Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 4, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2011
pming said:
Yeah, I'm going to be a killjoy.

Fake spoilers are as disruptive as real spoilers.

Sorry, anime-watchers, but just read the manga. People will troll with real or fake spoilers. Unless you've read the manga, it's hard to tell the difference.

or, just don't open them? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Pigger i don't get your complaining about the kawaii titan, maybe you don't remember but it was very like that the original one, they didn't change much of it, this adaptation is very loyal to the original

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 4, 2013 12:52 PM
Sep 2011
pming said:
The OP was trolling the anime-only watchers. :)

Indeed.

I wonder if they'll change it now and will put Mikasa in Eren's place in the OP...
May 4, 2013 12:52 PM
Nov 2011
OfficialGuts said:
pming said:
quiet!

No wai. I will crow about this. For the past month, I had to deal with people complaining about Eren being overpowered Gary Stu MC.

At least now, people can see that he's so hotblooded he got most of his squad killed.
May 4, 2013 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
huntx said:
Those flashbacks are related to someone else whos going to pick up Erens candle.

We all know it would be Mikasa. If not, hopefully Potato Girl! I love her already. Maybe she will hear a word or two about Eren from Mikasa and eventually find a new food source for mankind... Tita-...ahm... :D

That would have been epic, but unfortunately, I think one epic anime a season is good enough. This season we have Valvrave filling in that role. ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 4, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
pming said:
OfficialGuts said:
pming said:
quiet!

No wai. I will crow about this. For the past month, I had to deal with people complaining about Eren being overpowered Gary Stu MC.

At least now, people can see that he's so hotblooded he got most of his squad killed.

And the fact that he, you know, died.

SnK really likes to take shonen tropes and turn them on their head.
May 4, 2013 12:55 PM
Apr 2013
Oh my god... Titans won gg.

Aug 2009
pming said:
OfficialGuts said:
pming said:
quiet!

You know that many ,MANY people think that Gary Stu=

But even then he still got his ass kicked.

IF you see Gary Stu statements like that it's best to laugh at their stupidity.

Apr 2011
Gonna watch this episode again once the sub is out...

I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. And thankfully, I don't see any spoilers so far.

May 4, 2013 12:57 PM
Sep 2011
I just realized, Attack on Titan is the Game of Thrones of the anime world!

And Eren is our Eddard Stark!
May 4, 2013 1:05 PM

Nov 2009
Oh wuuut, Eren is DEAD??????????????????????????????????????????
No, he will comeback alive, since he lost his limbs in battle, people will attach AUTOMAIL to him, and then we have another version of Edward Elric, OP as fuk. He can also use alchemy as well.
GG plot. I'm done.
May 4, 2013 1:10 PM
Sep 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
No, he will comeback alive, since he lost his limbs in battle, people will attach AUTOMAIL to him, and then we have another version of Edward Elric, OP as fuk. He can also use alchemy as well.
GG plot. I'm done.

Sorry but there's on Auto-Mail in SnK world... :/
May 4, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
GG plot. I'm done.

That'd be fucking awesome, I'd pay good money to see alchemists vs titans.
May 4, 2013 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
I love the fear! Everybody were so close to piss their pants! That was one hell of a one-sided battle!
May 4, 2013 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
It's ... it's not like he can regenerate his limbs and turn into a giant Hollywood Hulk, that doesn't make any sense.
So I will stick with my first theory.
Takana_no_Hana said:
GG plot. I'm done.

Or perhaps hes dead ... real death.
May 4, 2013 1:19 PM
Nov 2011
I'm amused that the ending art stars Levi.
May 4, 2013 1:35 PM
Nov 2011
Ow. Eren's landing in the anime hurts a lot more than in the manga.
May 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
pming said:

I was thinking the same. So did Armin's at the end. I mean he freakin made a hole in the roof tiles.
May 4, 2013 1:41 PM

Feb 2009
Well Eren didn't get to kill any titans, but he did get to save his best friend (well until the next titan shows up to eat his ass). Mikasa is going to be seriously pissed when he learned that Eren is dead!
May 4, 2013 1:41 PM
Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
pming said:

I was thinking the same. So did Armin's at the end. I mean he freakin made a hole in the roof tiles.

I haven't seen any anime bloopers so far. 05 is really a step up from 04. The stills are also fewer or harder to spot. And so much more action.
May 4, 2013 1:44 PM

Oct 2012
pming said:
Darklight0303 said:
pming said:

I haven't seen any anime bloopers so far. 05 is really a step up from 04. The stills are also fewer or harder to spot. And so much more action.
they're not gonna waste their budget on flashback training moments. Of course there are less stills.
AnimeHAwk616May 4, 2013 1:47 PM
May 4, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
You guys are missing one point in this anime. Think about Eren who was pretty much hyped up since episode 1, and got eaten in episode 5. Now what do you think will happen to the rest of the cast uh?

Maybe for once you get an anime not revolving about one MC, but about humanity who had lost its place on the top of the food chain and the titans to have to deal with a prey that can fight back even pitifully.
May 4, 2013 1:55 PM
Sep 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
You guys are missing one point in this anime. Think about Eren who was pretty much hyped up since episode 1, and got eaten in episode 5. Now what do you think will happen to the rest of the cast uh?

Maybe for once you get an anime not revolving about one MC, but about humanity who had lost its place on the top of the food chain and the titans to have to deal with a prey that can fight back even pitifully.

You're right.

That is the point of the series.
May 4, 2013 1:59 PM
Jan 2012
I'm only sad that they didn't include one of the scenes from the manga in this episode :<

May 4, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2011
gbanshee said:
I'm only sad that they didn't include one of the scenes from the manga in this episode :<

No, i'm sad too
May 4, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2009
gbanshee said:

actually they did but it's inner thoughts of Armin. Perhaps they could do it better by adding it to his dialogue.
oh wait u mean the other scenes when people got eaten?
May 4, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
People who don't read the manga hyped Eren so much in the beginning LOL... he's the MC but no way he's the badass like you guys think... he's imature and impulsive... nobody is perfect here, even my beloved Mikasa has her weak points (Eren). Well... This episode isn't so creepy like in the manga. I think they missed something in this episode, but was good anyway.

My favorite character is always Mikasa, but the staff don't make justice to her character until now. I hope the next episodes they show her like she is... a fucking awesome badass girl and one of the best character from this story, or the best.
mixordiaMay 4, 2013 2:19 PM
english isn't my native language... ;)
May 4, 2013 2:18 PM
Jan 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
gbanshee said:

actually they did but it's inner thoughts of Armin. Perhaps they could do it better by adding it to his dialogue.

I meant specifically this:
May 4, 2013 2:22 PM
Apr 2013
gbanshee said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
gbanshee said:

wow, you sir, had a twisted mind.
May 4, 2013 2:26 PM
Jan 2012
trabletoon said:

Lol, it's not like I enjoyed it with a grin and fapped to it or something, haha xD
I just loved this scene because of its horror. It kinda made me change my mind about Mina, too, I felt sorry for her.
May 4, 2013 2:26 PM
Aug 2012
trabletoon said:
gbanshee said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
gbanshee said:

10 years later-- YOU HAIRSTYLE IS SHIT. YOU'RE FIRED.
May 4, 2013 2:32 PM
Apr 2013
gbanshee said:
trabletoon said:

Lol, it's not like I enjoyed it with a grin and fapped to it or something, haha xD
I just loved this scene because of its horror. It kinda made me change my mind about Mina, too, I felt sorry for her.

hahaha, yeah that scene is quite realistic! you see, even a single thing goes wrong may lead to death (i mean when mina's rope collided with the titan's hand). And the author did it great without any cliche such as eren suddenly wake up and save their asses :p
May 4, 2013 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
Ei, @Pigger, After five episodes i think:
1- SnK will be a good anime;
2- will not be the classic that I thought;
3- average people feel content with very little.
LunaMay 5, 2013 12:53 AM
May 4, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Shit just got real.
May 4, 2013 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
Armin you useless sack of titan shit
May 4, 2013 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Next episode is going to be good but the one after it (ep. 7) will be even better..

- Next week will feature the flashback of how Eren and Mikasa met and the events that took place that day aka pure epicness

- The final scene from next week's episode is pretty clear what cliffhanger they're going to leave us on ;)
May 4, 2013 3:01 PM
Apr 2010
It'd be hilarious if the anime just ended right here.
May 4, 2013 3:01 PM

Apr 2008
Kamina__ said:
Armin you useless sack of titan shit

He literally almost became that. Well more like Titan barf since Titans don't shit
May 4, 2013 3:44 PM

Aug 2012
That is some twist @_@

Can't wait for next week , I wonder how Erens gonna comeback from this
May 4, 2013 3:46 PM

Jul 2011
ok the MC is gone in this last episode. It was a fantastic 5 episodes series! Now the show is over right? xD
May 4, 2013 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
Can't wait for Eren to come back as Jaegarbot Full Metal Eren A Sea Cucumber malicious heartburn.
StickyWizardMay 4, 2013 4:03 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 4, 2013 4:00 PM
Jan 2012
ainky said:
ok the MC is gone in this last episode. It was a fantastic 5 episodes series! Now the show is over right? xD

Far from it! Actually, anime is slowly reaching the climax of the "prologue arc". Then real fun starts. (this episode actually is the ending of the 1st volume of the manga... 1st out of 10, so go figure :P
May 4, 2013 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
I have read the manga, but I can't avoid to cry... This is so realistic.
The animation and ost made ​​me feel afraid! Awesome. The best ep.

5/5
May 4, 2013 4:47 PM

Dec 2009
WTH at the Ending. This cant be real.
May 4, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
deave112 said:
Master7432 said:
Meh, everyone knows the MC somehow comes back to life with some redicious power or plot.

Only... he doesn't this time. He's dead.

Hes not the mc anymore, hes dead and its the real deal.
May 4, 2013 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
WTF, my man Eren is already down an arm and leg.
May 4, 2013 5:02 PM

Dec 2008
This ep is like wtfgodcakez on a plate.
May 4, 2013 5:04 PM

Apr 2010
May 4, 2013 5:06 PM

Mar 2013
Obviously Eren escapes the Titan's mouth through SHEER WILL AND FIGHTING SPIRIT, barely surviving the ordeal by promising to get stronger/tastier in x amount of time. He then finds an enigmatic instructor to teach him the ways of Nen/Rukk/Aura/Haki/Spiral Power/The Ripple/Spirit Energy and, upon finishing his training, he leaves the hyperbolic time chamber and challenges the Aristotle looking Titan to a rematch.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Loving the actions scenes. WIT Studio did a great job with the 3DMG! Especially the beginning part with Eren attacking the Colossal Titan. But damn, Eren's fall looked extremely painful...in the manga I wondered how Eren injured his head (yeah I know, if I thought about it for a second I should've been able to figure it out), but in the anime is was obvious after the impact he had on the rooftops. His leg and arm D: Poor Armin, such a traumatizing experience of seeing one of his best friends being eaten. I liked the addition of the scene with Pixis and that lord, definitely showed how uncaring (and weak) the richer guys are, saying the other people are insignificant.

The bgm during the flashback where the teacher was explaining to the trainees about the titans was beautiful, loved it. They also did a great job with the titan that was regenerating its head, definitely looked creepy. I also really liked Eren's headbutt to Mikasa, actually sounded like it hurt XD Anyways, overall, they handled the feelings of fear and despair really well in this episode, like when some of the soldiers were huddled up, crying, or vomiting...and then Armin seeing all his comrades dying in front of him, feeling incredibly useless because he was too scared...

I'm so excited for the next episode! Mikasa's back story ><

Aug 2012
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHA EREN. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

People who haven't read the manga, I feel so bad for you.
Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.