Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2013 7:49 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She
is
come
back!!
Apr 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2012
You definitely deserve to make the first post! Just look at your avatar!!

Only My Railgun !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 12, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2007
It's like reintroduction to the whole Railgun world with new characters + Touma (at the end of the ep.)!! Misaka's lol as always as she stole Kuroko's job. It seems like there's a new "rival-like" person (with sparkling eyes). She has a remote controller to control mentality. They also visited those victims. Wow @ the whole hospital thing.

I was shocked that Acce. appeared in the OP not just Touma at first, but I guess it makes sense because they cover the arc where he includes.
tsubasaloverApr 12, 2013 4:35 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 12, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
Wait, introducing the Queen this early? If it wasn't for the OP I would have been worried about the Sister's Arc being skipped.

Thankfully the spoiler filled OP put my fears to rest.
Apr 12, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
It's back!

Pretty good action on the second half and watching Misaka in action gave me a smile. I guess this started off a bit slow in terms of the "Sister's Arc" but I'm still excited on this show.

SHE IS COME BACK. The ED song was a beauty. I'll play it on repeat for quite a bit for this show.

Holy shit @ the song. It's a bit spoilerish but I am ready for it.

MISAKI:

Apr 12, 2013 7:57 AM

Jul 2007
I loved the episode. Just watched the live stream and was planning to watch it with subs again latter but there is no need since it was so easy to understand lol. Anyways lovely episode, lovely characters , cool opening, awesome Misaka, awesome Kuroko, awesome Saten. Just so much win. The flip-coin was epic too!!!!!! Doing that upside down while falling from the sky lol. I can't wait for more~
Apr 12, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
tsubasalover said:
I don't think she's Misaki.

I don't think she can be anyone else, you know.
Apr 12, 2013 8:00 AM

Jan 2011
Holy shit I was a bit worried about the filler but they evened it out nicely with the source material. Dat Misaki

Also, Touma and Kuroko helping Misaka fight ITEM?

Stark700 said:
I
SHE IS COME BACK. The ED song was a beauty. I'll play it on repeat for quite a bit for this show.

Holy shit @ the ED song. It's a bit spoilerish but I am ready for it.

That was the OP.
VioLinkApr 12, 2013 8:13 AM
[center]
Apr 12, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Why? Isn't she the new character that got introduced this ep.?
Apr 12, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
VioLink said:
That was the OP.

Ya I know, I edited my post since the song was played @ the end.

tsubasalover said:
Stark700 said:

MISAKI:

It is her. The eyes and long hair kinda gave it away. What I'm surprised the most is that she is introduced this early.

tsubasalover said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Yes. Some people have her name and Misaka's name confused since they are written quite similarly. She's a new character introduced in this series and from the manga.
Apr 12, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2009
tsubasalover said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Trust me on this, it's Misaki.

She was introduced very early on though.
Apr 12, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Oh, I thought she was Misaka. I only heard "Shikuhou" part clearly, so I didn't know she's Misaki.

Stark700 said:
Yes. Some people have her name and Misaka's name confused since they are written quite similarly. She's a new character introduced in this series and from the manga.

Yeah, I just got confused.
Apr 12, 2013 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Oh, I thought she was Misaka. I only heard "Shikuhou" part clearly, so I didn't know she's Misaki.

Stark700 said:

Yeah, I just got confused.

Lots of people get it wrong :P. I did when I was reading the Manga, I would mistakenly say Misaki over Misaka etc.
Apr 12, 2013 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
Ok, then. I will just call her the Queen to prevent from confusion.
Apr 12, 2013 8:47 AM
Mar 2013
Where did you find the live stream. Thank you I appreciate it. I don't know how to get to AT-x...
Apr 12, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
So this season will be filled by Level 5' girls, with the queen announced so early and

I'll punch some random man outside of my house if J.C ruined the sister's arc tho.

Stark700 said:
The ED song was a beauty. I'll play it on repeat for quite a bit for this show.

+1
Apr 12, 2013 9:09 AM
Sep 2012
Queen looks like Taiga for some reason...dammit JCstaff XD
Apr 12, 2013 9:17 AM

Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:
Ok, then. I will just call her the Queen to prevent from confusion.

Everyone should be calling her queen.
[center]
Apr 12, 2013 9:28 AM

Jul 2007
Mugino and Misaki *_*
This anime will be awesome :D
Apr 12, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2008
OP gets a 10/10

It's nice to get a reintroduction of the characters and world.

It's also nice to see Kuroko up to her old antics again, someone give me a gif of the teleport glomp Kuroko did to Misaka.

I'm going to like this season if there are anymore LV5 characters as powerful as Queen there.

Apr 12, 2013 9:32 AM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
OP gets a 10/10

It's also nice to see Kuroko up to her old antics again, someone give me a gif of the teleport glomp Kuroko did to Misaka.

I'm going to like this season if there are anymore LV5 characters as powerful as Queen there.

Apr 12, 2013 9:33 AM
Mar 2013
So I missed the episode, but I found the opening. The opening looks freaking unbelievable. And as everyone else said it introduces everyone and just looks plain bad-ass. That was enough to keep me satisfied until I watch the episode 1 later. But the opening just by itself was amazing. The animation quality is way better this season (at least in the opening).
Apr 12, 2013 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
oops, almost missed the premier xD
Apr 12, 2013 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
It's still raw.. but I watched the OP.. love it.
Apr 12, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2011
Haven't seen the episode, just the OP, but I'm already blown away. The OP animation is really well done, and it really introduces everyone.

It is really leaving me guessing with how the show is going to play out, which is a good thing.
Apr 12, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2010
Wow, I just saw the OP and just from that I could already feel this is going to be greeeeeat (say it like that tiger from the cereal box)
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 12, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
Here's the Railgun S OP:

Fucking amazing.
Apr 12, 2013 11:08 AM

Sep 2008
Same old Railgun...zZzZzZz...NOT.

Same old is the way I want this! Awesome intro ep, can't wait for more!
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Apr 12, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
The OP looks so beautiful...and so misleading. Touma and Kuroko do not in any way help Mikoto fight ITEM. She totally solos them (minus Kinuhata since she is elsewhere).

Haven't seen the episode yet, though. Does Misaki (Queen) get introduced in the first ep? I guess that would make sense considering she's front and center on the cover of the next Index NT Volume. Theories are already flying around about her knowing Touma at some point before his memory loss.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Apr 12, 2013 11:30 AM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
The OP looks so beautiful...and so misleading. Touma and Kuroko do not in any way help Mikoto fight ITEM. She totally solos them (minus Kinuhata since she is elsewhere).

Haven't seen the episode yet, though. Does Misaki (Queen) get introduced in the first ep? I guess that would make sense considering she's front and center on the cover of the next Index NT Volume. Theories are already flying around about her knowing Touma at some point before his memory loss.

Well, we already saw them change the plot in the first season. Why wouldn't they change the second season plot a little bit as well. It is possible, but probably unlikely.

Also, in the opening Touma looks pretty different in HD (lol). For example, they already introduced:
who definitely appeared after the sister's arc.

I think they are making the storyline slightly different. This means that even for those of us who read the manga (even the main plot points of the show will be entertaining).

My question is this: Are they going to be using this opening for all 24 episodes? It feels like they will because it covers everything that should appear in both arcs right? Well, I guess unless they change it for the second arc with Misaki... just... do they have other opening music? I don't fripside has another single do they? Do you guys have any ideas about this? I mean usually they have two openings for each 24 episode season in all of raildex. So this is slightly confusing.

Anway, after watching the first episode raw I believe that this is going to be way better than the first season which already was amazing. This is great.
Apr 12, 2013 11:30 AM

Aug 2011
Railgun is finally back!

highlights of the episode:

MISAKI
dat op straight up is an animation of one of the best fights in the source material.

absolutely cannot WAIT to see item in all their glory.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Apr 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
dniv said:
My question is this: Are they going to be using this opening for all 24 episodes? It feels like they will because it covers everything that should appear in both arcs right? Well, I guess unless they change it for the second arc with Misaki... just... do they have other opening music? I don't fripside has another single do they? Do you guys have any ideas about this? I mean usually they have two openings for each 24 episode season in all of raildex. So this is slightly confusing.

Anway, after watching the first episode raw I believe that this is going to be way better than the first season which already was amazing. This is great.

I had similar thoughts to this as well. I guess maybe the OP song will stay for quite awhile although based on the song, it seems to cover a lot of material which I'm eager to see.
Apr 12, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 2013
Oh yeah. I forgot to say. We can already see how dark this season is going to get if it already had some slightly intense stuff in the first episode. Way darker than last season already.
Apr 12, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2008
Haha I actually forgot about this anime but nice it's back.
It's all nice to see Misaka and the rest.
Touma at the end and love the music as always.
From I see from the opening song Touma will also have important part in this anime.
:D

Introduce the new character " The Queen " Misaki.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
WOW the Opening ROCKS !
Apr 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
RyanATZsuntears said:
Hoppy said:
OP gets a 10/10

She'll definitely do.

Apr 12, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
dniv said:

There is definitely going to be a second opening. Apart from Misaki, the current opening animation only covers material from the first arc.

I also think this season is looking to be better than the first. Really excited to see where the show goes after the first arc ends.
Apr 12, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2013 11:44 AM
Mar 2013
Blackbird said:
Haha I actually forgot about this anime but nice it's back.
It's all nice to see Misaka and the rest.
Touma at the end and love the music as always.
From I see from the opening song Touma will also have important part in this anime.
:D

Introduce the new character " The Queen " Misaki.

BTW: the queen is in the new upcoming light novel in Shinyamu Toaru no Index, the sequel light novel series to Index. So she will be a very importance character in the main storyline. This is cool.
Apr 12, 2013 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
dniv said:
CreationBreaker said:

Well, we already saw them change the plot in the first season. Why wouldn't they change the second season plot a little bit as well. It is possible, but probably unlikely.

Also, in the opening Touma looks pretty different in HD (lol). For example, they already introduced:

I think they are making the storyline slightly different. This means that even for those of us who read the manga (even the main plot points of the show will be entertaining).

No. Having Misaka get assisted by Touma and Kuroko COMPLETELY ruins the premise of the Sisters Arc-Mikoto side. The entire point of her raid on the institutions was that she did not want to involve anyone else in what she believed was HER burden to bear ALONE. Normally, OPs are misleading. I just wanted to point out that in this case, it is no different.

While Misaki (Queen) was introduced Post-Sisters Arc in the manga, her introduction can really be placed anywhere in the series so long as it doesn't interfere with the events of the Sisters Arc. As such, if she is introduced in the first episode, it doesn't break any flow of events.

Even with Level Upper in Season 1, the most they did was extend the flow of events. They are not going to destroy the basic flow of events or else multiple fans will riot.

From what I understand, there is no evidence that this will even span into the Summer 2013 season. As such, there is a chance that this will just be a 12-13 episode season, which would be perfectly fine. If there are 24 episodes, JC Staff would have to get another anime only arc since Kamachi-sensei is nowhere near finishing the Daihaseisai Arc in the Railgun manga. Either that or they could adapt the Liberal Arts City SS or the Shopping Mall Demonstration SS for the last 12 episodes.

dniv said:

BTW: the queen is in the new upcoming light novel in Shinyamu Toaru no Index, the sequel light novel series to Index. So she will be a very importance character in the main storyline. This is cool.

It's like people don't even read earlier posts. See Post 30.
Ashen_MikoApr 12, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
I just finished watching Railgun S1 yesterday so this will be a smooth transition. First episode was a good refresher while showing off some new characters such as Misaki (those sparkling eyes, blonde hair, stacked boobs, thigh highs).
Apr 12, 2013 11:51 AM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
dniv said:
CreationBreaker said:

No. Having Misaka get assisted by Touma and Kuroko COMPLETELY ruins the premise of the Sisters Arc-Mikoto side. The entire point of her raid on the institutions was that she did not want to involve anyone else in what she believed was HER burden to bear ALONE. Normally, OPs are misleading. I just wanted to point out that in this case, it is no different.

While Misaki (Queen) was introduced Post-Sisters Arc in the manga, her introduction can really be placed anywhere in the series so long as it doesn't interfere with the events of the Sisters Arc. As such, if she is introduced in the first episode, it doesn't break any flow of events.

Even with Level Upper in Season 1, the most they did was extend the flow of events. They are not going to destroy the basic flow of events or else multiple fans will riot.

From what I understand, there is no evidence that this will even span into the Summer 2013 season. As such, there is a chance that this will just be a 12-13 episode season, which would be perfectly fine. If there are 24 episodes, JC Staff would have to get another anime only arc since Kamachi-sensei is nowhere near finishing the Daihaseisai Arc in the Railgun manga. Either that or they could adapt the Liberal Arts City SS or the Shopping Mall Demonstration SS for the last 12 episodes.

dniv said:

Oh so I agree with the fact that she has to do it alone. I read the manga. I just mean that it would be cool if Touma like appeared in the Mugino battle or something.

More likely, he just was standing near accelerator when that happened... but I don't remember any scene like that...

Also, it has been announced to be 24 episodes. You can find that confirmation in many different places. It's already confirmed. So I was pretty happy when I found out about that. That was confirmed in March.
Apr 12, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2007
CreationBreaker said:

From what I understand, there is no evidence that this will even span into the Summer 2013 season. As such, there is a chance that this will just be a 12-13 episode season, which would be perfectly fine.

CreationBreaker said:

Please study up before making posts blatantly saying you don't know information that's extremely easily found - let alone when you follow it up complaining about someone else not reading things.

As for what they will do, I assume they'll go with how they did season 1 and spend the entire season expanding one arc and giving it more depth and an actual conclusion. The manga is great and all, but Kamachi is pretty shit at following through with the arcs he starts up. JC Staff always tends to do their own thing, which in some cases gets them hate but in others ends up with shows being better than the source material; which was the case in Railgun's first season. As long as they don't cut anything OUT, I don't care how much they add. I'd watch a full season of nothing but fillers as long as they were up to par with those in season 1.
TallonKarrde23Apr 12, 2013 12:04 PM
Apr 12, 2013 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:

Also, it has been announced to be 24 episodes. You can find that confirmation in many different places. It's already confirmed. So I was pretty happy when I found out about that. That was confirmed in March.

Hopefully the last 12 or so episodes are the two Railgun SS light novels which are yet to be adapted then. That would actually be a perfect segue into Index III since New Light is introduced in the Shopping Mall Demonstration SS and Xochitl is introduced in the Liberal Arts City SS. Going into an anime-original story should be the last thing JC Staff should do since availability of source material is not an issue unlike with season 1.

TallonKarrde23 said:

Please study up before making posts blatantly saying you don't know information that's extremely easily found - let alone when you follow it up complaining about someone else not reading things.

My bad.

TallonKarrde23 said:

As for what they will do, I assume they'll go with how they did season 1 and spend the entire season expanding one arc and giving it more depth and an actual conclusion. The manga is great and all, but Kamachi is pretty shit at following through with the arcs he starts up.

The Sisters Arc was originally meant to close up some of the issues brought up here. The issue with the anime-only arc in season 1 was that the Sisters Arc was at the beginning of the Sisters Arc in the manga or something like that at the time Season 1 and so JC Staff ran out of material at the time (Since the SS's weren't written at the time).

If you think that Kamachi is bad at following through on arcs, plot points, etc. Then you seriously need to read the Index novels so you can reformulate your judgement as I would say he does a pretty good job at following through with what he starts, even if it is not as immediately as you would want him to.
Ashen_MikoApr 12, 2013 12:07 PM

Apr 12, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:

As for what they will do, I assume they'll go with how they did season 1 and spend the entire season expanding one arc and giving it more depth and an actual conclusion. [\quote]

Do you think they might introduce Sogita and Kakine (very very very briefly) like in the manga possibly as filler? I mean it did happen in the manga... so it isn't impossible. It just doesn't exactly fit with the plot. I mean 24 episodes of that dark depressing plot would be amazing, but as we saw in the first episode, the found time to make it fun as well. So I think that will probably still go on. So maybe they will add fun things like that.

So this is just a prediction and it might be completely wrong, but here it is.

Hope that idea makes sense. I actually think it seems pretty logical.
Apr 12, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
Only watch the OP & I must say I like how it introduces all the related characters for the Sisters arc+The Queen.

Owh I stumble upon some Misaki's library scene gif, she looks.... different for some reason... maybe that I accustomed to the manga art for so long lol.

Ah looking all that Level 5 makes me happy, to bad Kakine & Sogita could not join in at the moment.
Apr 12, 2013 1:09 PM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
dniv said:

Hopefully the last 12 or so episodes are the two Railgun SS light novels which are yet to be adapted then. That would actually be a perfect segue into Index III since New Light is introduced in the Shopping Mall Demonstration SS and Xochitl is introduced in the Liberal Arts City SS. Going into an anime-original story should be the last thing JC Staff should do since availability of source material is not an issue unlike with season 1.

TallonKarrde23 said:

My bad.

TallonKarrde23 said:

As for what they will do, I assume they'll go with how they did season 1 and spend the entire season expanding one arc and giving it more depth and an actual conclusion. The manga is great and all, but Kamachi is pretty shit at following through with the arcs he starts up.

The Sisters Arc was originally meant to close up some of the issues brought up here. The issue with the anime-only arc in season 1 was that the Sisters Arc was at the beginning of the Sisters Arc in the manga or something like that at the time Season 1 and so JC Staff ran out of material at the time (Since the SS's weren't written at the time).

If you think that Kamachi is bad at following through on arcs, plot points, etc. Then you seriously need to read the Index novels so you can reformulate your judgement as I would say he does a pretty good job at following through with what he starts, even if it is not as immediately as you would want him to.

So I agree with you pretty much. Kamachi really does write excellent arcs. The SS's would be nice and the spin-off would also be nice as well. Everything would be amazing actually.

First, I give my trollish idea: Shirai and Touma in that scene are Unabara Mitsuki. He can look like other people (lol). JK that wouldn't make any sense really...

But I actually think what will happen is what I predicted above.

Also, I actually think Touma and Kuroko will be helping Misaka. They are changing the story. It's pretty obvious actually. Think about it. They want to include all four characters. Since they developed the other characters that much more in the anime, it makes sense to follow the sister's arc as if they were really good friends. It would be uncharacteristic of her especially after the end of season 1 not to go to her friends eventually. I mean Kuroko does notice things and I am pretty sure she will help. Furthermore, why did they introduce Touma in episode 1 at that scene. It wasn't really necessary was it? I think that they are just setting up for the two of them helping her throughout it.

I don't think J.C. staff revamping the manga is a problem because Kamachi does help them with the storylines. He would be really appauled by anything that broke off his very very intricate storyline which seems to have absolutely no inconsistencies or mistakes at all which is very impressive considering the size of the index universe. He would have okayed it just like he did for season 1. Plus Terestina is mentioned in the LN's... so that makes sense that she would be included. He put her in afterwards to make it canon. He doesn't like non-canon things apparently.

Kamachi has everything canon. If you read the railgun manga lol he even says that Endymion was always there, it was just out of the frame. The building was there, it was just never drawn, it wasn't a retco- (lol). Anyway, the point is I don't think Kamachi ever has anything uncanon after it has been animated. This is why I believe that the anime version is the official version of events and will reflect the Misaka that has friends but who still be facing her inner troubles, but will have help.

Anyway, trying to reconcile the fact that Touma shouldn't have known what was going on in the first place really actually doesn't make any sense... It doesn't at all... unless J.C. staff and Kamachi really came up with something amazing this time to explain it all.

This is all just guessing, but it definitely does make some sense I think.
dnivApr 12, 2013 1:13 PM
Apr 12, 2013 1:13 PM
Apr 2013
This is the only thin that made me happy xD

Apr 12, 2013 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
All I can say.. A Certain Red Magi spin-off when? never.. ;_;
Apr 12, 2013 1:31 PM
Mar 2013
Veniamin said:
All I can say.. A Certain Red Magi spin-off when? never.. ;_;

Lol
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.