Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 18, 2013 6:23 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck this show gets my blood pumping.
~ El Psy Congroo~

May 18, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
I'm really mad that my friend spoiled one particular element of this series for me. Thank god it was only one thing, but yeah, still, dick move.

Anyway, great episode as usual.
May 18, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Did not know that, that would be an appropriate message, though it would mean Mikasa would need to "do it" with someone who is not Eren...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARMIN!?

Hahahaha!
May 18, 2013 6:26 PM

May 2012
This episode made me dislike Mikasa even more. Eren ftw.
May 18, 2013 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
ReasonDesu said:
I have to say the walls explanation was bullshit, they didn't even start to explain how they actually built the walls in the first place. If the manga went further feel free to enlighten me. Other than that this was a really good episode. I can sense the plot armor incoming, plus I was already spoiled but still it's pretty decent.
what walls explanation? If you're talking about the one before the opening, idk, you would say that now, since they do that little introduction like every episode
May 18, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Sephicent1221 said:
Seriously though is Eren dead or not? I think that muscular titan with the fabulous hair is somehow connected to Eren.

Fabulous hair, indeed.
May 18, 2013 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
Velocitas014 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ReasonDesu said:
I have to say the walls explanation was bullshit, they didn't even start to explain how they actually built the walls in the first place. If the manga went further feel free to enlighten me. Other than that this was a really good episode. I can sense the plot armor incoming, plus I was already spoiled but still it's pretty decent.
It doesn't get explained completely. That's part of the mystery throughout the story.

Actually, how it was made is pretty much completely explained (huge twist!), but we still don't know the motives of the "group" that made it.
Not really, I know what twist you're talking about but that's only part of it. And like you said, who made it and why is still a big question.
May 18, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
I really, really tihink that Armin should have been a more trapish character
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 18, 2013 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
Man, every ep has been amazing so far.

That titan ( Who will henceforth be known as Mr. Fabulous ) was a total beast.

This ep just left me confused and wanting moreeee. The preview doesn't help either :(
May 18, 2013 6:41 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Velocitas014 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ReasonDesu said:
It doesn't get explained completely. That's part of the mystery throughout the story.

Actually, how it was made is pretty much completely explained (huge twist!), but we still don't know the motives of the "group" that made it.
Not really, I know what twist you're talking about but that's only part of it. And like you said, who made it and why is still a big question.
it will be explained for sure its part of the mysteries that are slowly being revealed as the manga goes forward.
May 18, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
Huh... I just found out that the beginning, where they say "they're the food and we are the hunters" is actually in german

and Jaeger is said as the last word of that phrase, and it means "Hunter" in German, and most of the names in the series are Germanic...

So Eren Jaeger = Eren the hunter

(Though this may be irrelevant) Eren is Apparently Turkish, and it means "Saint"

The "Saint Hunter" I like that
May 18, 2013 6:42 PM

Nov 2007
I am kinda worried by the preview. They better not touch my Potato Girl...
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 18, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
Wow
May 18, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2012

THAT MY FRIENDS IS THE FALCON PUNCH OF THE YEAR

May 18, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2012
OfficialGuts said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Velocitas014 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ReasonDesu said:

it will be explained for sure its part of the mysteries that are slowly being revealed as the manga goes forward.

yeah all everyone.. stop asking how the fucking wall is built! you will be spoiled if you want to know..

or if you really want to know, read the manga.. but not fully revealed yet..

not much action but a very good adaptation :D
May 18, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
that titan knocked that other titans head of! slightly spoiled myself a while ago but after this episode all i can ask Will their be more like them?!

Music in this show always gets me hyped up
May 18, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
5/5
May 18, 2013 6:59 PM

May 2013
that was an awesome episode.
May 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome way to end that episode, cant wait for next week.
May 18, 2013 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
that titan knocked that other titans head of! slightly spoiled myself a while ago but after this episode all i can ask Will their be more like them?!

If you don't want spoilers, don't read the comments.
May 18, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
That was amazing
May 18, 2013 7:04 PM
May 2012
katsu044 said:
May 18, 2013 7:06 PM
May 2012
PoeticJustice said:
What exactly do you dislike about her? Just curious.
May 18, 2013 7:11 PM
Oct 2010
truthfuly i thought some ost's didn't match the atmosphere of the scene/show, didn't like this episode much except for the last minutes.
May 18, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2012
Chusaki said:
PoeticJustice said:

I don't like her character archetype. She is too perfect besides her attachment to Eren. Characters like her are very flat IMO.
May 18, 2013 7:13 PM

Mar 2012
Sephicent1221 said:
Seriously though is Eren dead or not? I think that muscular titan with the fabulous hair is somehow connected to Eren.

Do you really want to know?

It'll all make more sense in the next episode. It might be pointless to put that spoiler.
May 18, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
Damn! This episode was intense. The suicide part made me cracked up! lol
Mikasa's eyes suddenly blackening. I was thinking she'll suddenly gonna slap Armin for failing to save Eren.

"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

May 18, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2009
katsu044 said:

May 18, 2013 7:20 PM
May 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Chusaki said:
PoeticJustice said:

I don't like her character archetype. She is too perfect besides her attachment to Eren. Characters like her are very flat IMO.
I didn't know she fell into any categories. She's not really perfect though; if you dislike her because she's perfect, wouldn't this episode have made it so you come to like her more, rather than less?
May 18, 2013 7:21 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
5/5. Great episode. Episode 5 is still by far my favorite but this is a close 2nd along with most of the other episodes so far.

The World Suffused with Sound.
May 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Aug 2012
What the hell just happened. aha
May 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2008
This Rape face :

Scary.
May 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Feb 2009
PoeticJustice said:
Chusaki said:
PoeticJustice said:

How is having an attachment to another character a flaw?

Also, competence at killing titans does not mean she is "perfect."

Nov 2009
Kinda disappointed ...
I thought I was gonna see lots of Mikasa action, but like 2 titans killed then ran out of gas? U can't be serious.
They still used lots of static images/slide show animation this episode. Oh well.
4/5

Nov 2011
jayvon said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:
Man the writers should have just let Armin Arlert die, I want Eren man! It's just lie letting Luffy die in the place of Buggy.

Armin is actually an important character.

Ragix said:
That was amazing. The OST left me speechless along with the fluid animation. I'm excited for the next episode, if what I think is going to come next is coming...

shanimebib said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
jayvon said:
Man the writers should have just let Armin Arlert die, I want Eren man! It's just lie letting Luffy die in the place of Buggy.

Armin is actually an important character.

So is Buggy. What's your point?

Buggy is comic relief, Armin actually plays an important role and you'll see what that role is soon. Although I'm sure everyone got a big enough hint during the training arc if they listened to the instructor.

Armin sucks he's a pussy and he's boring. Eren brought all the badassness to the anime. I rather him die than Eren. I'm just saying this anime has lost it's Main source of epicness and awesomeness. And don't tell me about the bullshit manga because I don't read manga.

I don't even. You just saw what Armin really does this episode: he thinks. Unlike you, who would rather have all characters in a show be "badass". Because it's cool
May 18, 2013 7:29 PM
May 2012
Morridine said:

I don't even. You just saw what Armin really does this episode: he thinks. Unlike you, who would rather have all characters in a show be "badass". Because it's cool
I dislike Armin for reasons different than jayvon, but Morridine is correct. Armin plays a large role, and as you can see, he's the one who uses his brain the most.
May 18, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
Kinda disappointed ...
I thought I was gonna see lots of Mikasa action, but like 2 titans killed then ran out of gas? U can't be serious.

Way to miss the point.
I guess instead of developing her as a character it would have been better if we had more BADASS MINDLESS FIGHTAN.
May 18, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2011
Sephicent1221 said:

I just laughed so hard.
But but.... he really was such a hottie.... in the manga he was a bit more scary.
May 18, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
This was a good one. We got to see Mikasa being a bad ass most of the time, never giving up and all that. the animation on the faces this time around was superb. It was all hopeless and you could tell.

Lot's of shock-value in this one too

And mister badass titan killing titan I think we all know who that is.

Next week is gonna be great!
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
May 18, 2013 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
Awww, Potato Girl cries in the preview. I guess she will meet face-to-face with death next episode.

Anyway, FALCON PUUUUNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

5/5
May 18, 2013 7:41 PM

Mar 2008
Akanezora said:
He's cool, isn't he.

"I'll rip you to shreds... tear you to pieces with my own hands...
to smithereens... to pulp... devour ya."
May 18, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
HE'S FINALLY HERE! And that music omg. Anime of the year.
May 18, 2013 7:45 PM
Mar 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Kinda disappointed ...
They still used lots of static images/slide show animation this episode. Oh well.

^ this

got excited for the action as well, then she is just lying there, flashbacks. the char development feel forced.

i didnt read the manga, regardless of how vital he is to the story, armin is still a wuss.

soundtrack is awesome though
"....i am the villain in this story"
May 18, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 2012
Amarrez said:
VioLink said:

ANIME OF THE SEASON END OF DISCUSSION

I DISAGREE

ANIME OF THE YEAR

Its so good and epic. IIII CAAAANT EXPREESSS MY FEEEELINGS HERE!!!!
May 18, 2013 7:54 PM
Sep 2012
SO. FUCKING. EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

May 18, 2013 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
Siquall said:
This Rape face :

Scary.

I actually laughed when I saw that.
more like "troll face"

or like: "hey gurl, what's up?"

May 2013
UFC - Super Man Punch

Mar 2013
I have no words to describe all this epicness, despite all the previous spoilers I wasn't expecting it to be so freaking awesome. It's gonna be a long week waiting next episode.No doubt, anime of the year!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
May 18, 2013 8:02 PM

Nov 2009
JOHJ said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Kinda disappointed ...

Way to miss the point.
I guess instead of developing her as a character it would have been better if we had more BADASS MINDLESS FIGHTAN.

Hmm Mikasa's character could be also developed through action as it was showed in the manga. When she heard Eren died, Mikasa lost herself and wanted to kill many titans as she could(for revenge) even if it cost her life. Eren is her only family, so without him she had nothing to lose, she wanted to forget the pain by throwing herself into battle. She's a person of action, not words though.
May 18, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2012
Oh my word that Titan went HAM, Falcon punch that other titan to the face was hella epic and the OST once again off the chain BAM.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.