Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2013 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was expecting a huge fight based on what happened last time in the beginning. But seemed to be more tense with the dialogues than anything else. Oh and Aika's expressions were peculiar to watch.

Oh well, I guess the fight part did take place. Nice. Damn, poor Hakaze. RUN, RUN, RUN. Guess, she's too late again. ;.;

I will say that this little mini arc so far was okay. I am glad that Hakaze and Aika met. I was also curious on how their interactions would be like and got what I expected it. 5/5.
Mar 7, 2013 10:11 AM

May 2009
Mar 7, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode, I can't say it wasn't predictable though. This is exactly what I thought was going to happen,
there is a line between foreshadowing and giving away what's going to happen that the writers of this obviously can't see, regardless it is still a great show.
aspectreMar 7, 2013 12:31 PM
Mar 7, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
Just wow the way everything in this show is neatly interwoven in each other is an accomplishment that very few shows can achieve. How elegant.

This week's episode just made my outlook on the previous 20 episodes even better than I already liked them. Fuwa Aika killing herself so Hakaze can meet Yoshino/Mahiro so they can kill the Tree of Genesis. As I said up top, Zetsuen ties everything together in such an elegant bow you can't help but just be in awe of it. Also the purposeful reminiscence of theatrical execution only adds to the overall experience of the plot and the character interactions that occur. After Aika only explained half of what she was talking about, I knew that Hakaze would try to stop her out of her feelings for Yoshino/Mahiro and what they went through after her death. God Blast of Tempest....
Mar 7, 2013 12:44 PM
Nov 2012
Wonderful adaptation, BONES you didn't disappoint and my favorite quote of that scene "I am the victim, the detective and the culprit!" was adapted very well.
That Aika was the Mage was always a possibility, I'm sure everyone at some point considered the possibility if only for a moment.
And following that reasoning like Aika made, the answer about who the culprit was clear although they could always make a random character appear or some incident where she gets accidentally killed. But this series isn't like that and despite its degree of predictability it is enjoyable to see.

Changing the topic, people will now stop saying that Hanemura isn't the real mage of Exodus, people don't give him much credit when he only learned to use his powers after meeting Hakaze&co.

Next episode we will see the most epic moment of Hanemura and in a couple of days the last chapter of the manga is going to be out.
Mar 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode. I still like Hakaze more than Aika.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 7, 2013 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
I think there were better episodes than this but for some reason I enjoyed it more than any of the previous 20. Just 3 episodes left. Can’t wait.
Mar 7, 2013 1:11 PM
Oct 2011
I absolutely loved the adaptation this time around, they made sure Aika really shined! I absolutely adore her, squeeee! Her brief Sherlock Holmes scene was baffling.

It broke my heart during the last several minutes, especially when Hakaze found Aika, it made me like Hakaze alot more considering I find her annoying to a point. The manga didn't even make me sad or like Hakaze at all, and for the anime to do so is really something for me. I think they actually would be somewhat friends if Aika had lived, you know...not including the fact they love the same guy.

Aika > Hakaze; in terms of romance and strength...and alot of other things.

This episode answered MOST of the questions. Aika's main motivation is her love towards Yoshino and Mahiro which I find endearing.

As for the anime-added scenes I found it a little strange that they had Hakaze walk to Aika right before Aika punched her, since in the manga Aika 'flew' from the top to punch Hakaze when she lost her momentarily cool because of Hakaze making Yoshino cry. They also didn't include the scene where Aika buttons up Hakaze's shirt. WHY?

OH, next episode will make Hanemura more....great. If he hones up his skills, he could be Aika-Strong or even surpass her.
Mar 7, 2013 1:24 PM
Sep 2012
Aika doing what needs to be done like a boss. She didn't even care that much that she died. One of my fave characters.
Mar 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
Oh Aika, this episode reminded me again why I love you.
Safe to click

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
joshlul said:
Good episode, I can't say it wasn't predictable though. This is exactly what I thought was going to happen,
there is a line between foreshadowing and giving away what's going to happen that the writers of this obviously can't see, regardless it is still a great show.

They no doubt knew that everyone would get it.
Even so, a writer would continue writing as if nobody got it. Not every revelation is targeted at the reader: often it is targeted at the characters themselves and in order to improve the story ("ass-twists" can sometimes hurt it more than obvious choices).
Mar 7, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2010
Aika is one stupid bitch, just had to said that

this had been one trollish series. lol

Selfish
HydnlifeMar 7, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 7, 2013 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
That fight was... unsurprisingly one sided, still awesome though!
Overall I'm happy with that episode, clears lots of questions and it was a pretty good quality episode.
Mar 7, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
No matter what others say, I loved it. Every second of it. Aikas theory makes sense, when you look at it from future perspective. None of it would happen if she didn't die, and many more bad things could've happened.

Great episode, Aika once again proving she's one of the best characters in this show. Looking forward to seeing how it resolves in the next 3 episodes. I'm seriously sad there's not going to be second season (well, there's no sense to have it) since this is without a doubt one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
Mar 7, 2013 2:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fallen_Lullaby said:
I absolutely loved the adaptation this time around, they made sure Aika really shined! I absolutely adore her, squeeee! Her brief Sherlock Holmes scene was baffling.

This episode answered MOST of the questions. Aika's main motivation is her love towards Yoshino and Mahiro which I find endearing.

Aika is seriously one of my favorite female character ever, I love how easily she came to the conclusion that she herself was the culprit, the cause behind her death. And I also love her for willing to sacrifice herself to save Yoshino and Mahiro. She was badass in that fighting scene, she had a lot of time to think about things during that fight XD Her confidence is overwhelming. I still don't really care much for Hakaze, I understand that she doesn't want Aika to die because Yoshino and Mahiro are still suffering because of Aika's death, but if had thought about her own "logic" a little, she would've realized that them suffering is better than them dying. And I still don't see how it would be anymore logical for Hakaze to kill Aika instead of having Aika commit suicide. Either way, Aika's death would serve the same purpose. But it's sad that Hakaze felt that she couldn't do anything to save Aika :/ and that when she was walking away from Mahiro's house, Yoshino ran past her.
Mar 7, 2013 2:19 PM

May 2012
I found Aika so graceful in this fight. And she is way too powerful than Hakaze.. That end also where Yoshino passed by Hakaze!!! hehe.. really love time travel episodes..
Mar 7, 2013 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
I enjoy episodes like this where it is mainly dialogue driven but the fight was pretty nice as well. Also am i the only one that thought Aika's sword looked like one of the Di-Swords from Chaos;Head?

Mar 7, 2013 2:24 PM
Nov 2012
Fallen_Lullaby said:

It broke my heart during the last several minutes, especially when Hakaze found Aika, it made me like Hakaze alot more considering I find her annoying to a point. The manga didn't even make me sad or like Hakaze at all, and for the anime to do so is really something for me. I think they actually would be somewhat friends if Aika had lived, you know...not including the fact they love the same guy.

Well, that's debatable .. considering what Aika said about Mahiro not being nice to her from the start (implying she would have gone with him instead)

I'd say she was too nice to be a two-timer, but she definitely wanted to bang with Mahiro too.
Mar 7, 2013 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
You gotta love Aika for this episode. Cant figure why people complain about it being predictable. This story was not probably intended to be an awesome mistery, but deliver epic characters. As predictable as it was, Aika killed herself without the least trace of doubt, while ALL fucking similar scenes are usually covered in drama in order to seem believable, this one was just mindblowingly straight to the point yet credible and touching.

I will probably never be able to praise this show enough, simply because of its weirdness, to some extent.
Mar 7, 2013 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
The difference in strength between the 2 mages was surprisingly overwhelming.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 7, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2011
I more or less knew that Aika was mage of Exodus and that she commited suicide,when Samon said that killler wasnt anybody from Kusaribe clan and Mage of Exodus would be only one, who could slip past that"killer findier spell".
Mar 7, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
Interesting episode. I still like Hakaze more than Aika.
same but they did make aika much more of a.....well she was actually a character for once, all previous instances of her she was nothing more than a means to move the plot, this time she actually had a personality and character to her.....too bad shes probably not gonna have any more screen time here on out.

Anyhow loved the episode, and thats coming from a guy thats been disappointed with every single ep since 13. The animation and ost was top notch this episode, just saying this song right here really sold aika's death for me, this magnificently epic, tragic yet hopeful song completly fit the mood of what was going on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2013 2:46 PM
Nov 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
too bad shes probably not gonna have any more screen time here on out

Nah, Aika is still going to appear in more flashbacks which was hinted in the preview (you can hear Aika talking).

This episode really is the best from the second part of the series, and Hanemura will surprise a couple of people next episode.
Mar 7, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
Fuwa Aika is now my favorite female character.
Mar 7, 2013 2:56 PM
Oct 2011
GateLambda said:
Well, that's debatable .. considering what Aika said about Mahiro not being nice to her from the start (implying she would have gone with him instead)

I'd say she was too nice to be a two-timer, but she definitely wanted to bang with Mahiro too.

Well I read the manga first and I've caught up to the raws(which I am so glad I understand Japanese) and Aika's feelings towards Yoshino is way more obvious in the manga. And that's a big leap with implying haha. Aika and Mahiro had a typical brother/sister relationship, with tension because well they're not related. But it was only Aika wishing they got along better, even though they did. I wouldn't call Aika nice, she's a good person but not nice. And I would really hate to spoil you how her feelings comes across as genuine because..and click at your own risk..

Even if she did want to bang Mahiro, I don't blame her. I would too if he was real. So yeah, more Aika flashbacks is win. :)
Fallen_LullabyMar 7, 2013 3:01 PM
Mar 7, 2013 3:01 PM
Nov 2012
Fallen_Lullaby said:

Even if she did want to bang Mahiro, I don't blame her. I would too if he was real.

Quoted for truth. But I'd have an harem with Mahiro, Yoshino, Natsumura, Hanemura and Samon.
Mar 7, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
Fallen_Lullaby said:

Even if she did want to bang Mahiro, I don't blame her. I would too if he was real. So yeah, more Aika flashbacks is win. :)

*.*
THIS ;3

Haters gonna hate.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 7, 2013 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
Woahhhh Great episode!
I liked then interaction between Aika and Hakaze. Hakaze was freakin' out while Aika was so calm and collected. Also, that punch was priceless u.u
Pretty much everybody got trolled by Aika xD
She's definitely one of my favorite characters now.
I still love the references to Shakespeare.
Now I want to see how will Hakaze deal with the Tree of Genesis, and how will Yoshino and Mahiro take the news u.u
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2012
So well done
Mar 7, 2013 3:10 PM
Dec 2012
Something outlined in this episode that no one has seemed to point out yet is that Aika is the one following logic. Hakaze is the one trying to disrupt it.

If I recall correctly, the power of the Kusaribe clan works only if it follows the logic of the world.

So, in a sense, the moment she decided to go back in time, Hakaze was predetermined and destined to lose this fight. Even if she was confirmed to be stronger than Aika, she was going to lose. Because she is not following the logic set for her, the end result was bound to be the same. Aika fought knowing this, which shows her intelligence, able to exceed that of time and space.

Another interesting point is Aika's description of the Magic of Exodus. They draw power directly from the tree. Their power is basically always greater than that of the Kusaribe clan. Whereas the Tree of Genesis gives power under the false pretense of control, the Tree of Exodus gives full reign without cause.

To summarize, it's like the lifelong battle between Assassins and Templars. Whereas the Templars seek control in order to establish peace, the Assasins believe that freedom is more important than peace itself. Subjectively, neither side is right or wrong.

Philosophical meaning like that is what makes the series so good. Things made sense long before the anime even reached this point, but the series masked it quite well.
Mar 7, 2013 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
i cant belive its almost over :(
Mar 7, 2013 3:39 PM

Feb 2011
Such an epic episode <3
Mar 7, 2013 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
IAtePringles said:
i cant belive its almost over :(
We have 3 more weeks, thats about 13% of the series, we still got a little chunk of it left.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2013 3:44 PM

Jan 2009
Aika sacrifice herself to save Yoshino and Mahiro ok that makes sense
Mar 7, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2012
Loved this episode!

But i still don't get one thing though and that's, why did she sacrifice herself in the first place? I mean there had to be one time in a different past where she'd sacrifice herself without Hakaze going back in time and telling her about the future, right?
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Quite the pocket knife she's packing there.

Feb 2012
Damn dat preview, looks like Hanemura snapped, and went ape shit on Mahiro and Yoshino for some reason.

Aika did mention that he's like a back-up mage who's supposed to replace her after she died, looks like that power is finally coming out.
Mar 7, 2013 3:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
too bad shes probably not gonna have any more screen time here on out.
I wonder...
Mar 7, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2012
I hope something unexpected will happen at the end. This is too sad and desperate. I really hate time traveling with no effect of changing present.
Mar 7, 2013 4:00 PM

Jul 2010
ecimir said:
I hope something unexpected will happen at the end. This is too sad and desperate. I really hate time traveling with no effect of changing present.

I hate when time travel is used to fill up plot holes.
Mar 7, 2013 4:01 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Reeve said:
ecimir said:

I hate when time travel is used to fill up plot holes.
I usually don't care for time travel stories for that same reason.
Mar 7, 2013 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
Finally, an amazing episode! I might change the rating of this show just because of that episode.
Mar 7, 2013 4:37 PM

Nov 2011
Aika don't give damn if she died for the sake of defeating the tree that will destroy civilization. The difference between her and Hakaze power is like Heaven and Earth.

Only 3 episodes left, will miss this show when it ends.

Mar 7, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
Next episode is called Fuwa Aika, I like it.
Mar 7, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
Such good animation.
Completely engrossing
Mar 7, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
Such awesome story telling. Those who called the series pretentious originally with all the shakespeare quotes must feel differently now ^^. I think they fit well both in terms of exposition/mood as well as plot. Ok so there are arguable a few off lines which may seem a little forced but otherwise, it's done really well imo :)
Mar 7, 2013 5:15 PM

Aug 2012
Neoclaw said:
Loved this episode!

But i still don't get one thing though and that's, why did she sacrifice herself in the first place? I mean there had to be one time in a different past where she'd sacrifice herself without Hakaze going back in time and telling her about the future, right?

Where's John Titor when you need him?

You'd be correct, there has to be an original world line where the future cannot effect the past. That is, if we're taking the chicken and egg paradox into account. Zetsuen probably isn't going by those strict(logical) time traveling rules, so I don't suppose it really matters.
Mar 7, 2013 5:16 PM
Oct 2010
damnnn she moved so gracefully in that fight. was so beautiful to watch. love that scene. love her now and probably love this series now. wish it had more of that
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 7, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2007
Aika and Hakaze talked first, then what Aika said made Hakaze mad and wanted to stop her, who is stronger. So KajiKaji's character was a backup.

Looks like everyone's shocked with the result to the extend that the two friends fight each other.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2013 5:29 PM
Sep 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
Neoclaw said:
Loved this episode!

Where's John Titor when you need him?

You'd be correct, there has to be an original world line where the future cannot effect the past. That is, if we're taking the chicken and egg paradox into account. Zetsuen probably isn't going by those strict(logical) time traveling rules, so I don't suppose it really matters.

No, it doesn't need to have one. It depends on theory of time. You can check on some physic and philosophical books.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.