Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta' to be Animated (Confirmed as TV Series in Winter 2014)

New
May 16, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
According to the newsletter of Gagaga Bunko, the light novel "Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta" (Love Song of a Certain Pilot) will get an anime adaptation. No more information is available yet.

The light novel is part of the "Hikuushi" (Pilot) series and has 5 volumes altogether. In fall 2011, another novel of the series, "Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku", was adapted into an anime movie of the same name. "Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta" took place in the same world but at an earlier time.

Source: Scan of Gagaga Bunko newsletter

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta on MAL
arsonalJul 29, 2017 1:00 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2013 4:03 AM

Sep 2012
has romance? sounds about right, better be good

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2013 4:07 AM

Dec 2012
Another series with WWII weaponry, specifically the Imperial Airforce, besides that Studio Ghibli's movie. I will check this out
May 16, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
Sounds Interesting.
May 16, 2013 4:15 AM

Jul 2009
If this is a TV series, it will be fantastic, like Allison & Lillia.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 16, 2013 4:23 AM

Sep 2012
For reference, here is the PV for the light novel

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 16, 2013 4:40 AM

Dec 2012
^ Concept art is very appealing indeed. Do we know which studio will animate this?
May 16, 2013 4:46 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Do we know which studio will animate this?
As my first post said, "no more information is available yet."

But I can tell you that the movie for "Toaru Hikuushi no Tsuioku" was animated by TMS Entertainment, but that says little about which studio will animate this novel.

May 16, 2013 4:49 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder when will Blade Dance get anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2013 4:53 AM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
What in this news caused you to think of Blade Dance? The name is totally different. The author is different. The publisher is different. The genre is also a bit different...

May 16, 2013 4:57 AM
Jun 2011
Definitely going to watch this
May 16, 2013 5:10 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
What in this news caused you to think of Blade Dance? The name is totally different. The author is different. The publisher is different. The genre is also a bit different...
What I mean is one by one many LN get animated. So since it was already translated all the published volume I'm hoping soon it will follow and getting animated.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2013 5:18 AM

Jan 2012
Any reputable studio is fine except KyoAni
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
May 16, 2013 5:19 AM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
What I mean is one by one many LN get animated. So since it was already translated all the published volume I'm hoping soon it will follow and getting animated.
I see. On the other hand, there are still way too many light novels which are not animated, so at the end it all depends on which LN the publishers want to push...

May 16, 2013 5:19 AM
Feb 2013
I'm curious.
May 16, 2013 5:22 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
I see. On the other hand, there are still way too many light novels which are not animated, so at the end it all depends on which LN the publishers want to push...
If only Japan more open about their work and let other country enjoy their creation too.
May 16, 2013 5:42 AM

Dec 2010
hmmmm not sure if I'd watch it but I totally would have if the main character was a girl.
May 16, 2013 5:43 AM
Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:
If only Japan more open about their work and let other country enjoy their creation too.

what you mean with more open about their work ? you want them to be published in your country ?

then you should pray that your country Publisher brave enough to buy the license and start translating them
May 16, 2013 5:56 AM

Mar 2012
hakazee said:
NeoAnkara said:

what you mean with more open about their work ? you want them to be published in your country ?

then you should pray that your country Publisher brave enough to buy the license and start translating them
That ain't gonna happen thought it will be good if that come true.
May 16, 2013 6:08 AM

Oct 2011
Looks interesting.
May 16, 2013 6:15 AM
Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:
That ain't gonna happen thought it will be good if that come true.

there is one publisher in my country that start buying light novel license and translate it. even though it's only one shoot LN. it's sale good enough and they began to buy other one shoot titles now.

so it's not Japan more open about their work or not, but it's depend on your country Publisher and their market in your country.
May 16, 2013 6:26 AM

Mar 2012
jmal said:
NeoAnkara said:

They're perfectly open to it, provided there's money in it. And by and large translated light novels sell terribly overseas.
This was maybe because my country only know Naruto and Dragon Ball so that I'm think like this.
May 16, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
I've seen the movie before and thought was pretty damn good sooooooo might also give this a shot.
May 16, 2013 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
hakazee said:
so it's not Japan more open about their work or not, but it's depend on your country Publisher and their market in your country.
Precisely, in Taiwan you see many Light Noves getting official translation (into Chinese of course) and the packaging is even more luxurious than the Japanese ones, much bigger with better quality paper. The bunko size used in Japanese publication may be better suited for reading in crowded trains but the B6 size in Taiwanese publication is good for collection and reading at leisure purposes. Obviously good money can be found for LN in the Taiwan market.

May 16, 2013 6:38 AM

Aug 2008
Oh boy, more Japanese friendship. I wonder if it fuels his plane at some point...
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 16, 2013 6:54 AM

Dec 2012
Looks interesting...And the art seems pretty good also...I might check it out once it's released..:)
May 16, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 2010
arsonal said:

Allison & Lillia wasn't exactly fantastic, but it was decent. If this show/story is like that I wouldn't be too disappointed since there are certainly worse shows out there.
Ok™
May 16, 2013 8:01 AM
Sep 2012
Looks very interesting. I´m up for this.
May 16, 2013 8:08 AM

Oct 2007
McRib said:
arsonal said:

Allison & Lillia wasn't exactly fantastic, but it was decent. If this show/story is like that I wouldn't be too disappointed since there are certainly worse shows out there.
If this followed the same set up as the movie it will be more of character focus.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 16, 2013 8:09 AM

Aug 2011
I actually liked the movie, ignoring the bad characters. Will be watching this!
May 16, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
Toaru Hikuushi and no Tsuioku, I saw it and I liked it a lot, especially because the ending does not have the classic "happy ending"! I can not wait to be this other LN animated, the animation studio is important, but I think that even if it were the KyoAni andrebbbe me well, but I do not think so. The character design is no good being that the anime series while not sharing anything with the film, it has to link up with the brand and then the design should be similar to or the same as, at least I really hope so.
May 16, 2013 8:23 AM

Apr 2011
Will check this out.
May 16, 2013 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
Looks interesting~

May 16, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
About friendship and love? It'll be good, I guess
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 16, 2013 11:22 AM
May 2013
Ooh I liked the movie (it seemed to be of high quality) so I'm interested. So the plot isn't anything like the movie, but the characters have the same names? Hmmm
May 16, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
Hahalollawl said:
Ooh I liked the movie (it seemed to be of high quality) so I'm interested. So the plot isn't anything like the movie, but the characters have the same names? Hmmm
Why do you say the characters have the same names? In Koiuta, the main characters are Karl'el Albers and Nina Viento/Claire Cruise whereas in Tsuikoku the main characters are Charles Karino and Fana del Moral
symbvMay 16, 2013 11:29 AM

May 16, 2013 12:09 PM
May 2013
symbv said:
Hahalollawl said:
Why do you say the characters have the same names? In Koiuta, the main characters are Karl'el Albers and Nina Viento/Claire Cruise whereas in Tsuikoku the main characters are Charles Karino and Fana del Moral

Oh, weird. I clicked on the light novel link and it had the same character names.
May 16, 2013 12:14 PM

Sep 2012
Hahalollawl said:
Oh, weird. I clicked on the light novel link and it had the same character names.
Hmm.. From what I know, there are two very minor characters who may be the two main characters in Tsuioku. I guess the character list in the LN link needs to be built up. As it stands it can get quite misleading.

May 16, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome news. Loved Tsuioku movie.
May 16, 2013 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
well i did enjoy the first movie so i will expect the same thing from the new one that coming up
May 16, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2009
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
Do we know which studio will animate this?
As my first post said, "no more information is available yet."

But I can tell you that the movie for "Toaru Hikuushi no Tsuioku" was animated by TMS Entertainment, but that says little about which studio will animate this novel.

Erm. It was animated by Madhouse. TMS were production studio not animation one.
May 16, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
looks interesting.

May 16, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Erm. It was animated by Madhouse. TMS were production studio not animation one.
Actually you are not quite right.

First, TMS is an animation studio not a production studio (like Aniplex). It made anime like Zetman and Cardfight Vanguard. In fact, TMS' name originally came from "Tokyo Movie", which is one predecessor of TMS, which has an illustrious history of making anime dated from the '60s and once made legendary classics like "Kyojin no Hoshi" and the very first "Lupin III" TV series as well as "Akira" later. Its involvements in any production were occasional not its main function.

For the movie, it is quite a bit tricky because both Madhouse and TMS are credited as 制作, which generally means animation making, but confusingly whereas TMS is credited as 制作, Madhouse is credited as アニメーション制作. You can see it in the official website of the anime: http://www.hikuushi-tsuioku.com/staff/ And there is a separate entry for the production itself 製作 which according to the link above belongs to a special production committee (which includes TMS too but there are at least 7 other companies also involved). Now what separates 制作 and アニメーション制作 ? This is where the matter becomes vague. I have not yet found another example of an anime movie having both credits usually it is either 制作 or アニメーション制作 and it is a preference thing, but not both. I could not find any definitive explanation of how TMS and Madhouse divided their roles in the making of the anime, but I think it is safe to assume that given the tag of "Animation" in the credit Madhouse focused on the actual animation itself and TMS could be involving in broader aspects of making the movie in general, ranging from actual animation to preparing the sound/music or CG base work etc. It is hard to tell what exactly it did but its credit of "制作" (while something else is credited for 製作) means that TMS was definitely involved in making the movie itself.

May 16, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
symbv said:
Hahalollawl said:
Hmm.. From what I know, there are two very minor characters who may be the two main characters in Tsuioku. I guess the character list in the LN link needs to be built up. As it stands it can get quite misleading.
I was responsible all the entries for the Hikuushi light novel spinoffs, so that's probably my fault. I couldn't decide on a romanization scheme for Koiuta's characters, so I put it on the backburner, thinking it might never be animated anyway. I guess I was wrong.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 18, 2013 4:02 AM

May 2013
What genre is it?
May 18, 2013 4:05 AM

Sep 2012
TheFamiliar said:
What genre is it?
Why not click the link of the Light Novel provided in the first post and find out yourself?

Jun 17, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
The breaking news is that the anime will start to air this fall.

Director is Suzuki Toshimasa

I could not find the studio information though.

Jun 17, 2013 5:42 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:

That means... TV series?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 17, 2013 6:01 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
symbv said:

That means... TV series?
Yes.

Jun 17, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2011
romance drama = win already
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.