Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, so this series concluded today.

I guess it alright. Regarding the finale, the night scenes were kinda tense. One thing I did wish was that the series' Mage got more screen time. Well, it's good to see her again in this episode.

Well the finale episode was okay. Lol @ the conversation between Demon Queen and Female Knight. So priceless XD along with the song at the end with the brief scenes.
Mar 29, 2013 9:50 AM
Dec 2012
Good finale. Especially the ending with the powerful song was very impressive. And lol @ Maou vs Knight. Wonder which will win his heart. Also, I wonder how the war will go. It felt like there'd be season 2.
Mar 29, 2013 10:00 AM

Feb 2013
Hope there is another season
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Mar 29, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
LOL at this scene at ending credit

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 29, 2013 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
worst anime i watched this season
Mar 29, 2013 10:52 AM

Feb 2012
I hope there's a second season!
Mar 29, 2013 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
eminagnam said:
Good finale. Especially the ending with the powerful song was very impressive. And lol @ Maou vs Knight. Wonder which will win his heart. Also, I wonder how the war will go. It felt like there'd be season 2.

Why not both? I think it's already been indicated that they are willing to share. (polyamorous pagan proclivities on display here)

It looks like a season two, particularly with the revelation that the whole war is being orchestrated to keep the church in total control of most of the human world. (Although giving the blue demons a large foothold in the human world in exchange for their services probably ranks up with the U.S. arming the Taliban to drive the Soviets out of Afghanistan as one of the great strategic blunders of all time.)

I think this show has been an 8/10 largely due to the underlying concept and the parallels to human technological and social "progress". The main criticism I would levy is that at times they seem to assume a detailed knowledge of the source material so we get quick cuts between major scenes or small time skips from one high point in the action to another without any explanation of what has happened in between. You are left wondering where did this character come from and why are they suddenly playing such a major role, didn't they just appear for a few seconds in a previous episode?

Anyway, now that they have discovered Liberalism, doesn't that mean they get a free technology?
rodacMar 29, 2013 11:09 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 29, 2013 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
WrathSC said:

http://sukiandryn.tumblr.com/post/22362257193/me-after-a-long-night-of-playing-with-terrible

Any news of a second season? Is there even enough manga/light novel to make one yet?
Roy Mustang is my hero
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress? think about it
If u say plz because its shorter than please, ill say no kuz its shorter than yes
Mar 29, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
so weak...
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 29, 2013 11:06 AM
Aug 2011
What a damn snoozefest.

Of course the most entertaining thing in this episode would be the Hero's face being smothered by boobs.
Mar 29, 2013 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
WrathSC said:

I agree that it was a disappointment, but people with a Guilty Crown avatar shouldn't be so confident in their judgement....
NidhoeggrMar 29, 2013 11:23 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 29, 2013 11:18 AM

Jun 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
WrathSC said:

I agree that it was a disappointment, but people with a Guilty Crown avatar shoudln't be so confident in their judgement....

Judging people, because they like something is irrational. You should ask people, why they like something. However, a normal human doesn't want to spend so much time for one another in his lack of time, patience and motivation.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 29, 2013 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
It was ok..
Story : 6,5
Animation : 6,5
Art : 6,5
Music/Sound : 7
Character : 7
Enjoyment : 6,7

Overall : 6,7
Mar 29, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't really feel that conclusive.

Well it wasn't that bad.

Loved Mage...she's cute and pretty hilarious hehe.

I lol'd so much at Yuusha overdoing his flashiness XDXDXDXD

Well, I wonder if another season will be made? 7.5/10
Mar 29, 2013 11:25 AM

Aug 2011
Best moment

This was one of the most average shows ever made.

7/10
Mar 29, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2009
Kyube said:
Nidhoeggr said:
WrathSC said:

I agree that it was a disappointment, but people with a Guilty Crown avatar shoudln't be so confident in their judgement....

Judging people, because they like something is irrational. You should ask people, why they like something. However, a normal human doesn't want to spend so much time for one another in his lack of time, patience and motivation.

He rates everything a ten...
He doesn't understand how the rating system works, so I doubt he will give a sufficient answer in regards to the plot or technical aspects of this series when being compared to other Winter 2013 titles.

Anyway, a second season would be nice but I really dislike the character design, the lack of depth in several subplots, the amount of material that was cut-short and the overall directing was only medicore.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 29, 2013 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
I liked it a lot,it sure if you don't like things like social development,most of episodes are full conversation,and criticism about society,etc you will hate something like that.

Since the church orchestra some kind a holy war i would be glad to see a new season,also if it comes will have a lot of more action,and i want to see maou and yuusha at full power in battle :3

I give it 8/10 i enjoyed seeing this,and i hope to read and see a next season someday too.
Mar 29, 2013 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this anime, though I think it was way too short. Would have been better as two-cour anime.

Lol again at the OP hero.

And the Mage is damn entertaining (though I didn't understand what the thing with the three mages was)

And Hero in squishy-hell was win ^^
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Apr 2011
For me, it was quite a letdown. I had some hope that it would be similar to Spice and Wolf, just because of the similar setting and the same Seiyuu for the main two characters and I even liked the first few episodes very much.
But it was just...boring to watch for me. I'm not saying it was bad. It had a lot of enjoyable moments, just not that many.
Because that's how my rating system works, this is a 6/10 for me. If it would have been any worse, I wouldn't have finished it. It was just enough to enjoy watching a bit I guess.

EDIT: Also, if MAL finally would mark this Anime as finished, I could also do so in my list...why does it say it is airing until tomorrow...?
MikuLove39Mar 29, 2013 12:45 PM
Mar 29, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2013
this anime could have been good
Mar 29, 2013 11:59 AM
Jan 2012
They stuck true to the source material, because that's only how far the novel has gone, it's a bit of a shame since there is so much to expand on, and so many unexplored plots.

There probably will be a second season, no, must be a second season, but I think it will take a long time to produce enough material for another anime :(

Overall, great anime, a bit too fast for me and the ending felt weird, but the concept was great and the story was awsome :D

Damn hell the HERO is SO OP!!!!
Mar 29, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2009
> And the Mage is damn entertaining (though I didn't understand what the thing with the three mages was)

She just has a split personality.

Main problem of the series is total opposite to one with S&W. Spice and Wolf was adapted to slow so they adapted to small part of the story and need a lot more seasons to adapt it all. This time they adapted the story too fast. But it still was a good ride overall. 9/10 from me.
Mar 29, 2013 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
Just watched the last episode and happy with it (Maoyuu vs Hero could have been better) they didn't go with a orignal ending as I feared and basically set up a 2nd season.

Loved the charactors and story it had just the right amount of comedy and seriousness to keep me interested, just wish the mage had turned up sooner.

Over all despite a few pacing issues near the end and the wasted episode this was by far my favorite and near enough the only anime this season that I've watched all the way though.

This was my shining beacon among the mediocre moe,fanservice trash that was the rest of this season so gets a solid 9/10 from me.

Mar 29, 2013 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
Well, I personally loved it. I loved how much this series was fun to watch and how my education actually supplemented the fun-factor in learning from Maou and the rest of the gang. The anime was short and sweet and kept me wanting more from the get-go but this is merely a prelude for more to come..right? I mean I hope there's a season 2 and you know, they could always improve the quality of the show with that. :D
Mar 29, 2013 12:15 PM

Feb 2011
It was OK, all I'm saying.

6/10.
Mar 29, 2013 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
Did they seriously have to make the animation so QUALITY in the last damn episode?

I mean, Maou's boobs just shrunk and OH GOD Female Knight's face.
Mar 29, 2013 12:42 PM
Mar 2010
That was an amazingly average series. Very little character development, subplots werent fleshed out at all, and they bring up an important part of the main plot on the last episode. Despite this though, I was fairly entertained and got quite a few lolz moments.

Overall 7/10
Mar 29, 2013 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
Obligatory not enough fight scenes for my ADD to enjoy boring anime.

Thoroughly enjoyed this series. Hoping for another season, or at least that the LNs get translated.
Mar 29, 2013 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
Hehe, "I gave it to him". XD
Also, do something "flashy". XD
Really enjoyable, really needs another season.

Mar 29, 2013 12:56 PM

Feb 2011
This finale was so bad I can't even woah ..... 7/10 because of the few exciting battle scenes
Mar 29, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
Well aside from the execution of the show, the story itself is incredibly intricate. It shows that the systems in placed today are from an introduction of new concepts and revolutionary items spanning over hundreds of years.

So, I'll give it a 7 because it was 'good' in that regard; however, after seeing that episode where that 'Serf' gave her stance, I'll happily bump it up to an 8.

Not surprising that many wouldn't find this show enjoyable. They're either still too young, or lack half of a brain. The latter tends to be the case.
Mar 29, 2013 1:02 PM
May 2012
about this anime!!!well it was not bad!but there was no action,no twist,almost ignorable plot,no comedy,no thriller,no mystery,not at least bit interesting!!!
It's more like i have been watching 22 minutes episode with no feelings whatsoever!simply a country building with only summary!!!! those who liked it please tell what were this anime's good ponts!
it didn't have any bad points either!simply this anime was boring!
well!the speech was great but what the hell there isn't a single thing i was looking forward to in this anime!!!!
simply boring!!!
ijenMar 29, 2013 1:10 PM
Mar 29, 2013 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
7/10 - slight dissapointment as it could have been great. If only they would expand events that were already shown, those were interesting but not enough time to tell more.
It might work better with 24 episodes.

On the other side I liked Maou's and Hero interactions, or Maid Ane's development (not to mention that speech of hers).
Mar 29, 2013 1:22 PM

Dec 2009
4/10

A neat idea, but the execution was poor. In the end, it was mostly confusing and told in a bad way. Looking at maps 24/7 is not exciting. Show us instead!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 29, 2013 1:26 PM
Oct 2012
I know what you meant, but this:

KevinRammstein said:
It had a lot of enjoyable moments, just not that many.

is pretty funny.

Nice idea, but it sort of reminded me of that episode with the Simpson's where they meet George Lucas and they made fun of how slow the "Phantom Menace" was. The 8 minute scene on crop rotation was what did me in.
Mar 29, 2013 1:31 PM
Oct 2010
If the last episode didn't scream "to be continued", nothing does.

I honestly enjoyed it, though I admit it could have been done far better with more detailed development and less "cliche" scenes..It was so fast paced that at times that I thought I was watching a recap. XD

Also, with the high amount of cursory elements, I was left with the impression that the producers/director wanted to please a too large audience. Though I'm sure it's just an impression...

Whatever the case, I wish for a second season, but I won't hold my breath as I don't have high hopes on it doing well enough on sales.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 29, 2013 1:41 PM
Apr 2010
Ajunky said:

Seriously.... It's almost irritating how open the "ending" is in terms of the global economics going on, as well as the love plot...
Mar 29, 2013 1:48 PM
Nov 2012
Flipside101 said:
Ajunky said:

Seriously.... It's almost irritating how open the "ending" is in terms of the global economics going on, as well as the love plot...

It was mentioned earlier in the discussion - the source material only goes up to here. They skipped over too much of the source material, and finished out the 1cour like this most likely to make a second season more likely.

I haven't read the source material myself, so I don't know how accurately the adaptation was performed. Overall, it was thought-provoking and entertaining - but the thread makes me feel I'm the only one who enjoyed it.

Then again, I am always too liberal with ratings.
Mar 29, 2013 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
Could have easily been better. Not Spic & Wolf good but still good. Also, it's one of those anime that doesn't give names out. Real names. *Cough* Humanity Has Declined *cough*
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 29, 2013 2:04 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"Flashier, huh? How's this?"

"Opps..."
Mar 29, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
It started really good and had a nice premise but the execution was lackluster.

Overall 4/10
[center]
Mar 29, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2012
Did not feel like an ending, it was sort of confusing throughout most of it. It started good but slowly veered off 6/10

Mar 29, 2013 2:28 PM

Dec 2011
Interesting series overall, but it was really hard for me to watch it. 6/10
Mar 29, 2013 2:31 PM
Mar 2013
So...I still want to see what's on the other side of that hill.
Mar 29, 2013 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
man wat an end cmon 2nd season?
I want moar
Moar battle
who gets Yuusha huh, Knight or Maou-sama
Mar 29, 2013 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
Disappointing ending. It seemed to imply that there would be a second season, and I sincerely hope so, because the ending was really weak.

But I really think that the socio-politicial/historical themes made this anime really interesting.

The people who thought this anime was poor must either not be very well versed in the history of Europe, or they just don't find history/political/religious struggles interesting.

There are a lot of underlying themes to this anime that people cannot understand right off the bat, if they do not know or appreciate basis for a lot of the storyline.
Mar 29, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
Second season now pl0x. OR ELSE.
Mar 29, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
I know what you meant, but this:

KevinRammstein said:
It had a lot of enjoyable moments, just not that many.

is pretty funny.

Nice idea, but it sort of reminded me of that episode with the Simpson's where they meet George Lucas and they made fun of how slow the "Phantom Menace" was. The 8 minute scene on crop rotation was what did me in.

Haha yeah XD
Of course I wanted to say "It had SOME enjoyable moments, just not that many." ;-)
Mar 29, 2013 3:11 PM
Nov 2012
they didnt need to squeeze it into 12 episodes. since its gonna be a long time till theres source material for another season.

It only lost a lot of its massive potential.
Mar 29, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I guess I liked the series overall. Mainly because it reminded me so much of Spice and Wolf with the same main cast, director and overall feel. Bet you didn't see that comment coming.

One thing that bothered me though is that I wouldn't call this an ending. And I doubt we'll get any continuation.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

464 by lorwne »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.