Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2013 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
O, Niko and her shades.

Aww poor Minami this episode. Be more confident! And oh God, the girls looks adorable in their maid clothes.

What a kawaii episode especially with that ending tbh.
Mar 3, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
^ Hey, seems you posted at 10:23pm Japan time while the anime started at 10pm - that is a bit rushed, don't you think?

Kotori maid episode, great ! Even greater to see the other girls in maid dress too !
We even have the sisters (Honoka's and Eri-chi's) dropping by ! And the scenes where they and the Mu's girls are in the cafe gave me a lot of smiles.

A bit disappointed at the lack of any portrayal of Nico's reaction at knowing the signature of "charisma maid" she so treasure is actually from Kotori...

LOL at Kayochin's salivating over idol goods...
A question: Who made those merchandise for MU'S ? Are we seeing some legally questionable merchandise here?

LOL at Kotori's writer's block...

But the sharpest impression to me in this episode is Eri-chi's strong presence, both in her practice outfits or in maid dress !

And I thought thie episode is special with an insert song "wonderzone" (but where is the dance for that?), turned out on top of that we even have a Kotori solo version of the ED !

I wonder what the air mail dropped into Kotori(?)'s mail box near the ending is about....

Overall a nice episode but I also noticed some of the sakuga (art/animation) looks lazy or so-so.

next episode we'll have swimsuit !

OMAKE: the following tonkatsu shop in Akihabara served really good (but expensive) tonkatsu (I tried it myself so I know) and since it got shown in the trailer in Love Live last week, it got long lines outside every day !!
symbvMar 3, 2013 6:45 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 3, 2013 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Nice ep. indeed. Next week is the beach Episode! They are going through all the PVs' settings. If the trend continues, we are looking at airport and Christmas scenes next
Mar 3, 2013 12:10 PM
Oct 2011
^
what about valentine then?

I hope kotori's mail is just a preparation for another insert song (i hope µ's 5th single)
And i hope in the next episode there'll be insert song of 3rd µ's single

overall nice ep.
poor niko losing from eri XD
Mar 3, 2013 12:33 PM

Dec 2012
ryanagamis said:
^
what about valentine then?

Unfortunately, maids setting from the valentine PV has been used in this episode and the song was
replaced with Kotori's new song. We are not likely to see them wearing maid outfit again.

First time was a nice homage and it's fine. But as much as I would like it to come true, I think it's better if they use new songs for the anime. Repeating songs only makes the show predictable and boring after a while. Plus, I want to hear more variety. Can't get enough of this music
Mar 3, 2013 3:52 PM
Dec 2009
Ahhhh I love Kotori-chan even more xD I wonder what that letter is about? I hope it's not something bad.
Mar 3, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
ThangLong said:
Nice ep. indeed. Next week is the beach Episode! They are going through all the PVs' settings. If the trend continues, we are looking at airport and Christmas scenes next

Snow Halation!?
Mar 3, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
I find it kinda odd that when they showed the merchandise there was only one merchandise visible of Eri that was only hidden in the top right.

Amazing episode seeing them in long skirts and maid outfits.

XenoiMar 3, 2013 5:58 PM
Mar 3, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
Nice Kotori focused episode i just wish i could get use to her voice..but i can't lol.
obligated beach episode next week yay~\T.T/
Mar 3, 2013 8:34 PM
Jul 2010
Xenoi said:
I find it kinda odd that when they showed the merchandise there was only one merchandise visible of Eri that was only hidden in the top right.

Might be because her stuff is the most popular and is sold out. Cue the earlier discussion on when Eri joined the group, that their popularity shot up among other females.
Mar 3, 2013 8:42 PM

Jun 2011
Enjoyed the merchandise part. :3
Mar 3, 2013 9:19 PM
Feb 2012
symbv said:

OMAKE: the following tonkatsu shop in Akihabara served really good (but expensive) tonkatsu (I tried it myself so I know) and since it got shown in the trailer in Love Live last week, it got long lines outside every day !!

speaking of the shops shown in the anime

credits were given to the shop at the ending video

including the maid cafe

Cure Maid Cafe

http://www.curemaid.jp/?page_id=5709

Mar 3, 2013 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
this episode was good
Kotori was very cute!!!
Her voice is cute as well!!!
Mar 3, 2013 9:41 PM
Sep 2012
That picture of Kotori smiling in a maid outfit was so MOE. She makes one really cute maid right there. I loved how right when Kotori thought that she had escaped, Nozomi sneaks behind her and threatens her with the boobie grab if she runs again.

I love the Eri and Niko comparisons throughout the episode too. It's funny how everyone looks at Eri - then looks at Niko in disappointment. Haha!

Didn't expect a Girls und Panzer commercial in the middle of Love Live. Only a couple of weeks left until the final episodes air.
Mar 3, 2013 10:24 PM

Dec 2012
OriginANIME said:
ThangLong said:

Snow Halation!?

^ yup
Mar 3, 2013 10:29 PM
Dec 2008
It would be nice if theres an Airport episode, because I really love the song Wonderful Rush
Mar 3, 2013 10:43 PM

Jul 2011
it was a cute episode of kotori cuteness overload!

but I wonder what the last scene was all about.
I hope it's not anything bad.
Mar 3, 2013 10:50 PM

Nov 2011
It's encouraging to see the girls getting popular enough to get their own merchandise in stores, i'm just curious as to why they didn't know it was there already, i'm pretty sure you can sue someone if they do that.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. As always, Niko makes the most hilarious faces.

I also loved this eps background art and animation. Sunrise really put in the effort by making Akiba feel alive and not using cg even for the vehicles. Really impressive they didn't take any shortcuts.

Next week looks like a beach ep. Those are always fun for me!
Mar 4, 2013 12:38 AM

Aug 2012
Much better character interactions and development compared to Idolm@ster. 5/5 episode.
Mar 4, 2013 1:46 AM

Oct 2011
That was adorable - as usual.
Nice to see some more of Kotori, as she seemed to be most ordinary of girls.

Also Niko's jealousy, she was so cute :) or in this scene (ok it was stolen by Rin's expression :P )
Mar 4, 2013 5:59 AM
Dec 2007
Niko and Maki, sharing the drink of love! XD

Niko was simply hilarious in the episode. She would've been the highlight of the episode if it hadn't been for Kotori's overwhelming cuteness.
Mar 4, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
Beach episode next week, I demand Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2, Jump!
Mar 4, 2013 8:08 AM
Feb 2011
Kotori is just way too HNNGGGGHHH.

Looks like it's a beach episode next week, not that I mind.
Mar 4, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
Girls are so funny ^^
Mar 4, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode as always.

Is it common to make merchandise of Idol groups without letting them know or sharing the profit?
Mar 4, 2013 12:40 PM
Nov 2012
Kotori episode = Great

That said, I like all of them!

RediceRyan said:
Is it common to make merchandise of Idol groups without letting them know or sharing the profit?

I found this quite weird too, like what?
Surely you would need permission.
Mar 4, 2013 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
Asians bootleggin products as usual. :P
Mar 4, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2009
man honoka truly deserves the title of leader. sh'e always the first to jump in ansd help, first one to reassure; she's the best

but selling merchandise without royalties or anything? isnt that illegal lol
Mar 5, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
Not sure if anybody here knows but the Akihabara maid cafe that Kotori works really exists. The name is also called "Cure Maid". Their website has just put up a page about the LoveLive episode: http://www.curemaid.jp/?page_id=5709
According to fans who have been to that cafe, the decor in anime is precisely like the real thing, except that the lighting is dimmer.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 5, 2013 6:41 AM

Nov 2007
Okay, is Japan really that creepy that they sell merchandise of a high school club without permission or anything? Are they seriously that obsessed with idols?

Anyway, I love this show but this episode struck me as one of the weaker ones. The only conflict was Kotori's writers block and the rest was just FLUFFY FLUFFY KAWAII. Also, the characters voices were so shrill/squeaky in this episode I want to rip my headphones out. Those noises that Kayochin was making when she saw the merchandise...no, my poor ears.

On the plus side though, I liked the insert song and the solo ending (topped off the episode's shrillness lol but it was nice to hear something different). The episode coulda used more dancing.

Mar 5, 2013 1:03 PM

Jan 2011
No dancing in this episode? Boo! This episode was pretty good but just felt strange to me, idk...
And stores are selling their stuff without them knowing it? Now that's just bad... seriously.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 5, 2013 1:10 PM
Feb 2012
I don't really like Kotori's voice but it was nice seeing an episode that gave her more courage. That's what makes muse as a band so interesting- that everyone is doing their best in order to make it work.

Now I only wonder what that letter (addressed at Kotori) at the end of the episode was supposed to mean; especially given the conversation prior to that scene...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 5, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode.
5/5.

Mar 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Dec 2011
is she... that letter... dont leave!! D:
Mar 6, 2013 7:11 AM
Feb 2012
Great episode, it was nice to see Kotori get some courage. :D

It's interesting to see what that letter is. I sense something dramatic is going to happen. I'm sure things will work out though, so I'm not worried. =)

Cordelia said:
It would be nice if theres an Airport episode, because I really love the song Wonderful Rush

I love that song too, it's my favourite song by them.^^
Mar 6, 2013 9:52 AM
Feb 2009
AiCon said:
It's funny how everyone looks at Eri - then looks at Niko in disappointment. Haha!
definitely the highlight of the ep lol
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 6, 2013 12:41 PM
Jun 2011
Guys I've got a theory for what the letter could be.

Kotori's mum is the school's director. So maybe the letter is for the Love Live and telling them they've been accepted maybe.
Or its a letter from Kotori's dad.
Mar 6, 2013 4:09 PM

Jun 2008
Zee530 said:
It's encouraging to see the girls getting popular enough to get their own merchandise in stores, i'm just curious as to why they didn't know it was there already, i'm pretty sure you can sue someone if they do that.

They aren't affiliated with corporate labels as we have seen so they are free artist and their goal for now isn't even to make a tone of money but to become popular enough to save their school so a shop selling merchandise even if it was created by the shop itself still helps them in their goal.
They can even make good money under common-free license by simply taking advantage of popularity but in a real world corporations will probably crush them cause they won't allow anyone to become anything outside their control and without being their cash cow.
Mar 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Apr 2011
Monad said:
Zee530 said:

They aren't affiliated with corporate labels as we have seen so they are free artist and their goal for now isn't even to make a tone of money but to become popular enough to save their school so a shop selling merchandise even if it was created by the shop itself still helps them in their goal.
They can even make good money under common-free license by simply taking advantage of popularity but in a real world corporations will probably crush them cause they won't allow anyone to become anything outside their control and without being their cash cow.

Good explanation there. That I was trying to say...but I couldn't. XD

On the other hand, I want those muse goodies! I want them all!

lol at Honoka wanting free juice.
MagitoMar 8, 2013 9:16 AM
Mar 9, 2013 3:58 AM

Jan 2012
Di Gi Charat banner FTW
Mar 10, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
Gamer40000 said:
Guys I've got a theory for what the letter could be.
Kotori's mum is the school's director. So maybe the letter is for the Love Live and telling them they've been accepted maybe.
That won't explain the letter is being sent via air mail though (as the envelope is an air-mail envelope).

Mar 10, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2011
Sometimes, I can't believe that I'm enjoying this anime the most compared
to other current animes...It keeps me smiling and laughing every episode.

And the more episodes we get the sooner the ending comes. Sad.

how I wish for a second seaosn. Love Live is just too awesome be ending soon.
Mar 10, 2013 3:12 PM

Oct 2011
Everyone looked so cute in their maid outfits! Kotori's lyrics were great. It's really great to see the group of 3 girls supporting μ's and the group ranking 50th.
Mar 28, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2011
Kotori episode = 5/5 <33
Apr 9, 2013 7:59 AM

Oct 2012
Well, today enough with maid service...
Kotori-chan she's quite a pro XD

Next ep, swimsuit fanservice?
Fanservice again I guess...
"Signature removed"
May 16, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that I liked very much, perhaps due to the fact that he had also given space to the setting, which I think real and not invented, view during the narration. designs and backdrops really cute and very funny narration! The plot has not only played the card Minalinsky, I liked it too.
Sep 16, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
Cute episode I guess.
May 16, 2014 11:48 PM

Nov 2012
I expected them to be wearing maid uniforms for their next performance. Kotori is so cute in this episode.
Aug 29, 2014 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
Kotori episode, not bad but I wonder - what's with that letter in the end?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.