Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like the show continues to follow the romance path right now. Oh Hakaze you silly and cute little girl. Dem thoughts.

Oh and more flashbacks? Heh, I guess it makes sense since Aika is one of the main protagonist of the series. Meh episode overall. Some cute scenes here and there. Oh and I think Hakaze is exaggerating a bit, especially regarding Yoshiro.

Oh shit and secret is out?? Wow.

3/5.
Feb 7, 2013 9:41 AM
Sep 2012
OOPS I SPILLED THE BEANS
Feb 7, 2013 10:51 AM
Nov 2012
I knew they were going to end episode with those 2 scenes, in the manga Hanemura said that in chapter 26 while Yoshino told Hakaze in chapter 22 (Yoshino and Hakaze were in a bed) but it made sense to join these two.

WHY DID THEY STOP THE SCENE WHEN WE FINALLY WERE GOING TO SEE AIKA AND YOSHINO KISSING?

As usual, next episode seems to follow the manga but I saw a couple of anime original parts and with different arrangements. We will finally see a truly angry Yoshino.
flamingo-chanFeb 7, 2013 12:25 PM
Feb 7, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2011
They finally found out who Mahiro's girlfriend is...
But wtf was that discussion before they found it out? XD
Class teacher? Loli, nurse, house wife... XD

Feb 7, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
I just want something to actually happen.
Feb 7, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2012
A really well put together episode, the combination of comedy, drama, and character introspection were woven together excellently. Oh my god the speculation of Yoshino's girlfriend by Mahiro, Samon, Jun and Hanemura was roflmao worthy. Teacher, Big Boobs, Lolita, Nurse and even a cafeteria lady? Hanemura once again being able to see the situation objectively pieces together who the only possibility could be. Hakaze dere as usual just came out with it which was surprising, I thought Yoshino would just pick up on it but nope she was just blunt with it.

I wonder what happens next episode as it looks like in the episode Hakaze and Yoshino have a fight and seperate
Feb 7, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2012
Really good episode. The conversation to find Yoshino’s girlfriend was so funny
What were they thinking. Teacher, Married Woman, Boobs, Loli. I mean, WTF
Feb 7, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Hakaze. I feel so bad for her, loving someone who is still very much in love with his dead girlfriend. As much as I want Hakaze to find love I don't think she will find it with Yoshino. He is way too emotionally unavailable.

I did love how Hakaze was fighting with herself over her feelings for Yoshino in the water. It was almost like the writers were having fun with people complaining that the show was turning into a "love comedy."
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 7, 2013 1:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LOL at all those suggestions...=_= they're a weird bunch, that's for sure. I wonder why they changed the setting where Yoshino and Hakaze were having the conversation, not that it's a big deal. I just wonder why. It's funny how Hanemura seems like the most out of it out of the Mahiro, Samon, and Junichirou, but he's pretty perceptive :) And yay, we get to see angry Yoshino next episode!
Feb 7, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2012
The milking of who Yoshino's girlfriend is finally over thank god. Them sitting around throwing out idea's of who his gf could be and not one person thinking it could be Aika had me pulling hairs. Thank you Hanemura for finally stating the obvious.

Hopefully things can get back to being serious business as i feel that suits this show much more than the romcom it has been these past few episodes.
niaxatoFeb 7, 2013 1:24 PM
Feb 7, 2013 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
I can't help but lol at all the scenes going on inside of Hakaze's head. I find the animation and dialog funny lol...

Well secrets out now. Although from a viewers point it was really not much of a secret.
Feb 7, 2013 1:59 PM

Feb 2012
& with that the secret that has been at the center of the series thus far is outta the bag!
Feb 7, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
wow didn't see that coming lol
Feb 7, 2013 2:18 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008

o.o kinda thought its Aika
Feb 7, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
The more I watch it the more I like this show. This episode was not an exception.
Yoshino & Aika together made a great couple and their conversations are done really well so I don't mind all those flashbacks. Not to mention they add to the mystery if Yoshino really is mage of exodus, though somehow I doubt that.

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes now that Mahiro knows (or at least suspects) about previously mentioned two being a couple.
Feb 7, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2007
Nothing really happens but again it was entertaining.

The conversation between the 4 guys trying to figure out who the girlfriend is was hilarious. LOLI? LUNCH LADY? BOOBS? MARRIED?

Then the idiot comes up with the answer somehow nobody expected ....

While Hakaze admits her feelings after acting weird around him. He tells her who it was?

What a mess over one girl.

Still he didn't turn down Hakaze. How could he? She's been great lately. It still might be hard for him to get over Aika.

I highly doubt Yoshino is the mage of Exocus. IMO the mage of Exodus is Aika. With all the flashbacks and talk of her constantly the more I'm convinced she is NOT dead. I'm sure it's possible if she was the mage she could have faked her death and caused this whole mess.

I like Aika, but I like Yoshino with Hakaze more.
Feb 7, 2013 2:48 PM
Jan 2010
He finally dropped the bombshell eh?, Mahiro is gonna go crazy xD, can't wait to see next weeks episode (and lol at Hakaze's sudden confession, wasn't expecting that)
Feb 7, 2013 2:55 PM

Feb 2011
Nice ep . We get a confession , way to go Hakaze . I'm pumped up to see how their relationship is going to develop .
Feb 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:

Seems like the show continues to follow the romance path right now. Oh Hakaze you silly and cute little girl. Dem thoughts.

Oh and more flashbacks? Heh, I guess it makes sense since Aika is one of the main protagonist of the series. Meh episode overall. Some cute scenes here and there. Oh and I think Hakaze is exaggerating a bit, especially regarding Yoshiro.

Oh shit and secret is out?? Wow.

3/5.

Lol pretty much this in full. Wasn't that great of an ep, or that bad, I had to skip the flashbacks as honestly I loath them. And hooray Brother finally figured it out! And now everyone knows he loves a dead girl. I think I'll read the manga for this see if I can confirm some of what I'm thinking will happen.

Nvm on the manga seems to be in the same place -_-
RedArmyShogunFeb 7, 2013 3:06 PM
Feb 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2011
Hanemura's really smart. I knew he would read into it XDDD

Well it's not like Mahiro's going to hate Yoshino they're too good of friends for that to happen. But still. D: Mahiro's face D'': He looked so shocked/betrayed. This episode was pretty good. I laughed quite a bit.
Feb 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Anyone who doesn't rate this 5/5 isnt really a fan of the show.
This is what I've been waiting for 17 episodes.
Feb 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
Damn at last they got him and discovered who his girl is, can't wait to see what will happen next, will Mahiro hunt him down lol.

Btw I like this little Samon-Mahiro-Hanemura-Junichirou alliance, they were great in this episode, especially their guessing who the girlfriend could be.
Feb 7, 2013 3:26 PM

Nov 2007
Ep. of revealing who Yoshino's girlfriend is, lol @ the meeting. KajiKaji's character is right on the topic, and Yoshino told Hakaze about her, too.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2013
What was up with Junichirou rubbing down Hanemura? He was pretty rough on Hanemura's feet... yikes.

I also thought that Junichirou was not taking sides? I know he helped out a little bit during the last battle but i am still not sure what his true motivation is.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 7, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
This was a great episode. I love the flashbacks...they give us a little bit more depth in Yoshino and Aika's relationship.
Finally they found out that those two were dating u.u. Things are going down :3
Hakaze is hilarious with her conflicting inner thoughts xD
Hanemura finally said what no one even dared to bring up u.u
Can't wait to see the next episode!!! >////<
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 7, 2013 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
Joseito1875 said:
This was a great episode. I love the flashbacks...they give us a little bit more depth in Yoshino and Aika's relationship.
Finally they found out that those two were dating u.u. Things are going down :3
Hakaze is hilarious with her conflicting inner thoughts xD
Hanemura finally said what no one even dared to bring up u.u
Can't wait to see the next episode!!! >////<

This^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 7, 2013 5:20 PM
Nov 2012
So the most blunt, straight to the point confession on this season doesn't come from a romantic love comedy or a harem series?

Japan, your anime quality is going dowwwwn!
Feb 7, 2013 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
llol the dumbest one deduced the answer first
i love how yoshino recited a phrase before revealing her lol
Feb 7, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
joshlul said:
I just want something to actually happen.
You saw the preview right, IO think the upcoming magnificent trainwreck mentioned by some manga readers is starting next week

RediceRyan said:
Anyone who doesn't rate this 5/5 isnt really a fan of the show.
This is what I've been waiting for 17 episodes.
Dont make the fans of this show look like a pack of jackasses dude, cause thats what you are doing

Also i think next ep all the characters are going to start conflicting with the other, that black haired guy gives me very bad vibes, samon and junichiro seem to be wild card, hanamura looks like he might snap soon(next ep), hakaze and yoshino look like they go their seperate ways and mahiro and yoshino look like they may conflict with the other.

All i have to say is this has got so much more interesting than it has been these past 5 weeks
JizzyHitlerFeb 7, 2013 5:32 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
Hazake is ♥. Enough said!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
The secret is out, wonder how this will affect the story.

Feb 7, 2013 6:18 PM
Oct 2010
a lolicon lulzzzzzz seriously salmon? that shit was hilarious.

lovestruck hakaze. moe~
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 7, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
obviously, the story knows what it's doing or what it has been doing.. there is so much mention of Love-Comedy in this ep and its elements that they're intentionally doing it.. we got a girl hopelessly in love, a couple with a seriously good chemistry in their conversations (only on flashbacks though), some other guys speculating some female stereotypes, the straightforward and awkward confession, and finally, the revelation of one's girlfriend to other characters.. and yet unlike other Love-Comedy shows, that last reveal and them finding out the most plausible answer to the identity of the girlfriend is so weighty that their world is actually at risk.. yes, we the viewers all knew who she is all along but that piece of information for the characters would totally wreck everything as the preview is suggesting.. i just love how this show changes the way it presents itself and still manages to make a lot of mundane scenes or actions into that one moment where i would tremble at the thought..

Aika and Yoshino > World ..
this seemingly harmless couple, who secretly spends their valentine's under the snowy night just blurting out whatever about their relationship in the sweetest and yet coldest manner, are the most untrustworthy characters..
Feb 7, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
omg that discussion to find out yoshino's gf..
YES! finally though, the secret is out !! wonder how mahiro's gonna act since he found out his best friend stole his sister's heart ;p
Feb 7, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
vaikepois said:

Nope its Hakaze <3

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Feb 7, 2013 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
Kaito_Dragneel said:
vaikepois said:

Nope its Hakaze <3
I think just by the color of the hair, it should be obvious that it is Hakaze, no?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 7, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
Now the fun shall begin.. i'll be eagerly waiting..
Feb 7, 2013 7:03 PM

Nov 2012
Yes, FINALLY he told Hakaze who his GF is :D
Feb 7, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 2012
God, that discussion over Yoshino's GF! The secret is finally out, I WANT MOAR! I can't help but imagine the fight between Yoshino and Mahiro. Recently, I thought a bit about the story surrounding Aika's "death". For instance, lets say the Tree of Zetsuden doesn't have control over the separation of it's mage's heart & magic. And lets also say that Aika is the actual Mage of Zetsuden. She, fully aware of this at young age, thought of a plan on destroying all chances of the Tree of Genesis's revival. She decided to pull some strings(with magic) and pulled herself into Mahiro's family, to use him in her plan, but then here comes YOSHINO! At the time, she wasn't fully aware of him, but when she did learn of him... she made a change and decided to use him, to control Yoshino(as the manga did say that the 2 were somewhat like the other half of the other). In through this process she waited till she was able to fully control them in a way, and used MAGIC to fake her death, to help begin where our story started. She eventually came to learn over time that... well her plan failed. So she went took Hanamura as her BF in order to cause some ruckus(by giving him her magic) and still keep herself hidden, also learning that people desired the Tree of Genesis to disappear, she eventually succeeds, and the world is reset. But she has more in mind, she plans on awakening the Tree of Zetsuden finally, with all the pieces currently within the Tree. Hakaze, and the others learn of this, and head-in. And they are met by... Aika. Though this is a bit rough, I think our writer knows exactly how to play it using her. He even told us that Hanamura is doing this whole Superhero thing just to get his GF back! Massive foreshadowing! Even the fact that her "death" was caused by MAGIC at the beginning. I can't help but sense the ending of Aika really just manipulating everything in her favor.
Feb 7, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
It's so weird that an already dead character can be my favorite character of a series! :)

Haha, their guesses are so wild! But it finally hit the spot.
Feb 7, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Haha, their guesses are pretty awesome. Anyways, should be interesting to see the rivalry between the two of them now that this has been revealed.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 7, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
Kurini said:
Haha, their guesses are so wild! But it finally hit the spot.
At the end it is still up to the apparently most naive external observer, Hanemura, to point out the most incisive insight, just like he did when he pointed out Mahiro's siscon complex.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 7, 2013 9:55 PM
Mar 2011
Overall a good episode although yoshino's girlfriend's identity was revealed unexpectly in an ordinary way, I was hoping for more of a dramatic revelation. But oh wells.
Feb 7, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my god Hakaze is so damn cute. The way she was asking Yoshino about what his girlfriend was like and the way she blushes so much thinking about trying to give up on him but ends up loving him even more. xD Lmao @ the conversation about finding out who Yoshino's girlfriend is. Lolita complex LOL!
Finally everyone found out that Aika was Yoshino's girlfriend and Hakaze confessed her love for Yoshino!
Shit, looks like next episode is gonna be really serious!
Feb 7, 2013 10:31 PM
Mar 2011
finally!
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 7, 2013 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
all in all it was a great episode.

at first i wasn't sure if aika really felt the same way for yoshino because she's always so mysterious and all the time it seems like she's playing her own game. but during that episode i was really making sounds like "awww" because it seemed like she really, really liked him. but that makes it even sadder that she's dead.

and i also wasn't sure what to think about megumu. but during that episode i started to like him. the way he was looking at mahiro, junichirou and samon while they were discussing about yoshinos's girlfriend made me laugh :D he was like a character during a musical episode - you know, this one character who's confused why everyone's singing. anyway. i liked it that he was the only one who thought about aika. well done, megumu.

but two things were bothing me.
1) i didn't like how hakaze were thinking that she needs yoshino. i was literally sighing. to fall in love with someone is one thing, but to need them is something totally different. it felt way too rushed.
2) i also really hated how mahiro was talking about killing yoshino. of course it's obvious that they're not typical best friends, but killing yoshino? seriously? i hope mahiro was just acting cool because i don't like the idea that he would easily kill yoshino.
HaibaraFeb 7, 2013 10:47 PM
Feb 7, 2013 10:47 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. I absolutely love it. Still, the more I watch the more it dawns on me. It really doesn't look like there'll be a Hakaze x Yoshino at the end, and I don't mean this season, I mean this entire series. Of course, the manga hasn't ended and something can still happen, but even without reading the manga, the flow simply doesn't feel like there's any setup for them being a couple. The more we see the more bond we see of Aika and Yoshino. It's far more likely, in fact, that Yoshino will choose to remain single. But I'm okay with this in a sense, because I would hate for them to force a coupling between Yoshino and Hakaze.

In other news, it looks like they're pulling on the strings they've put out in the last 3-4 episodes. Hakaze confessing and Mahiro realizing Yoshino's girlfriend might be Aika. Score.
Feb 7, 2013 10:51 PM

Sep 2012
hiabara said:
2) i also really hated how mahiro was talking about killing yoshino. of course it's obvious that they're not typical best friends, but killing yoshino? seriously? i hope mahiro was just acting cool because i don't like the idea that he would easily kill yoshino.
I take it to mean that to Mahiro, finding the killer of Aika trumps EVERYTHING.

Feb 7, 2013 10:57 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
hiabara said:
I take it to mean that to Mahiro, finding the killer of Aika trumps EVERYTHING.

that's true. i know mahiro is kind of selfish and that's fine. actually that's something i really love about him. so yeah.
buut it still makes me all tingly that he can say that so easily :s i don't even want to think about what might happen next week, oh dear.
Feb 7, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
I think there is more to the girlfriend mystery than meets the eye. Hanemura is the person who pointed it out, but seriously why did no one else think of it up to this point? She would seem to be a logical candidate, but everyone seemed to totally skip over that thought--almost as if something were preventing them from seeing the obvious. So along comes the new mage of Exodus and suddenly he makes them see the obvious. My guess is that the previous mage had put something in effect that would keep the relationship secret for some reason tied to her plans and the new mage has cancelled that out.

As for who is the new heart, I think there is another scheming candidate available. Someone who has recently bounced back from disgrace...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.