Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2013 2:17 AM

Sep 2010
Grace is so cute. I want. :3
Apr 8, 2013 2:53 AM

May 2010
I did think that this anime is interesting but I now it's one of my favorite this season
Apr 8, 2013 3:09 AM

Feb 2012
Great first episode, looking forward to the next ones. This might be one of the best animes this season has. Loved the art, the voice acting and the whole concept. Also, Red seems to be an interesting character.

Kiraly said:
“What she just said relates to reproducing with your mother, as well as fresh excrement.”

BWAHAHAHA FANTASTIC

That was genius xD
Apr 8, 2013 3:36 AM
Oct 2012
The mecha's AI voice sounds familiar... Oh wait, it's Switch-kun! The "something about intercourse with your mother and fresh excrement" bit is gold!
Apr 8, 2013 3:53 AM

Dec 2012
I enjoyed the first ep. It was a visual treat for sure. We'll see where it ends up though.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 8, 2013 3:55 AM

Mar 2010
Uh... I really looked forward to this anime but now I have really no idea what to think of it. The first part with the battle was amazing and I loved it so much. Then... it got so boring that I started skipping forward randomly. I didn't even lose any information. Seriously, after the literal time jump, NOTHING HAPPENED! It's a pity to think how epic this could have been had it focused on the war. Such a waste of potential... Whatever, I'll keep watching, maybe something will happen and it gets good again.
Apr 8, 2013 4:32 AM

Aug 2010
This one came at me out of nowhere.

First half was nice. The battle actually looked like a battle was going on. The other mecha anime I've watched this season (Majestic Prince) didn't even come close to this.

Then we get the unlucky wormhole jump and it went from good to great. I liked how they set up a language barrier at first, and how Chamber deciphered this language. I think it only went so fast because he had some old material from earth in his database, so he was able to use this as reference)

The art style is great, too, and the colors are beautiful. Also, I like Amy. She looks like she's spunky.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 8, 2013 5:20 AM
Aug 2012
Yeah I'm liking it so far. Though the sound in the battles were underwhelming. It's got good animation and the characters seem likable so far.
Red looks like he has personality. Maybe not the most unique, but looks like he wont be a bore to watch.
Apr 8, 2013 5:37 AM

Dec 2011
Well, this was awesome.
Apr 8, 2013 5:53 AM

Nov 2012
Very very promising, I have high expectations for this.
Apr 8, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2008
zmx2513 said:
The mecha's AI voice sounds familiar... Oh wait, it's Switch-kun! The "something about intercourse with your mother and fresh excrement" bit is gold!

I bet she's saying something like "Piss off" or "Mother f**cker"
LOL
The AI robot is certainly the best part of this premiere episode.
Apr 8, 2013 7:03 AM

Mar 2013
HikaruIzumi said:
Uh... I really looked forward to this anime but now I have really no idea what to think of it. The first part with the battle was amazing and I loved it so much. Then... it got so boring that I started skipping forward randomly. I didn't even lose any information. Seriously, after the literal time jump, NOTHING HAPPENED! It's a pity to think how epic this could have been had it focused on the war. Such a waste of potential... Whatever, I'll keep watching, maybe something will happen and it gets good again.

That blows my mind that you lacked the patience to sit through 4 minutes of important world-building. The beginning, though not exciting, is obviously important because it subtly explained details about their Darwinist-military society and what kind of lives the people in it are expected to live [without info-dumping].
StickyWizardApr 8, 2013 7:06 AM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 8, 2013 7:05 AM

Jul 2011
Pusswookie said:
HikaruIzumi said:

That blows my mind that you lacked the patience to sit through 4 minutes of important world-building. The beginning really smoothly reveals details about their Darwinist-military society and what kind of lives the people in it are expected to live [without info-dumping].

Agree.
Apr 8, 2013 7:14 AM
Jun 2009
Previously, we had Hataraku Maou-sama, and now we have Suisei no Gargantia of Gibberish language speaking characters (?). Very entertaining to hear the seiyuu's efforts in reading their scripts.
Anyway, the pilot episode was very well done and entertaining. It literally made me not to wink too much-- That's also how much of an eye candy the animation was.
Apr 8, 2013 7:18 AM

Dec 2010
zenith_kim94 said:
Previously, we had Hataraku Maou-sama, and now we have Suisei no Gargantia of Gibberish language speaking characters (?). Very entertaining to hear the seiyuu's efforts in reading their scripts.
Anyway, the pilot episode was very well done and entertaining. It literally made me not to wink too much-- That's also how much of an eye candy the animation was.
That's exactly what I was thinking, because I watched Suisei right after Hataraku. It's really funny hearing them talk (though Hataraku's gibberish sounded more forced and overall more entertaining).
Apr 8, 2013 7:23 AM
Jun 2008
The space battle was rather boring and I did not know wtf happen, but thing start to get interesting when Red fell into an unknown dismantling workshop.

Somehow the world setting remind me of star craft.The only difference is that Earth become more primitive than I imagine.I wonder are those futuristic civilization are banished prisoner from Earth as well lol
Apr 8, 2013 7:25 AM
Jun 2009
kentaseo said:
zenith_kim94 said:
That's exactly what I was thinking, because I watched Suisei right after Hataraku. It's really funny hearing them talk (though Hataraku's gibberish sounded more forced and overall more entertaining).

I agree. Hahaha. But I guess that's also because it's one of Hataraku Maou-sama's 'comedy' factors, but it was just an additional element for the story in Suisei no Gargantia. Furthermore, the gibberish lines were longer in HatarakuMaou, and considering the characters' situations, those lines were really aimed for making the viewers laugh, or at least, to be entertained. :D

On the other hand, we might not hear much of gibberish talking in Suisei soon enough, because the robot was already analyzing the humans' language.
Apr 8, 2013 7:29 AM
Apr 2011
Wow, nice mecha, those fighting scene is awesome....
And when he drift to earth, the scenery is awesome....

Anyone notice, where is the gun after he opened the door in the ending???
the gun is gone when he supprised with the sceenery outside...

>.<
Apr 8, 2013 7:33 AM
Jun 2009
sukanime said:
Wow, nice mecha, those fighting scene is awesome....
And when he drift to earth, the scenery is awesome....

Anyone notice, where is the gun after he opened the door in the ending???
the gun is gone when he supprised with the sceenery outside...

>.<

It disappeared for a while... then it was right in his hand when the squirrel launched an attack on his face... And he has it until the episode ends.

LOOOL. Seems like the episode was not entirely perfect.
Apr 8, 2013 7:35 AM

Jan 2012
Loved the animation.
Apr 8, 2013 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
Interesting premise, I've got high hopes for this one.
Apr 8, 2013 8:24 AM

Jul 2008
Amarrez said:
Also, anyone else reminded of Macross in the first half?

Anyways, good episode.

Agreed! This episode really sent out a lot of Macross Frontier vibes which is probably why I enjoyed it. Great actors and animation, as well as a balance between the fighting and character interactions.
Apr 8, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2011
interesting.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 8, 2013 8:33 AM

Mar 2008
This actually reminded me of a ZnT/FMP! Fanfic that I read before, where Sousuke got teleported to Halkegenia and ran around the entire academy in confusion, threatening people with his gun and taking people hostage but couldn't understand what anybody was saying due to language difference.
Apr 8, 2013 8:59 AM

May 2012
That was really enjoyable ~

It's gonna be a pain waiting for the next episode as CR's quite a delay this time...still, it'll be fine. Really liked how they pulled the language thing, it was an interesting twist on things.
I also wonder if maybe he slipped through time some? Or did Earth really just slip into the shadows outside the view of others?
Lastly, I feel like that thing they were trying to destroy, wasn't really something 'evil' or that should have been destroyed. But, eh, we'll probably see
Definitely one of the better shows of the season!
Apr 8, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2012
Quite good, looking forward to ep2.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 8, 2013 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, this first episode is great. I'm really excited for this anime.

Visuals look great (animations, colors, overall drawing and the style) and also the ost seems very good.
Apr 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2012
First ep is awesome..looks like this one is going to be interesting, i hope!
Too bad it's only 12ep..i fear they might rush the plot and what seems like very promising anime it turns out very shallow at the end...If there were, for example 24 eps...i wouldn't have this doubts.
Well...we'll see ;)
Apr 8, 2013 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
First Impression:

Story

Interesting. A guy from the super future fighting space Ammonoidea in a mecha gets through a worm hole and ends up on earth (possible past).
That's pretty much all there is so far.

Animation

Vivid colors, very neon. I'm not too sure if I like it but it's definitively special.

Who did the character designs?
I personally can't stand them...
Also a lot of cgi, but not bad at least. Still compared to SnK, this comes not even close.

Characters

Well too sketchy atm to tell anything. All I can say I don't like their designs.
And I hate critters. Fucking squirrel will annoy me the entire series.

Sound

No OP
Bad ED
General music was forgettable.
VA was okay, not really amazing. I didn't like the narrator in the beginning.

Enjoyment

4/5

Not bad despite its flaws, I am looking forward to the next ep.
The concept is good enough to keep me hooked, but if this show fails, it's clear Gen Urobuchi is a hack.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 8, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2011
animation looks good, mechs look cool, cute girls, and some funny stuff

only bad thing i see is Gen GuroButcher is writing the script
fuuuuuuuuuuckbaaalls
Brigs77Apr 8, 2013 10:16 AM
Apr 8, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
Finally.... Awesome anime for this season.... High production values and unique setting.... and plot will be awesome as UroButcher is the series compositor....

5/5
Apr 8, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep 4.5/5 looks like a very promising sereis, but Uro? The script writer?..........god fuck im scared. I wonder how he's gonna fuck with us this time. Anyway ill just expect the worse outcome instead of a 'happy ending' lol.
Apr 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
The first episode of Gargantia surprised me from all points of view, not just nice animation but also chraracter design and backdrops well realizzati.In addition there is the CG that is well crafted and is full of colors, both warm and cold! spectacular this series is if it manages to have a plot and a good story. Top marks!
Apr 8, 2013 11:46 AM
Dec 2012
Great beginnig!!
Apr 8, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2007
Hearing Sugita was such a surprise. I WANT THAT ROBOT

The battle was dull, but the rest was interesting. It should be fun to see where the story goes. Urobuchi has yet to disappoint me~~
Apr 8, 2013 12:23 PM

Mar 2013
Can we also talk about the OST which was absolutely gorgeous ?
Apr 8, 2013 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
i had no idea what was going on the first twelve minutes, but at least it looked impressive and the mc is a freaking cutie.

the second half wasn't that confusing, fortunately. the first thing i noticed were the colors. so apparently that show isn't just colorful when it comes to the space, but also when it comes to the characters. and i like it a lot. the characters looked pretty nice and a bit different from what i'm used to.

all in all a really enjoyable and impressive first episode. i really haven't expected to enjoy it that much. i'm excited about the next one.
Apr 8, 2013 1:20 PM
Feb 2012
I like it. Definitely watchable so far.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 8, 2013 2:16 PM

Oct 2011
Like it and enjoy it!! Can't wait to see if this series manage to develop into sth. great!
Signature
Apr 8, 2013 2:22 PM
Jul 2012
I really like it. Characters seem interesting thus far, and have lots of potential. The setting is interesting, and the animation is great.
I like pie.
Apr 8, 2013 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
All that talking... it feels like Pyscho-Pass all over again xD

Yup, Urobuchi is back with his long-ass conversational monologue. It helped the world-building very well, but dragged the opening battle a bit.

Other than that, the battle was fantastic. It's been a while since I watched a mecha anime, so I relished all that made-up scientific jargon greatly.

Second half of the episode was fine. One small detail though: Red was wearing an advanced military protection suit. why was he scared by those primitive guns? lol

Out of the three Mecha this season, I'm hyped for this and Valvrave. Uro and Production I.G have delivered, next up is Sunrise xD
Apr 8, 2013 3:13 PM

Dec 2012
My eyes were hurting real bad in the first ten minutes of the episode, didn't really understand what was going on, only up to the part where Ledo was taking matters into his own hands. But the story really began when he arrives on earth and meets our primitive race, lol. I think its very intersting that the only thing that connects Ledo to his world is that Robot A.I.. Awesome start I'm excited to see what unfolds.
DON'T BELIEVE IN THE HYPE, ITS ALL JUST PART OF A MASTER PLAN
Apr 8, 2013 3:16 PM
Oct 2010
ThangLong said:

Second half of the episode was fine. One small detail though: Red was wearing an advanced military protection suit. why was he scared by those primitive guns? lol

Out of the three Mecha this season, I'm hyped for this and Valvrave. Uro and Production I.G have delivered, next up is Sunrise xD

Well two reasons could be why -

1. Pilots more than likely aren't wearing body armour, it more than likely is just a space suit.

2. He has no idea what their weapons do, they could be as dangerous as his for all he knows.

I am also looking forward to Valvrave, but it looks like gundam 00 so I'm going in with super super super low expectations.
Apr 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
I liked this first episode. It begins strongly with an epic space battle albeit a little hard to follow at times but it still looked amazing. Then with have the second half on the different yet familiar water-world. I adore the character designs and animation is top notch. I expected nothing less for Production I.G. but still. Overall, it was a good solid episode and I am wanting see more from SnG.
Apr 8, 2013 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
skudoops said:

1. Pilots more than likely aren't wearing body armour, it more than likely is just a space suit.

This has pretty high possibility, not from a realistic standpoint (we are looking at a whole new level of technology here), but from the plot standpoint: Red will not have to struggle in the story if he is invincible.

skudoops said:

2. He has no idea what their weapons do, they could be as dangerous as his for all he knows.

His AI recognized all the tools as primitive pretty fast. It can also understand the whole ancient language by few spoken words. So I'm sure it only takes a second to know what guns are.

skudoops said:

I am also looking forward to Valvrave, but it looks like gundam 00 so I'm going in with super super super low expectations.

Looking at the trailer, I expect it will be amazing :)
Apr 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2011
That was way better than I expected. Especially that last scene when Chamber stated they were on Earth. His expression was awesome!

Glad I picked this up!
Apr 8, 2013 5:01 PM

Mar 2009
The girls were so damn cute/hot, especially Bellows and Ridgett. Whoever designed the characters deserves to be showered with riches.

That was a great first episode, and easily my favorite of the new season(still haven't watched Attack on Titan). This is an odd work for Urobuchi, so I'm curious to see what he's going to do with it. He once said he's incapable of making something happy, but who knows with this one. This may just be the anime that comes along and proves Urobuchi's versatility as a writer.
Apr 8, 2013 5:19 PM

Feb 2008
The first half was kinda boring. Random action, over the top attacks etc. The second half was mediocre. Probably a weaker start than Majestic Prince, but it has more potential to become good. Looking forward to next episodes.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 8, 2013 5:32 PM
Sep 2009
Mormegil said:
still haven't watched Attack on Titan

After Suisei no Gargantia you may disappoint in Attack on Titan.
Apr 8, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
The first half was nonsense to me. lol I don't particularly enjoy that kind of action. But half way through this episode, it started catching my attention.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.