interface systems in general) kind of hard to accept. And I felt like there were way too many things that suddenly popped up out of the blue in the final episode, everything from the nervous system fusing to the super-weapon on Gargantia that seemed too miraculous. Then when the whalesquid popped up at the end... oh yeah, almost forgot about those. They totally disappeared from the story in the final concept with a robot dictator plot in lieu of it. My main complains about this show are how underdeveloped some of the concepts are and how one-sided and overly-simplified some of the conflicts are.

I did enjoy the series overall in hindsight, but I can't see myself giving this more than a 6 and being able to justify it in my mind. For me, there were some really high points and some really low points. It had a great atmosphere in the beginning, started slowing to a bore in the fanservice episodes, recovered with an interesting setup after a tone shift, and then started going downhill from there.

I agree with you on many points, but I think a 7 is justifiable by contradicting 3 of the stuff you pointed out.
1 - The nervous system fusion didn't really resolve anything. It was an asspull, but not a Deus Ex Machina, because it didn't resolve anything.
2 - The super-weapon was a Chekhov's Gun, not a Deus Ex Machina too.
3 - Chamber's personification wasn't sudden. He gradually developed along with Ledo, you can see his talks becoming very interesting after the twist in episode 9, when they discuss the whalesquids and Kugel's new society.
Jun 30, 2013 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
9/10 a moment of silence for our glorious friend Chamber who was a true bro.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.