Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 28, 2013 7:30 PM

Feb 2013
... hm
Feb 28, 2013 8:10 PM

Apr 2012
To quote Adventure Time:

Feb 28, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
Marow said:
Am I the only one who is really annoyed when this show is perverted? It's just bad, pure bad.
I've been posting in prior episode forums how I wish Manabe would tone down some...
All the perversion is only in the thought. And I am sure if you are able to look into private thoughts of people, you may be surprised to see how often you find perverted thoughts in people. Of course Manabe is exceptional in having vivid imagination with just a small enticement, but at least we never see him acting as a pervert. In fact I would say that he may actually hesitate to act like one even if he is given the chance.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 28, 2013 8:39 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Cratex said:
Marow said:
Am I the only one who is really annoyed when this show is perverted? It's just bad, pure bad.
I've been posting in prior episode forums how I wish Manabe would tone down some...
All the perversion is only in the thought. And I am sure if you are able to look into private thoughts of people, you may be surprised to see how often you find perverted thoughts in people. Of course Manabe is exceptional in having vivid imagination with just a small enticement, but at least we never see him acting as a pervert. In fact I would say that he may actually hesitate to act like one even if he is given the chance.
I'm with symbv. Everyone has some perverted thoughts. It's even more so when you're a teenager like Manabe. At least he doesn't really act on them in a overly perverted way and taking every advantage he can of Kotoura. If anything, I'd say that Moritani should tone down more with her bi-polar violent tendencies while Manabe has been a great guy for looking out for Kotoura and standng by her side all this time.
Feb 28, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2008
AiCon said:
symbv said:
Cratex said:
Marow said:
I'm with symbv. Everyone has some perverted thoughts. It's even more so when you're a teenager like Manabe. At least he doesn't really act on them in a overly perverted way and taking every advantage he can of Kotoura. If anything, I'd say that Moritani should tone down more with her bi-polar violent tendencies while Manabe has been a great guy for looking out for Kotoura and standng by her side all this time.

Totally agree, the perversion is perfectly fine given that we're dealing with teenagers here, hell it'd be perfectly fine if we were dealing with adults too. Moritani is a huge bitch, she's got no business beating down Manabe like that. Did she learn nothing from like 4 episodes ago? God I hate her.

The after credits, were those Kotouras memories? I saw a girl in a skirt and it looked like she was being whipped with a crop. It better not have been Kotoura and her mother or I'll be pissed.
Feb 28, 2013 8:53 PM
Aug 2011
Ok but why does Moritani have to keep hitting Manabe.

I'm also starting to get very irritated with the club president and the glasses guy.

razisgosu said:
Moritani is a huge bitch, she's got no business beating down Manabe like that. Did she learn nothing from like 4 episodes ago? God I hate her.

Sometimes it feels like people hardly care about this.
Not just Manabe but males in general that get beat up like that.
standFeb 28, 2013 8:59 PM
Feb 28, 2013 8:55 PM
Sep 2012
razisgosu said:
AiCon said:
symbv said:
Cratex said:
Marow said:

Totally agree, the perversion is perfectly fine given that we're dealing with teenagers here, hell it'd be perfectly fine if we were dealing with adults too. Moritani is a huge bitch, she's got no business beating down Manabe like that. Did she learn nothing from like 4 episodes ago? God I hate her.

The after credits, were those Kotouras memories? I saw a girl in a skirt and it looked like she was being whipped with a crop. It better not have been Kotoura and her mother or I'll be pissed.
I hate Moritani too. She really is a bitch, but this time, it's Kotoura who told her to beat up Manabe so Kotoura is a bitch too in this episode. Beating on someone for merely thinking something even though he never acted on them is never good.

I think the memories she saw were from someone else who did something.
Feb 28, 2013 8:58 PM
Sep 2012
parfaited said:

I'm also starting to get very irritated with the club president and the glasses guy.
Because she's a tsudere who's in love with Manabe. Tsunderes are usually violent with the guys they love. Kotoura also asked her to punish him for merely thinking perverted things about her, so it's her fault too.
Feb 28, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
Kotoura being sick is so damn cute! I like how her speech is slurred. So Kotoura can't read minds when she has a cold. Lmao, Manabe goes crazy with his perverted thoughts. I wanna know what Yuriko's plan is that involves Kotoura's mind-reading abilities. That cliffhanger ending was pretty damn crazy. Seems like the last few episodes are gonna be a serious final arc. Kotoura's mother seems to be involved as well.
Feb 28, 2013 9:17 PM
Aug 2011
AiCon said:
parfaited said:

Because she's a tsudere who's in love with Manabe. Tsunderes are usually violent with the guys they love. Kotoura also asked her to punish him for merely thinking perverted things about her, so it's her fault too.

Well yeah I know, it's a typical tsundere role.
(I was born without the funny bone that supposed to think tsunderes are so cute and hilarious when they hit people like that.)

I wish it wasn't a constant thing in anime where these all around nice guys get beat up like that.
Though that's like asking for accidental boob grabs and panty shots not to exist. Which of course is never going to happen.

Anyway don't mind me, I've just let some of my inner thoughts on tsundere violence slip.
standFeb 28, 2013 9:20 PM
Feb 28, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
Cratex said:
Marow said:

Manabe is a contradiction.. He thinks perverted thoughts but when given the chance he couldn't act on them. I think his perversions are a bit over the top but I don't mind mainly because he's a harmless character. He genuinely cares for Kotoura which I find a redeeming quality that overshadows his perverted tendencies. Plus he's probably a virgin and in that frustrated phase where hormones overpower every other thought.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 28, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2011
Barion-Zara said:

Wonder what happened there at the end?

From what I understood her powers came back and she read the mind (or experiences) of that white shirted person she bumped into which were truamatic causing her to faint. Is that what u guys got out of it?

Yeah, that's exactly what I got out of it.
Wow I wonder what's gonna happen next, But they said it was going to be the serious kotoura arc, and since there is only 4 episodes left, it will be the remaining of the season.
I like serious, and this anime can really take it there. Like in the beginning.

I didn't not expect it though, this turn of events.
But I will be waiting, or trying to wait patiently for that next batch of episodes. :D
Feb 28, 2013 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
that next episode. really can't wait for it.
Feb 28, 2013 11:48 PM
Oct 2012
Was the red hair girl in fear at the end of the trailer Moritani?
Mar 1, 2013 12:00 AM

Oct 2010
Kotoura's ESP finally becoming a useful tool to help people..
Kotoura is becoming a detective ,can't wait for next ep!!

AiCon said:

I hate Moritani too. She really is a bitch, but this time, it's Kotoura who told her to beat up Manabe so Kotoura is a bitch too in this episode. Beating on someone for merely thinking something even though he never acted on them is never good.

Man,it is only for comedy purpose..she wasn't seriously want to beat Manabe up....
groundfishMar 1, 2013 12:07 AM
Signature Removed
Mar 1, 2013 12:12 AM

Sep 2012
Drama, are you here ?
Mar 1, 2013 12:44 AM

Aug 2012
Shit just got real!
Mar 1, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2012
That cliffhanger.
Mar 1, 2013 1:35 AM

Dec 2011
what a sweet episode :) ♥

UNTIL I SAW THAT ENDING D:
Mar 1, 2013 3:40 AM

May 2010
..this is epic.
Mar 1, 2013 4:13 AM

Sep 2012
Some more observations after watching it for the second time

- I-KO-U-KA KO-TO-U-RA-SA-N (reactions why everyone found out you are on your first date)

- Ero-kawaii Ero-lewd Ero-casual Ero-gorgeous LOL

- I actually thought the mother of the vice chairman is his sister or something LOL

- It never occurred to me that a mind reader would definitely get how a movie will end as soon as he/she steps into the theater with departing audience...
symbvMar 1, 2013 4:20 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2010
Arlia said:
Drama, are you here ?

More like melodrama
Yes it's always there, meh.
Mar 1, 2013 6:47 AM

May 2011
I was just thinking that Kotoura-san was getting a little stale and then that ending...

Whoa.

I'm conflicted...

My heart breaks whenever there's drama concerning Kotoura but the drama is the anime's strongest point...
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Mar 1, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was pretty good but next episode looks like it'll be awesome. Can't wait.
Mar 1, 2013 7:26 AM

Jan 2008
A decent episode as usual , but the pervert images was just quite over the top . even tentacles, really ? and those long tongues .guh

But even so , Manabe trying to cover those thoughts up was quite hilarious . 'I have finally burned all of my perverted thoughts' , lol really . hahaha

And finally we are back to the dark drama that made me like this show . The biggest pain is when you fall from too much happiness . Probably seeing a murder/an attempted one should make someone traumatized for awhile . Cant wait next week .The plot is finally building up .
ah , and the ED song is the best .

oh , and Kotoura's face of the week iiiiiis
Mar 1, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
Loving it. Can't wait for ep9!
Mar 1, 2013 8:34 AM
Apr 2011
Wow, the Ending is shocking.... o.O
Looks like, next episode gonna be a serius anime??
Mar 1, 2013 9:26 AM
Jan 2013
vvld said:
She's ohay

EEEEWWWWW!!!
Mar 1, 2013 9:50 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
You won't get an argument from me regarding what goes on in a guy's head regarding women. I fully admit I spend a considerable amount of time thinking about having sex with women, real or animated (and I've slowed down since I was a teen 35 years ago - sucks getting old).

I'm simply objecting to how strongly it's presented here. It's the difference between listening to your favorite heavy metal at 90db versus 125db
Mar 1, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
I'm simply objecting to how strongly it's presented here. It's the difference between listening to your favorite heavy metal at 90db versus 125db
And we know why some like to listen to their favorite music at louder volume and some want it not so loud. Subjective preference it is. Besides, unlike music, there is not a health issue here like when one listens to music at overly loud volume.

Mar 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2007
When it's funny, it's very funny. When it's cute, it's very cute. It doesn't need the drama - it doesn't seem to suit the animation or overall theme ...

Mar 1, 2013 2:37 PM

Dec 2011
Oh, a weakness of the power...

It was nice seeing them on a date finally. LOL at the comments of everyone about their first date. Ahahahaha.

And, this is getting serious!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2013 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
Manabe is a sicko.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 1, 2013 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
Fiji said:
Oh, a weakness of the power...

It was nice seeing them on a date finally. LOL at the comments of everyone about their first date. Ahahahaha.

And, this is getting serious!!!
Weakness? More like an advantage to find out culprit.

But I think I know where this is going. Kotoura will become involved in a case or something and she is the only witness since she can read minds. Of course people won't believe them and they will throw Kotoura or blame or ostracize her again for being a freak (mind reader).

Her situation will become much like the club President's mom(there might be suicide part but very very unlikely) and we will see the club president save the day as well for not losing any more people special to her.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 1, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
male lead has good taste in clothes
Mar 1, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:
You won't get an argument from me regarding what goes on in a guy's head regarding women. I fully admit I spend a considerable amount of time thinking about having sex with women, real or animated (and I've slowed down since I was a teen 35 years ago - sucks getting old).

I can't even begin to understand how the male mind works, but they say men think about sex every seven seconds. If that is true then wouldn't that make Manabe normal?
Mar 1, 2013 8:55 PM
Feb 2013
Like the anime so far. Anyone else love Manabe?
Mar 2, 2013 7:53 AM
Feb 2013
Looks like Kotoura is following the same path that her sempai's mom took.
Mar 2, 2013 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
Great episode! Manabe rules xD
Dat ending e.e well here comes the drama.
Mar 2, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2012
dat last scene
Mar 2, 2013 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
soo sweet ^^
Mar 2, 2013 1:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
I can't even begin to understand how the male mind works, but they say men think about sex every seven seconds.
Most men are actually fairly simple animals - there is not much to understand. There is a saying that goes "if a guy doesn't look horny give him a sandwich cause he's hungry."

Both of those are (probably) exaggerations...

mora404 said:
If that is true then wouldn't that make Manabe normal?

As for what he is thinking, surely. But for me it's his external behavior that is at issue. It's just a little to much for me :)
CratexMar 2, 2013 1:03 PM
Mar 2, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:

But for me it's his external behavior that is at issue. It's just a little to much for me :)

Well I would agree with you there. If I met Manabe and he started staring into space and drooling, I would think he was having an epileptic seizure. His perverted face is not very attractive.
Mar 2, 2013 5:23 PM

Jul 2008
I actually like the little Mifune x Muruto romance hints where Muruto slams her down way more than the main romance.

Mar 2, 2013 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
Weeeell, I took a look at some manga raws and I have to say that last scene is the biggest trolling most people will get here hahaha...
Two words (read at your own risk):
Ku ku ku~
Mar 2, 2013 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
Nice ep. Now I wonder what made her regain her psychic abilities.
Mar 3, 2013 12:33 AM

Jul 2012
I got chills when Kotoura fell.. I wonder what happened. Ready for the next episode!
Mar 3, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
So October has 28 days?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 3, 2013 1:15 PM
Feb 2012
Wow, what an ending.
After such a heartwarming episode involving Manabe taking care of a sick Kotoura and the two of them going on a date, it ends with the poor girl falling in a shock-like state by regaining her psychic powers (as it seems). Actually it shouldn't surprise anyone that Kotoura is starting to read the minds of murderers and the likes since it had to happen sooner or later. And that's probably also where Mifune will come into play; or her grand scheme to be more precise.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 3, 2013 4:40 PM

Jun 2011
Haha, maybe it was a bad idea to watch Kotoura-san after watching the latest ep of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the change from the seriousness to super-sweet was a bit too much xP

Anyway, good episode ^^
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.