Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
I am greatly pleased with this show. I love the ending as it wrapped up pretty nicely. Chamber is the best!

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Jun 30, 2013 5:16 PM

Sep 2007
NUOOO CHAAAMMBEEERRR You were AWWEEESSOOOOME ;o;

Somebody go fish him up and FIX HIM! NOW!!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
This episode felt a bit rushed and I wished the plot was done over more episodes, but it was an enjoyable series.
8.5/10

Chamber was an amazing mecha and his sacrifice was not in vain I wonder if he developed emotions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Striker felt attachment to Kugel, though it was probably just based on it's resources of data.
Jun 30, 2013 5:47 PM
May 2013
This show was definitely in my top 3 of this season. RIP Chamber you were awesome and loved his parting words to Ledo and Striker. Wish there would be a second season, it doesnt have to have one since they concluded it very nicely but there is still more plotlines they could expand on.
Jun 30, 2013 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
So sad that Chamber sacrificed himself. Decent final episode and good series over all.
Jun 30, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2007
RIP Chamber. You were best character.
Jun 30, 2013 5:55 PM

Dec 2012
That was one hell of an ending! I love it! Although it was expected, I still couldn't believe my eyes when Chamber sacrificed himself. His last words will cling with us forever, "Go to hell, tin can!"

Definitely a very good ending to a great series.

8/10
Jun 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Sep 2011
looks like the theory that Chamber is gonna "die" is right. My eyes watered a little when he said that epic speech and goes off to take down Striker by himself.
And awww snap Chamber has his own V-Max (SPT Layzner), now i really want Gargantia to make a appearance in Super Robot War. Would love to see Chirico, Lelouche, Heero, Amuro, ect go tell off Striker. Well enough with my mecha fanboy rambling lol.

I give this either a 8 or 9
Brigs77Jun 30, 2013 6:06 PM
Jun 30, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
"Go to hell, tin can!"
Oh Chamber, gonna miss him :(
Lovely ending for this great anime, can't wait for OVA.
Jun 30, 2013 6:05 PM

May 2012
so heartbroken when chamber die.. really love the ending its so intense, and its hinting for season 2..

8.5/10

Jun 30, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2007
I figured Chamber would die and still cried ;____; His epic last words made me smile though <3

Too bad we have to wait a few months for the actual final episode, which will hopefully provide some nicer closure. This was a bit rushed.
Jun 30, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
Chamber died which was to be expected.Thought his last words "Go to hell, tin can!" were funny.Ledo stayed on the Gargantia as a scavengers & with Amy.Can't wait till the ova.7/10
Jun 30, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
Based Chamber ;_;
Jun 30, 2013 6:39 PM

Jul 2011
CHAMBER BEST GIRL ; A ;7
Jun 30, 2013 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
Sugita-san kicks arse as a Robot too! Damn! I am moved!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2013 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
I'm kinda bummed out about Chamber's fate, but at least there's the head-cockpit and terminal on Red/Ledo's waist to hope for his continued daily slice-of-life assistance, right?

Pinion looks better with his hair down without the silly pompadour. Also, I ship him and Rackage; is that how you spell her name? It certainly would be punny considering her...rack.
Jun 30, 2013 6:54 PM
Jan 2010
disappointing series after all, a lot of boring rubbish like burial of that old captain... this had a lot of potential and all was wasted in such a cheesy way... what a let down.. I hope they all die in gargantia
Jun 30, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Now THAT was a fantastic final episode. Who would have thought that I would cry from a mecha robot leaving a human? My goodness, Chamber was so badass till the very end. It got so emotional when Ledo wanted to live and Chamber understood exactly how he felt and relieved Ledo from his duties. The action sequences were amazing this episode. 'Go to hell, metalhead!' - Even Chamber's last words make him so badass. Haha I like the Pinion x Rackage pairing. Ledo still has Chamber's communication piece :) Overall giving Suisei no Gargantia a 9/10. Really enjoyed this anime so much.
Jun 30, 2013 7:00 PM

Mar 2012
What a really optimistic way to end this series. "If you think about where you come from, then you'll know where you're supposed to go". Holds true for the young adults into society thing too, I suppose.

6.5/10 between above average and good for me. :)
tlneJun 30, 2013 7:40 PM
Jun 30, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
Chamber pulled a Chiaotzu! Except he actually suceeded!
Jun 30, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
Maybe you should have paid attention to , oh I don' tknow EVERYTHING TELLING YOU THIS IS SLICE OF LIFE?

- Urobutcher directed. You know, the guy who did magical girl show and made it to be NOT about magical girls, but about characters themselves. If you take away the action moments, Madoka is pretty much slice-of-life too.
- THE TITLE. Does this scream as war pew pew stuff? Gargantia of Green-ish planet?
- The setting.
- The calm and nice opening.
- About a dozen of quotes form both the director and the writer that this is the show about social communication and social interaction.
- The fact that they left the pew-pew space within first 5 minutes of the show and landed in the world where any pew pews are impossible due to tech-gap?

Can you just cool your horses, Fai? There are some people who just didn't enjoy the series as much as you did and they each have their own reasons. Why be so stubborn and insensitive with people who have different views?
Jun 30, 2013 7:12 PM
Jul 2012
CHAMBER! I'm going to miss the guy. And it looks like Ledo and Amy both have flying squirrels now. Also, seems Amy's little brother became a teacher, kinda. So... Chamber commited "suicide" and obtained intelligence. Too bad Chamber died, now its going to take FOREVER to play those videos Ledo retrieved. Chamber is befriending the Hideuaze/Whale-Squids. I can imagine the OVA of Ledo finding and retrieving(with a crew) Chamber, and Strkyr, and notice that they both have the missing parts the other needs, with Ledo and Gargantia deciding if its better to repair Chamber, with the chance of... well, Strkyr being able to control the body as well. Great final words by Chamber.

I give it a 9/10, it is overall in my opinion, a good anime. And worth watching, and I say it might be the top mecha anime this season. Now, for those of you who can hate on this message, "In response, GO TO HELL, TIN CAN!"
Jun 30, 2013 7:15 PM
Jul 2012
AoiMizu said:
Heaven Ladder. I took this from ep4

Just a big cannon! I thought it will fire sort of like beam laser but...Oh well....

Well, no, I think it was more of a catapult, or launcher. As the rounds they first fired were most likely the original rounds, and then they fired the Lobster Queen's rocket, which blew up Pinion's castle. So, I think its just a SUPER accurate, FAST rocket launcher. And oh yeah, its HUGE!
Jun 30, 2013 7:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Good ending although extremely predictable and cheesy. Things were going a bit too conveniently for my tastes. Unfortunately, it went the "easy" route to resolve everything. The Hideauze got completely sidelined as well (sigh). Oh well, for a 13-episodes series, what can you expect?

Could have been much better. However, overall it was well executed. Would have liked more if they delved a bit deeper into the SF themes that it started. Instead, it went into the typical anime happy ending. Solid 8/10. Could have been 9/10...

Acxelion said:

Well, no, I think it was more of a catapult, or launcher. As the rounds they first fired were most likely the original rounds, and then they fired the Lobster Queen's rocket, which blew up Pinion's castle. So, I think its just a SUPER accurate, FAST rocket launcher. And oh yeah, its HUGE!

It's a Mass Driver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_driver
Speaking of which I specialize in mass driver manufacturing in my X3 game lol.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 30, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
the ending is absurd ._.

Jun 30, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
Solid 8/10 for me. Enjoyed the series except for the minor fanservice episodes. R.I.P Chamber Q.Q.

Also noticed chamber @ the bottom of the sea. Doesn't even look like he's blown up, but he's damaged a lot dem whalesquids on him.

I could see a second season, honestly. Chamber @ bottom of the sea and during one of Ledo's exploration they find him again, more antagonists from Galactic space army, etc. Though I think it's good where they left it.
TyrelJun 30, 2013 7:21 PM
Jun 30, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2013
Chamber Q_Q
I like fried tofu
Jun 30, 2013 7:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kyosuketaka said:
the ending is absurd ._.

In fact, I found Chamber's reaction and development actually "out of character". So much cheese I had to facepalm a bit, ugh. It's SoL so I guess it's okay...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 30, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2011
R.I.P Chamber :(
Jun 30, 2013 7:24 PM
Jan 2013
Wow. What a brilliant ending. Urobuchi kept his promise for being shirobuchi.

To sum up, this animation was at the end, not about coexistance (which this series implies it is not always possible), but actually about criticising mindless militarism and fascism. Still kept its own theme about Ledo + Gargantia interaction, which is pretty much metaphor of us when first going into the society.

Hoped it had more slice of life episode. Like, I would've liked to see more of those - which was possibly the greatest strength of the series.

wakka9ca said:
In fact, I found Chamber's reaction and development actually "out of character".
It wasn't.
Jun 30, 2013 7:25 PM

Dec 2009
nauticalblue said:
I feel like I was thinking too much to fully enjoy this episode. I probably should have watched it with my brain turned off to stop picking at the details and just sit back and stare at the screen, because man, some of those shots were pretty to look at. The more they talked about logic, the more illogical I found their logic, and my brain clung to that all episode long.

I found the sudden personification of Chamber (as well as the interface systems in general) kind of hard to accept. And I felt like there were way too many things that suddenly popped up out of the blue in the final episode, everything from the nervous system fusing to the super-weapon on Gargantia that seemed too miraculous. Then when the whalesquid popped up at the end... oh yeah, almost forgot about those. They totally disappeared from the story in the final concept with a robot dictator plot in lieu of it. My main complains about this show are how underdeveloped some of the concepts are and how one-sided and overly-simplified some of the conflicts are.

I did enjoy the series overall in hindsight, but I can't see myself giving this more than a 6 and being able to justify it in my mind. For me, there were some really high points and some really low points. It had a great atmosphere in the beginning, started slowing to a bore in the fanservice episodes, recovered with an interesting setup after a tone shift, and then started going downhill from there.

My thoughts exactly. But a kids show is a kids show.
tealcactusJun 30, 2013 7:40 PM
Jun 30, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
Kitchiri said:
wakka9ca said:
In fact, I found Chamber's reaction and development actually "out of character".
It wasn't.

For a robot who spoke in a formal, military-like style of language for the entire show to randomly say "Go to hell, tin can!" at the end. Hmm, I'm going to have to agree with wakka9ca that it was indeed out of character.
tlneJun 30, 2013 7:45 PM
Jun 30, 2013 7:41 PM

Sep 2011
Chxistine said:
Kitchiri said:
wakka9ca said:
It wasn't.

For a robot who spoke in a formal, military-like style of language for the entire show to randomly say "Go to hell, tin can!" at the end. Hmm, I'm going to have to agree with Kitrchiri that it was indeed out of character.

Who gives a fuck.
Jun 30, 2013 7:42 PM

Oct 2007
Fuck around for 8 or so episodes, let Gen Urobuchi write the last episode, instant best seller and instantly a "great" show again. What a complete and utter joke. Well played by the producers though indeed.
Jun 30, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2011
Chxistine said:
Kitchiri said:
wakka9ca said:
It wasn't.

For a robot who spoke in a formal, military-like style of language for the entire show to randomly say "Go to hell, tin can!" at the end. Hmm, I'm going to have to agree with Kitrchiri that it was indeed out of character.

Oh well, also the other robot has been "corrupted" by the humans...
Jun 30, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2007
Chxistine said:
Kitchiri said:
wakka9ca said:
It wasn't.

For a robot who spoke in a formal, military-like style of language for the entire show to randomly say "Go to hell, tin can!" at the end. Hmm, I'm going to have to agree with wakka9ca that it was indeed out of character.

A robot who has consistently acted differently, encouraged Ledo way beyond normal means of an AI and was shown to consistently observe Ledo's actions and encourage his free decisions?

The line is in line with what we have seen and showcases the extent of awareness of the AI. Both Striker and Chamber keep saying that they are just machines, but its clear that they are far more. The last, very human and emotional line of Chamber's confirms him as a character instead of an object, putting every single bit of character development he received through the show, in place.

wakka9ca said:

The Hideauze got completely sidelined as well (sigh). Oh well, for a 13-episodes series, what can you expect?

But it did not - it simply was treated as another form of life humans are unable to communicate with and the earth-part of the conflict was resoled, while space-part was painted as important as essentially both Alliance and space-hideauze are cthulhu.
Jun 30, 2013 7:55 PM

May 2013
RIP Chamber. I didn't expect his last line would be "go to hell, tin can"
One of my favourites this season, 8/10
Jun 30, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2011
Chamber, you are such a bro :')
Jun 30, 2013 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
Chamber - "Go to hell tin can."

One of the best lines of this series.
Jun 30, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
Chxistine said:
Kitchiri said:
wakka9ca said:
It wasn't.

A robot who has consistently acted differently, encouraged Ledo way beyond normal means of an AI and was shown to consistently observe Ledo's actions and encourage his free decisions?

Verbally speaking yes it was unusual. I think you're over justifying this. I mean, really, It's just one line. And I (personally) enjoyed it too although the sudden speaking style was OOC and threw me off.
Jun 30, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2012
"Go to hell metalhead!" Chamber RIP :(
Jun 30, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
Chamber. ;___; Probably more like Ledo's best friend than machine.

Aww man I'm going to miss this series. A lot. D: This is definitely the best this season. Honestly, it beats SnK on a totally different level. I love SnK too, but this was just absolutely amazing.

10/10 enjoyable, and 'Go to hell tin can' just bumped up my score.
Jun 30, 2013 8:20 PM

Nov 2011
Great show. That is all. 8/10.
Jun 30, 2013 8:37 PM

May 2011
Chamber my man. Respect bro. Nice line to end it all off as well, haha go to hell.

What a great anime this has been and these last couple of episodes really picked it up. Loved all of the action that was going on and it was really awesome to see that not only has Ledo changed but Chamber as well. Way to take down that out of control robot. I am glad this anime had a happy ending. It is so cute to see Amy and Ledo together like that again. And something is definitely up with Chamber at the end with the way Ledo was acting when he was asked about not alarming the whalesquids and with the whalesquids using Chamber itself as a breeding ground.
Jun 30, 2013 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
peacecraft said:
RIP Chamber. You were best character.

^^ show was good nothing amazing, not sure why i got on board with everyone when they said Urobuchi was writing the last episode only let myself down with my own exceptions ;_;.
7/10 for this
Jun 30, 2013 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
As much as I don't want to act like a condescending, 2deep4u douchebag, I feel people who find Chamber's last go as out of character haven't been paying attention to the show nor could they properly personalize themselves with the themes of the show, which makes me question what prompted them to watch all 13 episodes.

Chamber has been repeatedly called an interface system that does everything to support the pilot. He was shown throughout the show questioning the motivations and ideals of Ledo and people on Gargantia. The fact that he did not reject Ledo's questionable orders, and even attempted an understanding showed that he had AI capable of going beyond a simple machine. Given the development and humanization of Ledo, which Chamber was vastly a part of in the mid episodes of SoL and "healing," it should have been painfully obvious that somewhere in the end Chamber would get humanized as well.

In any case, 8/10. Some problems like the Human Alliance vs Hideauze in space were not tied up. Around the mid-late, the anime did get a little dull with the plot. A lot of the themes were simple and easy to understand; they weren't the best portrayals, but it was good enough. I far more enjoyed the Gargantia exploration of episodes 4-6 than the rest.
Jun 30, 2013 8:42 PM

Apr 2012
decent show but nothing special. Too bad they didn't expand more on the Hideauze

6/10

Jun 30, 2013 8:45 PM

Nov 2012
Favorite character throughout all of this was definitely Chamber. Best line: "Go to hell, tin can!"

The conclusion's satisfactory, kind of peeved the totally ignored the whole Hideauze/whalesquid vs humanity development route but I guess the whole point was not who was right or wrong or currently still in the right or wrong, but to forget about that and start anew in his relationship with the ones on Earth.

Looks like Pinion's got the lobster lady running after him- I don't know what she sees in him though. I really don't.

Ledo and Amy are together, wonderful. Really, the best part of this episode was the battle, the argument Chamber and Striker had, and the fact that Chamber was able to be sweet and confirm that interface systems can have feelings too.
Jun 30, 2013 8:47 PM
Apr 2010
Damn it chamber! You were an awesome mecha! T_T;;;

I give it 9/10

I love shows that pokes at social structures. :D
Jun 30, 2013 9:01 PM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
Da fuck? Look at that rise, LOL.

更新時間:2013年7月1日 0時28分37秒
*28位/170位 ◎ (**6,415 pt) [*,251予約] 13/08/28 翠星のガルガンティア Blu-ray BOX 1
*49位/---位 ◎ (**4,203 pt) [*,116予約] 13/10/25 翠星のガルガンティア Blu-ray BOX 3
*50位/---位 ◎ (**4,350 pt) [*,130予約] 13/09/25 翠星のガルガンティア Blu-ray BOX 2
Post it in the Sales Thread !! Time for Gargantia to reclaim the status of the "best robot show of the season" LOL

Don't do this, trust me. People are going to see it for the obvious joke it is and it'll lead to more petty infighting. Just let it be.

....looking back at the thread I'm surprised at the reservation being shown in reaction to this show. Good finale yet not enough to make the show above average in a lot of cases. Not that I entirely disagree just that that's....surprisingly moderate a reaction for this forum.....wow.... 0_0
PeacingOutJun 30, 2013 9:09 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.